Content Update Inbound!

Replies

• Halfbaked wrote: »
    How did Rose's sis drop bombs when they had no propellant in space? Should have just floated around unless they claim that the dreadnaught has gravity in a vacuum. Where is Sheldon Cooper when you need him?

The official explanation is that they were shot along magnetic rails like a slow rail gun, but that's honestly more explanation than they needed to give. There was obviously artificial gravity in the ship so they should be able to fall down the length of the shaft and leave the ship with momentum.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Perhaps the 26th?
  • ANUBlS wrote: »
    Hopefully at least the kit will be decent and they’ll make some toons farmable instead of just marquee events..Me and most old players in my guild are considering to just leave the game since Rey’s event..I think that despite the great toon, such crazy requirements is not how you pay back people that have been playin the game and invested in it,maybe they’ll earn some temporary money but they are losing people that contributed to the game since the beginning. As a marketing expert I can’t but point out how many customers they are losing because of poor marketing choices.

I’m quite certain my post will be removed lol

Don’t know anyone that quit because of Rey event. Probably the most free to play friendly event for a meta toon in over a year. Pick a better hill to die on, chief.

Eh. I would argue CLS if you were a longer tenured player and followed the hints.

BB8= FO with 2 really long hard node farm toons.
    Plus the vets that were 2 16 energy cantina. If you didn’t follow the rumors and started farming them when the rey event requirements were needed- I am pretty sure most wouldn’t of gotten her.
    It was a really bad event in terms of requirements.
    And added to the fire of speculation and rumors may be more truthful than what devs may say.

Not to mention that in no way was JTR f2p unless you stashed crystals for months.
  • RekiemD wrote: »

Yeah, i can see you really desire these factions passes, yet i like to believe that February coul be the Dark month we have always waiting for, just like last year. ****, there has been nothing in this game as exciting as the release of Nihilus, IMO

685745dbdfff788e77e01fd84ef39c90dd8065bf_hq.gif

@Ryanswgoh16
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • RekiemD wrote: »

Yeah, i can see you really desire these factions passes, yet i like to believe that February coul be the Dark month we have always waiting for, just like last year. ****, there has been nothing in this game as exciting as the release of Nihilus, IMO

685745dbdfff788e77e01fd84ef39c90dd8065bf_hq.gif

@Ryanswgoh16

That Was about nihlus being the best character if I remember correctly. Heard some rumors about what holdo and rose could do but even if it’s not them I believe she was teasing at a new “ best character released “
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    I half expect Sith. But as long as it's not Revan I'll be happy

Star wars episode 9: a new bait
    No. I hate Revan and the cult that's formed around this guy

So you hate him because others like him? That seems rather short sighted.
  • In my opinion that can only mean one of three things:
    Revan, Grievous rework, Snoke

If she thinks Rose, or anything besides the above three rival Nihilus release in terms of player excitement, she is delusional.

It's possible she is still referring to the QOL update rivaling the Nihilus release, but I doubt it.
  • I know this would violate all known laws of the universe, but could we please keep a new toon in the arena, gw or cantina store? Maybe even put kru and sftp in the same store so we still have to make choices?

If she thinks Rose, or anything besides the above three rival Nihilus release in terms of player excitement, she is delusional.

It's possible she is still referring to the QOL update rivaling the Nihilus release, but I doubt it.

I do not agree.

Rose would have a far greater impact than Revan, Grievous rework, Snoke or Jango Fet. (how could you not include him?)

It is just that the impact is not going to be positive :-)

Time to bring some relevant DS character.
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    How did she know she wouldn't break his spine (which was recently injured by Kylo) by crashing an antique speeder in to him T-bone style?

I'm still wondering how everyone turned off, except Finn who was left going in a straight line at full speed...yet Rose apparently was able to change her mind, turn back towards Finn, and manage to literally pass him just so she could turn into him and get a proper T-bone angle on him.

It made about as much sense as spaceships coasting to a stop when they run out of fuel in space. I don't know why they had to make this movie so terrible:(

Holy moly, I totally missed that part. How does a ship lose velocity in space. They just keep going at the same or near same speed as there is nothing to slow them down!

While the complete stop was kind of an issue, the First Order did have tractor beams to pull them in, but the real issue was that while the Resistance was outrunning the First Order, they weren't outrunning the missiles. Soon as the fuel was out, the power was out, thus no shields. Missile hits the ship, no deflector shield, bye-bye resistance freighter.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/

BANE
    In preparation for the sith/dark side reworks coming this year
  • Max_Rebos_groupie
    110 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Darth_Bane_BtS.png

Sith_warrior_lightsaber_pike_bts.jpeg

He has an appearance in canon, it could work. I'd definitely play him.

Edit: I have no idea how to make those bigger but try clicking on these links.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Because she wasn't getting blasted by a giant beam and her ship wasn't disintegrating like Finn's was.

Finn was getting blasting by a giant beam that hadn't even fired yet? Right. I bet you thought the Mary Poppins scene was the coolest thing ever. Maybe we'll get a Mary Poppins Leia to go with Holdo and Rose...that must be the big surprise we have coming.

Did you not see that he was completely enveloped in a giant orange beam that had already begun to cause the ship to tear apart? If it has the force to tear pieces off of a ship, it's going to slow it down.

As for the Leia scene, space is a frictionless environment. A force pull technique is essentially an invisible lasso of sorts that will pull one object to another.

It's a fictional movie about people with magical powers, I don't think it's worth the effort to be concerned about physics when someone can stand there and choke another person from across the room just by holding up their hand.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @CG_Kozispoon
    In the past tw attack phase and tb, we have experienced many updates and client restarts. Personally, I think the update and client restarts could have been on a different day, during the preview and setup phase of tw or any day without tb.
    Post edited by Edward on
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @ThisYeezy but there were a bunch of these around 4%20walkers.png

How did she evade those while honing in on Finns speeder

And also how did they not get blasted after they crashed and they had to presumably run across what looked like 500 yards or so of salt flats in front of these fellas

I'd have to assume that Kylo and Hux were focused on the immediate threat to the battering ram, which was Finn's ship. Kylo is also blinded by uncontrollable rage so sensing that Finn was the one on the ship and that he was a traitor to the First Order he'd want vengeance. Once they saw the two ships crash into each other the threat was neutralized and the focus was to destroy the door. The fact that any of them survived in those ships is basically testament to the fact that the dark side are all terrible shots no matter Empire or First Order :lol: :
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »

And also how did they not get blasted after they crashed and they had to presumably run across what looked like 500 yards or so of salt flats in front of these fellas

I'd have to assume that Kylo and Hux were focused on the immediate threat to the battering ram, which was Finn's ship. Kylo is also blinded by uncontrollable rage so sensing that Finn was the one on the ship and that he was a traitor to the First Order he'd want vengeance. Once they saw the two ships crash into each other the threat was neutralized and the focus was to destroy the door. The fact that any of them survived in those ships is basically testament to the fact that the dark side are all terrible shots no matter Empire or First Order :lol: :

But Kylo is only one dude. Nobody else in the entire deployed army saw a single guy probably dragging unconscious Rose across barren salt back to the door? Unless you are very, very strong, you can't move unconscious people very well. He would have to dead lift her entire weight. That's why paramedics use a stretcher to move people. It's not like movies where they toss em over a shoulder and run.
  • Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

But Kylo is only one dude. Nobody else in the entire deployed army saw a single guy probably dragging unconscious Rose across barren salt back to the door? Unless you are very, very strong, you can't move unconscious people very well. He would have to dead lift her entire weight. That's why paramedics use a stretcher to move people. It's not like movies where they toss em over a shoulder and run.

We're talking about a guy that is so engulfed in rage that he ordered heavy fire from eight (?) AT-ATs to destroy one man. The only one that even attempts to question his orders is Hux and that doesn't go well for him. I'm guessing that it's pretty much instilled in all of the dark side military not to question orders after hearing the repercussions of questioning Vader's orders. The immediate thought when seeing something like that is 'is it worth my life to even acknowledge this or just blindly obey?' When Luke appeared I doubt anyone cared about Finn dragging a body across the salt. Dragging an unconscious body isn't like the movies at all, I'm sure, but the Last Jedi is just that, a movie.
  • Just because you are out of fuel does not mean the ship suddenly dips and spins out of control. The space shuttle does not suddenly start tumbling just because they turn off the main engines. JJ is just a horrible story teller. Star Trek space works like Star Wars space for him. Enterprise is **** into a fast decent from the Moon’s Orbit into the Earth’s gravity well in 5 minutes. The StarKiller base beam can be seen several hundred light years away on planets that are not even near it, just like Vulcan was clearly seen from an ice planet the distance of Earth to Mars for plot. Mary Poppins is in every Disney movie now. Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney itself.
  • Coys
    14 posts Member
    Challenge accepted yeah ok good luck with that
    Try to bring out something that is on par with a character that a large majority want but you won't give
  • ... no Revan boys (crying in a corner) ;-/
    https://youtu.be/AhYzgaFpRDQ

Still, hopefully it’s something to be excited for... we’ll see
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    When is this update coming???? I'm dying to find out the new deets!
  • Ahriman wrote: »
    ... no Revan boys (crying in a corner) ;-/

Thanks! Saves me from buying some vaults to finish off Sith assassin and Sith trooper and I won't have to worry about stockpiling crystals and gear etc
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ahriman wrote: »

Thanks! Saves me from buying some vaults to finish off Sith assassin and Sith trooper and I won't have to worry about stockpiling crystals and gear etc

You do however need to worry about changing your username ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Classic
  • leef wrote: »

Nah, "soon" still fits the CG timeline (probably never)
  • Should change it to "RevanComingAugust" ;)
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Never paid attention but got a busy schedule today so was wondering around what time do the updates usually drop, also include timezones please :D
  • Soon
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Hopefully soon!
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Typically during night in Europe (0h - 4h GMT) or evening if it's a small HotFix. But in this case the update is delayed so maybe the time changes

I hope I remembered correctly :#