The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Yass, got the 7* Chimaera at last!
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    OK, thanks. Looks like I will need to farm Krennic after all... and Starck to get IPD shards.

How would you mod Krennic and IPD?

Krennic with CC/CD mods, because he really hurts when he crits. Protection on circle and cross. His basic is one of the most powerful in the game.
    I don't have IPD yet but I think a mix between Potency mods and Health mods is good for him since you want that Target Lock on a maximum of enemies.
    I think better would be full CC set, Krenic needs crit chance minimum 54 to do crit dmg quite often. I have him around 45% crit chance and it is like 2 on 5 shots. Not so much. And if You would have g12 than Krenic doesnt need protection on cross. Only circle is enough, better is offense on cross.
  • I am so absolutely fed up with CLS and zHan. They can end a character in 1 turn and both can ignore taunt. It's ridiculous.

So, I was thinking. The base 4 characters are pretty much set for a viable arena team - Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Death. But who is the best 5th? Tarkin, Krennic, Probe Droid, Veers, Starck or Wampa?

I dont have this situation that anyone of Empire can die in one turn. Do You have swgoh account?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    OK, thanks. Looks like I will need to farm Krennic after all... and Starck to get IPD shards.

Krennic with CC/CD mods, because he really hurts when he crits. Protection on circle and cross. His basic is one of the most powerful in the game.
    I don't have IPD yet but I think a mix between Potency mods and Health mods is good for him since you want that Target Lock on a maximum of enemies.
    I think better would be full CC set, Krenic needs crit chance minimum 54 to do crit dmg quite often. I have him around 45% crit chance and it is like 2 on 5 shots. Not so much. And if You would have g12 than Krenic doesnt need protection on cross. Only circle is enough, better is offense on cross.

I like protection on Krennic because he will revive DT if he dies, so Krennic needs to stay alive long enough to do that. One of my last fights, Krennic revive DT twice. Also, I don't put a bunch of CC mods on him because it's useful when he doesn't crit, so he doesn't trigger GK's taunt and Bariss re-heal.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »

I like protection on Krennic because he will revive DT if he dies, so Krennic needs to stay alive long enough to do that. One of my last fights, Krennic revive DT twice. Also, I don't put a bunch of CC mods on him because it's useful when he doesn't crit, so he doesn't trigger GK's taunt and Bariss re-heal.
    Yes, i know. My DT has more than 60k protection and 30k health. So combined it is around 95 k prot health. Almost like a tank. I gave Krenic medpac so he has almost 60k prot health and only protection on circle. With crit imunity Krenic is alive long enough in my case. I need him to crit a lot. He just made a new record against Han on basic 35k. I dont have good crit dmg mods with high crit chance secondaries( i need 6-7% crit chance on every mod) and speed minimum 10. If I would have this kind of mods i would make Krenic full crit dmg set. Than he would crit like 40-42k on basic. .
  • If.you have ipd i'll play it with ep, it's powerfoul combo, but palp need be g12 with gear for.survive first turn
  • So there were reports of Vader being reworked to apply Target Lock instead of DOTs. If true, I was thinking a killer combo might be Vader, Talzin, Imperial Probe Droid (with zeta), DT for heal immunity, and 1 other (maybe ShT or another tank). IPD's zeta prevents target locked enemy from gaining buffs, and Talzin's plague prevents debuffs from being dispelled. If you can keep the enemy from healing themselves fully, it could prevent them from ever gaining buffs!
  • BeWary wrote: »
    So there were reports of Vader being reworked to apply Target Lock instead of DOTs. If true, I was thinking a killer combo might be Vader, Talzin, Imperial Probe Droid (with zeta), DT for heal immunity, and 1 other (maybe ShT or another tank). IPD's zeta prevents target locked enemy from gaining buffs, and Talzin's plague prevents debuffs from being dispelled. If you can keep the enemy from healing themselves fully, it could prevent them from ever gaining buffs!

That would be pretty broken indeed.
    Long live the Empire!
  • BeWary wrote: »
    So there were reports of Vader being reworked to apply Target Lock instead of DOTs. If true, I was thinking a killer combo might be Vader, Talzin, Imperial Probe Droid (with zeta), DT for heal immunity, and 1 other (maybe ShT or another tank). IPD's zeta prevents target locked enemy from gaining buffs, and Talzin's plague prevents debuffs from being dispelled. If you can keep the enemy from healing themselves fully, it could prevent them from ever gaining buffs!

I dont have IPD. But what exactly TL would do?
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Target Lock prevents buffs, really good against JTR teams. Sadly getting IPD is a steep road, you need 5* Starck and Veers as well, preferably on multiple guildmates. My Starck is 55/65 now so hopefully the next time I can start getting shards. I did buy the 10$ pack back then so IPD is 40/80 for me.

I did a calculation: my Krennic is at 32/65 now. It'd take about 17400 crystals to get him to 7* by buying shards from the shop, not counting the Guild Event Store - is there a more effective way to shard him?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Target Lock prevents buffs, really good against JTR teams. Sadly getting IPD is a steep road, you need 5* Starck and Veers as well, preferably on multiple guildmates. My Starck is 55/65 now so hopefully the next time I can start getting shards. I did buy the 10$ pack back then so IPD is 40/80 for me.

I did a calculation: my Krennic is at 32/65 now. It'd take about 17400 crystals to get him to 7* by buying shards from the shop, not counting the Guild Event Store - is there a more effective way to shard him?

I farmed him only using the hard node and I've bought this pack some times ago given some shards too. I never buy shards in shipment, too expensive for me. Long way, but that's the Empire only way.
  • What's the consensus best way to mod Shoretrooper for general use? Speed to spam the heal? Protection for the regen with Thrawn and/or Veers? Health for max benefit with healing?
  • I use protection and speed. Under Thrawn even at 190 speed he gets his Taunt and anti crit buff up early and frequently.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    I use protection and speed. Under Thrawn even at 190 speed he gets his Taunt and anti crit buff up early and frequently.

Well Thrawn's lead provides tm bonuses too.

For Storm would you guys recommend a speed and a defense set?
  • project0rigin
    26 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I use protection and speed. Under Thrawn even at 190 speed he gets his Taunt and anti crit buff up early and frequently.

Well Thrawn's lead provides tm bonuses too.

For Storm would you guys recommend a speed and a defense set?

I run a high tenacity/health on mine really lasts longer especially with magmatrooper and I also run a 202 speed thrawn with tarkin lead and deathtrooper to get that daze
  • Time to start discussing the best new meta Empire teams. Zader or Zalpatine for lead? And what will be your zeta order? My plan is
    Vader UA
    Palp UA
    Palp lead

Thrawn seems like a must have, do we run double tanks? Do other Imperials like TFP make a comeback?
  • I plan on swapping my leads from Thrawn to Palp, but will otherwise start with the same team that holds and climbs pretty well for me: Palp, Thrawn, Krennic, Death Trooper, Starck (sub in IPD or Shore as needed). Can’t wait for this rework to go live! My Palpatine is fully-maxed G12 and 244 speed, ready for unlimited power!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I almost we should close this thread and start a new one.

This is a new era indeed.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Time to start discussing the best new meta Empire teams. Zader or Zalpatine for lead? And what will be your zeta order? My plan is
    Vader UA
    Palp UA
    Palp lead

Thrawn seems like a must have, do we run double tanks? Do other Imperials like TFP make a comeback?

At lower levels (ie post phoenix midgame) tfp could be excellant for tenacity down and since you will be gearing him anyway for fleet but Director Krennic would be a better late game option that fills a lot of the same roles but better.

I'm level 79, will be getting Palpatine next week and plan a team with tfp in the short term.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Please don't close this. Think of this as a primer that is constantly updated. Empire is a living and breathing entity that grows. This thread has a history and tells a story of where empire was, where empire is and provides a location for where empire will be.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    Time to start discussing the best new meta Empire teams. Zader or Zalpatine for lead? And what will be your zeta order? My plan is
    Vader UA
    Palp UA
    Palp lead

At lower levels (ie post phoenix midgame) tfp could be excellant for tenacity down and since you will be gearing him anyway for fleet but Director Krennic would be a better late game option that fills a lot of the same roles but better.

I'm level 79, will be getting Palpatine next week and plan a team with tfp in the short term.

TFP used to fit on both Palpatine and Zader teams in arena, but he fell out of popularity because against rex teams he would give a tm boost and then rex would just cleanse it. If you could hit rex with the ability block it was fine, but once pre-taunters entered the mix that was over. The CLS counter meta made sure he was gone from arena.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    EP/Vader/Thrawn/GK (or Storm/DT)/ShT sounds like a winner to me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Please don't close this. Think of this as a primer that is constantly updated. Empire is a living and breathing entity that grows. This thread has a history and tells a story of where empire was, where empire is and provides a location for where empire will be.

I wouldn't actually close this, it was just a nod to the new era of empire that will be falling upon us.

That's a good point this is a truly living history.
  • So I want to run Vader, Palp, Thrawn, Shore and Storm... Who is my leader?

I'd say:
    Palpatine (zeta) > Thrawn (zeta) > Thrawn (no zeta) > Vader (zeta) > Palpatine (no zeta) > Vader (no zeta)
    That is only a very general ranking, though. It depends on what sort of teams you're going up against, so you have to work out what works best against your usual enemies.

I'd say:
    Palpatine (zeta) > Thrawn (zeta) > Thrawn (no zeta) > Vader (zeta) > Palpatine (no zeta) > Vader (no zeta)
    That is only a very general ranking, though. It depends on what sort of teams you're going up against, so you have to work out what works best against your usual enemies.

Thrawn gives that huge protection bonus which will work well with Palp's new zeta. Thrawn lead also gives that cleanse ability. However Palpatine might still be better. It's tough to say at this point. Some play testing is gonna be required.
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    So I've been waiting, dreaming of playing EP and Empire basically since I started in November. Farmed Phoenix to get me this far, but I'm at the point where I'd have to really invest in gearing them to keep up in arena, and I just don't want to keep playing them much longer. I've been saving my ability mats, credits, and gear for the last few weeks, so I should be able to gear EP to somewhere between G8 and G10 (don't have an exact amount on some gear), and max out his level and abilities to lvl 7 basically as soon as I get him.

Having said that, my Empire squad is basically tankless right now. Here's my swgoh.gg, I assume I should just run my top 4+ Palp when I unlock him later this week? Who can/should I farm up for my tank, if anyone? Fwiw my KRU is ~4 days from 7* and RG is 48/65, so about 2 days to 5*. I also have enough for 3 omegas right now, should I save them for my first zeta (4/20 shards now, just unlocked the battle yesterday)?

https://swgoh.gg/u/dae657/collection/?f=empire

Edit: I also should be hitting 80 somewhere between Thursday and Saturday, depending on fleet placement for crystal payout, and I'll have 7* vader within 2 weeks at absolute latest.
  • What do you guys think of this team?

Palp ( L ), Vader, Shore Trooper, Sith Trooper, Thrawn
  • Sev112 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of this team?

How does that team counter RJT?
  • Sev112 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of this team?

Why sith trooper over storm trooper?