Geonosian Soldier Squad

Prev1
Thanks for viewing this discussion.
First of all , i have gen soldier on 7 stars , gear 8. He can be good , but i need a squad for him.
He has currently 8454 power , darth sidious below him 5460 i think , darth vader with 3800 , ima gun di 3600 , and few others.
I don't know what the squad will be , so i'm asking for help.
[You have may seen me , and wondering how this dude got gen. soldier to 7 stars just within a weekend , but this is discussion about my main]
I can raise more characters , but i will need a squad form.
If you have a good combo with 3 of them , please help me.
Thanks for any further replying.

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    GS was good in 2015. Now he's a way below average character. Don't waste your time there.
    Farm Phoenix if you want to ever hit top 100 in arena.
  • Phoenix eh? I don't need phoenix.
    Overrated , meta , boring to farm and bad in my level.
    I need a squad cause he is now 7 stars.
  • And yes , i know that. I played in 2015 , he was really OP, with sidious.
  • Lando (L), GS, QGJ, BF, STHan.

Keeps you in the top 1000 guaranteed.

• Did you listen? Try again.
  • Did you listen? Try again.

If you're looking for advice it helps to not be rude
  • GS , with darth vader could be 1% good. Any squads with him and darth vader? Cause i'm not gonna farm 5 characters.
  • xlX_Snow_Xlx
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    l4hDGIS.jpg
    Here is your proof. Haven't played that account in over 200 days and it is still going strong in the top 1K in arena!
  • And yes , i know that. I played in 2015 , he was really OP, with sidious.

You just answered your own question, he was great 3 years ago. Phoenix are not meta, but they are very good for a lower level player. If you are really sticking to Geo soldier, I would use him in an OLD meta squad such as: Cap. Phasma/OB lead, Rey, Geo, Royal guard, and ST Han. There really aren't any good options for him anymore.
  • You wrote:
    "First of all , i have gen soldier on 7 stars , gear 8. He can be good , but i need a squad for him"

You are incorrect, GS cannot be good.
    Neither by himself or with a squad.

Maybe in an alternate reality, an alternative timeline, 3 years ago, some unkown future. But not in the game now.
  • Phoenix are meta , and its considered a long ago. Okay , thanks but problem is. I don't have royal guard , he is hard to farm. Rey i don't have she is also hard to farm, Phasma okay , but i cannot defeat GW anymore [before i would auto gw] So , that means i should drop this main and go with new one?
  • And , thanks for giving me advice for not farming GS , since 3 stars he is on my alt.
  • l4hDGIS.jpg
    Here is your proof. Haven't played that account in over 200 days and it is still going strong in the top 1K in arena!

I didn't say it isn't good , it's just that the team you have is hard to farm .
    Most of you guys are really experienced and pros.
    I just realized he is bad.
    I guess i will maybe start a new account?
  • My god. Please listen to the advice OP. If you're asking for advice but set in stone about something, why bother even asking? Just get on with the game and enjoy your 25 daily crystals from arena.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lando (L), GS, QGJ, BF, STHan.

Keeps you in the top 1000 guaranteed.

I gave a +1 because I laughed.

Then I saw your screenshot.

Now I'm just confused.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • l4hDGIS.jpg

I didn't say it isn't good , it's just that the team you have is hard to farm .
    Most of you guys are really experienced and pros.
    I just realized he is bad.
    I guess i will maybe start a new account?
    Phoenix are really easy to farm. Two in low energy cantina nodes. 1 in arena. 1 in cantina store. 1 in GW.
  • Your advice is far away from OP . The others are giving better advises.

So should i start with new acc?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I will say that GS is not a terrible choice for ships.

And I say this only because IIRC he's super easy to gear.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Your advice is far away from OP . The others are giving better advises.

OP = original poster = you in the case of this thread
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    OP = original poster

or

OP = original post

So "advice is far away from OP" isn't wrong from a technical standpoint.
  • Do i continue with this acc , or just to drop it?
  • xlX_Snow_Xlx
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Do i continue with this acc , or just to drop it?

Best to start over with a new account I would think. Use this guide and it will get you started on the right track:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143909/adaptive-f2p-guide-2-0/p1

Biggest reason why I stopped playing my original account was because I figured out how far behind everyone else in my shard I was. I started new, and maintained a top 50 placement for the first 6 months. After I hit 85 and caught up with the higher end of my shard I have consistently been able to take #1 position. I used a previous version of this guide to steer me in the right direction.
  • Idk...gen. soldier isnt a total waste of a farm,his ship is pretty good,if you wanna waste the resources on him,get his ship.
  • Gen soldier is good for starter, but at lvl 70ish u might consider to change the squad. However with ur composition u might try this : Sidius lead, vader, GS, 1 healer, n 1 tank.

I own g11 Gen soldier, so plz don't judge me. I don't know what i'm doing at that time :cry:
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Your advice is far away from OP . The others are giving better advises.

Yep...

And try planning ahead.

Why I'm bothering to do this for a "that's too hard" response is beyond me... but here goes:

Think longer term

Start w/

Cantina energy: Lando
    Cantina store: boba
    Arena store: Leia
    GW store: Biggs
    Guild tokens: jyn erso

Oooooo... 1 7* needed for CLS & 3 needed for palpatine. Who would think it.

Once those are finished:

Cantina energy: old Ben
    Cantina store: storm trooper
    Arena store: sthan
    GW store: magmatrooper

Wait... what??! 3 7* towards CLS, all 5 needed for palpatine & 2 7* towards r2 /boggle

Cantina energy & fleet tokens: wedge, chirrut, tfp (For a bump in arena at low lvl & working towards r2)
    Arena store: tarkin

Nice! Arena & GW just got easier! & you got a 3rd 7* for r2!

Cantina energy: tfp

Wait... what??? You now have Palpatine @ 7* and a monster TFP under his lead to waste the r2 event!

Cantina energy: farmboy Luke.

Let see... you end up w/

Rebels:

Wedge, biggs, Leia, old Ben, sthan & farmboy luke... oh and lando.

Empire:

Palpatine, tfp, magmatrooper, stormtrooper & tarkin.

You also get:
    CLS, r2, Palpatine & jyn erso

And all by the time your 80.

Side benefit... you can solo heroic rancor easily w/ ZERO zetas needed.

You're welcome.
  • I'm going to buck the trend here a little bit and say after all this time Geo soldier still has his uses while he isn't really arena viable mid to end game he can still be a good plug and play early on and he has a decent ship and eventually you are going to need him for that in territory battles/war later on anyways

To the OP the name of the game at this point is synergy unfortunately Geo soldier doesn't have alot of synergy with many good characters so depending on your arena goals he may or may not work but here goes

Sidious lead Geo soldier Wedge Biggs and another character that calls assists or tank Chief nebit may work well here

Sidious boosts crit chance and damage lots of assists and nebit can taunt to take damage wedge Biggs and Geo soldier have decent base crit and damage so will hit hard. Phasma could also be lead to generate more assists and damage that way

If you want better advice suited to what you have already create and sync an account at swgoh.gg and post a link to your account here so we can look at what you have and go off of that
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I'm going to buck the trend here a little bit and say after all this time Geo soldier still has his uses while he isn't really arena viable mid to end game he can still be a good plug and play early on and he has a decent ship and eventually you are going to need him for that in territory battles/war later on anyways.

As I said I like him for ships.

With that said I disagree he's needed for TB or TW. Sure he's usable in TW in a junk squad (at best) but there are much better options, and also you don't need him at all in TB.
  • Listen to @xlX_Snow_Xlx
    Read the guides and have a great plan with a fresh start.

Any efforts you make outside of the plan to reach top arena payouts are a complete waste and your competitors at the top get that much more advantage.
  • My 88 plus geonosians one four tw battles last round. That being said there junk and not really worth farming.
  • I said you need him for his ship especially In the phase with a ship special mission 2 squads of darkside ships his ship is needed