Chimarea comin back nxt week? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Nunki wrote: »
    EA what are You planing to do with guys who reached Flag ships home one and Chimera without required ships? Delete accounts or delete ships? One guy is high in ships (top5/top15) because of that cheat or bug.

Doesn't look like they're doing anything. Ignore it long enough and people will stop complaining and forget about it.

"Greetings Heroes!

We're sorry to hear that players have found an exploit of the Territory Battle's Chimaera Platoon requirement Deployment mechanic. Please know that we have logs of those who choose to engage in this exploitative behavior. Per our terms of service: https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

6. Rules of Conduct
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Please know that we will be taking action accounts found to have engaging with this exploit.

We hope everyone else enjoys the challenge of the new Territory Battle. chimaeras without farming

Fight on!"
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Nunki wrote: »
    EA what are You planing to do with guys who reached Flag ships home one and Chimera without required ships? Delete accounts or delete ships? One guy is high in ships (top5/top15) because of that cheat or bug.

Doesn't look like they're doing anything. Ignore it long enough and people will stop complaining and forget about it.

"Greetings Heroes!

We're sorry to hear that players have found an exploit of the Territory Battle's Chimaera Platoon requirement Deployment mechanic. Please know that we have logs of those who choose to engage in this exploitative behavior. Per our terms of service: https://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

6. Rules of Conduct
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

Well, I for one didn't realize it was a bug. I went in to get a four star Chimaera, then after that I noticed the five star Chimaera was open for business so I assumed you didn't NEED five ships to participate. The requirements just said Ghost (5-star), Phantom (5-star) and Rebel Ships (5-star). It didn't say THREE Rebel Ships.
    I believe mod challenges are the same way (until you get to 5-pips). It's absurd to punish people for unknowingly using a bug.

Several of my guildmates didn't realize it was an exploit either. I definitely appreciate the plight of everyone who did it the proper way, but I guarantee you the majority of people who illicitly got Chimaera did so not knowing it was a bug. So while I'd support EA removing Chimaeras from the offending accounts, I'd only support such an action if they also refunded the credits and ability materials that people spent on them.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The horse has gotten out of the barn and run away.

"We'll get right to work on closing that barn door in a few months so it won't happen again!"
  • EvgeniKessel
    220 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    “Look over here!! Speculation on characters we won’t release yet!! New characters from TLJ!! Moving new shards into the (pay for crystals) store!! Shirtless Kylo on a Cantina node!! Cryptic teases that reinforce speculation or hint at future updates to drive MORE speculation!!”

That oughta take their minds off the Chimera event requirements screw up ...
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    I think we can close this thread now."next week" had come and gone.
  • Options
    Yup seems most ppl have already forgot about it or they are part of the crowd tht wants u to forget about it cuz thts how they got their chimarea lol. Obviously at this point nuthin was or is bein done about it so all i can do now is be glad atleast my guild mates were able to take advantage of it. I will enjoy my hard earned 7* chimarea an take pride in knowing i earned it the hard way. Im sure the ones tht got it the easy way will bash us n say we are just upset we couldn’t get it the easy way.
  • Options
    At least the CHS/20,000 crystal debacle, while still a mess, had something that could be considered an explanation given. This issue has just been largely ignored, which is more than a little frustration.
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Can we get an indication that the devs intend to do anything at all to remedy the issue of illegitimate ships playing in competitive game modes?

Enforcing the requirements on future events is all well and good; but allowing counterfeit ships already released to continue competing against legitimate ones for currency & progress is pretty outrageous.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Can we get an indication that the devs intend to do anything at all to remedy the issue of illegitimate ships playing in competitive game modes?

Enforcing the requirements on future events is all well and good; but allowing counterfeit ships already released to continue competing against legitimate ones for currency & progress is pretty outrageous.

You left space dock without a tractor beam?!?

You left space dock without shuttles?!?!

You left space dock without torpedoes!!!?

Lemme guess, they’ll be delivered soon just like a dev response! Soon!
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • Options

I'm pretty sure concerns like these need to be posted in the appropriate thread on the EA bugs forum. It appears that unless a thread crosses a certain threshold of user responses, the issue does not get elevated and therefore never gets seen by anybody with the power to address it. Tell your friends, spread the word!
  • Options

The remedy to the vault discount fiasco was to ignore everyone for weeks and then say 'we're looking into it', then ignore everyone for a few more weeks and then when they realized people won't just drop it gave a response. I expect the response here will be roughly the same. Something to the effect of 'sorry 'bout ya, buy some packs and get better stuff'.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    #compensation
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya,
    This has been replied to in the respective topic via Answers HQ. While it may not be the response you wish to hear, we're always open to feedback on how to better improve events and content going forward.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.