Awfully Quiet

I feel like the devs and community relations people have been awfully quiet since the new year. There were a couple of small things and they have hinted that there is more on the way in the near future. I know after all this time that I should not have expectations, but I really expected some kind of info last week. I am enjoyed the game as much as ever, but there are some QOL issues that I am particularly interested in hearing about. Even if they come on and say here are the things we are working on. We have no idea when they will be out, but here is our vision for certain things. Just something cool or fun to look forward to.

Replies

• They're letting you accumulate some overtime so you have a few bucks to spend.
  • Agree, this silence kills...
  • StravBlardo
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    They are still prepping the Vader, Palp, Royal Guard rework. Along with Rukh, Governer Pryce and Tie Defender (all three are in Rebels right now).

Plus, the Snoke Legendary at the end of February. Why else would they have Poe/Finn as loggin characters? Probabary a BB9E (direct counter to R2... who has been meta since his release) and Praetorian Guard marquee event.

Huge month for Darkside, just like last February.

The rest of this year will be First Order vs Empire for arena domination.
    Post edited by StravBlardo on
  • Yeah it's been quiet since the new year other than dropping a random FO character. But I think that's a good thing, a break every now and then is good for players to catch up somewhat. Also it's a good sign that theyvhave their heads down and are working hard on whatever the next update is, am I right @CG_Kozispoon :smiley: !?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can't win. Content and toons rolling out, "stop, slow down, let's us catch our breath".

A little down time, with communication and questions getting answered, " Give us more".

:wink:
    We are all wired one way or the other, but they just got into the office and we usually don't get things until Tuesdays anyway. I'm sure things will get rolling for this year, just trying to start on the right foot.
  • Yeah it's been quiet since the new year other than dropping a random FO character. But I think that's a good thing, a break every now and then is good for players to catch up somewhat. Also it's a good sign that theyvhave their heads down and are working hard on whatever the next update is, am I right @CG_Kozispoon :smiley: !?

You are probably right. I am certainly not clamoring for any new toons, although I would not be mad if they just threw a whole bunch of new ones in that were instantly farmable. I get kind of annoyed with all of the new characters being event driven. I would not mind just getting some new characters loaded into some of the nodes and having to start at 0, like when the game was new.

I am more interested in what long term plans are in the works. I do not watch the game changer videos and do not really like to read into rumors. I just would like to hear from them, as they have done in the past, with an overview of some new things to look forward to. For instance, is there a new raid coming, are they working on making guilds more dynamic, what is the strategic vision for ships, etc.?

• Zerfius wrote: »
    Yeah it's been quiet since the new year other than dropping a random FO character. But I think that's a good thing, a break every now and then is good for players to catch up somewhat. Also it's a good sign that theyvhave their heads down and are working hard on whatever the next update is, am I right @CG_Kozispoon :smiley: !?

You are probably right. I am certainly not clamoring for any new toons, although I would not be mad if they just threw a whole bunch of new ones in that were instantly farmable. I get kind of annoyed with all of the new characters being event driven. I would not mind just getting some new characters loaded into some of the nodes and having to start at 0, like when the game was new.

I am more interested in what long term plans are in the works. I do not watch the game changer videos and do not really like to read into rumors. I just would like to hear from them, as they have done in the past, with an overview of some new things to look forward to. For instance, is there a new raid coming, are they working on making guilds more dynamic, what is the strategic vision for ships, etc.?

With it being the new year I imagine we'll get a state Of The galaxy address soon which may reveal or hint towards whatever new content is coming. My hopes are on a new type of raid!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Can't win. Content and toons rolling out, "stop, slow down, let's us catch our breath".

A little down time, with communication and questions getting answered, " Give us more".

:wink:
    We are all wired one way or the other, but they just got into the office and we usually don't get things until Tuesdays anyway. I'm sure things will get rolling for this year, just trying to start on the right foot.

For the record, I have not been one asking for them to slow down. I have enjoyed most of the new content (absolutely hate DS TB, but I think it is just cause it exposed how bad my DS is). I guess what I hoping for is more of a behind the scenes sort of conversation. Like a state of the galaxy or whatever they have done before. What would really be nice is if they took the common questions on the forums and addressed them in some way. For instance, why are there not more of the popular characters from the original movies - bounty hunters, imperials, aliens, etc. Things like that. Maybe there is more of that information out there in videos, or interviews, but having a centralized place to read about it (ie the forums) would be nice.

• Nah its January everyones broke from christmas. there just waiting for everyone wallets to fill up again
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2018
    tenor.gif

For more information on upcoming Game Updates, please keep an eye on our Game Update Status Post
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    tenor.gif

For more information on upcoming Game Updates, please keep an eye on our Game Update Status Post

Hopefully you are busy preparing update notes that will come out very soon!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Hopefully you are busy preparing update notes that will come out very soon!

The forums have a very loose definition on "soon"... so yeah soon works.