Deathmark not applying?

I've started using Deathtrooper as part of a Troopers team in Arena (guess why? ) and he almost never applies Deathmark, on the contrary of what I was expecting.

Typical scenario: Veers goes first, target a weakling enemy who's taunting, and who gets promptly destroyed (but then comes back). A little later, DeathTrooper fires special (Terminate) on someone else, hits for a whole lot but doesn't apply Deathmark.

I thought that since there's a casualty on the other side -- more than one in fact, as the same weakling keeps dying about every attack, the conditions for deathmark would be met.

Did I read something wrong?
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• It reads if there are any defeated enemies. if all are alive none are considered defeated
  • Oh I see, at the time of using Terminate, there needs to be 4 or less enemies on the field? That's much (much!!) more restrictive then! (as if I manage to knock down one enemy for good, chances are I'm doing good already).

I'm disappointed, but thanks for the info.
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Oh I see, at the time of using Terminate, there needs to be 4 or less enemies on the field? That's much (much!!) more restrictive then! (as if I manage to knock down one enemy for good, chances are I'm doing good already).

After one of ur enemy died, also remember terminate can be resist, evade, and deathmark debuff can be cleanse.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Oh I see, at the time of using Terminate, there needs to be 4 or less enemies on the field? That's much (much!!) more restrictive then! (as if I manage to knock down one enemy for good, chances are I'm doing good already).

After one of ur enemy died, also remember terminate can be resist, evade, and deathmark debuff can be cleanse.

Deathmark can't be resisted, but it can be cleansed both by going stealth and by the normal cleansing methods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Goodgil wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Deathmark can't be resisted, but it can be cleansed both by going stealth and by the normal cleansing methods.

Correct.

Correct an opponent needs to not be on the playing field for DM to apply.
  • ZVeers , Starck, Snow can beat the certain faction that I assume you are targeting on, without any help of 2 other teammates.
  • ZVeers , Starck, Snow can beat the certain faction that I assume you are targeting on, without any help of 2 other teammates.

Let me have a doubt about that. I'm talking a mature Mother - Ventress - Zombie - Daka - and special guest General Kenobi. After your initial wave of AoEs, which won't be enough to kill anyone beyond the Zombie, you're left with a solid taunt (Kenobi), crit immunity on all others (means Snow's AoE is on cooldown) and you have very little way to control that battlefield. Meanwhile Ventress is growing each time Zombie falls, and sooner or later will unleash a very unfriendly hit your way, and Daka might still stun 2 of your guys anytime.

But yes, they get close to it, and add Shore Trooper and Death Trooper and they might get the job done with more certainty.

I've managed to destroy one such team today with Thrawn lead (and no Starck), because Thrawn negates either Kenobi, or Ventress directly.

PS: What's the best way to mod their turn order, i.e. who do you make go first, second etc?
    Practically, this means Starck first, DeathTrooper second and all their cooldowns increased (but then wholly open to taunts and crit immunity), or Veers second (on e.g. Daka), Death third to remove all buffs, and Snow last for a nice finale of the first round?
  • Shore and DT are great counters to NS, and are essential in a trooper team that goes against them. Shore provides an active heal and a reliable taunt, while DT gives everyone 15% health steal and can terminate.