Character Strategy- Rose Tico

Prev1
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2018
UNIT NAME: Rose Tico
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Resistance, Attacker
A brave Resistance Attacker who can Stun and grant allies buffs.

xmxo97wkb5h4.gif

ABILITIES:

Basic: COURAGEOUS SHOT
h1ab281vk5a6.gif

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant Tenacity Up for 2 turns to a random Resistance ally who doesn't have it. 50% chance to attack again (once per turn).

Special 1: DAUNTLESS BRAVERY (Cooldown 5)
8c1r4aoyb1r1.gif

Resistance allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns. For each Resistance ally remove 8% Turn Meter from target enemy. Rose Tico gains 10% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally and each First Order enemy. This attack cannot be evaded.

Special 2: SHOCK PROD STRIKE (Cooldown 5)
huz4vdc3d0xr.gif

Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Stun for 1 turn. When this Stun expires, the target is Dazed for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded or Resisted.

Unique: VALIANT SPIRIT
  • Rose Tico has +10% Offense for each Exposed enemy. When another Resistance ally scores a Critical Hit, Rose Tico gains 10% Turn Meter.

General Strategy, Synergy and Utilization

Seeing the world through Rose-colored blasters.

In PvE...

Rose Tico’s contributions to a Resistance squad in PvE events are impressive. Working under a Rey (Jedi Training) lead, Rose Tico rises to the challenge in nearly all raid phases. Her basic attack, “Courageous Shot,” not only hits hard, but works effectively to increase the Turn Meter of other Resistance units. Rose’s “Dauntless Bravery” pairs exceptionally well with Rey (Jedi Training)’s leadership, especially where Turn Meter manipulation mechanics are valued. Her “Shock Prod Strike” ability is very useful for establishing control of the battle and locking down enemy units. “Valiant Spirit” pairs well with the Turn Meter generation that “Courageous Shot” produces, allowing Rose to act much more often, and its increased Offense causes Rose Tico’s damage profile to increase quite heftily, especially in events where multiple enemies are present.

In PvP...

Rose Tico answers the Resistance’s call and slots in nicely with Rey (Jedi Training), BB-8 and Amilyn Holdo. In addition to hitting hard, her synergy with the Resistance faction makes the team speedier, allowing them to gain more turns. Rose Tico’s “Shock Prod Strike” is a unique, first-ever ability that inflicts Stun for one turn, which then passively and automatically converts to Daze for two turns. The result is an effective mechanic that helps establish control of the battle.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member

Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Stun for 1 turn. When this Stun expires, the target is Dazed for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded or Resisted.

@CG_Kozispoon So for clarification how this is written, The initial Stun can be Evaded/Resisted but if the Stun takes hold, the 2 Turn Daze cannot be Evaded or Resisted, right?
  • lol
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • I am Sorry but I don't like it at all. First thing was the movie fail and now you're giving Rose unique debuff.. why? Why don't you repair old chars to be playable (i am talking about palpatine in arena) instead of making another liht side chars? I like this game but i would like to play with siths for example but arena from 1-150 is all com luke and rebels..
  • SO anyone running a First Order team is screwed then? Lovely
  • Garbage and utterly laughable. Who thought adding these two was a good idea? They should be fired.
  • I don't like it at all.. another light side.. fix PALPATINE PLEASE.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Hahahahaha I love it. Take that Rose haters.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Any Zetas on this kit @CG_Kozispoon ? Haven't seen a 4 ability toon without a zeta in awhile
  • Strojař wrote: »
    I don't like it at all.. another light side.. fix PALPATINE PLEASE.

Dude chill, look at the hint for next month.
  • So people don’t complain about it under holdo’s post. If the actress is prettier you will like her right?
  • FieldL wrote: »
    So people don’t complain about it under holdo’s post. If the actress is prettier you will like her right?

Nope
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    FieldL wrote: »
    So people don’t complain about it under holdo’s post. If the actress is prettier you will like her right?
    I think people just prefer military leaders to mechanics

No need to diss Rose's looks
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Stop with the [redacted] light side already.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Yo chill, they are trying their best. go make your own star wars game.
  • Stop with the [redacted] light side already.

CG: 'Releases 3 LS toons in the last 3 months comparison to the last 6 DS toons'

You: 'What is with all the LS toons, CG biased to LS etc etc etc.'
  • Prayers have been answered! More lightside toons! *vomits*
  • FieldL wrote: »
    Uh no why would you think we like the character for the look of the actress. If that were the case then it'd just be Rey. Both characters in the movie are weak but at least Holdo did something and took out a few first order ships. Rose did nothing besides release animals that'll be captured again and shock Finn. However the game made Holdo interesting so props to them. Sorry but saying something crazy like that will get you responses you don't want to hear
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Stun for 1 turn, daze for 2? Sheesh. creep, creep...
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Yo chill, they are trying their best. go make your own star wars game.
    Like a wise Yoda once said “ Do or do not. There is no try.”

• Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Stop with the [redacted] light side already.

CG: 'Releases 3 LS toons in the last 3 months comparison to the last 6 DS toons'

Can you count that out for me? I'm not coming up with your same numbers. Ohh, and the LS toons are great, and the DS toons are 'meh'. Wonderful.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Varlie wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon So for clarification how this is written, The initial Stun can be Evaded/Resisted but if the Stun takes hold, the 2 Turn Daze cannot be Evaded or Resisted, right?

Correct. Once the Stun expires, it automatically turns into Daze.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Minowara wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

Can you count that out for me? I'm not coming up with your same numbers. Ohh, and the LS toons are great, and the DS toons are 'meh'. Wonderful.

KRUMZ, SPFTFP, Wampa, IPD, Starck, FOX.

RJT, Rose, Holdo.

But hey if you wanna go a little extra further back its Nightsisters and BB-8 so I guess its 8 DS toons for 4 LS toons. I get it though, the Wampa is obviously quite meh, same with Talzin. What can you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    FieldL wrote: »

Yes ofc! just think of yoda, we all love him because he's so hot, nothing to do with his character, personality or role and mechanics in the movies, we are all shallow and cannot consider that people might care about deeper things. That is why CG made rose look much much thinner then the actress in the movie.

Holdo... yes she was tall her character had nothing to do with it nor did her sacrifice, no you see we have a hot meeter and we all pull it out if it doesen't reach a 4 we make fun of the weight and way it looks like. You see we hate the character for what she did in the movie and how she acted, the fact she was cast to fill a diversity quota didn't help but I'm sure the real person is a great gal, it's really hard to get work in hollywood you know. No first we hate the personality and actions THEN we complain about other things. We have jedi master on screen but spend time with a lowly mechanic. Let me ask then would it be diffrent if she was a hot guy, or a droid or some other race? same actions same movie just a diffrent look? no no it wouldn't, she's the Jar Jar of the trilogy and it seems by design.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »

RJT, Rose, Holdo.

But hey if you wanna go a little extra further back its Nightsisters and BB-8 so I guess its 8 DS toons for 4 LS toons. I get it though, the Wampa is obviously quite meh, same with Talzin. What can you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 months would be Nov correct? How about the vets? That makes it pretty equal I'd say. 5 to 6 and the DS toons are a bit worse... seems fair.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Almost qualifies for worst character addition ever. Not even any “love” synergy with Finn? I really expected Holdo and Rose to have some sort of suicide finishing maneuver. :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Rickersby wrote: »

RJT, Rose, Holdo.

3 months would be Nov correct? How about the vets? That makes it pretty equal I'd say. 5 to 6 and the DS toons are a bit worse... seems fair.

The vets were in August. The Character Strategy Index at the top of this subforum has all the recent releases in order. Over the last six months (August-January) we've seen six new LS characters (Vets, BB8, RJT, Holdo, Rose) and nine new DS characters (Talzin, NSZ, NSS, KRU, Wampa, Starck, IPD, FOE, FOSFTFP). I'd say DS comes out a bit ahead on that.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Rickersby wrote: »

RJT, Rose, Holdo.

The Vets were made farmable in November, not released. Nice try though. :smile:
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2018

RJT, Rose, Holdo.

You're right, I forgot about the DS TB toons. So let's look at the actual releases from an ability to use perspective:

KRU - not effective
    FOSF - not effective
    Wampa - good, but very difficult to get
    IPD - good, but even more difficult to get
    Starck - not effective
    FOX - not effective

Now let's look at the LS toons
    JTR - The best toon in the game right now, leader of the meta
    Holdo - Fantastic, will easily fit into the meta
    Rose - not effective (my estimation at least -- may end up being good)

I would easily give up all of those kitten DS toons for those fewer LS toons.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • Minowara wrote: »

RJT, Rose, Holdo.

You're right, I forgot about the DS TB toons. So let's look at the actual releases from an ability to use perspective:

KRU - not effective
    FOSF - not effective
    Wampa - good, but very difficult to get
    IPD - good, but even more difficult to get
    Starck - not effective
    FOX - not effective

Now let's look at the LS toons
    JTR - The best toon in the game right now, leader of the meta
    Holdo - Fantastic, will easily fit into the meta
    Rose - not effective (my estimation at least -- may end up being good)

I would easily give up all of those **** DS toons for those fewer LS toons.

FOX is amazing in HAAT and TB, also helped FO in arena just not amazing on defense.

Wampa is by far one of the best toons in the game and can 1v5 in TB, and also allowed for a full solo of the entire HAAT.

IPD is great, improved Empire effectiveness by a ton and brought about a counter to R2's stealth. Will passively be farmed to 7* in a couple of months by most guilds. Seen in arena.

Starck - Is definitely effective and improved the troopers faction. Also seen in arena.

KRU - underwhelming but brought about a way for FO lovers to stay top 50 in arena.

Oh hey and since you decided to say how difficult it is to get the DS toons but not the LS let me add that JTR required a legendary toon and two 16 energy cantina nodes and anyone who didn't pay didn't get unless they're top 10 in arena everyday. While Holdo won't be useful without her.

Also quit pretending like Arena is the only area in the game and that meta is all that matters. The arena is the most diverse its been in a long time, with Empire, Nightsisters, Rebels and Resistance being everywhere I'm fine with Resistance having an actual good tank instead of GK who pretty much does the same thing.