First order team with the new farms

JakeC
149 posts Member
I'm looking to get a FO team for bb8, I've got Phasma to 6, got kylo, FOST and FOTP to 5 and officer at 3, with kylo unmasked becoming easily farmable and FOSFTP going to guild store, should I change my direction to them?
On a separate note what are the ships like?

Replies

• You'll want KRU for sure. He's a great leader of FO, and proven effective as a stand-alone toon (seen a GREAT comp with him under Rex lead).

KRU's ship is fast and hits hard, definitely worthwhile. sfFOTP is a pretty good toon with a decent ship, but you should prioritize KRU IMO (especially since the cantina node is a double-farm)
  • So would you say that I should have KRU as lead and scrap Phasma?
  • Phasma is still worthwhile to get to 7*, but I wouldn't use a Zeta on her anymore if you can get KRU leveled... he makes for a substantially stronger leader
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    For me the fact that krum and his ship are both in a 10 energy cantina node means that it doesn't really matter what the ship is like I'm getting them (partially because maul and vader's ship are like hens teeth in the stores and I need an extra ds ship for zetas).
  • I think u better farm what u think u can finish faster. If ur purpose for FO is bb8 only, phasma lead still can do the job. I've got my *7 bb8 with phasma lead at g8.

But if u wanna bring them to arena, un kylo is better lead than phasma.
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    I'm in a similar position as the OP. Interested to hear who you guys think KRU should replace between FOO/KR/FOST/FOTFP.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    You'll want KRU for sure. He's a great leader of FO, and proven effective as a stand-alone toon (seen a GREAT comp with him under Rex lead).

KRU's ship is fast and hits hard, definitely worthwhile. sfFOTP is a pretty good toon with a decent ship, but you should prioritize KRU IMO (especially since the cantina node is a double-farm)

I was hoping he'd be good with Rex! Do you remember what the comp was? And did you see if he had zeta or not? I'm trying to make a Rex team my next one after Phoenix (unless Palp/Vader get a rework next month)
  • JakeC
    149 posts Member
    So the big plan is to get RJT, I'm almost done with kylo farm, should I then move on to the vets or onto KRU?
  • So KRU replaces Phasma as leader but is Phasma replaced completely in the FO squad? Maybe FOST, KR or FOO get the boot? KRU taunts (I think its an auto taunt) so does that make FOST lose some value?

P.S. My Phasma and FTP are gear 10 and all others are gear 8.
  • Ferret2112
    195 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Arhithi wrote: »
    So KRU replaces Phasma as leader but is Phasma replaced completely in the FO squad? Maybe FOST, KR or FOO get the boot? KRU taunts (I think its an auto taunt) so does that make FOST lose some value?

P.S. My Phasma and FTP are gear 10 and all others are gear 8.

Pretty much. Her AoE hits like a wet noodle (speed down is nice I guess if it happens to not be resisted). Her mass advantage and tm is good but also serves to expire your taunts faster.

Assuming that KRU and KR are definites......FOE, FOSFTP, and FOTP are your big damage dealers and FOTP's ship is, without question, one of the best in the game. FOO offers tm manipulation and has a cleanse. FOST is one of the better tanks in the game. All 5 of these guys are more useful than Phasma, in my opinion. Just depends which way you want to play them and which characters you can/choose to put resources into
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    But don't forget Phasma at all as long as no third and maybe better FO leader comes into the game. In the same way as resistance, FO will be able to split up into two teams in near future. And with no new and better leader, Phasma will be your 2nd team leader
  • DarthDyna wrote: »
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    You'll want KRU for sure. He's a great leader of FO, and proven effective as a stand-alone toon (seen a GREAT comp with him under Rex lead).

I was hoping he'd be good with Rex! Do you remember what the comp was? And did you see if he had zeta or not? I'm trying to make a Rex team my next one after Phoenix (unless Palp/Vader get a rework next month)

@DarthDyna

The team was Rex lead, GK, Thrawn, KRU, DN. It was the most effective "hide the Nihilus" team comp I've ever seen. Just total control with FIVE annihilates getting off.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    DarthDyna wrote: »

@DarthDyna

The team was Rex lead, GK, Thrawn, KRU, DN. It was the most effective "hide the Nihilus" team comp I've ever seen. Just total control with FIVE annihilates getting off.

Whoa, that's crazy. My guild is still gearing up for GK, so he's out for me for a while, but definitely good to know for later. Thanks for the reply!

I run Rex lead with KRU and zeta Barriss. Beast. Much better then the GK lead Barriss team I ran before.

https://youtu.be/z0C4pPxKvbY
  • DarthApok wrote: »

I run Rex lead with KRU and zeta Barriss. Beast. Much better then the GK lead Barriss team I ran before.

Pretty awesome team but don’t see any use for Barris there. Wouldn’t R2’s stealth be more viable in this comp?
  • Illicits wrote: »
    DarthApok wrote: »

Pretty awesome team but don’t see any use for Barris there. Wouldn’t R2’s stealth be more viable in this comp?

I don’t think so, Barriss heal may be a bit less effective here but against CLS teams it helps a lot. But I like her for her debuff clearing. If the team was more LS based R2 would be better but he really doesn’t offer much to this team. I like keeping debuffs off my team as much as possible though which is why I like Barriss.

Edit: I actually swapped out Barriss for masked Kylo and the team was just as effective. I think raid Han would be a better option but I don’t have him geared up. CLS would work also but I like to run as much DS as I can. Her spot might be the most flexible to change based on opponent or personal preference. But the main thing is how effective Rex lead is imo. And I’m surprised not to see more of him.

That's awesome! looks like there's some options there, which is nice. I've already got a decent Thrawn, and am currently working on KRU and Rex anyway, so this may well become my next arena team. Only downside here is that I'm only halfway through 78 so unless I buy Nihilus with crystals (tempting, I have a decent crystal income right now), then I'm probably a long way from that.

That's awesome! looks like there's some options there, which is nice. I've already got a decent Thrawn, and am currently working on KRU and Rex anyway, so this may well become my next arena team. Only downside here is that I'm only halfway through 78 so unless I buy Nihilus with crystals (tempting, I have a decent crystal income right now), then I'm probably a long way from that.

Rex lead is imo the biggest take away. I think you can use a variety of other 4 toons with him. CLS and JTR teams which are top both rely on crits which makes Rex ideal. Rex has always been the anti meta though and I’m not sure why he faded away. I’m the only one in top50 on my shard running him which is cool. My team is basically all about control and annihilate. Use KRU and Thrawn to stun and speed up Nihilus as much as possible to annihilate as quickly and as much as possible.
  • Illicits wrote: »

Barriss helps keep the team alive and I personally like to keep as much debuffs off my team as possible. Especially get rid of those exposes or stuns. I don’t think R2 is a bad option though but I also don’t see my comp as necessarily the most efficient. There’s probably better combos with Rex lead but it’s more about me using characters I personally like and want to use.
  • Rex drops like a rock on defense is the problem. He always has. He would have been much more effective on defense if he opened with his tenacity up. Now he's just too squishy for the high damage toons around.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Rex drops like a rock on defense is the problem. He always has. He would have been much more effective on defense if he opened with his tenacity up. Now he's just too squishy for the high damage toons around.

I haven’t dropped out of the top 20 in a couple weeks now with him. This is actually the most efficient arena team I’ve had in a while. Granted I communicate with most top guys in shard chat but still impressive imo. Also he does open with tenacity up if there’s any debuffs. My team never goes first so. His lead is what makes him great. He can die pretty early and it won’t effect the battle too much. You also gotta think once I take an opening hit or two, my entire team is at 100% turn meter. So I can start to control before my opponent gets a rythem going. His lead is very disruptive in this way. Is he the best lead? Maybe not but he still works in the current meta. Very effectively imo.
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Rex drops like a rock on defense is the problem. He always has. He would have been much more effective on defense if he opened with his tenacity up. Now he's just too squishy for the high damage toons around.

I haven’t dropped out of the top 20 in a couple weeks now with him. This is actually the most efficient arena team I’ve had in a while. Granted I communicate with most top guys in shard chat but still impressive imo. Also he does open with tenacity up if there’s any debuffs. My team never goes first so. His lead is what makes him great. He can die pretty early and it won’t effect the battle too much. You also gotta think once I take an opening hit or two, my entire team is at 100% turn meter. So I can start to control before my opponent gets a rythem going. His lead is very disruptive in this way. Is he the best lead? Maybe not but he still works in the current meta. Very effectively imo.

I do keep hearing he's a great catch-all lead, since you can mostly plug and play whoever with him, so he's definitely more flexible than many others. And since crits will often be relevant, he's consistently at least good. I'm looking forward to playing him, though admittedly he doesn't seem to be quite as "fun" as say, Ackbar lead with all the assists, but he's also more limiting and I hear not great on Defense since he's pretty strategically-based.
  • I wouldnr write Phasma off at this moment. With er Zeta, Speed down and FOSFTPs speed up things could get also ver messy... But true: Kru (L) FOTFP, FOST, FOSFTFP (or FO) and Kylo seems the best composition right now. Also great for autoing GW.
    FOE ist not farmble yet, but looks very promising with phasma/FOSFFTP,since every attack makes him stronger...