Any Darkside teams on old shards staying in top 20?

Prev1
I know it's like beating a dead horse, but I was just curious. I am currently running Thrawn L, DK, DT, Shore and Storm. All maxed except for Storm's zeta and get up to around 20 but when I log on a few hours later I'm back around 90/100. I heard there was a decent Zaul lead with Yoda combo or something like that. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• Options
    Did u mean Zmaul lead with palp/savage, nihilus, yoda, original kylo (not the fakery)? The idea is yoda tenacity up block u from debuff, kylo is pseudo tank, hidden siths do the attack. Yes they doing well in offence, but can't hold when in defence same problem with ur empire squad.

Ur empire is the #1 top empire team at this time, but the problem is can't hold well on defence. If u wanna stay at least on top 50 u need to work in meta team, in this case safe to say JTR team lol
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm on a day one shard, and used to run zzthrawn l, krennic, death, shore, and storm till about two weeks ago. It was holding well (falling from top 10 to max 40s) enough but I started having problems with jtr fast teams.

Sure my problem is largely due to lesser speed than most of my opponents, but I think that it could be solved by subbing in the probe droid and that it is most likely the better holding empire team you can field as of now.

So either subbing ipb for storm or krennic should be a good idea, mind you though, unfortunately thrawn leader isn't and won't be handled well by ai anyway.
    Res non verba
  • Options
    Thrawn L ST ShT Tarkin DN, April 2016 shard. Get to top everyday and drop to between 20s and 40s.
  • Options
    Looking at mine the only DS teams in top 50 are one Thrawn, two NS and that is it. Rest CLS, GK or JTR (with JTR dominating). This is around April/May 2016.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thrawn and troopers, or veers and troopers. will get swapped in as they can do the job, but you will always get pushed around a little more. I was able to beat a veers lineup that took down my NS squad with GK(L), zarriss, nihilus, thrawn, CLS in under a minute.

Here's hoping for some serious DS love this year.
  • Options
    Someone on my shard runs a Thrawn, DT, DK, Shore + 1 (he mixes it up) and is always top 5 or so come payout. Very strong team. I run Rex, KRU, Thrawn, Nihilus, Barriss which maybe isn’t all DS but mostly and it is super effective and holds rank very well.
  • Options
    I believe Nightsisters are the most difficult team to beat and have the easiest time on offense, though troopers destroy them, at the same time, everything else seems to destroy troopers.
  • Options
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    I believe Nightsisters are the most difficult team to beat and have the easiest time on offense, though troopers destroy them, at the same time, everything else seems to destroy troopers.

Poor troopers :cry:

But hey, at least they are cool pew pew pew BOOM :wink:
  • Options
    There's a few ns and one veers/troopers. RJT, CLS, and AA/Hoda rule my arena. GK-zarris has fallen out of favor and mostly dropped out of the top 50.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    More and more Nightsisters with GK are popping up in my shard. I still use the typical Luke meta team, and they are getting harder to beat. Would love an excuse to go back to the dark side, Sith in particular I would love. Just don't want to run Nightsisters as they aren't farmable to 7* outside crystals.
  • Options
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    There's a few ns and one veers/troopers. RJT, CLS, and AA/Hoda rule my arena. GK-zarris has fallen out of favor and mostly dropped out of the top 50.

What's the AA/Hoda team? Sounds interesting.
  • Options
    DarthDyna wrote: »
    phinfan309 wrote: »

What's the AA/Hoda team? Sounds interesting.

Usually it's AA lead, hermit yoda, CLS, Thrawn, and GK.

Every basic by Yoda calls for a 50% chance to have Luke smack someone.
  • Options
    EP (l) Thrawn DT Krennic Shore. Gets to 1st almost every day in a December 15 shard with average mods. https://swgoh.gg/u/giladgood/
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    Im on a launch shard, ZERO empire teams in the top 100, mostly jtr and titans, a few gk zarriss dn, and a handfull of ns...
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    gpeeee wrote: »
    I know it's like beating a dead horse, but I was just curious. I am currently running Thrawn L, DK, DT, Shore and Storm. All maxed except for Storm's zeta and get up to around 20 but when I log on a few hours later I'm back around 90/100. I heard there was a decent Zaul lead with Yoda combo or something like that. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'm running this team but GK instead of Storm. He's much more better in this team, especially on defense. I've put back Storm some days ago to make a full Empire team but I was dropped outside top 50. With GK, I usually stay in the top 40.
    I've also run Thrawn(L), Veers, DT, ShT, Starck because of an NS team that I fought and forgot to switch back and I was also dropped out of top 50 when I got up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I believe there's only 1 team that holds top20 consistandly on my leaderboard and it isn't a LS team. ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Nightsisters are very solid
  • Options
    According to the subject: yes, there is: NS
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Nightsisters, full of them, multiplying by the day.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I run FO and finish at the top every day. Usually fall to 15-20. December 2015 shard.

But yes, NS are the best team in arena right now.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    @goodgil how does that team play against Rey?
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    EP (l) Thrawn DT Krennic Shore. Gets to 1st almost every day in a December 15 shard with average mods. https://swgoh.gg/u/giladgood/

My krennic isn't up to snuff just yet. Any idea on who could be a half decent replacement for him for now? My veers and starck aren't even 6* yet either. I have tarkin, vader, royal guard, or maybe someone outside the empire theme? Zylo, CLS?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Guzzernaut wrote: »
    Goodgil wrote: »

My krennic isn't up to snuff just yet. Any idea on who could be a half decent replacement for him for now? My veers and starck aren't even 6* yet either. I have tarkin, vader, royal guard, or maybe someone outside the empire theme? Zylo, CLS?

Krennic and deathtrooper are a better dark side version of Wiggs or chaze in that their synergy makes them a lot better together than either alone.
  • Options
    NS pops up twice in the top 20 on my May 2016 shard. I am one of them.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Krennic and deathtrooper are a better dark side version of Wiggs or chaze in that their synergy makes them a lot better together than either alone.

I have every intention of working my krennic, just wondering what would be good filler until that happens.
  • Options
    Guzzernaut wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »

I have every intention of working my krennic, just wondering what would be good filler until that happens.

That's a tough one... Those 2 are probably the best for the job. If you can get IPD, he can be a great counter to the current JT Rey Meta. If not, maybe going for a standalone toon like CLS, GK, or raid Han as your replacement.
  • Options
    I have three DS squads I use, depending on who I'm fighting.
    Squad one is FO, with zKRU (L), zKylo, FOO, zFOST, and FOX. They work well against everything except JRT squads.
    Squad two is Empire hybrid with zThrawn, zDT, Krennic, ShT, and random 5th (sometimes GK, sometimes Nihilus). This squad is good against everything.
    Squad three is hybrid NS squad with MT (L), zAsajj, Zombie, R2, and usually GK. I use this only against JRT squads.
  • Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    I have three DS squads I use, depending on who I'm fighting.
    Squad one is FO, with zKRU (L), zKylo, FOO, zFOST, and FOX. They work well against everything except JRT squads.

What problems do you have with JTR squads? I run this same list and have no issues. Do you have both KRU zetas are just the leader zeta?
  • Options
    Everything on all of those toons is maxed. It really just depends on RNG and what make-up the RJT squad is. I've had success with them against JRT, but it's too sporadic to be a reliable squad.