Need help for second ZETA and on which faction I should focus!

Hi guys!

I've collected the 2nd set of zeta material and now I need advice who I should zeta next.

I want my next zeta to be useful for raids (my guild is doing both raids), arena and territory battle.
Or to put it simple: I don't want to waste it on a bad decision like to put the first on Maul :D

I think I should be doing more raids, to get more gear mats and then focus on arena or TB... Coming to think of Jyn and TFP
Dunno :D

Here is my character profile:
https://swgoh.gg/u/darthjulfred/

My first zeta was Darth Maul, he is good but Sith are not running good in arena any more and I got stuck around rank 1500...

So far, I've been impressed by zeta abilitys of many characters like Kylo Ren unmasked (KRU), Kylo, Finn, R2 but not sure on which faction I should focus...
Zeta Finn is fun but need lot of time for my resistance squad's gear and level.
I also read, that zeta KRU would be a good choice, cause he got the old zeta ability of the normal kylo... But the shard farming for him is awful...
At the moment I'm farming garazeb as last 7* jedi for yoda event at the end of the month. I'm also farming imperial toons and first order to get r2 to 7* and for unlocking BB-8. I unlocked Greatadmiral Thrawn (5*, Phoenix Squad is not the best) a few days ago, so he isn't geared at all.

Maybe I should focus on resistance or first order and build up a new primary Team for Arena?
My Rey(scavenger, GL 7) and R2 (GL 8) are 85, but kylo ren(84, GL 8) and other FO toons aren't bad either.

Choices over choices...!

Could you advise?

Sorry for my english, ist's not my native language!

Replies

• Options
    If I were you I’d do either R2 number crunch or Kylo outrage. R2 is so versatile and can be used with so many teams that if I were to do it again I would do r2 before kylo. My 1st zeta choice was outrage and I do not regret it at all.
  • Options
    Zeta finn is amazing in the tank raid territory battles and wars if you feel you can get another zeta before your resistance is ready then I would definitely recommend r2s number crunch because it works so well in almost any squad and with that zeta he can be a place holder in your resistance squad until you get bb8
  • Options
    Agree. Zeta Finn is also an excellent choice
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply, steadyhigh! :smiley:
    Just that is my conflict... If I zeta R2, should I focus on resistance?
    Or is the better choice to get zylo and focus on FO(maybe to get bb8)?
    I think I have to replace my whole arena team (Sith+Shoretrooper) and I don't know which faction the next should have.

So in conclusion you would say R2 first, but what then? Which faction or which squad would you farm?
  • Options
    Good point, Darthpedro! Zeta Finn would be a good choice too and maybe the better one, if I can replace R2 with bb8 in the future?
  • Options
    Zfinn makes so much damage for resistance, and with finn poe trooper pilot and bb8 you can solo p4 of tank raid. Takes a while though but it's possible
  • Options
    I found the bb8 event to be quite easy I did it with Phasma lead g10 kylo g9 and fotp fost and foo g8 all of which had mods I put on them because they are pilots so nothing special and no zetas. So I wouldn't zeta kylo just for that purpose (not to say don't zeta him but just not for that event alone), his utility in phase 1 of tank is also lessened because they fixed the bug that reset the escape timer every time his cool downs reset and if more than a couple people in your guild have cls they should be able to clear phase 1 no problem

The nice thing with number crunch in a resistance squad is you can get about a 12% potency increase to land more exposes. Once you get bb8 his secret Intel buff gives 25% so he is the better option. Number crunch will get other boosts in other squads though so he's still good paired with rebels jedi clones or droids.

The main question is how long does it take you to get zetas if it takes longer to get zetas than to get your resistance leveled geared and modded then I would say do r2 now because his will help you right away

Also keep in mind for the tank raid Poe needs to be SUPER fast I can't remember the exact number but his speed needs to be like 220 something to go before the tank and get the expose train started ideally with a speed and potency set with a speed primary arrow and potency primary on the cross
  • Options
    Thank you all for the nice responses! :) If you wanna take a quick look:

My first order team: https://swgoh.gg/u/darthjulfred/collection/?f=first-order

My rebels: https://swgoh.gg/u/darthjulfred/collection/?f=rebel

My resistance team: https://swgoh.gg/u/darthjulfred/collection/?f=resistance

I put in the FO link, cause I have KRU at 4*, lvl 77, gl 8 and FO executioner at 4*, lvl 50, gl 7, other FO toons on a good *level...

The Resistance toons will take a lot of time, only Rey is good equipped with 7*, lvl maxed and gl 8. Finn will get 7* in the next few days, is lvl 60, gl 7

So you say the best would be to choose R2s number chrunch. The resulting rebell team would be:

Ackbar(lead)7* lvl 80, gl 7
    Ahsoka Thano (Fulcrum) 7*lvl 84, gl8
    R2 5* lvl 85 gl 8
    Ezra 7* lvl 80, gl 8
    Biggs 7* lvl 80, gl 8
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a dark side runner but both Number Crunch and Finn's zetas are excellent.

I'd go R2 as he works with rebels and resistance.

Good luck! And yeah, Maul when the Sith are dead :neutral:
  • Options
    Ackbar(lead)7* lvl 80, gl 7
    Ahsoka Thano (Fulcrum) 7*lvl 84, gl8
    R2 5* lvl 85 gl 8
    Ezra 7* lvl 80, gl 8
    Biggs 7* lvl 80, gl 8

Dude, if I were you I would put Biggs on the bench until you get Wedge (who I see you haven't even unlocked yet) to pair with him. In my opinion you would be better off running Kylo in his spot.

As for your zeta, R2's number crunch was my first, but I already had a strong Rebels team with a Wedge lead.

If I were you, I would look at throwing that zeta on ATF or Kylo.

I have Zylo, and I have him G12.5, and he is awesome and hard to kill.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If your goal is raids, then you really have 2 choices. Vader and Finn.

I would start with the pit raid as this will help your debelopment from where your toons are now.

-Vader(z) and empire/TMR toons will give you an auto solo team, but you could build an non zeta TMR team if you really wanted to. I would still suggest the zader route from looking at your roster.

Second option is Finn
    -Finn and a resistance team, no bb8, no r2 can run 5M and up damage on a bad run, with no focus on speed (but still some speed) and just stacked potency. They are the cheapest most effective team to develop.

I fully recommend focus on pit first, get that down to a solo ( eventually an auto solo) and let the gear come in. Then build the resistance for AAT raid.

If you go R2 it is a less direct route on raids, but could help in arena.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    At the moment I'm farming garazeb as last 7* jedi for yoda event at the end of the month.

Just a heads up Zeb isn't a Jedi.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    At the moment I'm farming garazeb as last 7* jedi for yoda event at the end of the month.

Just a heads up Zeb isn't a Jedi.

You're fully right! I meant Kanan Jarrus
  • Options
    If I were you I'd sit on the zetas for few months until you built up your roster more and also see if you can get CLS next time to give him the Binds zeta. I don't think you have enough built currently that will make any zeta payoff anytime soon. R2's zetas are great, but he's also a support toon and they really only payoff once you surround R2 with elite toons like RJT / CLS or a team of resistance with a zeta Finn.

Vader and Finn are your best 2 options at this time assuming you can build teams around them, but if you're going Resistance I'd at least look at how soon you think you may acquired RJT because her leader and zeta is much better than Finn's. Finn's is still great way to go however if you're far from RJT. Her event would likely come back sometime around April going on past event recurrence.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If your goal is raids, then you really have 2 choices. Vader and Finn.

For me it would be Finn over vader, because I could use Zader only for rancor (trying to get away from relying on my Zaul Sithteam)

Or does a Zader boost up my Sith team under Zaul lead this much, that it's valuable in arena again? Can't imagine...

Waiting a few months is also interesting, RJT seems to be the new top toon, so putting Finn on the bench would be a good decision....
    If I were you I'd sit on the zetas for few months until you built up your roster more and also see if you can get CLS next time to give him the Binds zeta. I don't think you have enough built currently that will make any zeta payoff anytime soon. R2's zetas are great, but he's also a support toon and they really only payoff once you surround R2 with elite toons like RJT / CLS or a team of resistance with a zeta Finn.

Vader and Finn are your best 2 options at this time assuming you can build teams around them, but if you're going Resistance I'd at least look at how soon you think you may acquired RJT because her leader and zeta is much better than Finn's. Finn's is still great way to go however if you're far from RJT. Her event would likely come back sometime around April going on past event recurrence.

Cls and RJT are connected with a nice amount of toons I have to farm + bb8 (for who I need FO), I don't think I can do it in the next few month, don't you?

Now I'm more confused than before :lol:

I think there are two choices for now. The long way: collecting toons(shards, equipment,...) for cls and RJT (dunno which first). Keeping zeta and build up a full RJT/CLS when the time has come.
    The short way: Spending the zeta on Finn or Kylo, which seem to be a good for all choice and building up a resistance team around Finn/a FO team around kylo.

Hard decision... :#
  • Options
    Zaul isn’t a bad zeta! Good for TW and DSTB
  • Options
    You're right, in these battles they rock! But for arena sith toons are not as strong as they used to be, or there are too many toons, which defeat sith easily...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Normally I would agree that zader might be a little of a waste, but in your case it's about development, zader is good in ships later on too. And he is your quickest route to an auto solo.( that was always my goal with pit). The next route for that involves CLS. Vader zeta does nothing for a with team under maul. But still good in DS TB,GW, and TW.

Resistance is a great choice and will help you develop too. As I said before they are still the single best investment in the game right now.
  • Options
    Zeta Pao is the new meta, he shreds any team by himself. Also clone wars Chewbacca is crazy good with his zeta.