R2 or GAT or Tank faster?

VonZant
3843 posts Member
Running CLS GAT R2 Leia and either Chop or OB as a tank.

Right now my GAT is faster but should it be R2? I usually use GAT to swap TM with OB for mind tricks but I dont think the AI uses it that way (always fracture) Is it safer to have R2 faster?

Im in the 100-200 arena range because my gear is all g9, but at that level usually 210+ speed is fast enough to go first and I can get GAT to 225 and Chop and R2 to 210+. OB without zeta is a sturdier tank but he is SLOW even with speed mods. And Chop self heals and has lots of other benefits...

Would love some advice. Thanks.

Replies

• My r2 is 274 with my best speed mods.
    My CLS is 241 with my ok speed mods.
    My GAT is 248 with my leftover speed mods.

They ALL need to be much faster, but i would keep r2 the fastest. He has higher base speed than thrawn so if you speed down your r2 you are at risk of getting fractured before smokescreen.

I like old ben alot more than i like chopper, both for offense and for defense. OB is your only hope until you get GK. Try to get his speed above 220 or 230.

Just ignore mods that dont have speed secondary basically. I did not farm more than a couple weeks (1 week here, 1 week there) to get these speeds.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Thanks. Working on the mods now and getting some good ones. Right now I go first 90% of the time. My current problem is gear as Im g9 and everyone else near my range is g11 or 12. Leia and R2 die when CLS passes gas. ;)
  • Lol @VonZant
    Keep gearing your toons of course.
    But even if you go first 90% of the time now, you want it to be 100% of the time.
    Super speed is your best defense once your gear level is maxed.
  • Mobewan wrote: »
    My r2 is 274 with my best speed mods.

They ALL need to be much faster, but i would keep r2 the fastest. He has higher base speed than thrawn so if you speed down your r2 you are at risk of getting fractured before smokescreen.

I like old ben alot more than i like chopper, both for offense and for defense. OB is your only hope until you get GK. Try to get his speed above 220 or 230.

Just ignore mods that dont have speed secondary basically. I did not farm more than a couple weeks (1 week here, 1 week there) to get these speeds.

Why do your leftover speed mods get a character faster than your ok speed mods
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Random9
    Part of it has to do with thrawn having higher base speed.
    Part of it has to do with Thrawn cross have alot of speed but its tenacity, whereas CLS has an offense cross with less speed.
    I also have a crit damage triangle on CLS with like 5 speed, but thrawn has a protection triangle with 10 speed.
  • Mobewan wrote: »
    My r2 is 274 with my best speed mods.

I use Old Ben and just put protection primaries and secondaries on him whenever I can. He's terribly slow but a fast R2 allows me to get away with that.

My mods aren't as good as Mobewan's, but:

R2 - 256 speed (best speed and trying to get potency)
    Thrawn - 239 speed (leftover speed on mix and match mods)
    CLS - 230 speed (good mods with decent speed secondaries; emphasis on protection and CD)

That's good for top 20 on an (admittedly young) late-July 2017 shard.