Best Wampa team

Replies

• Anyone try GK (l), zBarriss, Old Ben, Kannan and Wampa? As a timeout team juggling 3 taunts may get around healing immunity and protect Wampa long enough to kill everyone.
  • I really think he needs his double bayonets to make a difference in arena. Even then he is a little slow and needs both protection and someone to speed him up. Mines just 6* so I’m a couple months away from 7* 2 Bayonets, but I will reserve jusdhement and not be swayed by people who are unimpressed while simultaneously running him way below maxed.

And let’s face it....we know how hard Han hits with 1 bayonet at 7*....Wampa should oneshot any rebel at 7* and 2 bayonets.
  • Tbh I think at 5* modded correctly and put in a team that puts up DoTs, he is pretty solid.

Rex lead speeds him up pretty well. The double zeta isn’t too bad. He feeds DN for example too, so if he’s teamed up right, he works great on offense.
  • xlX_Snow_Xlx
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I am not sure why everyone thinks wampa is so slow. Yes his base speed isn’t the greatest, but his basic gives him up to 40% TM. He uses his basic a lot, especially with counters so I find he moves pretty regularly.

For example, I just watched one of my videos from arena (Thrawn (L), Shore, Storm, IPD, Wampa) and my 275 speed Thrawn took 11 turns, while my 219 Wampa took 10 turns. Yes I realize that Thrawn has fracture which will slow him down, but he has other means of TM gain with the combination of his lead, Shore Unique, and his TM Swap Special. Wampa also counter d an additional 6 times through the match which means he effectively had 16 turns. (Thrawn countered and additional 8 times as well).
  • https://swgoh.gg/u/sungsta/

Maybe it's because my arena shard is quite mature
  • That tarkin setup in the other post with wampa ipd/deathtrooper shore and storm looks promising
  • I've tried the combo CLS(L),Wampa,Nihiluz,Barriz,Old-Benz now for some days and it works quite well!
    And I don't have god-speed-mods so the best I've got is 211 speed on CLS. Rex didn't went to well and my problem with Zader is, that on my arena shard the rex-yoda-chirruts will probably go first and get tenacity up before I woul get my DoTs out.
    At least I stay pretty solid under Rank 40 in arena with that team and just "normal" mods. Still have to do 13 more HAATs to get my Kenobi to 7* and then I will turn him in instead of Barriz to see how it works.
  • Right now I am using CLS (l), R2, GK, Wampa and Thrawn. Seems to be working well. Basically a titans team with Wampa subbed in for Solo. I put a zeta on Wampas cornered beast ability, determined to use him under Zader, but I can't find a team that works as well as what I am using,
  • One thing I really want to try my Wampa with is NS under a Talzin lead. Zader lead is good for uncleansable dots, but the only other time dots are uncleansable are with plague. And NS are so much more viable in arena than Zader.

I just got my Wampa to 7 star last week, and equipped 2 bayonets too. Will get his zeta today and try out a bunch of combos in arena, including with Empire / NS.
  • One thing I really want to try my Wampa with is NS under a Talzin lead. Zader lead is good for uncleansable dots, but the only other time dots are uncleansable are with plague. And NS are so much more viable in arena than Zader.

I just got my Wampa to 7 star last week, and equipped 2 bayonets too. Will get his zeta today and try out a bunch of combos in arena, including with Empire / NS.
    I’m interested in that too. I’m thinking:
    Talzin lead, daka, zombie, Wampa, and shore/GK
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    One thing I really want to try my Wampa with is NS under a Talzin lead. Zader lead is good for uncleansable dots, but the only other time dots are uncleansable are with plague. And NS are so much more viable in arena than Zader.

Do you think this needs to be a NS lead or do you think Talzin and Wampa could be hidden behind another team like GK/zBarriss (R2 or Old Ben as a 5th) or Thrawn, Storm and Shore? I want to gear my Talzin up because this combo intrigues me but I don't know who else to run them with.
  • I've just tried one team comp since I just zetad Wampa yesterday -

Talzin (L), Old Ben, Shore, Wampa, R2

Overnight I just dropped to 10, and I usually go to 20 with my JTR-Kenobis team. Reason I went with Talzin lead is the extra 30 speed and potency. Also modded her for speed, since I just need her to get the initial plague off. Maybe a very fast R2 would work too.

And after that it's a game of hide the Talzin/Wampa. R2 stealths, Shore and Ben tank, and Shore also heals for the matchups against other NS teams. I considered putting in GK, but he is terrible vs NS, and doesnt synergize well with Shore because of all the crit immunity. A fast Old Ben can get ability block off, which is very useful, and since I also have his taunt zetad, it was a no brainer for me.

I prefer Shore over GK when facing JTR teams. The pre-taunt means that JTR can't ability block or Chain attack my Talzin. Thrawn (L), Shore, Storm, Wampa, Talzin sounds good too, since the lead here at least benefits 3 instead of just the 1 with Talzin (L).

Not having a paper zombie in your Talzin team means that Troopers can't walk all over you too.
  • I've just tried one team comp since I just zetad Wampa yesterday -

Overnight I just dropped to 10, and I usually go to 20 with my JTR-Kenobis team. Reason I went with Talzin lead is the extra 30 speed and potency. Also modded her for speed, since I just need her to get the initial plague off. Maybe a very fast R2 would work too.

And after that it's a game of hide the Talzin/Wampa. R2 stealths, Shore and Ben tank, and Shore also heals for the matchups against other NS teams. I considered putting in GK, but he is terrible vs NS, and doesnt synergize well with Shore because of all the crit immunity. A fast Old Ben can get ability block off, which is very useful, and since I also have his taunt zetad, it was a no brainer for me.

I prefer Shore over GK when facing JTR teams. The pre-taunt means that JTR can't ability block or Chain attack my Talzin. Thrawn (L), Shore, Storm, Wampa, Talzin sounds good too, since the lead here at least benefits 3 instead of just the 1 with Talzin (L).

Not having a paper zombie in your Talzin team means that Troopers can't walk all over you too.

I like having Thrawn because if Talzin or Wampa gets stunned on Han's first shot, he can cleanse them, recover their protection and allow them to move immediately (and I believe this is what AI will do so). He can also make tanks more annoying with protection recovery or speed up Wampa. I think I'll try Thrawn, Storm, Shore, Talzin, Wampa. Hopefully Storm is viable with only 2 other empire allies. If not I may have to use GK even though he and Shore do not synergize well.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    I've just tried one team comp since I just zetad Wampa yesterday -

How does Wampa perform with his 2 bayonets? Is he as monstorous as I think? Basically is he worth the investment?
  • He's pretty beastly ... the 2 bayonets increase his armor penetration by a ton, so he eats through tanks (especially old ben, with the rebel tag). Still trying to find the right spot in the arena, but good thing with Wampa is even if the rest of your team goes down, there is a good chance wampa can 1v3 or 1v4 the rest of your enemies. Only thing that can stop him is stun or fracture.

Best use for a G12 Wampa is no doubt the raids ... Easy 40m damage, and P3 and P4 on full auto.
  • I really want him to be home to a top end arena team! Cmon zader rework!
  • Sharing a video of my arena team right now ... zWampa with 2 bayonets vs NS team ... Has an unexpected ending.

https://youtu.be/RCvo9FemdEM
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Sharing a video of my arena team right now ... zWampa with 2 bayonets vs NS team ... Has an unexpected ending.

Uhhhhh whaaaa?!?!
    Is this top end arena teams you are facing?!? That’s bonkers ... is this normal?!?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    One thing I really want to try my Wampa with is NS under a Talzin lead. Zader lead is good for uncleansable dots, but the only other time dots are uncleansable are with plague. And NS are so much more viable in arena than Zader.

Except Plague doesn't count as a DOT it counts as it's own unique debuff. So that doesn't actually add anything to Wampa's zeta.
    mamba wrote: »
    Sharing a video of my arena team right now ... zWampa with 2 bayonets vs NS team ... Has an unexpected ending.

Uhhhhh whaaaa?!?!
    Is this top end arena teams you are facing?!? That’s bonkers ... is this normal?!?

That's basically what my Zader, Wampa, R2, GK, Thrawn team does. Wampa goes off the rails, and once he gets his roar off it's basically game over because he can just AOE a NS team down.

The main problem is that it really suffers against RJT teams because theres just too much goddamn foresight for Daze to land or for Vader's AOE to land DOTs. https://swgoh.gg/u/vertigo/
    My Wampa does have pretty solid mods though: https://swgoh.gg/u/vertigo/collection/249/wampa/
  • mamba wrote: »

Uhhhhh whaaaa?!?!

He takes top 3 in the arena everyday, and has pretty decent mods. Thing with NS is that they are pretty weak
    , and a good AOE can take them out pretty easily. I would say this was a bit of a fluke, and in players hands the NS team would have won.
  • @Vertigo True that Plague doesn't count as a DOT, but Wampa applies DOT on his basic, which can't be cleansed if the enemy has plague. Which is the next best thing to Zader in terms of uncleansable DOTs. Even 3 DOTs on the enemy means 100% counter chance for Wampa, which can be really crucial.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    @Vertigo True that Plague doesn't count as a DOT, but Wampa applies DOT on his basic, which can't be cleansed if the enemy has plague. Which is the next best thing to Zader in terms of uncleansable DOTs. Even 3 DOTs on the enemy means 100% counter chance for Wampa, which can be really crucial.

Oh true, I forgot that Plague meant the DOTs won't be cleansed, but they can time out. Honestly the biggest problem I've come across is that R2 makes it very hard for Wampa to counter attack, especially with RJT lead allowing him to reduce that cooldown and semi spam smokescreen. What have people been finding works best against RJT teams? I've tried Rex lead, but haven't really played around too much with the rest of the team comp. Was thinking of maybe going Rex, Wampa, Chaze, GK or maybe Rex, Wampa, Chaze, R2. Or potentially putting in Han like Zader, Wampa, Han, GK, Thrawn? Lots of NS teams on my shard so I can play around with those easily, but the RJT teams I either go around or switch to Titans to beat them as they're easy enough to beat with Titans, Zader just can't really compete with them. Thinking Baze's AOE dispel might be nice, but it might not be helpful he's just constantly dazed by RJT/Stunned by R2.
  • Sharing a video of my arena team right now ... zWampa with 2 bayonets vs NS team ... Has an unexpected ending.

Oooooh
  • Shore is the key against RJT teams. He has a pre taunt, which means Rey is forced to ignore all the others on her first move. She can either chain attack him or ability block him, but can't touch the others. Keep a couple of other tanks in there with Rex lead, and Wampa does the rest of the damage.

Check out this matchup ... Easy win on auto against an RJT team with GK and Old Ben.

https://youtu.be/VcxuVT1BRY8
  • @EndallBeall Nice!!

Which mods on Wampa, have link to .gg info? Why 86k power when all of them have 7*, that's weird.
  • Here is a link to my current profile -

https://swgoh.gg/u/endallbeall/collection/

At the time I made that video, Thrawn was the only zeta in this team, which is why the power level is so low. Now I've zetad Wampa too, so it should be bumped up by 2k. The RJT teams you are seeing in the video all have 100K power at least, given that they all have so many zetas (RJT 2-3, R2 2, BB-8 1).

At the time I made that video, Thrawn was the only zeta in this team, which is why the power level is so low. Now I've zetad Wampa too, so it should be bumped up by 2k. The RJT teams you are seeing in the video all have 100K power at least, given that they all have so many zetas (RJT 2-3, R2 2, BB-8 1).

Great videos buddy. Do you still like the shore and old Ben combo. I am thinking about running that Rex team and I have some pretty sweet mods to make them move fast.
  • EndallBeall
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    For the last couple of weeks I've been running Rex (L), Talzin, Wampa, Shore and Ben.

Shore is an absolute must, just for his pre-taunt (reduces JTR teams options against you) and for Heal (critical against those NS matchups). I'm still experimenting with Old Ben, and sometimes on offense I place Thrawn instead of him.

Here is a video I posted on reddit with this latest combo I'm running.

https://youtu.be/B8B2rHVzhz0

All matchups are auto-able, and very easy wins on manual. I barely fall to 6-7 overnight as people tend to avoid the Wampa-Talzin combo under Rex ... Very difficult to have a team that counters both, especially with Rex giving tenacity up and 2 taunters who can heal too.

I'm a couple of weeks away from unlocking Hermit Yoda too. I'm wondering if HY + pre-taunting KRU can replace Ben and Shore, but for now I'm extremely happy with this team. Thinking of giving Talzin her unique zeta and getting the last zeta for Wampa too.

Great videos buddy. Do you still like the shore and old Ben combo. I am thinking about running that Rex team and I have some pretty sweet mods to make them move fast.

Do share some videos of your team when you get a chance. Love to see how Wampas in other arenas are doing, and if some combo works better than others.
  • I have kru and hermit Yoda also. If you want me to try something let me know. https://swgoh.gg/u/reggaedragon/collection/