February Events [MERGE]

Replies

• DrMaggot
    227 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, they reduced the number of TB's but remember that we had a 4 days wait between each TBs, and 6x3 + 4x3 = 30 days so no we did not have 4 TB a month, we had 3. SInce then they introduced the TW, and we get two inbetween the TBs. THat brings us to roughly 2 TBs and 4-6 TW a month, which is plenty.
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    He currently inhabits my Bounty Hunter body in SWTOR as I work through the weird story missions :)

hahah...for me, it was a one of my Dark Side characters, my Sith Juggernaut. Thought the story line was quite good.
  • DrMaggot wrote: »
    .... THat brings us to roughly 2 TBs and 4-6 TW a month, which is plenty.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I'd prefer that I could keep getting rewards and farming the TB/GET characters at the same pace as I could when TB was first introduced.
  • I did. Thanks.

A Padawan, trained by the Jedi, is an apprentice, but still counts as... yep. A Corusant Underworld Police. Oh wait... No... That would be a Jedi.

Could be multiclassed as both though.

For three years, Tyranus led the Confederacy against the Republic. During this time, Tyranus then recruited Dathomirian/Rattaki warlord and former Jedi Padawan Asajj Ventress as his assassin.[15] Despite proving herself worthy of being his apprentice,[16] Sidious was disturbed by how she was becoming more powerful. Thus, Sidious ordered Tyranus to eliminate her. Tyranus had little choice but to have Ventress marked for death during the Battle of Sullust.[15]

My understanding of this, direct copy paste from wookiepedia, implies that Ventress was marked for death before she could officially be named apprentice by Dooku.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    There is also a chance that they didn't want to load up the calendar we see, because there are other super awesome, super big things coming our way.

Kyno has inside information!!! Quick!! Get him and use the Jedi mind trick to make him tell us what he knows!

Did i mention its super awesomely awesome....because thats all im told... they dont trust me with any real information, I talk to much.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    There is also a chance that they didn't want to load up the calendar we see, because there are other super awesome, super big things coming our way.

Kyno has inside information!!! Quick!! Get him and use the Jedi mind trick to make him tell us what he knows!

Did i mention its super awesomely awesome....because thats all im told... they dont trust me with any real information, I talk to much.

tenor.gif?itemid=5960200
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Its their way of slowing down people's progression. They must think we're gearing too fast. I think its garbage and said as much when the January calendar was release. Its unfortunate for sure. Just had another 2 year player quit the game today because he is fed up with all the shenanigans.
    Post edited by Eclipso on
  • Kyno wrote: »

I can't wait for those. I'd prefer less TW and not a lot for TB. If it's going to be as much as we've speculated, we will need the break.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I'd prefer less TW and not a lot for TB.

This, except the exact opposite.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EvgeniKessel
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2018

tenor.gif?itemid=5960200

Sergeant Doakes is always watching ...
    Go Pens!
  • And the answer is... Sith Assassin!!!
  • I'm not hater about tbs, only which I don't like than we get like 1 of each per month.. As many of us already 7* rolo in competitive guilds.. But ipd getting slow by this new cadence a lot (I'm not talking about difficulty just a fact that ipd to finish will takes several months just because they decide to this way)
  • The whole Ventress is a sith is a moot point because her character in the game is from a point in the Star Wars timeline where she was a nightsister only
  • I'd love to see them go to 1 TW between TBs and speed up the rotation of TBs a bit. TWs are painful. Its pretty much the same handful of teams stacked over and over on defense and generally just ends in a tie anyhow.
  • CorgiWolf
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    aperingo wrote: »
    And the answer is... Sith Assassin!!!

Ok, time to farm Sith Trooper.
    *buys three cantina refreshes, recieves a grand total of two shards*
    This might take a while...
  • I'd love to see them go to 1 TW between TBs and speed up the rotation of TBs a bit. TWs are painful. Its pretty much the same handful of teams stacked over and over on defense and generally just ends in a tie anyhow.

I don't see why they can't be run at the same time. It's not like they're dependent on each other for anything. I mean, they don't block arena battles when raids are active, or GW when Places of Power drops. They're wholly independent activities.
  • collapsE wrote: »
    I'm not hater about tbs, only which I don't like than we get like 1 of each per month.. As many of us already 7* rolo in competitive guilds.. But ipd getting slow by this new cadence a lot (I'm not talking about difficulty just a fact that ipd to finish will takes several months just because they decide to this way)

Most players aren't in competitive guilds and don't have ROLO 7* much less even unlocked. I'm sitting pretty at 23 ROLO shards out of 80 and yet I feel like we're getting along nicely.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • I wish they would reduce TB down to 3 or 4 days and just keep the same rewards. 6 days is just too much (and 3 days is what was originally intended).

That way, TB can be done more often and we could still have plenty of days off from any TB or TW, in order to focus on farming or special events.
  • And trained by a sith, as a sith, utilizing the dark side and her sith training as an assassin. Simple.

Could you give us a link from something official that proves shes a sith?

Officially? No
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/asajj-ventress

Unofficially? Yes
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Asajj_Ventress

But this game isn't canon. Officially, HK47 doesn't exist, Sith trooper, Nihilus doesn't exist officially. So why worry about "officially"
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @burby888 , Ventress was officially of Nightsister heritage, but factionally affiliated with the Separatists as an assassin and a spy as a trained disciple under Dooku's teachings. She wasn't ever taught the history/lore/practices of the Sith, only given guidance to increase her abilities in utilizing the Dark Side of the Force, and manipulated to accomplish military and espionage tactics.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I wish they would reduce TB down to 3 or 4 days and just keep the same rewards. 6 days is just too much (and 3 days is what was originally intended).

That way, TB can be done more often and we could still have plenty of days off from any TB or TW, in order to focus on farming or special events.

TB was meant to have 12 hour phases, only the first One or two should have 24 hours. So many people wanted to keep it that way, so they didn't change it. I never understood why everybody cried about 12h. It's not that hard to fill the platoons in time and the fights only take a few minutes.
    Less TB = less rewards, now we have to deal with it.
    (Well, nobody knows if we would have more TB when they only take half of the time, but that is what I'm guessing).
  • Fatzke wrote: »
    I wish they would reduce TB down to 3 or 4 days and just keep the same rewards. 6 days is just too much (and 3 days is what was originally intended).

TB was meant to have 12 hour phases, only the first One or two should have 24 hours. So many people wanted to keep it that way, so they didn't change it. I never understood why everybody cried about 12h. It's not that hard to fill the platoons in time and the fights only take a few minutes.
    Less TB = less rewards, now we have to deal with it.
    (Well, nobody knows if we would have more TB when they only take half of the time, but that is what I'm guessing).

This can easily be saved with a “next phase” button and a “are you sure?” Prompt. Options are the spice of SWGOH. If a guild wants to do all phases in a day and wait 6 days for payout go ahead. Of a guild wants to use every hour they can so international members can hit they have that option too.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited January 2018

HA! Jango Fett and BH rework is confirmed. Sorry man, I think you did say too much! LOL.
    Edit - no, no, I see SASS and it's hopefully Sithuary, so, IDK.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • But we all knew they weren't going to spill the beans about the special event in just an average monthly events post, didn't we??
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    But we all knew they weren't going to spill the beans about the special event in just an average monthly events post, didn't we??

Correct, planned farms do not induce panic.
  • burby888 wrote: »
    The whole Ventress is a sith is a moot point because her character in the game is from a point in the Star Wars timeline where she was a nightsister only

Based on this, she should not have lightsabers or any force abilities. The only time she was only a nightsister was prior to becoming a padawan. If we are going for after Dooku tried to have her killed, then she should have the scoundrel tag.
    Fauztin wrote: »
    @burby888 , Ventress was officially of Nightsister heritage, but factionally affiliated with the Separatists as an assassin and a spy as a trained disciple under Dooku's teachings. She wasn't ever taught the history/lore/practices of the Sith, only given guidance to increase her abilities in utilizing the Dark Side of the Force, and manipulated to accomplish military and espionage tactics.

Sounds to me like she should have the scoundrel tag - assassin, spy, (and later, BH).

• Wait so SA is login what does that mean? The whats ahead quote was from Palpatine to Ani. So i was expecting likely Palp and Vader Rework/zetas but now i have no idea. Where is SA even from? Same as SiT and Nihilus Kotor i think? So are we getting another character from there. Kozispoon did mention it was gonna be something like last feb(nihilus) right?
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    Wait so SA is login what does that mean? The whats ahead quote was from Palpatine to Ani. So i was expecting likely Palp and Vader Rework/zetas but now i have no idea. Where is SA even from? Same as SiT and Nihilus Kotor i think? So are we getting another character from there. Kozispoon did mention it was gonna be something like last feb(nihilus) right?

Palpatine gets new zeta ability to bring back a Sith dead ally

New Sith characters

Use Sith in Palpatines mythic event
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • burby888 wrote: »
    The whole Ventress is a sith is a moot point because her character in the game is from a point in the Star Wars timeline where she was a nightsister only

But also somehow a Separatist.... There was no point in time where she was affiliated with both, yet she has both tags. Admittedly she was always a nightsister in terms of heritage, but that only further reinforces the point that the Asajj we have is Separatist Asajj. Even Sidious implies that she has become Dooku's Sith apprentice as a means to destroy him (yes he says 'Sith apprentice'- season 3 episode 12). Additionally, Dooku makes no qualms about the fact that Savage (her replacement) was intended to be an apprentice so that he could take down Sid.
    Zerfius wrote: »
    Based on this, she should not have lightsabers or any force abilities. The only time she was only a nightsister was prior to becoming a padawan. If we are going for after Dooku tried to have her killed, then she should have the scoundrel tag.
    She returns to the nightsisters after Dooku tries to kill her, but at that point she would no longer be a Separatist, again though, her in game version retains this tag, so the version we have must be from before Dooku tried to kill her.

The Rule of Two is the only thing Pablo Hidalgo has used to state why she might not be a Sith, but not only is the Rule of Two a terrible concept from a literary and strategic perspective, it's also routinely disregarded by the Sith including the dude that came up with it.