Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• @MCThr33pio
    Bastila and Darth Traya are the girls I want in game
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Soooooo much hate going on, wow!!

First- CG has no choice but to add these characters. Let’s get that out of the way.

Second- Laura Dern (Holdo) is a huge actress and put on a spectacular performance!! I loved her the minute she walked in the shot even if the purple hair is a bit meh. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I was sad to see her go even if she went out like a champ. If you don’t understand the warp speed kill/ hate it, that’s also on you. If you don’t like how she handled Poe, that also on you. Her in game character is just awesome! I cannot wait to use her. To put some things into perspective, she’s slow ( I know there’s a zeta), she does no damage, and she can’t pretaunt or force a taunt. This ain’t to finish the fact that she’ll likely be taunting a lot anyway, but just to put it into perspective. Also.... Leia should be the fleet commander if everyone is assuming the Raddus is coming. The Raddus wasn’t Holdo’s ship; hers was the Ninka.

Third- rose.... I’ll give ya that one. He character is fun and energetic, but the Canto Bight story was my least fav. I don’t hate her, but can do without. Her in game character is pretty reflective of that. She need her resistance team members to do anything, and she gets even better going against FO because she hates them. Take it or leave it.

Fourth- thanks for KRU and his ship being An “easy farm”!!

Fifth- ugh FOSFTP and his ship in guild. Can we not? I can switch farms with not a lot of repercussions but Arena, cantina, and GW shops have been empty for a lot of us for months! Let’s add some old toons please. There’s plenty of old toons I don’t have becaus they’re not important that could easily be added. Jawa, Plo, Kit, Urorrorr, and others come to mind

Sixth- let’s get the rest of the movie characters in here! I can’t help but think this is taking a while. Hux, snoke, praetorian guard, bb9e, leia! And for gods sake more ships! This is not an invitation for everyone to be a 2* marquee for the love of god! ( see shops above)

Thanks for this update. Can’t wait for Feb!
  • @JediMasterGibs - you forgot DJ.

lol j/k but we are way overdue for Hux, at the least. The rest will come in time, no doubt. I hope.
  • Jeric wrote: »
    I had to dig up my own account information to add to this discussion. If you don't like Rose, the solution is simple, don't farm her. Don't waste resources on her. Focus of elements and toons to do care about.

I'd love to, but most of the toons that I do enjoy from the Star Wars universe are garbage in this game. I don't care so much that Rose and Holdo are in the game, and I'm expecting more from TLJ regardless of how horrible or great one may have thought the movie was...but with that being said I'm finding it awfully hard to get excited about this game when we have Jedi Masters, Sith Lords, assassin droids, bounty hunters, etc etc that get dominated by two characters of which I don't even recall them firing a blaster in the movie.

I'd be a lot more excited about this game going forward if we started to get a character rework for every new character added, in addition to occasional faction passes. I just think its started to get lame how many characters are junk in this game that seem to not even be on the radar to get improved. I doubt it would take a ton of resources to improve old characters with a bit more frequency, yet I bet it would be a change in design quite welcome by many players.
  • I only wonder why the frail lady is a tank and the mechanic is an attacker. Did they choose their roles with RNG?
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    @JediMasterGibs - you forgot DJ.

lol j/k but we are way overdue for Hux, at the least. The rest will come in time, no doubt. I hope.

Darn I forgot to mention I actually hated DJ! His character was rushed, had no point, literally worse than Canto Bight as a whole, and he screws the heroes at the climax. I won’t rage if we get him, but I could not care less
  • Ephran wrote: »
    Thank you for deciding for me whether I should like the movie or not. I guess I'm not a real fan anymore. Also people need to shut up about Disney not making money off TLJ. It's made 1.3 BILLION worldwide with a break even point of about 700 million. I'm sure Disney is just so concerned with your hatred of an objectively fine movie while they take a few hundred million bucks to the bank.
    About Disney profit, 1.3 billion is not sufficient for Star Wars franchise. FYI TFA made 2.0M. If TLJ was "objectively fine" movie, why did total gross drop from 2.0 to 1.3? Daily gross for TLJ box office was slightly(~12%) lower than TFA.
    If "real Star Wars fan" can love TLJ, then why can't "real Disney fan" love movies in which Disney princesses commit adultery or get divorced?

I actually enjoyed TLJ. It's just that TLJ was not worthy of Star Wars. I'm waiting for Marquee event to unlock Holdo and Rose and a chance to use them in TW Jakku. Ingame, Holdo and Rose will make good Res tank and attacker.
  • Iugh! l am not going to Activate Rose Tico, she is the worst character in the movie
  • Ephran wrote: »
    Thank you for deciding for me whether I should like the movie or not. I guess I'm not a real fan anymore. Also people need to shut up about Disney not making money off TLJ. It's made 1.3 BILLION worldwide with a break even point of about 700 million. I'm sure Disney is just so concerned with your hatred of an objectively fine movie while they take a few hundred million bucks to the bank.
    About Disney profit, 1.3 billion is not sufficient for Star Wars franchise. FYI TFA made 2.0M. If TLJ was "objectively fine" movie, why did total gross drop from 2.0 to 1.3? Daily gross for TLJ box office was slightly(~12%) lower than TFA.
    If "real Star Wars fan" can love TLJ, then why can't "real Disney fan" love movies in which Disney princesses commit adultery or get divorced?

I actually enjoyed TLJ. It's just that TLJ was not worthy of Star Wars. I'm waiting for Marquee event to unlock Holdo and Rose and a chance to use them in TW Jakku. Ingame, Holdo and Rose will make good Res tank and attacker.

Literally no one expected TLJ to make as much as TFA. No one expected TFA to make as much money as it did. Outliers should never be mistaken for the median. Rogue One made barely more than a billion and it was still a huge success financially. Empire had almost the exact same drop in revenue from ANH and only a complete **** would call that a failure. Same goes for Attack of the Clones compared to TPM and again, it was successful. TLJ is performing exactly as anyone with any prior knowledge would expect it to.
  • I for one cannot wait for this beautiful kitten:

YkEF4Nl.png
  • So in playing these toons in their events, they seem pretty legit. Geared them up a bit and took them into the Assault and got through wave 7. Dooku Level 8 tore them up since they were not Omegaed or Modded well, but that says a lot about their kit.

I do want those FO Riot Stormtroopers, though. And I like the preview of the old A-Wing next to Poe’s X-Wing. I did see the Blue A-Wing tucked behind the X-Wing’s engines. Hope that’s a hint as to who next Resistance Pilot is.
  • I am agreeing with FO Riot Stormtroopers for player use. Very nice AI Kit on them. Was surprised how easily the FO Executioner folded under Phoenix.
  • Dat riot seems great indeed.
  • I found that Rose and Holdo did pretty well in synergy with other Resistance members, especially Rose. Holdo would probably be better under a JTRey lead but I don't have her. But yeah Rose goes nicely with Zinn I think.
  • DrMaggot wrote: »
    I found that Rose and Holdo did pretty well in synergy with other Resistance members, especially Rose. Holdo would probably be better under a JTRey lead but I don't have her. But yeah Rose goes nicely with Zinn I think.

I agree with rose being geared towards a zfinn team. I was able to run holdo with JTR and believe she fits well. I cant wait till she is farmable.
  • While the characters in game are cool, its pure greed that their packs are 1299 crystals and only guarantee 5 char shards, which id bet are the norm (since they never post the actual odds)! That makes these chars approximately 460.00 usd each to 7* unless you get a miracle which seldom happens with these draws. My experience with talzen (all min), tarkin 7* (all min except one 12 when it was the last pack) and others prior say to expect the worst, which is why ive now decided to quit spending on this game after spending a large amount prior. This is because the greed ea is showing by expecting players to pay such an amount for a single digital character is now beyond ludicrous. This is after the crystal pack issues last month (did anyone actually get one of the 99.99 crystal packs with the bonus crystals to pop up as they advertised?
  • I actually found Holdo better with my Resistance (cause I went themed for these two marquees) and with Rose I struggled to keep my g8 Pilot alive, but with Holdo she didn't even get touched until the bonus tier because of all the foresight that she not only naturally gains, but also that Holdo provides since she was the least healthy toon.

I used zFinn rather than JTR since I don't have her yet. xD
  • GrantusMaximus
    265 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    What mods are people using for holdo?
    Post edited by GrantusMaximus on
  • I just gave her my ob mods... maybe not optimim but she wants pot and prot and speed...maybe could do with a bit more cc (although she has already some and gets more from rey and r2)...
  • I like holdo so far, mine is g11 4* and has her zeta and omegas... she still lacks * and g12 gear but does well enough...
    any feedback welcome:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYI24Vd9efQ
  • Holdo seems legit. I fear her in arena, rose was meh.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Rose doesn't seem to hit hard enough and her first special is a waste of time. Defense up really isn't worth losing half a turn for (event was 6 toons and vs FO. in real use you'll only get 50% tm).

Holdo looks like she could easily replace gk on jtr teams, and allow a few more options under jtr lead.
  • Holdo seems a real threat. Rose was better than I originally expected but would certainly be down the resistance pecking order.

Nice kit on Holdo. Hope we get some Dark Side toons with that array of abilities soon. They tore up KRU on auto.
  • I enjoyed both toons. Holdo will change JRey teams for sure. Did anybdoy else think it was a little ridiculous that Rose needed a purple shower drain just to get to gear level 6?
  • Does her taunt work through stun? I am wondering if she is stunned and someone else loses foresight, will she still taunt or does stun prevent specials?
  • Have not looked... maybe can be seen on the videos i have on utube... will try later
  • So, if I'm going to spend some cash..... Buy the 9.99 pack for Holdo and then the crystal pack assuming I'll get 5 shards, take Holdo to 4*?

I assume that Holdo is no Arena wrecker like a 4* Talzien, but maybe she is still a little useful?
  • Holdo could be very good in a mixed team too, as long there is, at least, another resistance toon. Imagine including Holdo in a Rebel team with R2... R2 with constant foresight would be something very annoying.
  • like her kit on paper and she is skilled, but I've faced her a few times and she's pretty easily handled by Fracture and Nightsisters still.
  • zVed
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Nine pages of Holdo discussion but barely mention her possible role in zFinn team. What’s the perspective with zFinn and Poe as a third thank? Or with zFinn, Poe and RT/RP with 5th to be zzBB-8 or RZ2Z, can Amilyn make this teams top again, any thoughts?