Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Atlas1 wrote: »
    Two toons nobody is waiting for. Literally, nobody. Let's face the facts. CG doesn't really have a choice though. EA and Lucasarts decide.

Hopefully this is it for TLJ content. Time to move on.

No, we still need Hux with hopefully a FO capital ship. Once Hux is in the game, then we can be done with TLJ characters.
  • This also bothers me. We will always be playing catch up in platoons unless you have 10-12 people who will pay to 7* those characters. Even then though you will only have the advantage until the next marquee toon
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Coys wrote: »
    Challenge accepted? Challenge failed
    Amen brother
    This will challenge niilaus will it? a rework of a character that is one of the most powerful in the universe but has been sadly underworked haha

Pretty sure Kozi was on about whats coming in February but ok.
  • Yup. Either never make progress on platoons, or be on a constant conveyor belt of spending thousands just to avoid losing the progress you already made. It's the worst part of the game right now IMHO.
  • Holdo AOE daze sounds like big trouble for CLS lead.

And NS as well.

NRAJ said they wanted a diverse meta in arena...yet they give Res a toon that specifically help them gain ground on both of the next 2 best teams (CLS and NS). It's an awful day for arena diversity.
  • ^ hurts Ewoks too, right?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • While this is technically true that we will continually be chasing platoons that remain unfillable, there is one point that everyone always leaves out when making this argument.

As we get additional toons and additional time to build, our GP will continually go up. As a result of this, the need for platoons to be completely filled goes down. For every point we lose from a couple combat missions where we miss a couple waves, we will gain more than enough guild GP to cover up the difference in general deployment.

So essentially, this whole debate is much ado about nothing, guilds will still continue to progress in TB and get more stars, complete platoons or not.
  • Coys
    14 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Amen brother
    This will challenge niilaus will it? a rework of a character that is one of the most powerful in the universe but has been sadly underworked haha

And what do you think I'm talking about
  • sad that holdo takes out KYRU kid. KYRU is farmable, but for what. zetas are too rare to put two of those in a character that will never pay off. either you are a big first order fan and will be disappointed once more by their kid, or you farm KYRU for platoons. i think this is it.

hope if palps will get a rework, we will have some cool stuff coming. a non dispellable buff or debuff for darkside maybe. but my hope is low on a cool usefull sith\empire\first order meta. since r2 came the dark side lost ground step by step. now that nihilus is gone, and thrawn will fade because of titans are easy food to rey, we have no dark side in arena anymore, but the 5 nightsister teams
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. Basically Holdo makes CLS teams useless. How can an almost insignificant character have this kit?? After spending so much time to unlock CLS you nerf him with THIS? Even with an easy farm for unmasked kylo you nerfed him with Rose since she gains bonuses against FO. Worse month in the history of the game.

oh please DS users are still waiting to be meta. and CLS will not be useless cause only whales and above will get Holdo off the bat.

Everyone will have her from the event...she will be fine at low stars.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    @Pseudot, spot on, it helps us in TB every time. @JacenRoe, do you mean you wish they wouldn't release new characters as fast?
    As far as progress, it's not the game that decides how fast you need those new heroes maxed, it's your competing guilds. It's ALWAYS been this way. New heroes are a staple for Galaxy of Heroes. I feel the 'goal-post' stretch every time as well, but I'm always happy to see new heroes... even if it's one more out of the way until I get my Bossk.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • For selfish reasons I hate that KRU is in a very easy farming location. I just 7* him today. Again purely selfish. I know it will be a great addition for 95% of other players.

Obviously Holdo and Rose were coming. There was no avoiding it. I’m not upset at that in the slightest but I was hoping we would get some FO toons first to help that sorry faction out. Resistance is already extremely strong.
  • ^ hurts Ewoks too, right?

Yep - good point. Aoe daze is an incredibly great skill. Can't believe they gave her that kit. What tank does more than Holdo now aside from GK? Passive heals from the basic to allies, direct heal, hands out foresight with her basic, has some silly +50 speed mechanic so she's going to be fast....she's going to be taunting non-stop cause Res are always gaining and losing foresight...she heals her self passively though... I don't understand why they would give her this level of kit in a team that was already elite. Shocking and very disappointing.
  • Coys wrote: »
    Amen brother

I assumed at first glance it was about what was just released since you have no clue whats coming next February.
  • Aeternas
    65 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Why the Guild Store? The Cantina, Squad Arena, and Galactic War stores all DESPERATELY need new characters to farm in them. Why isn't anything being added to them? We already have things to farm in the guild store, but of course you want to continue to spread us thin. Instead of getting gear that we need to upgrade characters, we just have more characters to farm before we can do that while many of us have everything at 7* in the other 3 stores. Anything that's a year old or more should be eligible for those stores at least. Give the players a LITTLE breathing room in other areas instead of continuing to overload them while completely ignoring others that would be more practical!

Completely agree. It's great that they added all this nice gear salvage to the Guild Store, but then they make it so we have competing needs by putting rare, important characters in there, as well. This means we can have one or the other, not both. Seems like it defeats the purpose, as bit. Then, as you say, there are these THREE OTHER STORES with nothing in them of any real use to people who have been playing for a while.

I'm "done" with all three, as well...just accumulating currency, at this point...cashing in some here and there for shard shop conversion. I'd love to be farming something more useful than say, Bodhi or Pao...but anything I don't already have would be welcome. Cripes...put Aayla in there or something so I don't have to keep passing by her shards in Guild Store...|o|

• I think the quote for February is misleading. I think the only part that matters is the part in red, not who said the quote.
    Unnatural meaning a machine... bb-9e

I for one welcome our new droid overlords (and would definitely farm BB-9E).

• To be honest, I'm upset about Talzin becoming F2P, CG clearly stated the path to get her and if people wanted to have her they either waited 1.5-2 years or pay for her, some of us did pay because of that and now because people complaining they changed their minds and now she will be F2P...
    This isn't fair for the ones that pay (a lot) to get an exclusive character to 7 stars...

On the same note I did the same for Kylo Unmasked, but since for him it was clear he was going to be F2P in the normal cadence I'm in peace with this one...
  • aperingo wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm upset about Talzin becoming F2P, CG clearly stated the path to get her and if people wanted to have her they either waited 1.5-2 years or pay for her, some of us did pay because of that and now because people complaining they changed their minds and now she will be F2P...
    This isn't fair for the ones that pay (a lot) to get an exclusive character to 7 stars...

On the same note I did the same for Kylo Unmasked, but since for him it was clear he was going to be F2P in the normal cadence I'm in peace with this one...

I totally agree I paid so that I would not need to wait 2 years I think those with a 7* MT should be refunded a portion of the crystals need led to purchase from the store. I will never purchase marquee packs again as i feel this has completely screwed us over. This is not a case of listening to the players this is more of. A case of how do we get more cash with our existing asset base
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Amen brother

I assumed at first glance it was about what was just released since you have no clue whats coming next February.

I do have a clue "not revan"
    Challenge failed
  • Why not the Praetorian Royal Guard? 2 of the WORST characters. Whats next, the Mouse robot?
  • I feel scammed by the news of farmable MT. Before i assume F2P way to get her shards is by event that launch once in a month, so i spend some money for MT to have headstart. If only u guys being honest since the beginning by tell us that MT will be F2P in casual way not only by event i wouldn't feel this bad.
  • @CG_Kozispoon challenge excepted huh? Thanks for the garbage toons we all wanted.... They'll keep the bench real warm. I would have taken Watto at this point. #QuitHoldingRevanHostage #MakeTheDarkSideGreat
  • I don t get all the negativity.. i am very happy with holdo and think rose will be good too...
    Thanks ea!
  • Atrreyu wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon challenge excepted huh? Thanks for the garbage toons we all wanted.... They'll keep the bench real warm. I would have taken Watto at this point. #QuitHoldingRevanHostage #MakeTheDarkSideGreat

You do realize that the "challenge accepted" was meant for the february update, right?
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Please release EP rework and RoTS Anakin with some sort of new offensive momentum mechanic!
  • I've been playing for exactly 2 years this month and I just don't get the devs. Yes, let me preface by saying that they've made great updates such as (in my opinion) QoL, Emperor Palpatine, Tank Raid/GK, Ships, Boba Fett Rework, Anakin Rework, Zetas, R2, and CLS. Mother Talzin was okay. As a dolphin myself, I've opened up my wallet on these updates.

But it seems to me that most updates are disappointing rather than exciting. By the looks of it, people are continuously complaining on the "Content Update [MEGA]" threads about the same thing every update, that is, not getting what we've been asking for months i.e. Jango Fett, Separatist Rework, Revan, Tuskens, SHIPS!!!

I know there are people excited about Rose and Holdo, but isn't it blatantly obvious that the devs can get a big check bonus if they give us what we are literally admitting we would open our wallets to!? There have even been poles done on the forums for what faction WE wanted reworked and the number one was Bounty Hunter, Jedi, and Separatists but instead they gave us Ewoks and Nightsisters. We begged for a Vader and Palpatine rework (finally getting it next update - knock on wood!) as well as a Grievous rework and the most requested characters are Revan and Jango Fett (don't believe me Rose and Holdo lovers? Search it.) If I ran SWGOH, I would log on here every day, see what people wanted, and make it! It just doesn't make sense to me. It's like ordering a steak (Revan) at a restaurant and getting a salad (Rose/Holdo).
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    What a lame update and past couple days. Killed the Revan rumors. Added the two crappiest characters of all time to the game. Now instead of Revan we are getting a rework that we should already have. Epic fail.

Wiulh you rather have jar jar
  • All game for everything the update is on about apart from holdo and rose dont get me wrong they both did there part in the film in holdo building poes character and rose building finns but we just dont need any more rebels
  • CJK20
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I totally get what you're saying but on the other hand I have to see their side.

If every toon was released you ever wanted it would leave very little excitement and longevity to come in the game.

The release of the last Jedi no doubt has a few more toons to come yet more the FO faction now!

Jango will come, as will Revan and everyone else we're after just in good time.