Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• They look great, kinda wish we got them instead of lame rose haha
  • I don't think Holdo would be that great in the typical zFinn team. I don't see myself replacing any of my expose sources nor R2 with her. If things go south, I'm already done, if they are right, I don't need her.
  • 52ordulu
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Two toons nobody is waiting for. Literally, nobody.

It’s one thing to say that you don’t want them but stop acting like “Literally nobody” does. I want them and other people on this forum have asked for them too. I get it. They’re not super popular, but believe it or not some people actually do like them.

most of the sw fans didnt want these 2 kitten characters.it is the correct saying i guess
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
  • Holdo seems to work really well with R2, BB-8, JTR Lead and Rose. Pretty slick move to bolster Rey.
  • So if you're sticking to Resistance only characters, how would you split the 10 in two teams ?

I think Zinn, Poe, Soldier, Rose and R2 on the first
    JTRey, Rey, BB8, Holdo and Pilot on the second
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    52ordulu wrote: »

It’s one thing to say that you don’t want them but stop acting like “Literally nobody” does. I want them and other people on this forum have asked for them too. I get it. They’re not super popular, but believe it or not some people actually do like them.

most of the sw fans didnt want these 2 kitten characters.it is the correct saying i guess

You do realize that it takes more than just a month to create these characters right? They had to start working on them before the movie and before people like you started complaining about them. So either they could have wasted money and not released them or they could have released them on schedule. They wouldn't just not release them.
  • @Ephran

Source on length of time to make characters?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • @DrMaggot I would definitely put R2 with JTR
  • Jtr need bb8. Bb8 needs r2. Holdo and rose were obviously what they had in mind when they released jtr, trying to be secretive about her ideal squad. So there's your starter team, which obviously would be tweaked in accordance the your shard and whatnot. Let's not overthink this release. It's very deliberate, and has probably been on the table since they got the movi script.
  • DrMaggot wrote: »
    So if you're sticking to Resistance only characters, how would you split the 10 in two teams ?

I think Zinn, Poe, Soldier, Rose and R2 on the first
    JTRey, Rey, BB8, Holdo and Pilot on the second

You wouldn’t want to split up the droids. BB-8 has some important droid synergy.
  • @Ephran

Source on length of time to make characters?

I don't have a specific timescale but basic logic dictates that they would have to plan these out WAY in advance. The character models alone probably took at least a few work days, then you have to actually design the abilities, the stats then you have to do play testing and rebalancing. Then you finally have to actually add the characters to the game and make sure that adding new code doesn't suddenly break everything. If it takes less than a month to design, make and release a character I would be shocked.
  • Ephran wrote: »

most of the sw fans didnt want these 2 sh..t characters.it is the correct saying i guess

You do realize that it takes more than just a month to create these characters right? They had to start working on them before the movie and before people like you started complaining about them. So either they could have wasted money and not released them or they could have released them on schedule. They wouldn't just not release them.

Or they could just keep the kit and reskin them, I am pretty sure it could be done within a month...
  • CorgiWolf wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »

most of the sw fans didnt want these 2 sh..t characters.it is the correct saying i guess

Or they could just keep the kit and reskin them, I am pretty sure it could be done within a month...

Why would they reskin a main character who is going to be released eventually regardless because they were in so much of the movie? It would also make whatever they got reskinned as cost more money which we all know EA would never agree to. Seriously just use basic logic.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    CorgiWolf wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »

Why would they reskin a main character who is going to be released eventually regardless because they were in so much of the movie? It would also make whatever they got reskinned as cost more money which we all know EA would never agree to. Seriously just use basic logic.

Well that depends on whether the extra investment would outweight the backslash created by releasing characters few people want. Sure they would get here eventually anyway, but they could be released later as something like Pao, main characters doesn't remotely equal strong characters here. But at the end of the day, players will just gobble up anything the devs serve if it makes them stronger so you are probably right. And that's why they don't give a rat's red backside about what characters we want.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Indeed, Holdo now at the bottom of the page in the arena strategy and rose nearly on page 3. Lol says it all really.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Zzzzzzz. Let's get to the EP rework!!!!!
  • Also be nice if down the road, besides the grievous rework, he also gets his command fleet ship...the malevolence or what not.
    I mean as feb update...no. but just down the road
  • baddeputy
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Rose is a fierce attacker? Really? Ok let's roll with it. Introducing Fierce Attacker Rose Tico also known as FART! Just like in the the movies, FART shows up unwanted and annoys everyone! FART's special ability is to sneak up on enemies in a silent and deadly way! Beware of FART!
  • Lol
    Actually i think holdo works well with rey jt... she will need her stars and g12 to shine and that will wait a few months but in the mean time she is not worse than other alternatives and makes it easy to beat strong ns squads...
  • baddeputy wrote: »
    Rose is a fierce attacker? Really? Ok let's roll with it. Introducing Fierce Attacker Rose Tico also known as FART! Just like in the the movies, FART shows up unwanted and annoys everyone! FART's special ability is to sneak up on enemies in a silent and deadly way! Beware of FART!

:lol::lol:
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    baddeputy wrote: »

Lol
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    Each time i come to new patch notes and see see the What's Ahead i hope to see:
    [img][/img]Untitled_zpsup5nfrv1.png

WE FORGOT WE HAVE JEDI, SEPARATISTS AND BOUNTY HUNTERS IN THE GAME, SORRY GUYS FACTION PASSES INC!

Only the Rose and Purple overshadow my disappointment in what i assume is a second Sith pass instead of making dead factions work -.- Atleast its not another Rebel pass so i guess we can be thankful for that ...

Dunno, I am still expecting Emperor Palpatine to get a zeta and maybe another unique, but be turned into a LS rebel...
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    baddeputy wrote: »

When she gets her zeta will the letter go before or after...?
  • CJK20 wrote: »
    I totally get what you're saying but on the other hand I have to see their side.

If every toon was released you ever wanted it would leave very little excitement and longevity to come in the game.

The release of the last Jedi no doubt has a few more toons to come yet more the FO faction now!

Jango will come, as will Revan and everyone else we're after just in good time.

I totally get the longevity aspect - that's something I knew I should have mentioned, but they haven't really given us too much of what we've asked for. I mean, if they update ships, then they still have plenty of things to give us still like Grievous rework, Droideka, BH, Jedi, Vader/Palp, Revan etc. I'm just saying, I haven't seen one thing addressed or updated that the majority has asked for since Luke, and before that it was R2, and before that I honestly can't remember. Why not give us one thing now, make lots of money, then save the rest for later? Idk. Even if every character we wanted was released, then they could still have good Reworks and content to add rather than just characters. I mean, it's going to end eventually when they are added, why not make a lot of money now by adding a couple big things and saving the 10'other big things for later? It just doesn't make sense to me.
  • Excuse me while I go vomit.
  • CJK20 wrote: »
    I totally get what you're saying but on the other hand I have to see their side.

If every toon was released you ever wanted it would leave very little excitement and longevity to come in the game.

The release of the last Jedi no doubt has a few more toons to come yet more the FO faction now!

Jango will come, as will Revan and everyone else we're after just in good time.

I totally get the longevity aspect - that's something I knew I should have mentioned, but they haven't really given us too much of what we've asked for. I mean, if they update ships, then they still have plenty of things to give us still like Grievous rework, Droideka, BH, Jedi, Vader/Palp, Revan etc. I'm just saying, I haven't seen one thing addressed or updated that the majority has asked for since Luke, and before that it was R2, and before that I honestly can't remember. Why not give us one thing now, make lots of money, then save the rest for later? Idk. Even if every character we wanted was released, then they could still have good Reworks and content to add rather than just characters. I mean, it's going to end eventually when they are added, why not make a lot of money now by adding a couple big things and saving the 10'other big things for later? It just doesn't make sense to me.

The longevity argument is complete nonsense if people bother to think about it a bit. The franchise was recently revitalized and there are no plans to stop in forseeable future, so there will be plenty of new characters to keep the game fresh for years, if not decades. The way Disney is going now, new characters might even be released faster than they are added here, with all the new movies and series. There really is no reason to keep so many demanded characters from us.
  • TyloRen wrote: »
    DEV POST
    Hiya Holotable Heroes! Here are the Game Updates for 1/25/2018

NEW CHARACTERS
    Hold on to what you love
    jhcrsfaqqwb2.png
    Admiral Holdo and Rose Tico join their fellow Heroes on the Holotable! Amilyn Holdo is a seasoned Resistance tank with powerful ally support and enemy debuffs, while Rose Tico is a fierce attacker who can stun and grant her allies buffs. Both of these valiant heroes are ready to join your Resistance squad and lead you to victory!
    For a sneak peek at their kits, please be sure to give the Character Strategy posts, linked below, a looksee.
    EVENTS
    Spark of the Resistance I
    Join forces with Resistance fighter ROSE TICO and battle the First Order in this new Marquee event!
    • Date event begins: January 27th
    • Lv requirements for event: 20+
    • Required Content for event: None

Spark of the Resistance II
    Join forces with AMILYN HOLDO and battle the First Order in her own unique Marquee event!
    • Date event begins: January 27th
    • Lv requirements for event: 20+
    • Required Content for event: None

SHARD SHUFFLE
    Wicket, Nightsisters, and the Character Release Cadence

Starting today, the following Character Shards will be made available in Shipments. Going forward, you’ll also see them in more traditional farmable locations. These characters will also continue to appear as rewards in their respective recurring events.
    • Wicket
    • Mother Talzin
    • Nightsister Zombie
    • Nightsister Spirit
    After listening to feedback and collecting player data, it’s clear that our efforts to make the distribution of these faction-defining characters special - by having them farmable exclusively behind recurring events has caused confusion on how marquee characters are released. In the future, we will be working harder to preserve the integrity of the Character Release Cadence, by ensuring that characters released via marquee events cycle through the game in a more standardized fashion, within clearly defined periods of time.
    Characters released via Territory Battles, legendary events, Hero’s Journeys, and other special occasions will continue to have a more unique and challenging farming schedule.
    Thank you all for helping us grow and improve the game!

Making an Appearance
    Kylo Ren (Unmasked) and his deadly Tie silencer have appeared on the holotable along with the fearsome First Order SF TIE pilot and their TIE fighter. Hurry into the fray to add these dark side characters to your crew today!
    Cantina 3-F
    • Kylo Ren (Unmasked)
    • TIE silencer
    Guild Store
    • First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot
    • First Order Special Forces TIE fighter

PACKS AND BUNDLES
    PACKS
    Resistance Technician Pack (Rose Tico)
    Use the RESISTANCE TECHNICIAN PACK to power up Rose Tico, an agile attacker who buffs her Resistance allies with her basic attack, and who can immobilize her opponents with a powerful Stun. This Pack will be available January 27th
    • 1299 Crystals
    • Minimum Level requirements: 20+
    • No purchase limit

Resistance Admiral Pack (Amilyn Holdo)
    Use the RESISTANCE ADMIRAL PACK to power up Amilyn Holdo, a seasoned Resistance tank who can support her allies by auto-Taunting, granting Foresight, recovering Health & Protection, and more! She also inflicts a powerful AoE Daze on your enemies with her Special attack. This Pack will be available January 27th
    • 1299 Crystals
    • Minimum Level requirements: 20+
    • No purchase limit

BUNDLES
    Resistance Technician Bundle
    Get 25 shards of Rose Tico with a RESISTANCE TECHNICIAN BUNDLE! This agile attacker buffs her Resistance allies with her basic attack, and can immobilize her opponents with a powerful Stun. This Bundle will be available January 27th
    • Character Shards: Rose Tico
    • Credits
    • XP Droids
    • Ability Materials
    • Gear
    Maximum 1 time purchase limit
    Minimum Level requirements: 20+

Resistance Admiral Bundle
    Get 25 shards of Amilyn Holdo with the RESISTANCE ADMIRAL BUNDLE! This seasoned Resistance tank can support her allies by auto-Taunting, granting Foresight, recovering Health & Protection, and more! She also inflicts a powerful AoE Daze on your enemies with her Special attack. This Bundle will be available January 27th
    • Character Shards: Amilyn Holdo
    • Credits
    • XP Droids
    • Ability Materials
    • Gear
    Maximum 1 time purchase limit
    Minimum Level requirements: 20+

BUGS
    Characters
    • Baze: “Unload” no longer deals bonus damage to characters with special buffs.
    • Royal Guard: Health Up buff from “Imperial Phalanx” will now expire correctly.
    • Hermit Yoda: “Master’s Protection” will no longer trigger the Confirm Escape Attempt panel in the Rancor Raid.
    Ships
    • Capital Ships upgraded to 7 stars will now award the achievement without needing to restart the application.
    Guild Events
    • Territory War: Fixed an issue where there was a typo in the ‘Details” tab.
    • Territory War: Defeated opponents in Territory War will now properly update.

Language
    • French: Plo Koon’s Force Judgement ability now states that it deals damage to all enemies. The Take Charge 8th rank description specifies that Jedi and clones gain 50% turn meter.
    • German: Added missing Level 8 Ability Bonus text description for Ugnaught’s basic ability.
    • German: Hoth Rebel Soldiers “Cover Fire” now correctly states that it inflicts an offense decrease. on the target.
    • German: Resistance Pilot's 'Guerrilla Tactics' ability level 4 now correctly states that it grants 5% Critical Chance
    • German: Chopper's basic ability 'Reckless Fling' now correctly states it can reduce cooldown 'by one round.
    • German: Teebo 'Bring Low' ability description now correctly states that it deal physical damage and not special damage.
    • German: Emperor Palpatine 'Lightning Strike' description now correctly states that the ability deals Special Damage.
    • Spanish: The requirements for the Executrix Fleet Mastery Event now correctly mention Light side Ships.

WHAT’S AHEAD

"The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural."

DEV POST

• We want troopers! Who’s with me? Maybe add some troopers with a vader rework?
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Stormtrooper_variants
  • ... This discussion is way better now than it was a couple of days ago; thanks so much for that!
  • All the complaining, they could’ve just not released anything. Not every character released has to be top tier game breaking. Introducing solid usable toons that are available for everyone that plays, how is that a bad thing? Silver spooned babies are so sad they aren’t getting their new DS toon RIGHT NOW! I main DS and agree they’re severely lacking, EP zeta should’ve been one of the first introduced, and now these new so-so toons both get them, it’s total ****. But, it’ll all come in due time, the dark side will rise up and crush them!