Barriss Offee changes

Replies

• ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Qeltar wrote: »
    This forum desperately needs an "ignore" feature.
    Thanks.
    I understand the hostility towards those who pay for things in game. It seems unfair for people to be able to buy their way to higher power.
    The thing is.. even without microtransactions, there is no level playing field.
    Player A is a doctor with a family and has 3 hours per week to play a game. Player B is a high school student and has 30 hours per week to play the same game. Is this "fair"?
    In some ways, microtransactions actually level the field by providing a time/money tradeoff. But some folks think they are somehow superior because they choose to spend hours instead of dollars. Whatever.
    If Ewok considers me "pay to win" I don't really care. I aim for balance. I currently have $5,000 sitting in a Paypal account, I could spend all of it on this game right now and it would have no impact on my family other than ticking off my wife. ;) I choose to limit myself to $50-100 a month, because for me this is cheap entertainment. I took a cousin out to dinner last night and spent that.
    Anyway, none of this is directly relevant to Barriss. The issue is being sold one thing and ending up with another.
    And it's not just the pack. I actually spent some crystals to buy Barriss shards last week. That was essentially a waste.
    It's fine for them to make balance adjustments. But they should be in frequent and SUBTLE. These changes were not.

hours instead of spending money? LOL, what are yout alking about f2p players cant even play that many hours, once we run out of energy we're stuck, but p2p get to play for hours, get your facts right before blabbering on and on.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    ewok wrote: »
    luter wrote: »
    The same thing is happening in clash of clans they did an horrible update and now people want gem refund witch they are getting it,only they accounts are being closed.So i think the same thing should happen here if you want your packs refunded it would be ideal for you to get some punishing.After all you were placed first second or in top 100 in arena and you got the rewards for that and other things because you had a good team. You knew what you were getting into so why are you making this a big deal.Even the characters now witch are offered will in a 100$ pack will propably get buffed and some nerfed.Heck even sid will see a nerf,they are just letting people farm it up and then introduce a new character who is better and more powerful.But i dont mind this i play this game because i enjoy it and i didnt spend a dime on it and will prob never will knowing ea and their style.Still a company has to make earnings but how they do it and how good this reflects to the customers that's another topic.

Exactly. Great post.

You few guys that are so proud to not "pay a dime" and are happy to see others get wronged are really coming off as incredibly rude. Why are you so happy to see people have something they purchased get reduced in value? And why do you not think that a customer that purchased something that was reduced in value by the company they purchased it from should get some kind of compensation? Also, why when the customer can't get any help from that company and goes to a 3rd party do you think it's good to shut down that customer's account? You and a few others have a lot of hate in you and it's pretty nasty to see it so passionately displayed on this forum...over a game.

I'm not happy to see people get wronged, I'm just saying this was common sense, and I'm not the one who started being rude. If you go back to earlier posts it was all p2p people saying, oh if you have problems with barriss you dont have any strats or you're a noob etc. According to them barriss is useless but they're still having a hissy fit, if she's useless I wonder why they bought her, and why they're so upset she got nerfed.

Because she was good early in the game's rollout at that time and people didn't have anything else built up. That's the oddity here - she wasn't OP once you had more toons and more developed toons. The non-F2P could just see that faster as they advanced faster with unlocking / building other stuff at a faster pace. This is not to say P2P are any smarter and it was probably articulated poorly by calling you a "noob" but that's what the perspective of the pay player was coming from. Barriss really started to pale in comparison to other toons and you could see stuff that was really good. Sleeper for example - Stormtrooper Han. That guy has a skill that if you don't have dispel will seem really OP. So to me it made no sense to target Dooku or Barriss as they were good, and yeah really good at an early point in the game given the rosters at that time, but in no way were they even like 1st / 2nd tier type toons that you feared.

My server is over 3 weeks old now and in the last few days she was already coming out of people's teams and leaderboards. She was just in 2/10 leaderboards. She served a very specific purpose and that was a great heal. Now she actually has a detrimental heal in many cases because while she can save one toon that is near death, the sacrifice part now is heavy. She's like Talia's heal but for the whole team. That heal was the only reason she was really playable and now she's probably 2nd / 3rd team or so. She'a a liability on offense and now her heal is just situational and can be a negative to the team as a whole. She's now not really a healer she's an equalizer, which penalizes the overall team to sacrifice the weakest toon. That is bad in GW for example as you want to buff your entire team as they have to go through a gauntlet...all 5 of them, not just one. So weakening others to save one guy is a negative. I often now have to fire Barriss's heal to bring up a wounded character and then fire JC's heal to get the team's overall health back up.

The other part he is they went REALLY heavy on the actual nerf itself. This was not babysteps...they just whacked the junk out of her and made no offsetting change.

So if she's so horrible to start out with, and there are far betetr chars, stop crying about it. Get over it. It's not a big deal and respect the devs decision. There were JUST as many dooku complaints, and they didnt nerf him, they obviously believed she was too op.
  • I bought the Heroine pack and barely a day later the main character got nerfed into oblivion AND a new pack with the cool movie characters launched. To day I feel bait and switched to the extreme is an understatement. At a minimum I would think $50 in crystals is in order, but I really just want my money back.
  • ewok wrote: »
    So basically you paid to win, and you got screwed over.

The people who "paid to win" are the ones who spent $1000 on chromium packs. Guess what? They aren't complaining about Barriss, because they aren't USING Barriss. And guess what? They aren't using Barriss because she was never that OP in the first place.
    This move doesn't "screw over" the real "P2W" players. It screws over those in the middle, who are willing to spend a little bit to save time and have more fun.. and to support the game in a reasonable manner.

Most reasonable comment in this thread. Couldn't have said it better Qeltar. Now comes Ewok telling me how stupid I am. Yes I am a P2P!! Woot! Money money moneeeeyy, MONEY! And yes, it's a way more FUN game when you spend some money on it. Otherwise, it's ummm...BORING after the first few days. Let me sit here and wait for my energy to build back up. Man this is fun. Oh look, my chars suck and I died 20 times and now I'm out of energy. Oh boy, this is fun. Let me wait 6 hours until the next shipment. Now we're getting somewhere. Woohoo!

I don't care that I spent the money. And I certainly don't care if I pay to win, because there are always people willing to pay more. What's **** is buying an advertised product and having it changed not a day or two later, but three weeks later. Oh look a new iPhone. Buy iPhone, use iPhone, buy case, screen protector, apps etc. Three weeks later Apple downgrades the software because it's better than a flip phone. Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day.

How is it more boring LOL, it's far more buying paying to win. It's fun building up your own team from scratch and breaking the top 50. Yes I get you guys are extremely **** your broken character got nerfed, but I didnt peep a complaint before the nerf, and I didnt peep a complaint about the nerf of resistance troopers/pilot. Why cant you guys respect the devs decision?

I respect their decision - I was already planning my team and building to move past Barriss because I saw how in PVP she was becoming a liability with her weak offense. With the timer you need to kill stuff quick, not throw cotton balls at it. I do think though they should stand by their product and offer some kind of olive branch. I'd really love if they just gave me back 50% of all the game swag I put in to her: half the gear pieces, half the shards I farmed on map 6 for her, half the credits to level her, half the ability mats. I would not have likely acquired her or built her up strong in her current state. I think Lumi and JC are better and more reliable healers now that can also do some damage. I thought Barriss was balanced with an strong heal because she was such a liability on offense. Kind of like Darth Maul - guy is OP on attacking, but he's super slow and really squishy. So he's balanced. JC is kind of in the middle - he's not great or bad at anything, just solid in health/abilities/heal/attacking.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Darkstar wrote: »
    I bought the Heroine pack and barely a day later the main character got nerfed into oblivion AND a new pack with the cool movie characters launched. To day I feel bait and switched to the extreme is an understatement. At a minimum I would think $50 in crystals is in order, but I really just want my money back.

I feel for you, but according to your fellow Barriss users, she was horrible and there are better options so it's not a big deal.
  • [/quote] How is it more boring LOL, it's far more buying paying to win. It's fun building up your own team from scratch and breaking the top 50. Yes I get you guys are extremely **** your broken character got nerfed, but I didnt peep a complaint before the nerf, and I didnt peep a complaint about the nerf of resistance troopers/pilot. Why cant you guys respect the devs decision? [/quote]

My last post Ewok just to reply you obviously did not understand the iPhone analogy. It's not just the phone, it's all the other stuff you get. I would have respected the devs more if their decision would have been to make a new char that insta killed Barris, because then, I would have bought the new char. And it's not just Barris, it's the Sid/Maul boost, changes to Jinn and others. I made buying decisions based on the advertised products and now I can't return them? This gum tastes like a certain **** area. According to your opinion, I should just be happy with it and chew it. Mmmmmmmm.
    The same thing is happening in clash of clans they did an horrible update and now people want gem refund witch they are getting it,only they accounts are being closed.So i think the same thing should happen here if you want your packs refunded it would be ideal for you to get some punishing.After all you were placed first second or in top 100 in arena and you got the rewards for that and other things because you had a good team. You knew what you were getting into so why are you making this a big deal.Even the characters now witch are offered will in a 100$ pack will propably get buffed and some nerfed.Heck even sid will see a nerf,they are just letting people farm it up and then introduce a new character who is better and more powerful.But i dont mind this i play this game because i enjoy it and i didnt spend a dime on it and will prob never will knowing ea and their style.Still a company has to make earnings but how they do it and how good this reflects to the customers that's another topic.

Exactly. Great post.

You few guys that are so proud to not "pay a dime" and are happy to see others get wronged are really coming off as incredibly rude. Why are you so happy to see people have something they purchased get reduced in value? And why do you not think that a customer that purchased something that was reduced in value by the company they purchased it from should get some kind of compensation? Also, why when the customer can't get any help from that company and goes to a 3rd party do you think it's good to shut down that customer's account? You and a few others have a lot of hate in you and it's pretty nasty to see it so passionately displayed on this forum...over a game.

I'm not happy to see people get wronged, I'm just saying this was common sense, and I'm not the one who started being rude. If you go back to earlier posts it was all p2p people saying, oh if you have problems with barriss you dont have any strats or you're a noob etc. According to them barriss is useless but they're still having a hissy fit, if she's useless I wonder why they bought her, and why they're so upset she got nerfed.

Because she was good early in the game's rollout at that time and people didn't have anything else built up. That's the oddity here - she wasn't OP once you had more toons and more developed toons. The non-F2P could just see that faster as they advanced faster with unlocking / building other stuff at a faster pace. This is not to say P2P are any smarter and it was probably articulated poorly by calling you a "noob" but that's what the perspective of the pay player was coming from. Barriss really started to pale in comparison to other toons and you could see stuff that was really good. Sleeper for example - Stormtrooper Han. That guy has a skill that if you don't have dispel will seem really OP. So to me it made no sense to target Dooku or Barriss as they were good, and yeah really good at an early point in the game given the rosters at that time, but in no way were they even like 1st / 2nd tier type toons that you feared.

My server is over 3 weeks old now and in the last few days she was already coming out of people's teams and leaderboards. She was just in 2/10 leaderboards. She served a very specific purpose and that was a great heal. Now she actually has a detrimental heal in many cases because while she can save one toon that is near death, the sacrifice part now is heavy. She's like Talia's heal but for the whole team. That heal was the only reason she was really playable and now she's probably 2nd / 3rd team or so. She'a a liability on offense and now her heal is just situational and can be a negative to the team as a whole. She's now not really a healer she's an equalizer, which penalizes the overall team to sacrifice the weakest toon. That is bad in GW for example as you want to buff your entire team as they have to go through a gauntlet...all 5 of them, not just one. So weakening others to save one guy is a negative. I often now have to fire Barriss's heal to bring up a wounded character and then fire JC's heal to get the team's overall health back up.

The other part he is they went REALLY heavy on the actual nerf itself. This was not babysteps...they just whacked the junk out of her and made no offsetting change.

So if she's so horrible to start out with, and there are far betetr chars, stop crying about it. Get over it. It's not a big deal and respect the devs decision. There were JUST as many dooku complaints, and they didnt nerf him, they obviously believed she was too op.

Never said she was horrible. She had her utility. Just like Chewy has his utility. Chewy is still in my main GW team because of his taunt. Chewy and Barriss are of comparable value based on what I've seen. I'd have the same reaction if they nerfed Chewy. If they removed his taunt because it was "OP" or took away his self heal or cut it by 75% it would be similar. You're taking this in extremes to prove a point. I did still use her, just like Chewy, so I do wish yes she wouldn't have been touched. So I do care, but just like I would for Chewy. Just because you use something doesn't make it OP - just may mean it's the best of what I have on the roster at that time or in that given situation.

There's also just principles here and wronging customers and saying "get over it" is really lame.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    How is it more boring LOL, it's far more buying paying to win. It's fun building up your own team from scratch and breaking the top 50. Yes I get you guys are extremely **** your broken character got nerfed, but I didnt peep a complaint before the nerf, and I didnt peep a complaint about the nerf of resistance troopers/pilot. Why cant you guys respect the devs decision? [/quote]

My last post Ewok just to reply you obviously did not understand the iPhone analogy. It's not just the phone, it's all the other stuff you get. I would have respected the devs more if their decision would have been to make a new char that insta killed Barris, because then, I would have bought the new char. And it's not just Barris, it's the Sid/Maul boost, changes to Jinn and others. I made buying decisions based on the advertised products and now I can't return them? This gum tastes like a certain **** area. According to your opinion, I should just be happy with it and chew it. Mmmmmmmm.
    [/quote]

I understood the analogy, but it was a horrible one. The likely hood of a tech company downgrading their stuff after advertising it a certain way is extremely unlikely. However, having a character nerfed or buffed in a game that has made it clear that there will be several changes isn't unlikely at all. Maybe you need to pay attention more.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member

Exactly. Great post.

Never said she was horrible. She had her utility. Just like Chewy has his utility. Chewy is still in my main GW team because of his taunt. Chewy and Barriss are of comparable value based on what I've seen. I'd have the same reaction if they nerfed Chewy. If they removed his taunt because it was "OP" or took away his self heal or cut it by 75% it would be similar. You're taking this in extremes to prove a point. I did still use her, just like Chewy, so I do wish yes she wouldn't have been touched. So I do care, but just like I would for Chewy. Just because you use something doesn't make it OP - just may mean it's the best of what I have on the roster at that time or in that given situation.

There's also just principles here and wronging customers and saying "get over it" is really lame.

So why haven't you peeped a word about resistance troopers and pilots getting nerfed? Chewie isn't op in anyway

The people who "paid to win" are the ones who spent $1000 on chromium packs. Guess what? They aren't complaining about Barriss, because they aren't USING Barriss. And guess what? They aren't using Barriss because she was never that OP in the first place.
    This move doesn't "screw over" the real "P2W" players. It screws over those in the middle, who are willing to spend a little bit to save time and have more fun.. and to support the game in a reasonable manner.

Most reasonable comment in this thread. Couldn't have said it better Qeltar. Now comes Ewok telling me how stupid I am. Yes I am a P2P!! Woot! Money money moneeeeyy, MONEY! And yes, it's a way more FUN game when you spend some money on it. Otherwise, it's ummm...BORING after the first few days. Let me sit here and wait for my energy to build back up. Man this is fun. Oh look, my chars suck and I died 20 times and now I'm out of energy. Oh boy, this is fun. Let me wait 6 hours until the next shipment. Now we're getting somewhere. Woohoo!

I don't care that I spent the money. And I certainly don't care if I pay to win, because there are always people willing to pay more. What's **** is buying an advertised product and having it changed not a day or two later, but three weeks later. Oh look a new iPhone. Buy iPhone, use iPhone, buy case, screen protector, apps etc. Three weeks later Apple downgrades the software because it's better than a flip phone. Sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day.

How is it more boring LOL, it's far more buying paying to win. It's fun building up your own team from scratch and breaking the top 50. Yes I get you guys are extremely **** your broken character got nerfed, but I didnt peep a complaint before the nerf, and I didnt peep a complaint about the nerf of resistance troopers/pilot. Why cant you guys respect the devs decision?

I respect their decision - I was already planning my team and building to move past Barriss because I saw how in PVP she was becoming a liability with her weak offense. With the timer you need to kill stuff quick, not throw cotton balls at it. I do think though they should stand by their product and offer some kind of olive branch. I'd really love if they just gave me back 50% of all the game swag I put in to her: half the gear pieces, half the shards I farmed on map 6 for her, half the credits to level her, half the ability mats. I would not have likely acquired her or built her up strong in her current state. I think Lumi and JC are better and more reliable healers now that can also do some damage. I thought Barriss was balanced with an strong heal because she was such a liability on offense. Kind of like Darth Maul - guy is OP on attacking, but he's super slow and really squishy. So he's balanced. JC is kind of in the middle - he's not great or bad at anything, just solid in health/abilities/heal/attacking.

So basically you had a huge advantage with her mid game lvl 40's-50's, and now since you find her useless you want something more out of her lol. C'mon, you can't make this stuff up.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015

I think the green-eyed monster is very much in evidence in this thread. It's kinda sad, though in a way predictable.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Exactly. Great post.

So why haven't you peeped a word about resistance troopers and pilots getting nerfed? Chewie isn't op in anyway

So basically you had a huge advantage with her mid game lvl 40's-50's, and now since you find her useless you want something more out of her lol. C'mon, you can't make this stuff up.

Where did I say huge advantage? You put words in people's mouths and making your own assumptions. Having a use for something is a far cry form having a huge advantage. Like I said - Chewy I have him at 6* and working on his purple gear. I find his taunt / heal in GW to be very beneficial. I'm going to keep farming him to 7* for that purpose.

You're just wanting to see your own point and being very closed minded. You just are happy seeing others upset, admit it man.

On the Pilots...I don't have them and didn't use them. I can't speak on if they were OP or not OP or deserved a nerf or not. I don't make up stuff and leap to assumptions without having information. I would have no problem at all though if they comped people for what resources (gear, credits) etc. some amount for those characters. Many people I heard on the forums used their high damage to take out glass cannon toons. They were pretty weak health units as well...intuitively I don't see why they were nerfed.

You're so set on making this a free vs. pay player war man.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    I'm sorry that the people who paid to win got wrecked, but you guys need to pay attention to what you're purchasing.

Exactly. Great post.

Where did I say huge advantage? You put words in people's mouths and making your own assumptions. Having a use for something is a far cry form having a huge advantage. Like I said - Chewy I have him at 6* and working on his purple gear. I find his taunt / heal in GW to be very beneficial. I'm going to keep farming him to 7* for that purpose.

You're just wanting to see your own point and being very closed minded. You just are happy seeing others upset, admit it man.

On the Pilots...I don't have them and didn't use them. I can't speak on if they were OP or not OP or deserved a nerf or not. I don't make up stuff and leap to assumptions without having information. I would have no problem at all though if they comped people for what resources (gear, credits) etc. some amount for those characters. Many people I heard on the forums used their high damage to take out glass cannon toons. They were pretty weak health units as well...intuitively I don't see why they were nerfed.

I'm not, I'm just saying that you guys are being obviously selfish. You paid to win KNOWING that any character could be nerfed or buffed. If you didnt know this you spnet money on a product that you did not do research on. You guys REAPED the benefits with Barriss there is no denying this, you spent money on her because she was an amazing character. Now that you find her useless you want a refund, be honest then, once you reaped the benefits the nerf was great for you, becuase now you have a case for a refund.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm sorry that the people who paid to win got wrecked, but you guys need to pay attention to what you're purchasing.

I did. What I have now is not even close to what I purchased.
    You can keep pretending that this doesn't matter, but it does.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member

I did. What I have now is not even close to what I purchased.
    You can keep pretending that this doesn't matter, but it does.

Why do you force me to repeat myself. Before you purchase something you need to do your research, this game made it clear that there will be updates(nerfs, buffs). You either bought barriss knowing this, or you didnt do enough research. Either way the only person you can blame is yourself.
  • Just know people have already requested, n received there refunds, and kept the toons.....but go ahead and troll on.
  • i think it might be a little too early to tell if they will get to keep the toons?
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed violates TOS
    Post edited by Hillsop on
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed Violates TOS
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I think a compensation pack ($50 worth of Crystal) will satisfy with most folks.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed Violates TOS
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Before you purchase something you need to do your research, this game made it clear that there will be updates(nerfs, buffs).

Yes, they did. I consider this nerf excessive and am expressing my displeasure to a company TO WHOM I PAID MONEY.
    That is my right.
    I have not requested a refund from Google. I am telling the company TO WHOM I PAID MONEY that I am not happy with the change they made.
    If you don't like that, that's your problem.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Before you purchase something you need to do your research, this game made it clear that there will be updates(nerfs, buffs).

Yes, they did. I consider this nerf excessive and am expressing my displeasure to a company TO WHOM I PAID MONEY.
    That is my right.
    I have not requested a refund from Google. I am telling the company TO WHOM I PAID MONEY that I am not happy with the change they made.
    If you don't like that, that's your problem.

You have every right to complain, but in my opinion EA did nothing wrong.
  • Wow! I didnt read more than the first sentence in this thread, but while scrolling it i have to say i have seen some of the longest posts ever on this forum. Thing is, if your purchase wasnt adjusted then you dont have an opinion on this subject. Not one that matters anyway. Im guessing the long posts are due to you losing something if a refund happens... otherwise, why make the longest post of your life? What are you losing? Thinking... ohh you like to see people upset and a refund takes that enjoyment away from you! Got it! Just another reason to not have read what you had to say. I dont have time for noise.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda

Exactly. Great post.

I'm not, I'm just saying that you guys are being obviously selfish. You paid to win KNOWING that any character could be nerfed or buffed. If you didnt know this you spnet money on a product that you did not do research on. You guys REAPED the benefits with Barriss there is no denying this, you spent money on her because she was an amazing character. Now that you find her useless you want a refund, be honest then, once you reaped the benefits the nerf was great for you, becuase now you have a case for a refund.

You just really hate pay players man. You keep referring to pay. I'm telling you I still use Chewy - I'm still reaping benefit from him as you like to say. I've spent $ on Chewy actually in building him. Sure it wasn't in a pack, but it was money. Knowing it could or couldn't be nerfed doesn't matter. Everyone here most likely has played games before. You're not the only guy with any experience sir. What we do have experience with though is other gaming companies giving some kind of token benefit to their wronged customers.

This will be my last piece on this though Ewok. What's done is done. I can see you have an inflexible agenda here and get glee out of the disappointment of others.
  • ewok
    149 posts Member
    Pilot wrote: »
    Wow! I didnt read more than the first sentence in this thread, but while scrolling it i have to say i have seen some of the longest posts ever on this forum. Thing is, if your purchase wasnt adjusted then you dont have an opinion on this subject. Not one that matters anyway. Im guessing the long posts are due to you losing something if a refund happens... otherwise, why make the longest post of your life? What are you losing? Thinking... ohh you like to see people upset and a refund takes that enjoyment away from you! Got it! Just another reason to not have read what you had to say. I dont have time for noise.

Exactly.

Exactly. Great post.

You just really hate pay players man. You keep referring to pay. I'm telling you I still use Chewy - I'm still reaping benefit from him as you like to say. I've spent $ on Chewy actually in building him. Sure it wasn't in a pack, but it was money. Knowing it could or couldn't be nerfed doesn't matter. Everyone here most likely has played games before. You're not the only guy with any experience sir. What we do have experience with though is other gaming companies giving some kind of token benefit to their wronged customers.

This will be my last piece on this though Ewok. What's done is done. I can see you have an inflexible agenda here and get glee out of the disappointment of others.

It's sad how people think there's always an agenda and people just can't have an opinion. Good day Johnny, try not to be so paranoid.
  • First of all, I don't get how people can cry "OP" and "Nerf" so early after a game release. Has everybody already seen all characters at 7*, Lv.60 with max. gear? I sure haven't. An "OP" hero for me means, that this hero is (by himself or as part of a team) unbeatable by other teams (on the same level). So how should I possibly know which hero is "OP"? The only people that can know this, are those (soft launchies) who already are at Lv.60 and posess (close to) every single hero in the game. And I haven't heard any of them screaming "OP/Nerf". Usually, those heaviest P2Ps are the ones arguing for the benefit of the game rather than their own. And by the way, as an almost F2P ($4.99 Doku) so far, I haven't had the feeling that there were any "OP" heroes. Yes, Bariss was one of the toughest opponents for sure, but that is totally okay. There will always be stronger and weaker heroes and usually the ones you have to pay for are the stronger ones. And that's totally fine!
    But I am also quite astonished that the screaming and whining in the forums had such a huge influence, that they actually did nerf Bariss.
    So if I remember correctly, the "Heroine Pack" contained of more than just Barris. Wasn't it US$ 49.99 for:
    "Barris (4*) +Asajj (3*) +Ahsoka (2*) + Nightsister Initiate (1*) +Asajj (30 shards) + Ahsoka (25 shards) + Nightsister Initiate (40 shards) + 40 Training Droids (3*) + 350,000 credits"

I generally am against a refund, because this opens a gate you can never close again.
    I don't think a full refund of $50 (while keeping everything you got) is the right solution, but maybe some kind of compensation (crystals) would be appropriate.

ps: Thanks to the user "ewok" for all his postings. I usually like to know early which forum posters I can ignore. And you are the first on the list, congrats.
  • I think they need to build a refund system into the game. I think we should have the ability to reset characters to level and skill 1 and get back all training and skill mats put into it.

For premium characters I think each should have a sell back value in crystals.
  • I still think she's a good toon, nerfed, sure but she was OP to begin with.

Mostly people were over reliant on her and got upset when the nerf upset the apple cart. I bought the pack 6 days ago but I'll wait and see what EA_Jesse says about it before crying about a refund.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    xsebx wrote: »
    As far as getting banned for a refund, yes it happens. I played EA's Need For Speed World fanatically, poured in hundreds of dollars. I got one refund of $10 and with in 24 hours, my whole account was gone and I never got it back even with many months (EA email customer support is not in any hurry I assure you) of pleading/begging for understanding. There are countless such stories of folks getting banned from Simpson's Tapped Out (also EA) after refunds. I decided from the start I'd never drop a dime on this game. Just going to stick to F2P. I did purchase the Dooku pack, but I got it from Google Opinion Rewards (surveys for google bucks) earnings so I still consider that free. I'd never consider paying anything more than $5 here or there for extra content. I'll grind for everything possibly free and have fun. I can't wrap my mind around spending my electric bill for a few toons that will end up nerfed.

As time progresses, I almost feel relieved that I too went the F2P direction as well seeing all the drama buying things in IAP has caused people. I am surprised that some received refunds personally but was then also surprised that asking for a refund could have your entire game shut down!! What if a P2P customer receives a refund on Bariss but bought other upgrades and now loses them, does EA then refund all money spent on upgrades or does it end up like, ask for a $50 refund and lose the rest of your money because that sounds unfair....
  • This nerf was a bad move by EA. I am one of those who bought Barris and she was very usefull in the beginning, so I do not regret buying her. With her on her team we have been able to progress faster than ftp players and have been able to get the other better characters as well as lvl'ing up the rest of the team. The problem with Barris is that she stagnates and becomes progressivly less useful when the rest of the team grows. Thus:
    Stage 1: in the beginning she (and doku) is OP! <- most ftp players are still here and their anger is understandable
    Stage 2: she is still usefull (I still use her), but your team has grown strong enough to shut her down when she defends (no longer OP)
    Stage 3a: You have gotten the best characters (that you can lvl without packs), given them max gear and max lvl. Since you can't lvl Barris. She has become irrelevant compaired to the rest of your team.
    Stage 3b: Have spent millions on this game and max lvl'd all the pack characters. You will never find Barris on these teams because she is a joke compaired to the best pack character even without synergies.

Lastly the reason EA made a mistake is that we now know that the strongest buyable characters today, could be nerfed to oblivion tomorrow. Investing huge amounts in a pack with superstrong characters is no longer worth the gamble. Nerfs like this is good for game balance, but terrible for selling characters. imagine if they did the same with gems (nerf their value by doubling all the costs)
This discussion has been closed.