TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited January 2018
DEV POST
Hiya Holotable Heroes! Here are the Game Updates for 1/25/2018

NEW CHARACTERS
Hold on to what you love
jhcrsfaqqwb2.png
Admiral Holdo and Rose Tico join their fellow Heroes on the Holotable! Amilyn Holdo is a seasoned Resistance tank with powerful ally support and enemy debuffs, while Rose Tico is a fierce attacker who can stun and grant her allies buffs. Both of these valiant heroes are ready to join your Resistance squad and lead you to victory!
For a sneak peek at their kits, please be sure to give the Character Strategy posts, linked below, a looksee.
EVENTS
Spark of the Resistance I
Join forces with Resistance fighter ROSE TICO and battle the First Order in this new Marquee event!
  • Date event begins: January 27th
  • Lv requirements for event: 20+
  • Required Content for event: None

Spark of the Resistance II
Join forces with AMILYN HOLDO and battle the First Order in her own unique Marquee event!
  • Date event begins: January 27th
  • Lv requirements for event: 20+
  • Required Content for event: None

SHARD SHUFFLE
Wicket, Nightsisters, and the Character Release Cadence

Starting today, the following Character Shards will be made available in Shipments. Going forward, you’ll also see them in more traditional farmable locations. These characters will also continue to appear as rewards in their respective recurring events.
  • Wicket
  • Mother Talzin
  • Nightsister Zombie
  • Nightsister Spirit
After listening to feedback and collecting player data, it’s clear that our efforts to make the distribution of these faction-defining characters special - by having them farmable exclusively behind recurring events has caused confusion on how marquee characters are released. In the future, we will be working harder to preserve the integrity of the Character Release Cadence, by ensuring that characters released via marquee events cycle through the game in a more standardized fashion, within clearly defined periods of time.
Characters released via Territory Battles, legendary events, Hero’s Journeys, and other special occasions will continue to have a more unique and challenging farming schedule.
Thank you all for helping us grow and improve the game!

Making an Appearance
Kylo Ren (Unmasked) and his deadly Tie silencer have appeared on the holotable along with the fearsome First Order SF TIE pilot and their TIE fighter. Hurry into the fray to add these dark side characters to your crew today!
Cantina 3-F
  • Kylo Ren (Unmasked)
  • TIE silencer
Guild Store
  • First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot
  • First Order Special Forces TIE fighter

PACKS AND BUNDLES
PACKS
Resistance Technician Pack (Rose Tico)
Use the RESISTANCE TECHNICIAN PACK to power up Rose Tico, an agile attacker who buffs her Resistance allies with her basic attack, and who can immobilize her opponents with a powerful Stun. This Pack will be available January 27th
  • 1299 Crystals
  • Minimum Level requirements: 20+
  • No purchase limit

Resistance Admiral Pack (Amilyn Holdo)
Use the RESISTANCE ADMIRAL PACK to power up Amilyn Holdo, a seasoned Resistance tank who can support her allies by auto-Taunting, granting Foresight, recovering Health & Protection, and more! She also inflicts a powerful AoE Daze on your enemies with her Special attack. This Pack will be available January 27th
  • 1299 Crystals
  • Minimum Level requirements: 20+
  • No purchase limit

BUNDLES
Resistance Technician Bundle
Get 25 shards of Rose Tico with a RESISTANCE TECHNICIAN BUNDLE! This agile attacker buffs her Resistance allies with her basic attack, and can immobilize her opponents with a powerful Stun. This Bundle will be available January 27th
  • Character Shards: Rose Tico
  • Credits
  • XP Droids
  • Ability Materials
  • Gear
Maximum 1 time purchase limit
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

Resistance Admiral Bundle
Get 25 shards of Amilyn Holdo with the RESISTANCE ADMIRAL BUNDLE! This seasoned Resistance tank can support her allies by auto-Taunting, granting Foresight, recovering Health & Protection, and more! She also inflicts a powerful AoE Daze on your enemies with her Special attack. This Bundle will be available January 27th
  • Character Shards: Amilyn Holdo
  • Credits
  • XP Droids
  • Ability Materials
  • Gear
Maximum 1 time purchase limit
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

BUGS
Characters
  • Baze: “Unload” no longer deals bonus damage to characters with special buffs.
  • Royal Guard: Health Up buff from “Imperial Phalanx” will now expire correctly.
  • Hermit Yoda: “Master’s Protection” will no longer trigger the Confirm Escape Attempt panel in the Rancor Raid.
Ships
  • Capital Ships upgraded to 7 stars will now award the achievement without needing to restart the application.
Guild Events
  • Territory War: Fixed an issue where there was a typo in the ‘Details” tab.
  • Territory War: Defeated opponents in Territory War will now properly update.

Language
  • French: Plo Koon’s Force Judgement ability now states that it deals damage to all enemies. The Take Charge 8th rank description specifies that Jedi and clones gain 50% turn meter.
  • German: Added missing Level 8 Ability Bonus text description for Ugnaught’s basic ability.
  • German: Hoth Rebel Soldiers “Cover Fire” now correctly states that it inflicts an offense decrease. on the target.
  • German: Resistance Pilot's 'Guerrilla Tactics' ability level 4 now correctly states that it grants 5% Critical Chance
  • German: Chopper's basic ability 'Reckless Fling' now correctly states it can reduce cooldown 'by one round.
  • German: Teebo 'Bring Low' ability description now correctly states that it deal physical damage and not special damage.
  • German: Emperor Palpatine 'Lightning Strike' description now correctly states that the ability deals Special Damage.
  • Spanish: The requirements for the Executrix Fleet Mastery Event now correctly mention Light side Ships.

WHAT’S AHEAD

"The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural."

DEV POST
Post edited by TyloRen on

Replies

• FINALLY! Now we can move onto that "What's ahead"!! Palpatine rework!!!! Let's gooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The two worst characters in this entire saga.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    yup.. all do-do, purely for the f2p folks
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I appreciate the lower energy node for Kylo. And an easier way to farm Talzin. Nice one.
  • So sad....
  • "Rose Tico is a fierce attacker" did they watch the same movie we did?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Looking forward to February. Nice to farm FO better, but that's it.
  • Plageius
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    "Rose Tico is a fierce attacker" did they watch the same movie we did?

She was pretty effective against Finn. Took him out twice. ;)
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • You know what guys? You did it. Your INSUFFERABLE whining over these characters has made me search for my old EA login details just so I can post this ONE thing:

Thank you so much team, I love Rose and Holdo even more and I'm so happy you didn't cave to the angry man children who have been endlessly complaining since the movie came out. Thank. You.

And really looking forward to the Dark Side reveal next month!
  • The senate is coming
  • What a lame update and past couple days. Killed the Revan rumors. Added the two crappiest characters of all time to the game. Now instead of Revan we are getting a rework that we should already have. Epic fail.
  • What shipments are they referring to for talzin and the others? The crystal one?
  • Challenge accepted? Challenge failed
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    funny so in the demo for Rose on the Special 1: DAUNTLESS BRAVERY it show the TM reduction being resisted on Plasma why not make it read "cant be evaded OR Resisted"?
  • Wow, great characters! Said no one ever.
  • What shipments are they referring to for talzin and the others? The crystal one?

Guild currency
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Yeah, at least they gave us news about shard shuffle.. Nothing on Yoda, though. A little underwhelming, these 2 toons are probably the worse one we ever had (Rose is a kind of Jar Jar and Hondo, well.. I did not even realize how she was called during the movie)
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon

Kylo unmasked and tie silencer will be available on the same catina node per your article.

Is that correct?

Thank you
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    What a lame update and past couple days. Killed the Revan rumors. Added the two crappiest characters of all time to the game. Now instead of Revan we are getting a rework that we should already have. Epic fail.

Psh this didnt kill nothing. We knew this is what this update was. Kozi hinted that Revan or something like that is coming in febuary
  • Yay we get some really awesome characters... I hope I don't sound too excited. Won't be using these characters at all for any one of my resistance teams because they played no major role for the resistance
  • Qhue
    31 posts Member
    Surely Admiral Holdo will be getting a Capital Ship down the line right?
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    funny so in the demo for Rose on the Special 1: DAUNTLESS BRAVERY it show the TM reduction being resisted on Plasma why not make it read "cant be evaded OR Resisted"?

I believe its referring to the daze
  • Two toons nobody is waiting for. Literally, nobody. Let's face the facts. CG doesn't really have a choice though. EA and Lucasarts decide.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Azza wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

Kylo unmasked and tie silencer will be available on the same catina node per your article.

Is that correct?

Thank you

That's what it seems, and is consistent with most of their new ships. Rey + Falcon on the same node, FOST + Kylo Shuttle, Shoretrooper + TIE Reaper, etc.

• So cantina 3 is pretty generous, I'll take it.

As for the two ladies, I'll pass, and I'd love to see how many Rose packs you sell even though her kit is strong .

Holdo sounds OP, but I guess you'd have to make her that way to make money off her
  • we will be working harder to preserve the integrity of the Character Release Cadence, by ensuring that characters released via marquee events cycle through the game in a more standardized fashion, within clearly defined periods of time.

That would be nice, since that what was promised when this new Character Release Cadence was initially announced.

Now put Baze back in the Guild Event Store.
  • Coys
    14 posts Member
    Challenge accepted? Challenge failed
    Amen brother
    This will challenge niilaus will it? a rework of a character that is one of the most powerful in the universe but has been sadly underworked haha