A proposed change for thermal detonators

I feel that thermal detonators need a significant change to become viable.

Firstly I believe that they should be able to be dodged but not able to be resisted.

Secondly I believe that they should be a status that is locked, ie like plague.

Do you think this is enough to help them?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The current mechanic for TDs makes BH useless in DS TB.

Many options out there, lock them, make them explode for x% Less damage when cleansed, something.

Definitely the big one is dodge or resist, but not both.
  • hsof777
    97 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    The current mechanic for TDs makes BH useless in DS TB.

Many options out there, lock them, make them explode for x% Less damage when cleansed, something.

Definitely the big one is dodge or resist, but not both.

They definitely need to rework and I definitely agree that 1/2 get dodged and the other half get resisted it's a really bad day

I was also thinking having them be able to be dodged but not resisted would be more thematically correct
  • I think detonators should do massive damage when they go off. They are thermal detonators after all. Right now they do as much damage as a mosquito bite. Have them still time down but when they go off they should be doing 20K damage.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I think detonators should do massive damage when they go off. They are thermal detonators after all. Right now they do as much damage as a mosquito bite. Have them still time down but when they go off they should be doing 20K damage.

Well they're based on percentage of the toons hp (I think). Which is awesome against tanks and people who's hp pool is greater than their protection.

Either way they need something
  • I forgot where the thread was- but it was about td Rework and it was brilliant.
  • Not able to be resisted and doing 50% damage when cleansed sounds the best to me.
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Not able to be resisted and doing 50% damage when cleansed sounds the best to me.

When they are cleansed they should still do full damage but they won't count as detonated for boba lead
  • I’m in for spreading those debuffs! Shock and flame plague etc.
  • I wonder if the devs even read these threads
  • Unresistable AND undodgable, as well as locked. BH need it. They're terrible. Might help Jawas out too. And a few of the scoundrels. All characters that need buffs.