Character Strategy- Vice Admiral Holdo

Replies

• I think people are overreacting to the +50 Speed. I think it’s a new way to make taunts fast, but only when they aren’t taunting so they don’t waste their taunt. What if she is 95 speed base? +50 won’t be OP.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    On the bright side, it looks like the artists finally managed to get a human female toon to look right. Holdo's model managed to avoid the uncanny valley.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I think people are overreacting to the +50 Speed. I think it’s a new way to make taunts fast, but only when they aren’t taunting so they don’t waste their taunt. What if she is 95 speed base? +50 won’t be OP.

If she was 95 base speed you could easily get her to 195 + the 50. That's significantly faster, if not faster than anyone's GK's. Plus her abilities?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    What are the cooldown of the special?

Whoop- lemme add those in. Nice catch!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    I think people are overreacting to the +50 Speed. I think it’s a new way to make taunts fast, but only when they aren’t taunting so they don’t waste their taunt. What if she is 95 speed base? +50 won’t be OP.

If she was 95 base speed you could easily get her to 195 + the 50. That's significantly faster, if not faster than anyone's GK's. Plus her abilities?

Kenobi, sure. But first off, you are still arguing a random number (what if it’s 40 base speed??), and second off why can’t she be faster than Kenobi. Paploo has the same mechanic except it’s 25% Speed, which ends up being more than 50 if you have elite arena mods on him.
  • CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Zaris is dead long live the new zaris..hodor is it holdo not sure on that but i'm building her the altar now

It's going to give her +50 to start off though so she's faster to land AOE daze on enemy...even with 95 base that'd put her at 145 combined to start off a match, which would make her the 2nd fastest tank in the game behind Poe.
  • People are being upset about the +50 speed, but from what I can tell she can't control her taunt--she only taunts when an ally loses foresight. So her being faster that Poe or another tank is irrelevant. If anything it's the relative -50 speed while taunting that's strong because it'll make her taunt last longer.
  • For a sneak peek at their kits, please be sure to give the Character Strategy posts, linked below, a looksee.
    Admiral Holdo

she is vice admiral^^
    a little smaller mistake than commander luke in your game
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    jedilord wrote: »
    For a sneak peek at their kits, please be sure to give the Character Strategy posts, linked below, a looksee.
    Admiral Holdo

she is vice admiral^^
    a little smaller mistake than commander luke in your game
    tenor.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • would have prefered jar jar at this point
  • TorukMakto wrote: »
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    nice. very nice. some weird admiral from the resistance is more powerful and useful than KRU or Kylo ren, the amazing villian of the movie.
    wth wrong with you CG. stop with the resistance/rebel/LS being so strong compared to DS. jeez.
    i hope no one will farm her or rose, and you'll lose any money you hoped to get from those hates characters.

they need money new year and not many chars sold, their 1st quarter start is awfull :smiley:

They could fix that by doing stuff people actually want, like balancing the game, and not creating even more power creep. Separatists, Bounty Hunters and some droids are LOOONG past due for reworks and zetas. Notice I didn't include any light side characters in that list (that's because light side doesn't need anymore buffs/characters for a long time, even some jedi).
  • This is absurd. A new character who did basically nothing in the movie is more powerful than basically any sith or Jedi? Ridiculous
  • People are being upset about the +50 speed, but from what I can tell she can't control her taunt--she only taunts when an ally loses foresight. So her being faster that Poe or another tank is irrelevant. If anything it's the relative -50 speed while taunting that's strong because it'll make her taunt last longer.

R2, moving at like 350+ speed, will stealth everyone and she will start taunting essentially. Plus RJT squads have non-stop foresight currently and Holdo will give them more - so she will be taunting a lot because you're always having to fight through foresight.
  • Overpowered much? So dumb. EA jumped the shark w this one.
  • Cant wait to add her to my team!!!
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So she’s pretty much replacing Finn and Poe. It sounds like they are hinting she works well with Maul, R2 is obvious because of his Tag, but CG.

JTR, B.B.-8, R2, Rose and Holdo. It’s gonna hurt, a lot.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So she’s pretty much replacing Finn and Poe. It sounds like they are hinting she works well with Maul, R2 is obvious because of his Tag, but CG.

JTR, B.B.-8, R2, Rose and Holdo. It’s gonna hurt, a lot.

as long as GK isn't in there as well...that would just be terrible. NOBODY GET ANY IDEAS!
  • Actually I was thinking Maul Lead, R2, Holdo, GK, JTR.

Maybe play with Holdo’s positioning a little, Holdo, R2 burn, GK, BB-8 / JTR, CLS or Thrawn.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    She is a tank? She doesn't look 'tanky'...
    And her kit looks as good as that of chirrut and baze combined

I'm pretty sure
    Jrey, bb8, r2, Gk, holdo will be the meta?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    She is a tank? She doesn't look 'tanky'...
    And her kit looks as good as that of chirrut and baze combined

I'm pretty sure
    Jrey, bb8, r2, Gk, holdo will be the meta?

Jrey, bb8, r2 +2 is already the meta
  • I know and I specified the +2 that will be the meta of meta
  • check swgoh.gg, already has her stats.
    HP and PROT like Kenobi.
    Defense and resistance - not so much.
    Base speed: 90.

• Platzman wrote: »
    check swgoh.gg, already has her stats.
    HP and PROT like Kenobi.
    Defense and resistance - not so much.
    Base speed: 90.

Lol that's relief at least. But she will be still good.
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha in Ahnalds vid he specifically states that she only taunts when a res ally looses foresight that was granted by holdo... so she won't be taunting as much as feared.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Taramel wrote: »
    @JohnnySteelAlpha in Ahnalds vid he specifically states that she only taunts when a res ally looses foresight that was granted by holdo... so she won't be taunting as much as feared.

à la Kanan ...
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Taramel wrote: »
    @JohnnySteelAlpha in Ahnalds vid he specifically states that she only taunts when a res ally looses foresight that was granted by holdo... so she won't be taunting as much as feared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WnHXvNDMw

Check at the 9:15 mark of the video....earlier he says that he's 90% sure of that...but the video actually proves it's any foresight lost. In this particular battle Holdo hadn't used her basic yet, so all the foresight on REsistance was from other sources. Yet, when DN does his aoe and takes all the foresight from Res Holdo's taunt procs. So per the video at least, she does taunt on all foresight lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDqVV3fC48

6:11 of MG video also....it's pretty clear she taunts when foresight from any source is lost on a resistance ally.
  • Unique: QUIET CONFIDENCE
    • (Includes ZETA Upgrades): When another Resistance ally loses Foresight, Amilyn Holdo gains Taunt for 1 turn and Recovers 10% Health. While Amilyn Holdo doesn't have Taunt, she has +50 speed and all other Resistance allies have +20% Critical Avoidance.
    • [ZETA]: When another Resistance ally loses Foresight, Amilyn Holdo gains Taunt for 1 turn and Recovers 10% Health. While Amilyn Holdo doesn't have Taunt, all other Resistance allies have +20% Critical Avoidance.

The part that I put in bold/italic is wrong in the original post. She already has taunt on the ability from level 1. This makes it seem like you need the zeta for her to gain taunt. If that is indeed the case then the in game description is wrong.
  • Taramel wrote: »

Ahnald was mistaken. Check the in-game ability text, anytime a resistance ally loses foresight, Holdo gains taunt.
  • Does her taunt work through stun? I am wondering if she is stunned and someone else loses foresight, will she still taunt or does stun prevent specials?