February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    The key word here is unnatural. It would be unnatural for the devs to give us toons we actually want. Therefore it's obvious that jango and Jabba are coming next.

What.. Wait.. Who dosen’t want Jabba?? :(

Isn't the tiny amount of story to this game that we're playing against Jabba? I'd rather they add a territory war once a year where you play against Jabba and his team and the rewards are significantly better. Or something to that affect.
    I think that is just galactic war

Maybe the old version of GW when it could still require some effort and allowed for testing against meta level teams. Now GW is just a 10-15 minute time sink to play manually. Many just auto through it and collect the rewards. Seeing as most players who have been around 1+ years have already 7* all of the viable characters in THAT shop, the currency isn't really all the valuable anymore except as shard shop currency. And THAT shop is also not as good as it used to be.

Our current GW? Just.......no.

No , as in when you first unlock galactic war, and before that, Jabba is sitting there, and he will say something like " only the best can compete with me" or something

It's either galactic war or ships. Can't remember

Ahh... You mean in the animation....pretty sure it's before the ships tutorial. Been a while so I don't really remember.

I believe it's before GW, but it was just some random Hutt, not Jabba specifically.
  • I'm hoping for a Bounty Hunter Rework with 3 new bounty hunters, Jango and Bossk, and I want to see Jabba as a leader for the bounty hunters. We have a creature in the wampa, why not a sentient slug too? Truth is there is a lot I hope for, but this is near the top for me, especially since Bounty Hunters are required for DSTB and as a whole, the factions kind of stinks. Not as bad as Separatists, but they aren't required for anything at the moment. Would love to see them reworked as well with some new characters added but I suspect that won't happen until they are needed for something.
  • Perhaps a hint that we're soon to get Force-Ghost-Tree-Burning-Knee-Slapping Yoda.
  • CleverWes wrote: »
    The key word here is unnatural. It would be unnatural for the devs to give us toons we actually want. Therefore it's obvious that jango and Jabba are coming next.

Isn't the tiny amount of story to this game that we're playing against Jabba? I'd rather they add a territory war once a year where you play against Jabba and his team and the rewards are significantly better. Or something to that affect.

Maybe the old version of GW when it could still require some effort and allowed for testing against meta level teams. Now GW is just a 10-15 minute time sink to play manually. Many just auto through it and collect the rewards. Seeing as most players who have been around 1+ years have already 7* all of the viable characters in THAT shop, the currency isn't really all the valuable anymore except as shard shop currency. And THAT shop is also not as good as it used to be.

No , as in when you first unlock galactic war, and before that, Jabba is sitting there, and he will say something like " only the best can compete with me" or something

Ahh... You mean in the animation....pretty sure it's before the ships tutorial. Been a while so I don't really remember.

I believe it's before GW, but it was just some random Hutt, not Jabba specifically.

Yeah, it's not Jabba. But it is a hutt.
  • I didn't have Anakin or Qui Gon when I got Yoda are they required now?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Demo1ition wrote: »
    I didn't have Anakin or Qui Gon when I got Yoda are they required now?

Any five Jedi are required for Yoda. A pack offering qgj and Anakin shards are always offered when Yoda comes around.
  • Oh well, I'm still confident the dark side February release will be something great! Rose and Hondo not withstanding.
  • Loy
    27 posts Member
    IIRC it was Ziro Hutt.
  • EPEKKA wrote: »
    I'm guessing sepritist-era republic sith rework, darth plagus, palp before episode 4, and MAYBE...
    supreme leader snoke!

Why the spoiler tag? Snoke was in TFA...
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Can we do a ships GW? XD
  • 30 Helens agree that R5D4 should be the next release
  • Any idea when the calendar will be released so perhaps people can try and start farming for certain events like Jan was posted?
  • They don't come out early anymore. Will probably be released 1/30 or 1/31.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Shots wrote: »
    Any idea when the calendar will be released so perhaps people can try and start farming for certain events like Jan was posted?

Palpatine had to come.
  • They were spending yesterday getting the update released. Today probably begins the discussion finalizing the schedule, and they will probably be done with that in time to get it up while it's still January, but I wouldn't expect anything today.
  • Monday is the 29th. Any news before that would be a surprise to me.
  • ljcool110 wrote: »
    Monday is the 29th. Any news before that would be a surprise to me.

They don't roll anything out on Mondays as well. Very rare.
  • I've said this before and it was misinterpreted: Sith is the best faction in the game from top to bottom. What I mean by that is every faction has weak or average or a bit better than average characters at the bottom. Sith's weakest characters are still pretty darn good. Top to bottom the best faction (although I suppose First Order and Resistance come close).
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    CleverWes wrote: »

Yeah, it's not Jabba. But it is a hutt.

I like to call him jabba wannabe..

He is nothing compared to mighty jabba the hutt
  • Everybody keeps saying that's a quote from Palpatine, but it isn't - he was still Darth Sidious when he said that.

And he was referring to Darth Plagueis when he said it.

I'm betting we're getting Plagueis, and I think he's going to be a sith HEALER.
  • Calling it now! Palpatine rework and Pre-Mustafar Darth Vader!
  • DarthCPA wrote: »
    Considering we have a different Han character for every outfit he wore, would it be that far-fetched for another Palpatine related to his separate identity as chancellor?

Not far-fetched at all.

As far as the Hans go, each represents a different aspect of the character which is why I don't have a problem with so many versions of him (or potentially any other character). There is actually a lot to Han Solo and you can't get it all into one or two toons.
  • Vader is getting reworked, they showed it in R2s mythic event. Here it is, or part of it at least

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrHbOmNiRg

AOE inflicts daze, DV gets crazy defence after he goes below 100% health.

Also the aoe appears to have no cooldowns but I have seen other pve units with no cooldowns when they should have.
  • Sayonara15 wrote: »
    Vader is getting reworked, they showed it in R2s mythic event. Here it is, or part of it at least

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MjrHbOmNiRg

AOE inflicts daze, DV gets crazy defence after he goes below 100% health.

Also the aoe appears to have no cooldowns but I have seen other pve units with no cooldowns when they should have.

And they showed Grievous' rework in the AAT raid :wink:
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Dagon wrote: »
    Still, Zeta Holdo gives a lot of speed.

and she needs it being she only has a max of 90 speed without mods.... that zeta will put her 1 speed under rose
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So, let's take the most hopeful scenario that can be guess from this quote alone - EP is getting zetas that make him great, and we're getting Darth Plagueis. So, what will the new Sith Lord's kit?

My go-to moment is when Palpatine tells Anikin Plagueis's story. In his words, he was a Sith that managed to learn how to avoid death and save the people who cared about him, though he could not save himself when his apprentice betrayed him. So, I'm thinking a healer/cleanser with Sith synergy, possibly revives as well... But can't target himself for any of the benefits.

Edit: typos.
  • Goodgil wrote: »
    So, let's take the most hopeful scenario that can be guess from this quote alone - EP is getting zetas that make him great, and we're getting Darth Plagueis. So, what will the new Sith Lord's kit?

My go-to moment is when Palpatine tells Anikin Plagueis's story. In his words, he was a Sith that managed to learn how to avoid death and save the people who cared about him, though he could not save himself when his apprentice betrayed him. So, I'm thinking a healer/cleanser with Sith synergy, possibly revives as well... But can't target himself for any of the benefits.

Edit: typos.

Makes me think either Sion or Plagueis, either of which could make a Sith meta
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Text in Red.... Kyber crystals for Dark side are Red.... Therefore Dark side Kyber Crystal polisher incoming.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Could also be a "Hero's Fall" event to get pre-BBQ Vader, which would be pretty cool too. If we can get a Kylo with and without his mask, I'm sure we can get sith Vader with and without his suit. But more likely a zeta on Emp P.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • This means we will get to recruit "the senate"