Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• TyloRen wrote: »
    Let's make sure we are keeping it civil in here ya'll. Even if you don't like a character, someone does. It's a lot easier to respect than to attack.

Thanks!

Completely agree. Which is what I was essentially saying in my first post.
  • Gmytrix
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Rose will be like Biggs, double hit with expose beetwen and after. Maybe even before. So potentially 60% health from exposes and some dmg from double hit. 30k health means 18k dmg plus 16-20? Nice basic:). And 10tm gain when team crits? Rey with asists of those two droids means 30% tm gain so she already have chance to gain 50% tm. Plus chance for two exposes so additional tm 20% gain. Holdo can give Rose 100% tm gain using her Aoe with daze and expose. JiTRey plus bb8 r2 Holdo Rose will have 40% crit chance so always crits? This team will be faster than any CLS team and Rose will be crazy, more crazy broken toon than Han Zolo. Good that they dont have counters, but with 20% critical avoidance it is like half Gk in the team. So tenacity up and crit imunity should be used against them to slow them a lot.
    Post edited by Gmytrix on
  • Varlie wrote: »
    Why the Guild Store? The Cantina, Squad Arena, and Galactic War stores all DESPERATELY need new characters to farm in them. Why isn't anything being added to them? We already have things to farm in the guild store, but of course you want to continue to spread us thin. Instead of getting gear that we need to upgrade characters, we just have more characters to farm before we can do that while many of us have everything at 7* in the other 3 stores. Anything that's a year old or more should be eligible for those stores at least. Give the players a LITTLE breathing room in other areas instead of continuing to overload them while completely ignoring others that would be more practical!

It's just a theory but I think too many long time players have saved up too much in GW Store currency and (somewhat) Cantina Store. If they put someone in either store, several people could unlock them VERY rapidly and that's why we don't see people added to either often.

When they added better gear to the Shard Shop, it helped because a lot of people spent their GW and Cantina currency buying finished characters just to bump their shard shop currency but, as players, saved enough to where they could easily buy new character shards each refresh enough to 7 star a character (for free) faster than they want.

While I can agree with that somewhat, it's the fact those stores were neglected for so long. At least rotate the Gen 1 characters out and put them somewhere else. I don't have data on how many SERIOUS new players CG acquires, but lets be real: Short of platoons, a lot of those characters are useless. Could they put in Chaze / Chirrut in Arena and take out someone else? Sure.

Also, something interesting was brought up in the RSG stream yesterday about Chromiums. When the game first started there were only about 20 characters in Chromium. Now there's, well, a LOT. Why not make a "Legacy" chromium and a "Premium" chromium? You want MT / Wicket shards and get a bunch of Talia / Ewok Scout, etc. etc. That's pretty frustrating. It's just high time they do something about the Gen 1 characters.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the big up yours to everyone who bought Talzin because we thought she wouldn’t be available any other way.

You expected them to stick to their word instead of maximizing profits?

They specifically said Talzin would not be farmable any way except for her event. Her event gives zetas if you have her 7*. So while I did not expect a 2 year farm, I did expect buying Talzin early to also mean getting zetas later that no one else could. But now the event has run once and she is available in shipments. Considering maybe it would take a month to actually get her from shipments, I’m going to ended up getting 4-8 extra zetas from my early purchase. I expected to be getting more like 50-100 extra zeta mats out of my purchase. So yeah, I’m not happy at all about blatantly being lied to.
  • I literally recovered my account just to comment how these are stupid characters to add instead of snoke and his red fighty boys specially for as unrepresented a team as First Order is
  • Wait hang on, palpetine said that quote in episode 3 and since this game takes characters from points in the timeline (hence why we have 4 different solos) does that mean the hint is for Darth sidious rework not EP?
  • This is ridiculous. Basically Holdo makes CLS teams useless. How can an almost insignificant character have this kit?? After spending so much time to unlock CLS you nerf him with THIS? Even with an easy farm for unmasked kylo you nerfed him with Rose since she gains bonuses against FO. Worse month in the history of the game.
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Omega_S021 wrote: »
    ArtooIV wrote: »
    Wolly wrote: »
    ArtooIV wrote: »

"...this attitude of calling people “angry man children” is as much of an issue as those who are complaining about the film. It’s a sexist comment. It’s not possible that a woman has disliked the film? Nah it just fits an easier narrative if you pretend it’s all men. Your attitude displayed in this comment is as much part of the issue."

I chortled. It might very well be that women have disliked the film, but I can promise you, they are not the ones ranting about the movie every-****-where.

So you’re seeing online profiles, many of which assume aninimity and you’re just assuming gender. Now, what’s it called when people do that?

You mind not preaching your left-wing garbage all over this thread? It's a star wars game, not the election. It's just obnoxious, especially once you get into the whole "assuming genders" thing. Literally not one person here aside from you actually cares.

I don't believe you understand the word "literally" That said, yes... please, let's all move on from this conversation.

Believe me, I'm acutely aware of what the word "literally means. I'm also aware that in modern society, it has taken another meaning, one used to emphasize or intensify the point being made.
  • This is ridiculous. Basically Holdo makes CLS teams useless. How can an almost insignificant character have this kit?? After spending so much time to unlock CLS you nerf him with THIS? Even with an easy farm for unmasked kylo you nerfed him with Rose since she gains bonuses against FO. Worse month in the history of the game.

oh please DS users are still waiting to be meta. and CLS will not be useless cause only whales and above will get Holdo off the bat.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Challenge accepted? Challenge failed

You do realize that it isn't February yet, right?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Wolly wrote: »
    You know what guys? You did it. Your INSUFFERABLE whining over these characters has made me search for my old EA login details just so I can post this ONE thing:

Thank you so much team, I love Rose and Holdo even more and I'm so happy you didn't cave to the angry man children who have been endlessly complaining since the movie came out. Thank. You.

And really looking forward to the Dark Side reveal next month!

this. 1000 times over. i loved rose and was wondering when we would get her in the game. admiral holdo is a bonus, one i'm quite happy about. looking at their kits i think they will make a fine addition to the resistance team. i second the thanks to EA for not caving to the whiny brats.
  • Happy about the NS availability. I really want to try MT in Raids (just to see how they stack up there) and, you know, g12 zzMT is gonna be my Golden girl.

Pretty sure Holdo is going to be a straight NS killer though. I can already see her and R2's AoE will be enough to handle any cheese, with everything else, to make it really, REALLY, hard on NS. Gonna hit the last CLS lead squads where it hurts too with that mass Daze. Gonna have to plant GK in my NS sooner then later, LOL.

So, and I've been wrong before, but I think this'll be the end to what little diversity we had in the arena since NS got their pass.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Would much rather have the dark side box from last year...
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Challenge accepted? Challenge failed

You do realize that it isn't February yet, right?

EP rework hinted for February fails to beat DN
  • 3slink wrote: »
    my goddd holdo makes JTR overpowered af, not even funny... like she's such a **** character.. bet you didn't even know her first name lol

Is it "Admiral"?
  • Wait hang on, palpetine said that quote in episode 3 and since this game takes characters from points in the timeline (hence why we have 4 different solos) does that mean the hint is for Darth sidious rework not EP?

my guess is the quote is probably referring to Darth Plagueis. It's not exactly Revan, but he's a sith and the guy who tried to manipulate midochlorians.
  • February will be exciting because it'll introduce counter to the hateful Rose and Holdo. i pity whoever gonna farm them for exactly 2 weeks of viability.
  • ewqewqc wrote: »
    February will be exciting because it'll introduce counter to the hateful Rose and Holdo. i pity whoever gonna farm them for exactly 2 weeks of viability.

Amen to that
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. Basically Holdo makes CLS teams useless. How can an almost insignificant character have this kit?? After spending so much time to unlock CLS you nerf him with THIS? Even with an easy farm for unmasked kylo you nerfed him with Rose since she gains bonuses against FO. Worse month in the history of the game.

oh please DS users are still waiting to be meta. and CLS will not be useless cause only whales and above will get Holdo off the bat.
    Tell me about it. Except for nightsisters DS is not competitive in top Arena. We do need some love there but my point is another. I’m ok with a toon being able to make CLS more manageable but why Holdo?? I mean for all the requirements to unlock CLS I would expect at least to be nerfed by a Snoke.
  • Nothing to see here, move along. This was underwhelming.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    We need a capital ship!! Please!!
  • I'm very greatful that the devs listened about Wicket, Talzin, and the other 2 Nightsisters. The 2 - 2.5 year projected farming time (or 1 - 1.25 years for 10k crystals) was unrealistically long. No need to give them away, but making them farmable in a normal time frame is the right move. Bravo.

Unfortunately now with Rose, and Holdo coming out that's 2 more characters we'll need at 7* for platoons. I'm glad that TB are hard. They should be. I'm in a top 15 guild, and 45/48 stars are still a ways off. Even with full platoons they would be a ways off. But constantly adding new characters (especially ones who won't be farmable for months) to the platoons every time new toons come to the game is a terrible thing to do.

We build up, and make progress, then the goalposts are moved. Unless several guild members spend a few hundred dollars then our progress on platoons will be erased. We're actually having progress we made taken away. And every single time that new toons come out progress our guild already farmed or paid for is taken away, and more money is required just to get back to where we were. It's worse for guilds with no whales. They will never, ever, ever fill platoons. There is no goal to work towards. There will always be new characters every few months, so platoons passed P3 are pointless. It's a really rotten thing to do to the players, and it ruined what used to be my favorite game mode. (Yes, I liked TB. Not anymore, but I used to.) At least TW is still fun.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Why the Guild Store? The Cantina, Squad Arena, and Galactic War stores all DESPERATELY need new characters to farm in them. Why isn't anything being added to them? We already have things to farm in the guild store, but of course you want to continue to spread us thin. Instead of getting gear that we need to upgrade characters, we just have more characters to farm before we can do that while many of us have everything at 7* in the other 3 stores. Anything that's a year old or more should be eligible for those stores at least. Give the players a LITTLE breathing room in other areas instead of continuing to overload them while completely ignoring others that would be more practical!

QFT!!! Update the GW and Arena stores!!!!! It’s been far far far far too long!!!!!
  • This is a terrible update, I’m sorry. At this rate the challenge of beating last February is not going to succeed. Here’s the good and the bad of this update:

The Good

1.)KRU, SFTFP and their ships given reasonable locations to farm. Given how often they appear in platoons and the necessity for more DS toons, this helps but only ever so slightly.

2.) Talzin and Wicket take their next steps into a proper farm. Now people can actually get viable usage from both NS and Ewoks who wanted to unlock these characters but didn’t break the bank at first. But that leads into.....

THE BAD:

1.) You just added two resistance toons to make JTR even more exclusively OP’ed. A big portion of your community couldn’t unlock Rey given her requirements and the absurd panic farm locations. So without JTR you can’t fully utilize rose and Holdo. Speaking of....

2.) ANOTHER marquee release. Seriously, please stop it. Release characters in any of the shops! A hard node! A Cantina node! A legendary event, anything! We are sick of it. And it’s not just bad because their kits are going to be exclusively for P2P, but you are also adding more exclusively P2P toons to platoons for TB thus making the goal posts move yet again. It’s a never ending end zone now.

3.) A Palp rework? If that’s the big ticket release for February, with QoL updates then you failed. That doesn’t top DN. And the ONLY way to do that now that Revan has been officially squashed is a Plagueis legendary event with a Palp and Vader rework paired with other QoL additions like a multi bronzonium function, mod management tool and guild ticket tracker that works. But it hinges on a LEGENDARY event. Not this marquee stuff which has been old since it’s inception.

I doubt this gets enough attention from the team but maybe if enough players see this they will demand better content. This is a bad update and bad form to make a release of P2P characters that have OP kits when paired with a hero’s journey character that a lot of us don’t have and won’t have until spring at the earliest.
  • I don't mind Rose and Holdo being in the game...they had lots of screen time in the last movie, I think we all knew they were coming eventually.

What is starting to bother me is how useless so many characters/factions are. Granted, I understand balance in this game isn't going to equal balance if the characters were actually fighting or we'd all just be using Vader, Mace, Yoda, Palp, etc...but when so many Jedi Masters, Sith Lords, combat droids, Bounty Hunters, etc etc are considerably worse than two characters I don't even recall actually even firing a blaster in the movie...things are just getting stupid.

Could we get some reworks please? I'm not asking for some of the above factions to be god mode...I think one squad dominating is a boring meta...but my god I don't want to look at Kit Fisto, one of the best light saber duelists, or General Grievous who was an absolute monster who killed many a Jedi and wrecked the Night Sisters and think sorry fellas...Rose and Holdo are so much better than you either of ya would be a waste of resources right now.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I like the darkside, any rework is appreciated.

my guess is the quote is probably referring to Darth Plagueis. It's not exactly Revan, but he's a sith and the guy who tried to manipulate midochlorians.

I would assume EP\darth sidious since he says it in the movie but would love if it was Darth plagueis
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Cool, at least they arrive in 2 days and will be gone in a week. They’ll be out of the way soon and hopefully we can move on to Palp and Sith reworks cause that’s what we all really want.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Two toons nobody is waiting for. Literally, nobody. Let's face the facts. CG doesn't really have a choice though. EA and Lucasarts decide.

Hopefully this is it for TLJ content. Time to move on.
  • I think the quote for February is misleading. I think the only part that matters is the part in red, not who said the quote.
    Unnatural meaning a machine... bb-9e