Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Atrreyu wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon challenge excepted huh? Thanks for the garbage toons we all wanted.... They'll keep the bench real warm. I would have taken Watto at this point. #QuitHoldingRevanHostage #MakeTheDarkSideGreat

Honestly, if we go back to episode 1 characters.... SEBULBA!!! FTW
  • Well maybe you should think two seconds about marketing and consider that they HAVE TO hold back mny wished characters in order to keep people playing in hope of getting them eventually.
    If this game had started right away with all the characters you would have played the game for what, 6 months top and left.
    They need to throw us the big juicy bones scarcely in order to make this game last. Mainwhile they fill in the gaps with little bones.

Besides, they are not necessarily forced to listen to everyone's pleas right away. They will most likely give us Revan, but in some time. That will keep you playing (and probably spending) way longer.
  • Yuck. You really need to stop phoning it in on new characters.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    This update sucks. Why would you make the strongest arena team stronger? Holdo's kit is amazing on a JRT resistance. And FO, well... they were barely good to begin with, and now they are a lot worse. Thanks for NOTHING.

The devs are clueless. "The arena is getting too diverse! I know, let's make the strongest team stronger!!!"

I'm sure February will be yet another disappointment for us dark side players.

HOW MUCH MORE DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT WE DONT WANT OR NEED ANY MORE OVERPOWERED LIGHT SIDE CHARACTERS!!!!
  • Pass. That’s all they can come up with? Ridiculous. Come on
  • What did you guys expect them to do? Ignore major characters from the movie? Be ticked
    Minowara wrote: »
    This update sucks. Why would you make the strongest arena team stronger? Holdo's kit is amazing on a JRT resistance. And FO, well... they were barely good to begin with, and now they are a lot worse. Thanks for NOTHING.

The devs are clueless. "The arena is getting too diverse! I know, let's make the strongest team stronger!!!"

I'm sure February will be yet another disappointment for us dark side players.

HOW MUCH MORE DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT WE DONT WANT OR NEED ANY MORE OVERPOWERED LIGHT SIDE CHARACTERS!!!!

The conspiracy theorist in me says they designed this to obviously make the meta stronger, so people will feel like they have to get these characters or be left behind. Then they release this big February package that blows up the meta and opens up arena.

If I decide to buy Holdo I’m sure the above will happen. If I don’t she will dominate arena for 5 months. I guess I’m not sure why I say if I buy her. I’m a little sour about Talzin, so I don’t expect I’ll be spending until that wears off.
  • Atrreyu
    130 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    CorgiWolf wrote: »
    Atrreyu wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon challenge excepted huh? Thanks for the garbage toons we all wanted.... They'll keep the bench real warm. I would have taken Watto at this point. #QuitHoldingRevanHostage #MakeTheDarkSideGreat

You do realize that the "challenge accepted" was meant for the february update, right?

Clearly I do. What are we getting a long overdue rework. Yeah most likely, apart from that we need dark side toons that can actually compete against the rebel scum. Yet they are hell bent on giving out worthless content. Two garbage characters that had been filler in the movie and filler here. Because you dress a kitten up doesn't take away that it's still a kitten.
  • Minowara wrote: »

I like the Light Side characters, and I use them in the arena. I’ll take all the overpowered LS releases I can get. So I’m not sure who you’re including in “we.”
  • I do believe that the devs stated they look for "holes" in the character line ups and try to fill in gaps. So they just released a resistance tank with JTRey - why release another resistance tank? Why model said resistance tank after someone who probably has never tanked anything but a ship? Into other ships. Why not make a resistance Leia that would pair with JTRey? #tanksfornothingCG.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »

I like the Light Side characters, and I use them in the arena. I’ll take all the overpowered LS releases I can get. So I’m not sure who you’re including in “we.”

Well yeah, of course the person who runs the JTR team in arena and benefits directly from Holdo will say that : ) The problem is they are squelching the other viable teams out. Basically it will be JTR or 'sorry, you suck'.
  • Ok been prepping fer about 6 hours... where is ma update?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Reven85 wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    What a lame update and past couple days. Killed the Revan rumors. Added the two crappiest characters of all time to the game. Now instead of Revan we are getting a rework that we should already have. Epic fail.

Wiulh you rather have jar jar

Actually yes. I would rather have Salacious Crumb over Rose.
  • Would anyone like fries with their salt or just an extra serve of salt on the side?

1. This is not the "challenge accepted" update.

2. This is not the QOL update.

3. Those who paid for a MT headstart - you got a headstart.

4. If they release all the most wanted characters now, what's left to look forward to?

5. Of course the new toons will make JTR stronger. They're desperate to break the "win on attack, lose on defense" cycle, especially after the claim of improved AI for JTR.

6. Lists are annoying.

7. Was too lazy to construct proper sentences and paragraphs.

8. Returning to a clearer and simplified release cadence was the right move.

9. Yay Palp rework.

10. Yay 2 more ships to give more options for fleets.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Would anyone like fries with their salt or just an extra serve of salt on the side?

1. This is not the "challenge accepted" update.

2. This is not the QOL update.

3. Those who paid for a MT headstart - you got a headstart.

4. If they release all the most wanted characters now, what's left to look forward to?

5. Of course the new toons will make JTR stronger. They're desperate to break the "win on attack, lose on defense" cycle, especially after the claim of improved AI for JTR.

6. Lists are annoying.

7. Was too lazy to construct proper sentences and paragraphs.

8. Returning to a clearer and simplified release cadence was the right move.

9. Yay Palp rework.

10. Yay 2 more ships to give more options for fleets.

hyu8uz2hrn2q.gif
  • Atrreyu wrote: »

Honestly, if we go back to episode 1 characters.... SEBULBA!!! FTW

Sebulba could actually be an interesting scoundrel
  • 4. If they release all the most wanted characters now, what's left to look forward to?
    using them. Using them in arena. Using them in TW. Using them in TB. Using them in events. Using them in raids. Using them in GW. Using them in nodes.

I don't know about you but my joy in this game comes from the playing part, not the farming part. The farming part is what is boring to me. I look forward to ways to use my characters, not new ones to farm. So releasing the most wanted characters would keep me, and many others from burning out on farming unwanted ones , to them have to play with unwanted ones in lots of game modes.
  • Love the double tap chance on Rose’s basic. It really captures that sharpshooter vibe we all got from seeing her in the movie.
  • Lol I think CG did us a favor to protect us. They knew Disney/ lucasfilm would force them into their games so they made them irrelevant to save us :) thanks cg for having our backs !
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    At least make a non kitten character OP, if you are going to change meta in arena make it a character that isnt utter kitten. Plus we get the worst character in Star Wars history to boot(yes I will take jar jar any day over Rose), i think i will just not do the marquee events, i have no desire for characters i was hoping would kick the bucket during the entire movie(thankfully one did)
  • Sneekypete wrote: »
    Lol I think CG did us a favor to protect us. They knew Disney/ lucasfilm would force them into their games so they made them irrelevant to save us :) thanks cg for having our backs !

Did you not see Holdo kit? That is not irrelevant my friend. That is OP. That is the upcoming JTR meta . She is a better, faster tank than GK, and will get resistance faction bonus, and helps keep BB8 alive.
  • Awesome! :) I’m really excited about Rose and Holdo, they both look great.
  • Wolly wrote: »
    You know what guys? You did it. Your INSUFFERABLE whining over these characters has made me search for my old EA login details just so I can post this ONE thing:

Thank you so much team, I love Rose and Holdo even more and I'm so happy you didn't cave to the angry man children who have been endlessly complaining since the movie came out. Thank. You.

And really looking forward to the Dark Side reveal next month!

This^^^^^
  • Kyngzilla wrote: »
    I'm just here to see the man babies cry about these toons.

Lol!! Me too. I cant wait to crush other teams with them. It will feel soooo gooood!
  • @CG_Kozispoon I fully expect a Disney Big Thunder Mountain Railroad tie in with Holdo. When she becomes a capital ship commander her special needs to be “Hold in to your hats and glasses” ‘cause this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness. (Galaxy May be substituted for Wilderness).
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Update has been pushed. Keep an eye out for that client restart!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kyngzilla wrote: »
    I'm just here to see the man babies cry about these toons.

Lol!! Me too. I cant wait to crush other teams with them. It will feel soooo gooood!

Just you wait until the Tusken meta comes and then I’ll be able to crush you...

Don't blame me if you are annoyed at me - blame yourself for even looking at me. You pessimist!
  • I know there are other posts about this already and multiple comments on the mega thread of today’s update (including mine) but I want to have my say on this, and it is not just a complain, I want to explain the main reasons why it seems unfair.

First, obviously I have MT 7 stars, it cost me around 40k crystals.
    I want to explain now why I bought her and how CG has throw down the toilet my reasons with his update...
    1. I love the mechanic of night sisters, so even though they can be defeated on defense, they were pretty strong on offense even against Jedi Training Rey
    2. CG stated MT wasn’t going to go through the normal new char cadence, so I said to myself, at least this will be a character that not most people will have so I wouldn’t have to be bored by having the same as most and battling against teams identical as mine
    3. The special event that if you have her 7 stars you will be able to get from 2-4 Zs at least once a month, so that could be an advantage to me if most of the players could have her

With this update, Holdo seems pretty anti night sisters, so she will be killing my number one reason cause I won’t be able to stay on top of the arena now that is plagued with JTR teams

Now everyone will be able to have her so your advantage of having a unique Character that only 20% of the top 100 had at the most, is now dead, that flies away with my number 2 reason

And the Z advantage, we have only had one event since the first one and now everyone will be able to do it or a lot will be able to do it for the next round, bye bye number 3 advantage...

People will probably say that this will eventually happens with every character and I shouldn’t be complaining, but they clearly stated a pretty good amount of time advantage, so I pay for her to HAVE that advantage.. again 40k crystals...

So that’s my piece and again, I feel like I was deceived by CG to commit 40k crystals worth of real money for them now changing their mind...
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    How much of your spending was after the October post that's being linked in all these threads saying that Talzin may go into shipments in the future?
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Seriously Holdo ? At least give her a ship.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    They also originally said that MT/Wicket wouldn't be much longer than the usual hard node so either way it's a miscalculation.

MT is in shipments. It's still going to take 2-3 or so months to get her from 4* to 7* and that's for people who want to spend all their resources. Anyone who gets it quicker either paid for crystals or are picking up a buttload of crystals from fleet/arena everyday which wouldn't be the majority.

TLDR - by the time most F2P start to get her at 7* and geared it will be 6+ months since release. I don't see the issue.