“Easy” 7* Possible?

https://swgoh.gg/u/cunninglinguist/collection/

https://swgoh.gg/u/cunninglinguist/collection/?f=empire
I’m planning on Palp(L), Vader, TFP, GMT, RG as my team once I get the last 40ish shards to 7* TFP. I have some speed mods I can throw on Palp and some health/prot mods to beef up RG.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Yeah it should be easy for you to pick up r2d2. Your gear is well above what I would consider minimum and you have some of the better empire characters available.

Just remember that Zader's leadership ability is neutered in tier vii of the event so use another leader.
  • Yeah you should beat R2 on your first try. I'd recommend Palp lead for the potency bonus, but vader lead for the offense bonus isnt terrible. You could probably run TFP lead (I know he doesnt have a leader ability, thats the joke) and still win it first try, that's how geared up you are!
  • Haha I guess after seeing all the horror threads about the difficulty of Tier 7 I started hard farming gear on my Empire toons like crazy! It’s reassuring to know all my grinding has paid off and I can breeze through every tier :D !
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Haha I guess after seeing all the horror threads about the difficulty of Tier 7 I started hard farming gear on my Empire toons like crazy! It’s reassuring to know all my grinding has paid off and I can breeze through every tier :D !

It's difficult at tier vii for people with the wrong characters. If you don't have a tank at gear viii and you dont have one of palpatine or you have magmatrooper in your team you actually need the gear your team has.
  • From what I’ve gathered from various threads and YouTube videos, the ideal kill order goes: R2, Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, Old Ben. Is that still the most optimal strategy?
  • Yeah that's the most optimal. Various conditions may happen such that you sill end up killing ben before chewie because he taunted, or you end up killing han before r2 because for whatever reason thats who the ai decides to use r2's stealth taunt on.

Be aware you cannot stun or ability block R2, I'm nearly certain he is immune to just those specific debuffs.
  • Ooohhh good to know! TM manipulation is also disabled, correct? I guess use TFP special on Han Solo for ability block? If I rotate Vader’s Saber Slash and RG’s basic attack on Chewie/Old Ben to prevent taunts with Palp lead, I’m thinking it’ll be smooth sailing! I’m sure it’s been asked and gets asked 100x/day, but is mid-late February or early March a reasonable guesstimate for the next R2 event?
  • All you have to do is shock the taunters and they waste the ability its its a pseudo buff immunity, in fact with TFPs buff immunity move you really shouldn't even have to attack them for stun or ability block. I'd recommend you ability block Leia though to prevent her invisibility if she doesnt get buff immunity.

A lot of the event depends on RNG so you'll have to play it as it comes to you. You are also correct about the tm reduction immunity, so that's why Palps is considered the better leader, for the max health, potency, tm gain, and heal on palps/ vader.

That being said I want to reiterate that this event will be very easy for you as when I did it i had g8 palps, tarkin, and storm, g7 magma, and g9 TFP. The fact you are way geared over that and have Vader will make this super easy for you.

Side note to anyone reading I would not recommend trying to beat the event with the squad I used, it took me 6 hours of continous play to get the right RNG to beat it.
  • Ok awesome! I can’t wait to see how it plays out with my over-geared team. I’m debating whether or not to humor myself and “full-auto” for a few attempts to see how the AI does before manually stomping through it :P
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Ooohhh good to know! TM manipulation is also disabled, correct?

Yes. This is the main reason people find the event hard. They go in reliant on a zader lead with magmatrooper with gear 7 or 8 teams.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Ooohhh good to know! TM manipulation is also disabled, correct?

Yes. This is the main reason people find the event hard. They go in reliant on a zader lead with magmatrooper with gear 7 or 8 teams.

A large part of the reason my Empire toons are overgeared for the R2-D2 event is due to trying to form a Zader “Heroic Rancor Solo” team. It just happened to workout the characters are optimal for both areas lol

• That lineup and the gear is pretty solid. Just put random mods and maybe a crit damage triangle on tfp, some potency on ep and it's done. Kill r2 first to make it easier