Minimum gear for BB-8

I'm farming my first order for the BB-8 event. I'm curious, for all those who beat the sixth and seventh tier of the event, how high were your characters geared, and did you need them that high? Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Read in the bb8 sub forum. Min 8/9 or whatever with a zeta kylo at 11/12
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Read in the bb8 sub forum. Min 8/9 or whatever with a zeta kylo at 11/12

There is a BB8 subforum? Since when?

Must have been added yesterday or today. Definitely hasn't been there long. There were a lot of requests for one, and there are only 4 posts in there now
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Read in the bb8 sub forum. Min 8/9 or whatever with a zeta kylo at 11/12

There is a BB8 subforum? Since when?

Must have been added yesterday or today. Definitely hasn't been there long. There were a lot of requests for one, and there are only 4 posts in there now

Actually it's been there for quite a while... There's a specific subforum fir events, and in that specific subforums for each major event (Legendaries, Hero's Journeys, TB etc), including the BB8 event.
  • @Goodgil

acccctuaaaallllyyyy

No,

It was NOT there as of three days ago.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/155671/bb8

• @Kyno is this a hint that BB8 is coming back soon? It has its own event thread finally!
  • RekiemD
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Random9 wrote: »
    I'm farming my first order for the BB-8 event. I'm curious, for all those who beat the sixth and seventh tier of the event, how high were your characters geared, and did you need them that high? Thanks for the help.

I did it with g7 FO with trash mods and GX Zkylo that kinda soloed the event
    Edit: Kylo with regular mods (60/70 speed, crit damage on triangle)
  • RekiemD wrote: »

I did it with g7 FO with trash mods and GX Zkylo that kinda soloed the event
    Edit: Kylo with regular mods (60/70 speed, crit damage on triangle)

Yeah I think I'm going to just zeta Kylo for the event. I don't have time / resources to gear them all
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno is this a hint that BB8 is coming back soon? It has its own event thread finally!

Nope, i just asked for it and it happened
  • @Kyno is this a hint that BB8 is coming back soon? It has its own event thread finally!

They won't bring back a legendary event only 2 months after its last rotation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno is this a hint that BB8 is coming back soon? It has its own event thread finally!

Legendary event frequency always increases as times go on.
  • Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Kyno is this a hint that BB8 is coming back soon? It has its own event thread finally!

Thrawn came in october and November IIRC

Plus, legendaries are so 2017. 2018 will be different ;)
  • Random9 wrote: »
    @Kyno is this a hint that BB8 is coming back soon? It has its own event thread finally!

Actually that's exactly how often they are. Lol
  • @Random9

In all seriousness, I believe it goes:
    First time
    (Wait 4 months)
    Second time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Third time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Fourth time
    (Wait 1 month)
    Then every other month
  • @Random9

First time
    (Wait 4 months)
    Second time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Third time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Fourth time
    (Wait 1 month)
    Then every other month

@Jovana_Milo
    The ordinary rotation is one legendary a month I believe so the more legendaries there are the longer the wait is between. However, they'll sometimes bring back an event early, for example, R2D2's event right before CLS came around again or BB8's right before Rey's hero's journey,
    @Random9

First time
    (Wait 4 months)
    Second time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Third time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Fourth time
    (Wait 1 month)
    Then every other month

@Jovana_Milo
    The ordinary rotation is one legendary a month I believe so the more legendaries there are the longer the wait is between. However, they'll sometimes bring back an event early, for example, R2D2's event right before CLS came around again or BB8's right before Rey's hero's journey,

No.

December- yoda, BB8, CLS, Rey, R2
    November-R2, Palpatine, Thrawn
    October-Thrawn, Yoda, R2
    September-Palpatine, BB8
    August-CLS, R2, Yoda
    July- Palpatine
    June-Yoda, Thrawn
  • And before June there were only 2 legendaries. Yoda and palpatine.
  • Yeah there was even an instance where Thrawn had 2 events within 49 days of eachothet.
    @Random9

First time
    (Wait 4 months)
    Second time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Third time
    (Wait 2 months)
    Fourth time
    (Wait 1 month)
    Then every other month

@Jovana_Milo

No.

December- yoda, BB8, CLS, Rey, R2
    November-R2, Palpatine, Thrawn
    October-Thrawn, Yoda, R2
    September-Palpatine, BB8
    August-CLS, R2, Yoda
    July- Palpatine
    June-Yoda, Thrawn

@Jovana_Milo
    Yoda did not occur in December. Also, the only reason that BB8 CLS R2 and Rey all happened in December was so people could get R2 for CLS and BB8 for Rey as I mentioned before. Also, I think that Yoda comes around much more frequently than the other events.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018

• I could be wrong but I thought it happened in November and not again till January

I could be wrong but I thought it happened in November and not again till January

You're technically both right. As he shared, it was last couple of days of November through December. Palp was also earlier November, which is why people expected Palp this month instead of Yoda.

As to Yoda being more frequent than other events, the previous cadence seems to have been alternating months between Yoda and Palp until recently (current theories are because they pushed Palp back for a mythic tier/rework).
  • @Random9

Ok, you're wrong about yoda but whatever. Fine , ignore December yoda and there still has only been 1 month with 1 legendary character since June, when the 3rd legendary came out. When there were only two legendaries it made sense to have 1 a month. That is ancient history in this game. Legendaries are common now, and often.

So, no, the "ordinary rotation" is not "one legendary a month". And no, 2 months for BB8 is not ahead of schedule.