Next farm: Nightsisters over Resistance?

db77
25 posts Member
Hi guys, I'm almost done farming 3 characters out of the Arena, GW and Cantina shops. I'm approaching to lvl 85 and still don't have many good teams I may need for Arena or TW: Phoenix, Nightsisters, Resistance, slowly working towards FO. My question is: should my next goal out of these shops be Asajj (Arena), NSA (GW) and Daka (Cantina) or should I farm Resistance Pilot (GW) and Poe (Cantina) instead?

Replies

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    i would do ns first

Because the resistance needs jedi rey and bb8 and 2 zetas at the least to be arena viable.
    Otherwise they are viable only on offense. needs a zeta for finn of course.

btw nsa is from cantina battle. not gw. gw has ns initiate which is uber useless
  • db77
    25 posts Member
    I'm not thinking on using resistance in arena any time soon, I'm just too far from ready. It just looks like they're pushing so hard on Resistance I better get them sooner than later. Speed mods as well are really useful.
  • Resistance seem to offer quite a bit more utility than NS. They may take a lot longer to be arena ready but they will help with speed mods and seem to be used pretty often in special events.
  • i would do ns first

Because the resistance needs jedi rey and bb8 and 2 zetas at the least to be arena viable.
    Otherwise they are viable only on offense. needs a zeta for finn of course.

btw nsa is from cantina battle. not gw. gw has ns initiate which is uber useless

NS need 4 zeta from what I've read. Given the games love for LS and resistance toons being the new wave I'd say do resistance. Struggling with the decision myself but luckily I'm pretty far on both already.
  • db77
    25 posts Member
    Resistance seem to offer quite a bit more utility than NS. They may take a lot longer to be arena ready but they will help with speed mods and seem to be used pretty often in special events.

Yeah special events are also to be considered, but speed mods probably are the number one priority. I just got 7* Rey scavenger, I'm gonna get R2D2 next time around. I may not be able to get super legendary characters like JTR or BB8, but Finn, Poe and Resistance Pilot looks accessible to complete a res team.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The faster you can farm speed mods, the better you’ll do in arena.

Every successful tactic, requires good speed mods. While the Resistance can be a long haul, they rule in most parts of the game. Start early, start now.
  • Does your guild beat Haat? If not, farm resistance. Otherwise farm sisters
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, we do. (hi db!)

NS is more viable in arena (minus JTR) but both are great in TW. Res cleans up in TB, NS are decent in TB but our guild doesn't fill enough platoons to protect everyone against the airstrike...not to mention you lose MT and Zombie after the first phase or two and you're stuck with a less effective NS team. Frankly you can't go wrong with either, so for me it would come down to arena or non-arena focus.

Keep in mind you need a zeta on Finn to get anywhere near full potential with Res.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • db77
    25 posts Member
    Hi TVF! Great to hear from you. My arena focus at the moment is all on switching from JKA, Ahsoka, QGJ, Rex and Fives to Wiggs, STH, Leia and R2 when I get it. CLS will hopefully follow.
    I think I'm going to start farming Asajj (just promoted Leia to 7*, looks like a killer) but Daka and NSA will have to wait till I'm done with Poe and Resistance Pilot, as I also need to have some good LS ships.
    I think right now mods should be my priority, but NS time will come... especially if Talzin comes to some sort of shop or node, I don't want to spend crystals to farm her even if she may be worth it.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    By the way, NSA is not in GW shop, you're thinking of NSI. NSA is an 8 energy cantina farm (and I think in the guild shop).

Daka is a great toon. Stuns one to two enemies on basic, heals, and revives. I actually used her in GW for a while before the NS rework, prior to having any other NS on my roster other than Talia.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • db77
    25 posts Member
    You're right, I've heard Daka's useful in the DS battles as well. I'm working on FOO now out of the cantina shop, when I'm done with him I may choose between Daka and Poe, no worries until then. Thanks man! Helpful as usual.
  • fmf
    38 posts Member
    It depends where you currently are in arena imo.

Nightsisters are by far the stronger arena meta, but they're also harder to acquire than the standard Resistance holy trinity. (Not talking about JTR/BB8 teams.)

If you need a strong team to jump you ASAP from 1000 to 200, farming resistance could get you there pretty quick. If you're looking for a more long term thing and/or are willing to spend $ on crystals, then NS for sure.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Nightsisters are very easy to gear.

There is a zeta event each month to go along with them, resistance doesn't have that (7* talzin req).
  • I initially though NS was cool. But they're very beatable in Arena and they don't have any events requiring them (do they?) so from a utility standpoint, Resistance is better. But they are unique and probably fun so if that would be the greatest weight, do NS, imo.
    ns is the least beatable team as of now
  • db77
    25 posts Member
    I used to be around top 400-300 every day in arena, in the last couple of days I'm dropping near 900 and can't get back to top 500. I'm running JKA, Ahsoka, QGJ, Fives and Rex but I'm working towards Wedge, Biggs, Leia, STH and R2. I would like to reach 200, don't know if they can bring me there without CLS. I would farm Res and NS mainly for TW, mods and events, not thinking about arena right now.
  • For arena, nightsisters will get you the best results for the least investment at the current time, by far.
  • Talzin aside, I feel like NS are a much easier farm. Resistance have 2 characters that are only available through hard nodes. Well, one of those is also available in the guild store, but that's a rotating list and you're at the mercy of the roulette wheel on that one.

You can get Daka and Talia shards through hard nodes, but they both have easier places to farm them out of. There are also regular occurring events for the other 3 that you can farm through as well. Resistance have no such events.

Talia - Cantina (unlocks for free)
    Daka - Cantina Store
    Asajj - Squad Arena
    Initiate - GW Store
    Acolyte - Cantina

It's basically the same setup as Phoenix, which is probably the easiest faction to farm an entire crew simultaneously.