Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Why the Guild Store? The Cantina, Squad Arena, and Galactic War stores all DESPERATELY need new characters to farm in them. Why isn't anything being added to them? We already have things to farm in the guild store, but of course you want to continue to spread us thin. Instead of getting gear that we need to upgrade characters, we just have more characters to farm before we can do that while many of us have everything at 7* in the other 3 stores. Anything that's a year old or more should be eligible for those stores at least. Give the players a LITTLE breathing room in other areas instead of continuing to overload them while completely ignoring others that would be more practical!

Truth
  • Cant wait for January to be over... thanks for listening on Wicket, Talzin, Zombie, and Spirit...though they should bypass shipments and move directly into the stores at this point loooooong overdue.

I'll take this. It's the closest we'll get to an acknowledgement that the MT/Wicket release model was a bad idea.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    funny so in the demo for Rose on the Special 1: DAUNTLESS BRAVERY it show the TM reduction being resisted on Plasma why not make it read "cant be evaded OR Resisted"?
    I believe its referring to the daze

There is no daze on this ability. Boomer's right... it's silly to have an attack that does no physical damage that "can't be evaded" when it can be resisted.
    @CG_Kozispoon any insight on this?
  • I don’t want to get into the hypocrisy of the argument made by those who love the film but they come off no better than those who criticise it constantly. Both sides are as bad as eachother and need to move on.
  • Now, I'm actually happy to see the girls in the game because I'm always up for more Resistance characters that potentially improve my team for raids. I haven't looked at their kits yet so I can't really comment but I heard something about an AOE daze, that sounds promising.

But I really popped in here to say THANK YOU about the lower energy cost for KRU and his ship. I may even put aside my Vet Chewie farming to get KRU up since I definitely promised myself when he came out I'd farm him hard when he became available. And besides, I need a break from the iffy drop rates of Chewie shards.
  • Thanks for the big up yours to everyone who bought Talzin because we thought she wouldn’t be available any other way.

You expected them to stick to their word instead of maximizing profits?
  • Meh. More of the same thing. No reworks. Yet another thing in the guild store. New characters to sit on the bench/needed at 5-7 stars in TB. But hey at least we get to farm Kylo and his ship.

I’m more disappointed in my own excitement in the hopes that we’d get idk more ships, store upgrades, reworks, something different then more of the same. Etc etc etc.

Why fix year one toons tho when we can farm one new one now... right? Lol.
  • So move
  • Each time i come to new patch notes and see see the What's Ahead i hope to see:
    [img][/img]Untitled_zpsup5nfrv1.png

WE FORGOT WE HAVE JEDI, SEPARATISTS AND BOUNTY HUNTERS IN THE GAME, SORRY GUYS FACTION PASSES INC!

Only the Rose and Purple overshadow my disappointment in what i assume is a second Sith pass instead of making dead factions work -.- Atleast its not another Rebel pass so i guess we can be thankful for that ...
  • Absolute trash. 2 worst characters in the entire Star Wars universe
  • so with this update new meta is coming: Jedi Rey, bb8 r2 Holdo and Rose. Women with droids:).
  • Coys
    14 posts Member
    Is it April 1st ?
    Weak characters both in film and now this game
  • All the hate sayin worst chars ever lol. Yeh not my fav chars in the movie either but I guarantee u now everyone of u tht say i will nvr farm them u will change ur mind especially if u have rjt cuz holdo is absolutely gonna dominate on those teams. Havent even seen a full reveal yet but just the kit reveal on ahnalds youtube vid shows u wht she is capable of. So i ask u now,how do u like ur crow,rare or well done?cuz ur gonna be eating it after she is meta team worthy n u start panicking to get her to compete against them lol.
  • More garbage light side characters. Talk about imbalance. Here’s another idea. Let’s rename the Resistance Faction to the SJW faction. What a lame game update. Yeah you’re listening to the feedback alright “golf clap”.
  • No one's buying the toys...gotta push those female characters in digital form.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • my goddd holdo makes JTR overpowered af, not even funny... like she's such a crap character.. bet you didn't even know her first name lol
  • Omega_S021 wrote: »
    ArtooIV wrote: »
    Wolly wrote: »

"...this attitude of calling people “angry man children” is as much of an issue as those who are complaining about the film. It’s a sexist comment. It’s not possible that a woman has disliked the film? Nah it just fits an easier narrative if you pretend it’s all men. Your attitude displayed in this comment is as much part of the issue."

I chortled. It might very well be that women have disliked the film, but I can promise you, they are not the ones ranting about the movie every-****-where.

So you’re seeing online profiles, many of which assume aninimity and you’re just assuming gender. Now, what’s it called when people do that?

You mind not preaching your left-wing garbage all over this thread? It's a star wars game, not the election. It's just obnoxious, especially once you get into the whole "assuming genders" thing. Literally not one person here aside from you actually cares.

Lol, I was being very sarcastic. I was making that point as the person I replied to was being hypocritical.
  • ArtooIV wrote: »
    Omega_S021 wrote: »

"...this attitude of calling people “angry man children” is as much of an issue as those who are complaining about the film. It’s a sexist comment. It’s not possible that a woman has disliked the film? Nah it just fits an easier narrative if you pretend it’s all men. Your attitude displayed in this comment is as much part of the issue."

I chortled. It might very well be that women have disliked the film, but I can promise you, they are not the ones ranting about the movie every-****-where.

So you’re seeing online profiles, many of which assume aninimity and you’re just assuming gender. Now, what’s it called when people do that?

You mind not preaching your left-wing garbage all over this thread? It's a star wars game, not the election. It's just obnoxious, especially once you get into the whole "assuming genders" thing. Literally not one person here aside from you actually cares.[/quote

Lol, I’m being very sarcastic because it displays the original posters hypocrisy.

So you acknowledge your own hypocrisy, good. Now please leave.
  • I guess we can at least be happy that they are out of the way and will not plague the speculation of what’s ahead any longer!
  • Oh joy. This patch just feels like a big f u from cg. Everyone wanted revan so we get a "major" update with a character who had what 20 minutes of screen time and will bring jtr above all the other teams. "Well we currently have more than one team capable of being competitive for top spot. We definitely need to fix that."

So now we will get a palp rework, if, and a big if, that changes the meta, how soon after do you guys release characters to directly counter that team because lord knows cg favors the light side, and couldn't give a flying f about the dark side. Anytime the dark side gains any momentum, quickly new blood comes to stomp out that spark.

Dev interview they have you guys quoted saying we are listening intently and know what the player base wants. So by that statement you're either listening to the player base from a different game, or you are listening and just couldn't care less what the player base wants. What player said "oh man I so hope that holdo is new to the game, she was so awesome in the 20 minutes we saw her. Oh and did you see that rose character what a bad **** when she did uh,... Followed Finn around and drooled over him."

EA for you though. Guess it's my bad, definition of insanity. Keep expecting good things from ea, year after year they keep releasing the same garbage, and this game for me takes the cake. Yet somehow I'll continue playing and continue hoping that things will change, and tomorrow will still be the same old cash grab ea garbage. Please stop buying companies and ruining them ea.
    Omega_S021 wrote: »

You mind not preaching your left-wing garbage all over this thread? It's a star wars game, not the election. It's just obnoxious, especially once you get into the whole "assuming genders" thing. Literally not one person here aside from you actually cares.[/quote

Lol, I’m being very sarcastic because it displays the original posters hypocrisy.

So you acknowledge your own hypocrisy, good. Now please leave.

I haven’t once been hypocritical. I’m not forcing you to respond. Leave me alone and I’ll stop.
  • So does that mean KRU will hit that node today when the update pushes?

You mind not preaching your left-wing garbage all over this thread? It's a star wars game, not the election. It's just obnoxious, especially once you get into the whole "assuming genders" thing. Literally not one person here aside from you actually cares.

I don't believe you understand the word "literally" That said, yes... please, let's all move on from this conversation.
  • ArtooIV wrote: »
    I don’t want to get into the hypocrisy of the argument made by those who love the film but they come off no better than those who criticise it constantly. Both sides are as bad as eachother and need to move on.

Respectfully, I think that's a false equivalence. I don't think one person using the relatively tame phrase of "man babies" comes close to the constant barrage of negative comments in the other direction.

"There are bad people on both sides" oversimplifies it.
  • Resistance needed another tank like TLJ needed Holdo. Completely annoying and unnecessary.

Yawn - the two most useless characters in Star Wars lore get added to the game. Can I negative farm them out of canon?
  • CKRanger11 wrote: »
    I don’t want to get into the hypocrisy of the argument made by those who love the film but they come off no better than those who criticise it constantly. Both sides are as bad as eachother and need to move on.

Respectfully, I think that's a false equivalence. I don't think one person using the relatively tame phrase of "man babies" comes close to the constant barrage of negative comments in the other direction.

"There are bad people on both sides" oversimplifies it.

The poster who made that comment is not the only person criticising those who didn’t like the film. Those who don’t like it are just as valid as those who do and believe me I’m a prequel loving Jar-Jar fan. I’m not going to criticise anyone for what they like. I will criticise those who aren’t willing to let someone like or dislike something with using names like “man babies”.
  • Excited to see Holdo! Hoping for a capital ship to follow. Also, screw the Rose hate! She was a good addition to the series.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Let's make sure we are keeping it civil in here ya'll. Even if you don't like a character, someone does. It's a lot easier to respect than to attack.

Thanks!
  • Checking in to see if the forums were imploding. Yep. You guys / gals never disappoint!

Anyways, it's not a BAD update per se. Holdo looks solid (and then some), Rose's kit doesn't look bad either. This MIGHT be the end of CLS in arena, but we'll see. Kru and Silencer in Cantina on an easy node? THANK YOU. That was probably the best part of this update. Second best are Wicket and MT going into shipments, albeit the crystal kind.

There's a few things though: As many players expressed, none of these are going into Arena / Cantina / GW token shipments. It's been a while since those got any love. You have a lot of end-game players who have everything in those stores. Gotta give the end game some love every now and again. I'd like SF FOTP and his ship, but guild store for BOTH? I just finished Starck and was looking forward to the gear out of there. The last few months have kind of been a kick in the gut with the amount of characters released and the fact you're dropping $200-$300 per character to 7* including the cash shard packs (which I usually grab). The shard shuffle definitely needs an update for those stores.

Again, not a bad update. However, definitely awaiting the February update.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Why the Guild Store? The Cantina, Squad Arena, and Galactic War stores all DESPERATELY need new characters to farm in them. Why isn't anything being added to them? We already have things to farm in the guild store, but of course you want to continue to spread us thin. Instead of getting gear that we need to upgrade characters, we just have more characters to farm before we can do that while many of us have everything at 7* in the other 3 stores. Anything that's a year old or more should be eligible for those stores at least. Give the players a LITTLE breathing room in other areas instead of continuing to overload them while completely ignoring others that would be more practical!

It's just a theory but I think too many long time players have saved up too much in GW Store currency and (somewhat) Cantina Store. If they put someone in either store, several people could unlock them VERY rapidly and that's why we don't see people added to either often.

When they added better gear to the Shard Shop, it helped because a lot of people spent their GW and Cantina currency buying finished characters just to bump their shard shop currency but, as players, saved enough to where they could easily buy new character shards each refresh enough to 7 star a character (for free) faster than they want.