An SWGOH story

Ender22
1194 posts Member
edited January 2018
So far SWGOH has piggy backed off of many great SW stories. It’s been fun too. But now, with all of the funds that you have achieved, when is it time to take this game to the next level?

I’d love to see SWGOH become the next KOTOR. To hire on some creative and skilled writers that would help SWGOH make this game into a unique SW experience.

It would be fairly easy to start off and make a side story for Revan, and that could give you guys the experience and data required to make a story of your own.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

But this game isn't a story line game. It's never been that way. The only story here is of you in a holo table cantina to beat the table, or the other player.

The hero journey is as close as we have gotten, but still that would be as far as story telling as they can get, I would think, or it would be a different game.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

But this game isn't a story line game. It's never been that way. The only story here is of you in a holo table cantina to beat the table, or the other player.

The hero journey is as close as we have gotten, but still that would be as far as story telling as they can get, I would think, or it would be a different game.

This game hasn’t been a story game. And it’d really take creative thinking to get into that. But even a short story, as short as the flash events, combined with the hero’s journey, maybe add in a space battle..

It would be a different game, at least for that one portion of it. The rest would be the same. But after two years of playing, I feel like different is refreshing. TW is different, TW is different. In fact, TW is kind of a short story, one of battle. Even the raids are their own smaller scale story.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ender22 wrote: »

This game hasn’t been a story game. And it’d really take creative thinking to get into that. But even a short story, as short as the flash events, combined with the hero’s journey, maybe add in a space battle..

It would be a different game, at least for that one portion of it. The rest would be the same. But after two years of playing, I feel like different is refreshing. TW is different, TW is different. In fact, TW is kind of a short story, one of battle. Even the raids are their own smaller scale story.

But even TW is not a short story, it's a back drop from a story, much like each character is just a snap shot of who they are in that moment. Hero's journey is a series of snap shots. This game's layout and character setup doesn't really lend itself to a story line.

To do so you would have to limit toons that can be used and constrict it to make it fit. They have been working on opening things up to follow what they have laid out the path of this game to be. I could see more hero's journey type events but I really think that's as close as this game can get to story telling.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

But even TW is not a short story, it's a back drop from a story, much like each character is just a snap shot of who they are in that moment. Hero's journey is a series of snap shots. This game's layout and character setup doesn't really lend itself to a story line.

To do so you would have to limit toons that can be used and constrict it to make it fit. They have been working on opening things up to follow what they have laid out the path of this game to be. I could see more hero's journey type events but I really think that's as close as this game can get to story telling.

It kind of is a story. The empire fighting its way to the rebel front lines. Along the way they had to take out different objectives, if they couldn’t, their mission became more difficult. Different groups assigned to different tasks. All it requires is some text to back the story.

Hero’s Journey is kind of all I was able to imagine. And really, at the forefront was a story piggy backing off of Revan’s lol. A light side team who was betrayed and forced to fight against a man they fought alongside. Of course using Revans story would have some major copyright issues, but a short story of their own might be manageable. In the end, what is Revans story but a lot of gameplay interspersed with little details along the way.

But I can imagine a Talzin style reward distribution with a holo table style gameplay that held teamwork, strife, betrayal, “losses” and epic wins. All interspersed with short texts such as those that detail the raid story lines. GG has a short single line story of defeating him to turn the tide of the war