What other types of games do you guys play

Just curious on what other games you play besides this (if any). I usually play mario, Zelda, and Kirby games. I don’t really like shooting games, although my age majority does

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I’ve been playing a little bit of Getting Over It. I dont have time for much else
  • Right now I'm in love with xcom 2 it's shooting but tactical turn based not a real time reflex shooter
  • Poker, Catan, BSG, D&D, to name but a few.

This is pretty much the only video game I play now. I sometimes sample other phone games for a month or two but I usually drop them when I hit the paywall. I don’t play console at all anymore.
  • I've been getting back into Planet Coaster on PC, and I'm playing NHL 18 on PS4. SWGOH is the only mobile game I play.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    Poker, Catan, BSG, D&D, to name but a few.

This is pretty much the only video game I play now. I sometimes sample other phone games for a month or two but I usually drop them when I hit the paywall. I don’t play console at all anymore.
    Lots of my friends do PC gaming. Give that a try one day
  • I play Rocket League on console, and Oldschool Runescape (grind-based MMO) on pc :)
  • Just went back and beat gothic 1 this weekend. Just starting risen 3 again. And always playing Path of Exile
  • Grinding RL trying to get to platinum and some HOI IV, with a little PubG mixed in.
  • Grinding RL trying to get to platinum and some HOI IV, with a little PubG mixed in.

PUBG seems popular
  • Worms and FIFA with friends.

Battlefront 2 and Pokémon (yes, I'm over 20 years old) when I'm alone
  • I eat and breath battle bay and pokemon.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Joost wrote: »
    Worms and FIFA with friends.

What do you mean man? Competitive Pokemon is deep af, takes an adult to understand the mechanics and strategy.
  • Joost wrote: »
    Worms and FIFA with friends.

You’re my kind of guy, I still play Nintendo games (even though I’m too old for them). I just enjoy them more than other games
  • KOTOR
    SJWGOH
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    There is no age limit on Nintendo games. A good game is a good game.

The thing about zelda and Mario is that they almost exist in a parallel universe where big budget companies still care about the experiences they're producing, not just the revenue they are generating.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    @Snake2
    NOKIA-3310-GIF-2.gif
    ?!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Rofl! You found the incredibly obscure reference I was going for!
  • Snake2 wrote: »

The thing about zelda and Mario is that they almost exist in a parallel universe where big budget companies still care about the experiences they're producing, not just the revenue they are generating.

Thank you, someone who also knows that Nintendo actually creates good games. Unlike most Xbox and PS4 games. (Call of Duty GTA etc.)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »

Thank you, someone who also knows that Nintendo actually creates good games. Unlike most Xbox and PS4 games. (Call of Duty GTA etc.)

Um... comparing GTA to COD is like comparing Skyrim to Assassin’s Creed. It just doesn’t make sense
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Um... comparing GTA to COD is like comparing Skyrim to Assassin’s Creed. It just doesn’t make sense

I don’t play any of them, they just don’t interest me. Forgive me if my opinions are biased @DatBoi
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

I don’t play any of them, they just don’t interest me. Forgive me if my opinions are biased @DatBoi

I dont play them either and I’m not even a huge fan of GTA, but I recognize what makes them objectively better than the entry-every-year franchises that cash in on name value rather than actually improving.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Gta is an interesting topic to me. I get that they're good games, but for some reason with each iteration my interest is lost more and more. Been downhill since vice city for me.

I quit halfway through gta 4 and never looked back. I'm sure someone will tell me 5 is the best game in the series, and maybe it is, but I'm not sure I'd finish that one either if I played it.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Gta is an interesting topic to me. I get that they're good games, but for some reason with each iteration my interest is lost more and more. Been downhill since vice city for me.

I quit halfway through gta 4 and never looked back. I'm sure someone will tell me 5 is the best game in the series, and maybe it is, but I'm not sure I'd finish that one either if I played it.

It has a genuinely well told crime/action story with interesting characters, but as an explorable open world game, it’s incredibly dry and shallow (especially compared to bethesda games)