Character Strategy- Rose Tico

2Next

Replies

• Yo chill, they are trying their best. go make your own star wars game.

That would be illegal. EA has exclusive licensing rights to Star Wars games
  • Ugh. So lame.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Stop with the [redacted] light side already.

CG: 'Releases 3 LS toons in the last 3 months comparison to the last 6 DS toons'

You: 'What is with all the LS toons, CG biased to LS etc etc etc.'

Can you count that out for me? I'm not coming up with your same numbers. Ohh, and the LS toons are great, and the DS toons are 'meh'. Wonderful.

KRUMZ, SPFTFP, Wampa, IPD, Starck, FOX.

RJT, Rose, Holdo.

But hey if you wanna go a little extra further back its Nightsisters and BB-8 so I guess its 8 DS toons for 4 LS toons. I get it though, the Wampa is obviously quite meh, same with Talzin. What can you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're right, I forgot about the DS TB toons. So let's look at the actual releases from an ability to use perspective:

KRU - not effective
    FOSF - not effective
    Wampa - good, but very difficult to get
    IPD - good, but even more difficult to get
    Starck - not effective
    FOX - not effective

Now let's look at the LS toons
    JTR - The best toon in the game right now, leader of the meta
    Holdo - Fantastic, will easily fit into the meta
    Rose - not effective (my estimation at least -- may end up being good)

I would easily give up all of those **** DS toons for those fewer LS toons.

FOX is amazing in HAAT and TB, also helped FO in arena just not amazing on defense.

Wampa is by far one of the best toons in the game and can 1v5 in TB, and also allowed for a full solo of the entire HAAT.

IPD is great, improved Empire effectiveness by a ton and brought about a counter to R2's stealth. Will passively be farmed to 7* in a couple of months by most guilds. Seen in arena.

Starck - Is definitely effective and improved the troopers faction. Also seen in arena.

KRU - underwhelming but brought about a way for FO lovers to stay top 50 in arena.

Oh hey and since you decided to say how difficult it is to get the DS toons but not the LS let me add that JTR required a legendary toon and two 16 energy cantina nodes and anyone who didn't pay didn't get unless they're top 10 in arena everyday. While Holdo won't be useful without her.

Also quit pretending like Arena is the only area in the game and that meta is all that matters. The arena is the most diverse its been in a long time, with Empire, Nightsisters, Rebels and Resistance being everywhere I'm fine with Resistance having an actual good tank instead of GK who pretty much does the same thing.

So who is stretching now? Fox is very good in HAAT. In TB he doesn't add much more than FO already had (he basically just replaced FOTP in a team that was already able to 4/4 phase 6).

I don't know that Wampa is by far one of the best toons in the game. He's very good. He's a good counter to a few arena teams that are about to die out anyway. So there has been a full solo of the HAAT? Can you show me the video? I've seen 40 mil HAAT vids with him, but I haven't seen a full solo yet.

On IPD your comments are interesting. He has improved empire effectiveness, and he is good, as I said. Will passively be farmed to 7* by most guilds in a couple of months is interesting. A couple is 2 (and a few is 3). So by March most guilds will have him 7*? You do realize that we had 1 DS TB in December and 1 DS TB in January, right? Most guilds are getting less than 10 shards per DS TB currently. So let's be generous and 20 shards per TB. So hmm, let's assume 40 already (yeah right), and at a rate of 20 per TB, it will take 14 months. That quite different than 2.

Starck makes a mediocre team a little bit better. He only shows up in Arena for quickly killing nightsisters before he is whisked away with the rest of the troopers team, because as you know, they are not up to arena par. I would also argue that the troopers team was already quite good at doing what it did and he has not improved them much. So yes, he is ineffective at being a great new release. He is mediocre.

So 2/6 dark side toons were good, but not great, and 2 of 3 LS toons are instant meta. Yeah, there is reason for complaint.

BTW thank you for the small edit Kozi : )
  • Is she Vulcan? Seriously, she looks Vulcan. I swear I see pointy ears. Will there be a sub-forum for this cause crossover toons are just wrong, IMO
  • I am so farming her to 7* and gonna laugh my butt off for all the haters as her kit is actually very competitive.
  • FieldL wrote: »
    So people don’t complain about it under holdo’s post. If the actress is prettier you will like her right?

No, but if she was a good actor that wasn't written into a bland plot with boring characteristics, then MAYBE she would've been likable.
  • I am so farming her to 7* and gonna laugh my butt off for all the haters as her kit is actually very competitive.

That doesn't make her terrible character any better.

That doesn't make her terrible character any better.

Don’t care about her acting or performance on screen. It could be Mr Hanky with her kit and it’s still a good kit. What the kit’s wrapped in, who cares? If her kit was Jawa Engineer, I’d be happy, too.
  • A rose by any other name kits-out as sweet
  • Her kit looks similar to that of Bistan. Gaining turnmeter and removing turnmeter
  • Yo chill, they are trying their best. go make your own star wars game.

We've seen better from them, so I know this is not their best.
  • In the gifs, she's L85 and G12 hitting Phasma, who's L78 and G8. I have no idea what their mods are, and Phasma has defense up, but her basic only crits for about 4900 damage, and her second special crits for about 4100. Her first special isn't an attack at all.

Can comebody please explain why she's labeled an attacker, and not support? I mean.... her entire kit screams 'support'.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    In the gifs, she's L85 and G12 hitting Phasma, who's L78 and G8. I have no idea what their mods are, and Phasma has defense up, but her basic only crits for about 4900 damage, and her second special crits for about 4100. Her first special isn't an attack at all.

Can comebody please explain why she's labeled an attacker, and not support? I mean.... her entire kit screams 'support'.

Because she's got +10% offense for each expose enemy, making her a good attacker in a resistance team.
  • Adding 50% offense to nearly nonexistent offense isn't going to make her hit much harder. O_o
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I’m not convinced that Rose is going to earn a spot on my JTR team. Holdo, yes. Rose? Not sure.
  • Just think how fast illuminated destiny is gonna go off with Rose and Dern on the JTR team it's gonna be hard to stop
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I think we cans safely assume that some people will like Rose and others won't.

Which is absolutely fine. Talking trash about her on here is a fairly pointless activity. If you don't like her then don't use her :) If you do, then do. Simple.
  • I will farm her to 7* just to let her die 4 times a week to score 0 damage in raids.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    ^^^ My plan exactly. I can hardly wait to kill off that kitten mary sue four times a week. Glorious!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Wait...now Rose is a "Mary Sue" (ugh) too? Hahahahahaha.

It's bad enough to use a term like that, but at least apply it to a character it could maybe possibly potentially be applied to.

Mary Sue /= Woman You Don't Like
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rose will be very Effective under new Rey lead. Very fast and with Holdo completely crazy attacker. A lot of exposes, a lot of crit dmg and a lot of tm gain. Resistance will be very hard to beat with Rose and Holdo. It is already strong on defense.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Wait...now Rose is a "Mary Sue" (ugh) too? Hahahahahaha.

It's bad enough to use a term like that, but at least apply it to a character it could maybe possibly potentially be applied to.

Mary Sue /= Woman You Don't Like

Rose IS a mary sue and that’s why I don’t like her.
    Rey is NOT a mary sue, she’s a Skywalker.

• Why is she an attacker? Both her kit and character lend her toward support
  • FieldL wrote: »
    So people don’t complain about it under holdo’s post. If the actress is prettier you will like her right?

too late for this conversation but haldo is better cause she dies
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’m not convinced that Rose is going to earn a spot on my JTR team. Holdo, yes. Rose? Not sure.

Lol, how's that working out?