February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Aeternas wrote: »
    Lets face it, he was the original jar jar.

Er...can we get a ban over here please Mods :disappointed:

Sure, ban me because I stated a fact... I'm sure we can name a dozen or so characters that had bigger roles in the movies than 3PO.

Keep in mind he and R2 alone span ALL the movies. Begin.

(I'm not saying you can't. I just wanna see who you come up with that isn't debatable).

Anakin Skywalker also spans the entire saga as well as Obi Wan.
    As for my list, please stand by. Work is distracting. lol

Anakin and Obi-Wan aren't in the sequels...

Neither is R2 or 3PO. They're seen yes, but not in a meaningful way.
  • JediMasterGibs
    421 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Aeternas wrote: »

Sure, ban me because I stated a fact... I'm sure we can name a dozen or so characters that had bigger roles in the movies than 3PO.

(I'm not saying you can't. I just wanna see who you come up with that isn't debatable).

Anakin Skywalker also spans the entire saga as well as Obi Wan.
    As for my list, please stand by. Work is distracting. lol

Anakin and Obi-Wan aren't in the sequels...

Neither is R2 or 3PO. They're seen yes, but not in a meaningful way.

You’re grasping at straws, friend. R2 and C3PO are indeed in all the movies regardless of how intense their role is. Anakin and obi are not. That is a fact. You can count old ben’s “Rey” during her force vision, but that still doesn’t account for TLJ.

On topic: I’d like to see 3PO in game, just not as meta as R2.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    What a sham. All this hype for Revan and nothing. They won't give us revan but will be quick to give us that sap rose. That stinks

I really wonder if they hyped us for Revan to make us spend resources and now realize that a player base with depleted resources is not gonna spend for whatever they decide to put out now.

Who is they? The only people that hyped Revan were trolls and people blindly following the trolls. INRAJ as much as said we weren’t getting Revan any time soon, and Kozi only suggested that something as exciting as Nihilus might be coming. Everything else was people reading in what they wanted to see.
  • gg rework was confirmed for the future during the nightsister talks...
  • Aeternas wrote: »

If we're keeping to the movies;
    1) Padme (quen or senator)
    2) Jango Fett (clone template/ assassin/ bounty hunter)
    3) Boss Nass (leader of the Gungans/ battle of grassy plains)
    4) Captain Panaka (helped liberate Theed)
    5) It kills me to type Jar Jar Binks
    6) General Dodonna
    7) Mon Mothma
    8) Hondo from clone wars (It's official canon)
    9) General Hondo TLJ
    10) General Hux
    11) Snoke (he's the Palpatine of the sequels, just dies earlier)
    12) Saw Gerrera
    13) A wing Pilot
    14) Naboo Star Pilot
    For the rest of the content, i'll just name a few
    15) Star Killer
    16) Rohm Kota
    17) Sifo Dyas
    18) Darth Revan
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Liath wrote: »
    What a sham. All this hype for Revan and nothing. They won't give us revan but will be quick to give us that sap rose. That stinks

I really wonder if they hyped us for Revan to make us spend resources and now realize that a player base with depleted resources is not gonna spend for whatever they decide to put out now.

Who is they? The only people that hyped Revan were trolls and people blindly following the trolls. INRAJ as much as said we weren’t getting Revan any time soon, and Kozi only suggested that something as exciting as Nihilus might be coming. Everything else was people reading in what they wanted to see.

Kozi was trolling plain and simple. If no revan was coming she could of flat out said it and folks wouldn't have wasted their resources. Regardless I see an influx of complaints coming in when they release a chump toon in February.
  • where is y-wing pilot? or b-wing pilot? jek porkins?!?
  • ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    where is y-wing pilot? or b-wing pilot? jek porkins?!?

Good choices. I forgot to mention imperial scout, shadow trooper, ATST pilot, death star gunner. We can make a list a mile long of characters, simply because the SW universe is so huge.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Kozi was trolling plain and simple. If no revan was coming she could of flat out said it and folks wouldn't have wasted their resources. Regardless I see an influx of complaints coming in when they release a **** toon in February.

She wasn’t trolling. The post wasn’t about Revan, it was about whether something big and exciting is coming, which supposedly it is. And that post was like 2 days ago, so I don’t know what all these allegedly wasted resources are.

Kozi isn’t allowed to just say whatever she wants, she needs approval. The Devs decided to deal with this situation of the unfounded rumors and assumptions getting out of hand by having the GCs tell us instead of Kozi.... so what? Just be happy they said anything, they aren’t required to debunk every baseless rumor floating around.
  • None of those characters had bigger roles than 3po. Its common knowledge Anthony is the only actor to have been in all the star wars movies.
  • well, that said, maybe we need force ghost yoda, Anakin (Mustafar), Luke (yellow jacket), or Chewie (Ep. V).

but I agree.. we need 3po.
  • Porkins, or nothing.
  • Porgs or nothing !!!
  • Spixx1109
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Kozi was trolling plain and simple. If no revan was coming she could of flat out said it and folks wouldn't have wasted their resources. Regardless I see an influx of complaints coming in when they release a chump toon in February.

I don’t think she was trolling, she was making a point that it will probably top the nihilus release. Last year, iirc, ppl complained that the dark side didn’t get any love, people also wanted a maul rework and for him to be farmable and then in February we got nihilus and the rise of sith with maul zeta and such. Seems like a very similar pattern this time around. Complaints about no dark side love, grievous needs a rework, jango fett highly desired. I could be wrong but we might be getting separatists.
  • porkins legendary.. you need farmboy luke, wedge, biggs, ackbar and rebel pilot to unlock (rebel pilot being a new marquee)
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    None of those characters had bigger roles than 3po. Its common knowledge Anthony is the only actor to have been in all the star wars movies.

If just being in all the movies is your only deciding factor, then we would only have 3PO. BORING
  • we need the separatist droids. we literally only have one droid from the clone wars...
    None of those characters had bigger roles than 3po. Its common knowledge Anthony is the only actor to have been in all the star wars movies.

That is true, but just being present doesn't mean important. 3PO is essentially a cameo in 1, 3, Rebels, R1, 7, and 8. He's pretty much entirely unimportant outside the original trilogy and the Clone Wars (show and movie).

Additionally, as an aside, 3PO and R2's cameo in R1 doesn't make sense. When we see them in the base we had just been told that Raddus was already en route to scarrif which means in order to be on the tantive (which was being repaired on the Profundity) for the start of ANH they should have already departed as well. They were indeed in the movie, keeping their streak alive, but it was just fan service that didn't really make sense.
  • fascizio wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »

That is true, but just being present doesn't mean important. 3PO is essentially a cameo in 1, 3, Rebels, R1, 7, and 8. He's pretty much entirely unimportant outside the original trilogy and the Clone Wars (show and movie).

Additionally, as an aside, 3PO and R2's cameo in R1 doesn't make sense. When we see them in the base we had just been told that Raddus was already en route to scarrif which means in order to be on the tantive (which was being repaired on the Profundity) for the start of ANH they should have already departed as well. They were indeed in the movie, keeping their streak alive, but it was just fan service that didn't really make sense.

In the original trilogy, what purpose did 3PO serve, outside of being a translator in ROTJ and in ANH just to get Lars to buy R2? comic relief, making him the OT's jar jar.
  • Vader and EP rework.
  • I think Vader rework and Palp zeta(s) makes the most sense as part of the February content. Last Feb was sith related and Kozi hinted towards that. Also expect a level cap increase and possibly hardware abilities for ships. The question is will they also implement 7 star mods... They said 7* mods weren't coming in 2017, but they said nothing about 2018 and lately we've been seeing multiple toon release promos with 7* mods equipped. I would expect better mod management to come with them as part of the QoL.
  • Death Star gunner has the highest kill count in all of Star Wars!
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Death Star gunner has the highest kill count in all of Star Wars!

Yeah we need him and his capital ship, the Death Star. That’ll be the last thing released before the devs end further development lol
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Death Star gunner has the highest kill count in all of Star Wars!

Are you sure? One could argue that Palpatine does, since he started the whole thing. He was the puppet master for both sides.

In the original trilogy, what purpose did 3PO serve, outside of being a translator in ROTJ and in ANH just to get Lars to buy R2? comic relief, making him the OT's jar jar.

He saves the lives of the four principle characters on the Death Star.
    He's the one that tells Han that Luke is missing on Hoth, and his snooping about Cloud City and his resulting blasting is the gang's first indication that stuff ain't quite right.
    His being mistaken for a god and his subsequent interactions with the Ewoks were very important to the ultimate success of the Endor mission.

Comic relief or not, he does play an important role in the original trilogy. Episode 2 on the other hand... I originally gave him that one as being important, but his plot arc, while it is a thing, is pretty much irrelevant to the rest of the movie.

So really, he's only important in 4, 5, 6, and the Clone Wars show. 4 for 11.

3po has always been comic relief. 3po still had a bigger role in the star wars movies which is what was in question that was being discussed.

Comic relief characters are an important part of star wars. Jar jar, 3po, yoda, chirruit, porgs etc.
    fascizio wrote: »

3po has always been comic relief. 3po still had a bigger role in the star wars movies which is what was in question that was being discussed.

Comic relief characters are an important part of star wars. Jar jar, 3po, yoda, chirruit, porgs etc.

semi important. He doesn't have an offense, at least shown in the movies, save for episode 2.
    fascizio wrote: »

semi important. He doesn't have an offense, at least shown in the movies, save for episode 2.

When was that being discussed?