Pop up crystal sale and Boba Fett pack [MERGE]

Replies

• Morning morning!

Let's get into this:

I’d like to reiterate our clarification that @CG_RyDiggs posted in the 12/21 Content Update message:

“This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)”

• Initially, the line above described a bundle that was never advertised or offered in game.
    • We updated this forum post to reflect the offers that were correctly being made in game.
    • No updates needed to be made to the game as this offer was never implemented or existed.
    • Players’ in game experience was the correct and intended offer.

We appreciate the great deal of feedback from players who expressed interest at an offer in game at different price points, but there are no current plans to implement additional offers. Our communications on this forum have made great strides and improvements of frequency and clarity, but we acknowledge there are still improvements to be made and apologize for the frustration over the delay.

As there are no new points to add or clarify on this topic, I will be adding this update to the front page of thread and removing the up-post on this thread. However, out of respect for interested players I’ll be leaving it open for posts by players to continue voicing feedback.

Again we thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We strive to deliver the best mobile Star Wars experience and will continue to improve with your feedback.

Well at least we have a final answer on the matter. I think it’s mind boggling that the higher ups wouldn’t want to offer that deal given all the players that wanted purchase it but that’s their choice.
    Thanks for the clarity and final answer Kozi.
  • They still haven't addressed how the pop ups were not working correctly.
  • kasfunatu
    71 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Firstly @CG_Kozispoon thank you for getting back to us.

I also echo Dirk_Brightblade's thoughts and that this is the post that half expected, feared, and yet still find myself upset by.

In case it is not clear, I am disappointed by the customer service and misleading comments; but I HATE the fact we are LIED to and treated like IGNORANT FOOLS.

I point people back to the ORIGINAL text of the offer:

Holiday 25% Bonus Crystal Bundle
    Note that this offer is available via the pop up ad ONLY and not in the Store. In order to access this offer, please tap on the pop up offer when it appears. This offer will reappear occasionally for players who have NOT purchased the bundle.
    This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (19,638 vs 15,710) compared to the normal store bundle.
    Maximum 1 purchase.
    Minimum Level Requirement: 8+
    This bundle is available starting December 24th

(of course the official thread has been edited and no longer in google cache, but as per all the comments on this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/150539/content-update-12-21-2017 (and our excited memories): we all know what was offered... in fact many worried on this thread it was ONLY the vault!)

For @CG_RyDiggs to PRETEND it is a typo is ridiculous.
    For @CG_Kozispoon to MAINTAIN that the typo explanation provided a month ago would be sufficient (despite the 100s of subsequent posts and official silence) is crazy.
    Additionally to claim in today's post that the error described a bundle that was NEVER advertised or offered in game is just also wrong... something that has been offered on at least TWO occasions in the store since I have been playing alone, potentially more! If the post had mentioned 35000 not 28000: I'd accept it is a typo (I'd still but upset by the poor communication)... but the numbers quoted are VERY specific. They are the offer of a VAULT and 25% extra on a VAULT.
    Also locking this thread so that, even if we continue to comment on, it won't stay on page, and jump to top of thread just shows how ASHAMED you are of your practices. You should be! Yet in the same statement you claim your communication has made "great strides" pfft!

To pretend that this was an innocent mistake and a typo is pathetic.

I accept that nothing will come of this.
    That you made a mistake and never intended to offer the vault.
    BUT THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN THAT STICKING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND AND IGNORING VALID CRITICISM AND LYING ABOUT THE ERROR IS INCREDIBLE POOR FORM.

Again, I accept that you are not going to change mind, that you do not care about the message this sends to your community, and I will not add to this thread again.
    I just hope, like Dirk and Ravens have said, that someone ensures that this FIASCO is never repeated and you learn from your MISTAKES.
    Post edited by kasfunatu on
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Learn from Battlefront II, you have a voice outside of these heavily moderated forums.

Use it.
  • Morning morning!

Let's get into this:

I’d like to reiterate our clarification that @CG_RyDiggs posted in the 12/21 Content Update message:

“This bundle contains an additional 25% crystals (3,500 vs 2,800) compared to the normal store bundle. (edited; our apologies for the typo, CG_RyDiggs)”

• Initially, the line above described a bundle that was never advertised or offered in game.
    • We updated this forum post to reflect the offers that were correctly being made in game.
    • No updates needed to be made to the game as this offer was never implemented or existed.

We appreciate the great deal of feedback from players who expressed interest at an offer in game at different price points, but there are no current plans to implement additional offers. Our communications on this forum have made great strides and improvements of frequency and clarity, but we acknowledge there are still improvements to be made and apologize for the frustration over the delay.

As there are no new points to add or clarify on this topic, I will be adding this update to the front page of thread and removing the up-post on this thread. However, out of respect for interested players I’ll be leaving it open for posts by players to continue voicing feedback.

Again we thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We strive to deliver the best mobile Star Wars experience and will continue to improve with your feedback.

Wow, this has to be THE weirdest display of "customer service" I've ever seen. How did this answer take a month to figure out? I stated earlier in the thread that I didn't really care one way or the other regarding the specific deal in question and I still don't, but the way this has been handled, has effectively reduced my confidence in anything regarding this game to absolute zero.

No disrespect towards Kozi (or other parts of the team) intended, but do you honestly believe that your "communications have made great strides"? I respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree. Since before X-mas, communication has been virtually non-existent.
    Furthermore, we all know what was first advertised and sticking to the "typo" explanation is at best fairly insulting to the community, at worst it's simply

To be honest, with the lack of TLJ content surronding the movie's release (R1 gave us, what, 6 new toons), the unbelievable amount of time it took to decide, well, nothing really, on this matter and the lack of, yes, communication regarding anything on the horizon content-wise, I fear this game is dying...
  • If this was the response they could have just locked the thread and walked away and I would have probably never thought about it again. Instead they make this infuriating response making me angry all over again. I just don't get how they can be this stupid about marketing and customer service. I mean, they couldn't hire one marketing major?
  • I am speechless... nothing more to write, we have all been clear before. Anyway thanks Cozy, i know you are the messenger only
  • KvotheQGBQG2
    811 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You know,https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1400119#Comment_1400119I even asked the question back on 12/22 about what the packs would cost and asking for clarification for what to expect, but while I am most confidant that my question was not ignored by the mods/devs/anyone else, it seems that had it been addressed at that time this entire debacle could have been avoided.

This is very disappointing to me. This vault deal would have pushed me up a few notches but oh well. I will go back to being F2P moving forward. At least they finally gave us an official answer, even if they wasted a month of our time in the process.

I've never seen so many people just wanting to hand over money to a corporation, and having that corporation say, no thanks, I'm good.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    please let me write some thought‘s about this:

in my eyes the closer target group of this game are not the group from 14 to 19 years. i cannot speak for all guilds, but in my guild there are many player around 45 years +/- 5, perhaps 10 years.
    i am exactly in this age. i am a child of the 70‘s and a teen of the 80‘s. star wars was THE movie in this time. i saw parts of it with my fathers super 8 projector.
    what i want to say is this: from the point of marketing it is a mistake to underrate this group. i am sure some of us pay 100$ per months o more. BUT: we all know our chances for rewards in the raids and in the territory battles and wars.

rancor heroic: rng, full clear and rank 23, with weak rewards.
    haat: i won 3 haat‘s in a row and got not only one full gear piece.
    tb: never saw a full gear material until today.

to make it short: we play a game and DON‘T KNOW our chances and believe in a good random.
    the best prizeboxes with the „highest chances“ are only words. 10% chance? 1% chance? 0,1% chance for a full piece? we have to buy gear material with crystals, we don‘t have years to wait.

ok, but now we get an offer to buy the big safe of crystals. and what did we get? a needless bobapack, that we had to buy to get the chance to buy another crystal pack, but with less crystals.
    for me pop-ups would be great for unexpected offers. (only today! not in the shop! 25% more crystals! buy now!) but make the player waiting and waiting and waiting?

then so many days no information. why? the target group of us middle ages can live with the truth. we all make mistakes. one sentence: sorry, it was not the big safe, it was the chest. and all is good.

but in german we say: you cannot NOT communicate!

and that‘s why i expected no other answer.

and i agree to disagree with this „solution“, how they say it in english.

good, the „case“, what was never really a case (...) is closed. the show must and will go on, but i am sure, some of us will think twice, if we should buy 50/100/500 or 1000 crystals for one day. i learned, that i make progress with half of the crystals, i normally use, too. much looooonger fun. but is this the wish of the company?
  • It wasn’t a typo, but it was an error. Someone typed in the numbers for the vault and not the chest, and someone else decided it should be a pop-up only promo, and then some other mistakes allowed people to purchase a Boba pack twice with the second pack containing no Boba shards. All in all a cluster kitten. @CG_RyDiggs tried to communicate that the vault numbers were an error, but used the wrong word, so we kept fighting here for what we thought was the correct promo deal. All of this reminded me of an episode of The Office where Michael puts a special promotion out. He thought he only sent one magic ticket for free paper out, but it turns out he sent everyone a ticket. In that episode, he tried to take back the deal, but couldn’t. By the end of the episode, he heard all the positive things his customers thought about that promo, and it ended up generating even more business, rather than losing Dunder Mifflin money.

I had hoped EA would take this opportunity and put the vault deal in the store for a week. No such luck. Life does not imitate art.

On a positive note, at least now that I have Chimeara I can get an extra 300+ crystals a day! In two weeks I will have gotten the equivalent of those bonus crystals.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Wow, so you stick the whole typo story... This is one of the biggest let down so far - and completely the opposite of improved communications.

Its really a pitty that there was no real xmas and movie release promotion and one is really wonderimg what CG/EA is doing.
  • Well so be it
    People could wait for an offer that never existed on christmas
    And now we could wait for an explanation/solution/ending like this

At least we were able to betatest the pop-up-feature that is completeley unneeded and annoying over christmas when noone was around to fix errors in the office

Really disappointing end of this story
  • Wow. Just wow. It took nearly a month to come up with this “resolution?” That’s what you consider making “great” strides in communication? You have people wanting to give you money and you won’t take it? No response to the debacle with the popups not working in the first place? I’m seriously flabbergasted. I’ve never seen a company treat its customers this poorly in my entire life, and I have Comcast. You know you’re doing something wrong when your customer service is worse than Comcast. Way to completely alienate your customer base.
  • I'm still waiting for the pop ups....and a response to my help ticket...
  • I can't wait to get the updates for the EA shareholders.

"Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes recently gave up selling all itens and began only running for free. When asked, an executive replied, 'Well, we figured we've made enough money. After turning down people trying to give us their money around Christmas, we thought it made business sense to continue doing it the rest of the year. I hear the Madden people are just going to release the same game as last year only with updated rosters.' Stock prices have continued to drop."
  • EA knows that most people who would buy a vault don't need a 25% bonus incentive to spend that much money on the game. The people who would only be willing to spend $20 might be more likely to pull the trigger with a 25% bonus. Basically they know most people who are complaining silently or loudly will eventually just cough up $100 so there's no need for them to devalue the currency.
  • Did anybody else laugh hysterically when they read the response? It's both so confusing and disrespectful at the same time that I don't know how else to react.
  • I love it when people lie to me, and I go out of my way to prepare, then they deny they lied.

Oh wait, no I hate that.
  • I'm so confused by this. I tried to purchase crystals from 20$ pop up with 25% extra crystals but when I clicked the pop up it showed me the normal amount of crystals. Are these pop ups still happening, is this done or was it all an accident/typo?
    Are people just upset that the vault wasn't discounted or that nothing was? @CG_Kozispoon or any moderator or someone who can offer me some assistance here. Can I still purchase a 20$ pack with the extra crystals or are these pop ups just gone forever..
    This whole holiday promo confused the hell out of me. I know I'm a small fry and my 20$ doesn't matter so I don't even expect a response, but it was something I was looking forward to in the game and now I'm just confused and upset. Not outraged but disappointed.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Oldpro87 wrote: »
    I'm so confused by this. I tried to purchase crystals from 20$ pop up with 25% extra crystals but when I clicked the pop up it showed me the normal amount of crystals. Are these pop ups still happening, is this done or was it all an accident/typo?
    Are people just upset that the vault wasn't discounted or that nothing was? @CG_Kozispoon or any moderator or someone who can offer me some assistance here. Can I still purchase a 20$ pack with the extra crystals or are these pop ups just gone forever..
    This whole holiday promo confused the hell out of me. I know I'm a small fry and my 20$ doesn't matter so I don't even expect a response, but it was something I was looking forward to in the game and now I'm just confused and upset. Not outraged but disappointed.

Let me shed some light. So the short version of it is that when the original post came out, it advertised a vaults worth of crystals for the holiday deal. It was then changed and claimed to be a typo by digs and that it was meant to be only for a crate of crystals ($25 bundle). Given how it wasn’t a legit excuse people wanted answers to not only that but the decision to make it pop up rather than just put it in the store. Some didn’t get it until after the omega pack came and went. Some didn’t get it at all. Another problem was that it was meant to be a one time purchase but after buying the packs it would come back and those that bought a second time received a grossly undervalued pack for the cost.

The solution given was to submit EA help tickets to rectify but they had no idea what was going on and offered no amicable solution. The whole situation was one big fiasco that is just being pushed to the way side. Hopefully this is a major learning experience and upcoming updates and events restore faith but it’ll take some time.

As for your question of it still going on, it’s over. It ended earlier this month. The pop up you see now is just a normal ad for crystals that happen every so often.

Happy to help further if needed
  • So how long will we keep this post going?
  • Morning morning!

Let's get into this:

@CG_Kozispoon I have said that this isn't your fault and that if we blame you we would be shooting the messenger, but after this post im not so sure...

You guys made a mistake on the crystal pack and instead of making good, you double-down. Probably not you, I get that... But the things that ARE you:

--Radio silence on the issue for a MONTH.
    --Only addressing the vault/chest error and not
    A) the broken pop ups
    B) the fact that EA support was uninformed and people were given TERRIBLE customer service, including being told the deals didnt exist, having tickets vanish or closed with no response, being told that there is nothing they could do, or for double boba people being told they got the correct rewards AFTER we had been told to contact support
    C) the fact that people missed limited time in-game milestones because of the screw up.
    D) the acrimony that comes from all of this happening over Christmas and New years.
    --No actual apology.
    --Locking the thread without addressing all the issues.

I've worked customer service before, though thankfully those years are behind me, and customer service people come in two flavours... Those who serve the company without understanding that serving customers IS in the interest of the company, and trying to brush off anything that happens... And those who serve the customer and advocate for the customers because they know it's in their company's best interest...

@CG_Kozispoon which one are you?
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Carrie

WOW! So this is the response that we have waited around for a month for? That is total bantha poodoo and you freaking know it. And to quote the "corrected" text in your response was such a slap in the face. You know what the original text said. Well, guess what. As I said before, I am not spending another dime on this game. You want to give me another warning for making that threat, go ahead. I have nearly $100 in my Google Play account and you all aren't getting it, nor will anything else that says EA on it. I purchased Google play cards specifically for this offer that you advertised. That is fraud. We know it and you know it. And for you to stand there and give us that response tells us whose side you are on and speaks volumes of your character, or lack thereof. I truly hope that someone figures out how **** of a move this was on behalf of all parties involved and fires each and every one of you. To refuse to honor an deal that you clearly offered and to have so many people waiting to spend $100 each on said offer and then to say "sorry we messed up, but we aren't going to do anything to fix it, so keep your money" is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of. You all have no business being in charge of making toast, much less being in charge of making business decisions for a multi-billion dollar company. You are literally turning away thousands and thousands of dollars by not honoring a deal you offered, "typo" or not. And what are we wanting to spend our money on? Crystals in an online game. Nothing tangible. Yet you still say no. Well congratulations, you win. You can keep your imaginary crystals and I will keep my real money, that helps to pay your salary. If there's a bright center to the universe, your brains are on the planet that it's farthest from.
  • I posted about buying the Boba bundle twice and getting a message in game stating it couldn't be bought twice and I would be refunded. Never got the R-word. Went back/forth with the terribly uninformed customer support who finally told me to seek a R-word from Apple store. I've contacted the apple store support 3 times in the last couple weeks and no reply...
    Hardly worth the $8.99 but now it's a matter of principle and holding them to their word. I really can't believe the way they treat their customers. So impersonal.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I posted about buying the Boba bundle twice and getting a message in game stating it couldn't be bought twice and I would be refunded. Never got the R-word. Went back/forth with the terribly uninformed customer support who finally told me to seek a R-word from Apple store. I've contacted the apple store support 3 times in the last couple weeks and no reply...
    Hardly worth the $8.99 but now it's a matter of principle and holding them to their word. I really can't believe the way they treat their customers. So impersonal.

Tossing you a PM to look into this.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Daenion wrote: »
    Lol still asking about this? In case someone doesn't understand their silent answer, let me help you: there won't be any offer, discount or promotion on vaults. Someone made a mistake while writing the forum ad. That's all. Deal with it.

Don't cut yourself on that edge...

Kids these days eating tide pods, being cool on forums and skating on the sidewalks.

I told you. No offer, no discount and no promotion on vaults. Just a mistake made by the person who wrote the announcement in the forum.
  • I posted about buying the Boba bundle twice and getting a message in game stating it couldn't be bought twice and I would be refunded. Never got the R-word. Went back/forth with the terribly uninformed customer support who finally told me to seek a R-word from Apple store. I've contacted the apple store support 3 times in the last couple weeks and no reply...

Thank you @CG_Kozispoon
    You're a credit to CG.
  • Coach78
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I posted about buying the Boba bundle twice and getting a message in game stating it couldn't be bought twice and I would be refunded. Never got the R-word. Went back/forth with the terribly uninformed customer support who finally told me to seek a R-word from Apple store. I've contacted the apple store support 3 times in the last couple weeks and no reply...

@CG_Kozispoon

I also purchased the Boba pack twice and have not heard from customer support after sending in 2 different tickets.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Coach78 wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon

I also purchased the Boba pack twice and have not heard from customer support after sending in 2 different tickets.

Also tossing you a PM. We're gonna make it!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Coach78 wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon

Also tossing you a PM. We're gonna make it!

I had a different issue where I bought the pop up crystal offer but didn’t get the extra 25% and no response from anyone to revolve that issue either.