Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Atrreyu wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon challenge excepted huh? Thanks for the garbage toons we all wanted.... They'll keep the bench real warm. I would have taken Watto at this point. #QuitHoldingRevanHostage #MakeTheDarkSideGreat

Yeah, how dare they give us free content with the promise of more stuff in just a couple weeks.
  • I’m 100% with this. Why pay the money to have a cool shiny toon that everyone 3-4 months that was considered exclusive?
  • Rose and holdo release, meh
    Kylo Ren Unmasked now farmable, sweet.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    They also originally said that MT/Wicket wouldn't be much longer than the usual hard node so either way it's a miscalculation.

MT is in shipments. It's still going to take 2-3 or so months to get her from 4* to 7* and that's for people who want to spend all their resources. Anyone who gets it quicker either paid for crystals or are picking up a buttload of crystals from fleet/arena everyday which wouldn't be the majority.

TLDR - by the time most F2P start to get her at 7* and geared it will be 6+ months since release. I don't see the issue.

For those that spent on a 7* Talzin, earning 700+ crystals a day is probably normal. It could easily be farmed in a month.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    How long should you get it for? You make it sound like MT will show up in shipments with a one click 7* option.

The only people getting MT to 7* are those who spend. The rest will take a couple of months.

Is a 6 month advantage not enough?
  • Where does it end for those who pay X amount of money to have something first? Because you paid that money and just now FTP players get to start farming her that is unfair? To quote Mr. Spock (ironically as it may be on a Star Wars forum) “It is illogical”
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Don’t bother countering their complaints with Logic. These complaints can change nothing now and there’s not going to be any compensation, so just give them some space to vent. Countering their complaints is just going to fuel their frustration and rage and cause them to spam more posts.
  • I’m 100% with this. Why pay the money to have a cool shiny toon that everyone 3-4 months that was considered exclusive?

That’s how it works with every marquee toon....
    How long should you get it for? You make it sound like MT will show up in shipments with a one click 7* option.

The only people getting MT to 7* are those who spend. The rest will take a couple of months.

Did you even read the OP? It’s not about the time. It’s about the zetas. I wouldn’t care if they said the event was going to run daily in February so everyone would have a 7* Talzin by the end of the month. It would mean those that bought her would get our expected zeta advantage. That zeta advantage appears to have significantlly shrunk.
  • Oh boo whoo,so you spent real money to get these toons 7*,so hows that fair to everybody else for TB when required for platoons and cant fill slots,if only way to get these is pay real money then they need to take these toons out of TB
  • Oh boo whoo,so you spent real money to get these toons 7*,so hows that fair to everybody else for TB when required for platoons and cant fill slots,if only way to get these is pay real money then they need to take these toons out of TB

Uhm, because paying players make it so everyone else can play this game for free. You’re welcome?
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Uu
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Did you even read the OP? It’s not about the time. It’s about the zetas. I wouldn’t care if they said the event was going to run daily in February so everyone would have a 7* Talzin by the end of the month. It would mean those that bought her would get our expected zeta advantage. That zeta advantage appears to have significantlly shrunk.

Yes I read it. Cheers, always good to double check that.

Of course it's about time because the event ran/runs on a schedule. Any perceived advantage would have been calculated by the event running over time. It was never stated that it would be a 2 year farm that was the assumption based on forum calculation (and the frequency of events ceetainly helped to fuel it).

You pay for an immediate advantage - immediate. That's what you get when buying a toon. There's never any written agreement that you will get x amount of days, weeks, months advantage.

Of course it's about time because the event ran/runs on a schedule. Any perceived advantage would have been calculated by the event running over time. It was never stated that it would be a 2 year farm that was the assumption based on forum calculation (and the frequency of events ceetainly helped to fuel it).

You pay for an immediate advantage - immediate. That's what you get when buying a toon. There's never any written agreement that you will get x amount of days, weeks, months advantage.

No, but it was stated that it would only be farmable from her event. It would not got to traditional methods, which has now changed. We knew that, regardless of how long it took the events to run, we were getting a zeta advantage. If she went F2P quicker, that just means we got the zetas faster. Now she is going to be available elsewhere which means we don’t get the zeta advantage we thought we were playing for.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

No, but it was stated that it would only be farmable from her event. It would not got to traditional methods, which has now changed. We knew that, regardless of how long it took the events to run, we were getting a zeta advantage. If she went F2P quicker, that just means we got the zetas faster. Now she is going to be available elsewhere which means we don’t get the zeta advantage we thought we were playing for.

It was also stated that it could go into shipments in future with no defined time frame given.

If MT was going straight into cantina then yeah I would agree but shipments still cost crystals or real money to get her in a meaningful time frame. You'll still get a healthy zeta advantage over the majority of F2P provided they run the events in a timely manner (which admittedly hasn't been great up to this point.)
  • Casca
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Go back and look at the original posts again when they released the plague upon the world
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I spent on MT I don't give a flying giraffe about them putting her into shipments for 80 crystals a shard, it has given me an advantage, and will still give me an advantage for the next couple of months, only ones who will benefit from it fast, is those who regretted not spending on her in the first place and it will most likely cost them more then us who got her 7* from the packs, as RNG is also a factor in shipments and the refresh isn't cheap
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    The two worst characters in this entire saga.

Well, Finns character is the sole worse character in my book still. All he wants to do is run away to the edge of the galaxy, never to be seen again. His zeta in the game is amazing though.
  • Following this I think the next character to come out will be the kid with the broom stick at the end of the movie.
  • So, for the next BB8 event..... i could farm Kylo unmasked instead of FOST? Yes?
  • Presaria wrote: »
    So, for the next BB8 event..... i could farm Kylo unmasked instead of FOST? Yes?

You should yes. I would do it too but I'm already at 6* with FOST :(
  • That is a bit of my problem....halfway to 6*....decisions...decisions
  • This is all great, and super excited about FO toons, but can’t say enough times that we NEED more ds toons and we need ds reworks to make ds Tb managable.

Everyone, including myself, wants to see vader, ep and gg reworked so that they’re actually viable. But more urgently we need a bounty hunter rework and/or more bounty hunter. Anything, just please throw is a DS bone!
  • Gmytrix wrote: »
    so with this update new meta is coming: Jedi Rey, bb8 r2 Holdo and Rose. Women with droids:).

Fembots?

• We still need snoke, hux and Pretorian guardian before moving on. Maybe they can be released with the other sith reworks they must be coming up
  • @CG_Kozispoon I fully expect a Disney Big Thunder Mountain Railroad tie in with Holdo. When she becomes a capital ship commander her special needs to be “Hold in to your hats and glasses” ‘cause this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness. (Galaxy May be substituted for Wilderness).

• Well, I guess it's like Snoke said, "Darkness rises and the light to meet it...then 2 more legendary LS characters, and two other LS characters to make them even stronger so the Darkness just gets the bejeezus kicked out of it for another 2 years".

What's the big February release? Zetas for Chaze, Wiggs, Lando and Jedi rework??

Just a friendly reminder : there's a DS....you know, that TB that's the hardest end-game content you've got? You've heard of it, right?

If you really needed to cram TLJ characters down our throats, you could have at least made them DS.

S. M. H.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • When will you add the Inquisitors to the game from Rebels? We have the Phoenix Squadron, but still no Inquisitors. It's a real shame...
  • I don’t like thatis useless player résistant
    All that to satisfy 20% of ... Who have rey, well c I will stay polite or I will ..
  • JarJarMIA wrote: »
    Excited to see Holdo! Hoping for a capital ship to follow. Also, screw the Rose hate! She was a good addition to the series.

At least she had screen time in the film, something that can not be said about that Revan dude...