Best team to 7* R2D2?

I have been farming the characters necessary to unlock Rey (Jedi Training) the next time around. The vets may take me too long and I'll have to wait for the third time around. Regardless, once I get her I'll need R2D2 to get the most out of her in arena. I have no intention of farming rebels for the Palpatine event, so what's the best team to use to get a 6 or 7 star R2D2 without Palpatine? I also do not have access to Shoretrooper yet, so aside from him as well.

Replies

• Before, i need to remind u.. u don't want thrawn? he's great char that fit everywhere n have great capital ship. If u want him, u can shoot 2 bird with 1 bullet : by farming phoenix. Phoenix is count as rebels. So u have phoenix team, u can get thrawn also palpatine.

Without palpatine to get r2 is no prob, but u need to bump ur empire char at least at gear 11 to be save. Vader lead, tarkin, TFP, stormtrooper (or snowtrooper, and RG.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Before, i need to remind u.. u don't want thrawn? he's great char that fit everywhere n have great capital ship. If u want him, u can shoot 2 bird with 1 bullet : by farming phoenix. Phoenix is count as rebels. So u have phoenix team, u can get thrawn also palpatine.

Without palpatine to get r2 is no prob, but u need to bump ur empire char at least at gear 11 to be save. Vader lead, tarkin, TFP, stormtrooper (or snowtrooper, and RG.

@RacerDejak I am farming other characters at the moment and using all my energy on them but I will definitely get my phoenix squad up eventually.
    Post edited by Random9 on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Would you mind linking your swgoh.gg account so we can see what you have already.

Second it's worth bearing in mind that Palpatine and thrawn are easy mode for the event and without them you need to consider gear ix or x. If you are close to having rebels it may be worth farming an extra rebel or pushing 5 rebels you already have to 7 star rather than farming an extra character.

The best empire characters are probably

Thrawn Krennic deathtrooper Palpatine and shoretrooper

I've seen a video of the above team doing the event at a mix of gear vii and viii and with no omegas.

But all are tough farms or legendary.

Here is some characters that can do well that are much easier to farm but you need to think omegas and gear ix or x.

Vader TFP Tarkin Storm trooper Royal guard Snow trooper

Whatever you do don't use Magmatrooper (except potentially in a full troopers team).
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Would you mind linking your swgoh.gg account so we can see what you have already.

Second it's worth bearing in mind that Palpatine and thrawn are easy mode for the event and without them you need to consider gear ix or x. If you are close to having rebels it may be worth farming an extra rebel or pushing 5 rebels you already have to 7 star rather than farming an extra character.

The best empire characters are probably

Thrawn Krennic deathtrooper Palpatine and shoretrooper

I've seen a video of the above team doing the event at a mix of gear vii and viii and with no omegas.

But all are tough farms or legendary.

Here is some characters that can do well that are much easier to farm but you need to think omegas and gear ix or x.

Vader TFP Tarkin Storm trooper Royal guard Snow trooper

Whatever you do don't use Magmatrooper (except potentially in a full troopers team).

@Naraic

Here's my swgoh.gg account: https://swgoh.gg/u/random9/collection/

As you'll see my empire is not in great shape right now, nor is most of my other factions. The only one I've put effort into recently is FO for the BB-8 event and before that, I had barely any focus. Thanks for any tips.
  • Have a read through this - it's still relevant: https://www.nerdinfinite.com/swgoh-character-guide-top-50-essential-characters-to-collect-in-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/

You should get the Phoenix team first, then that gets you access to Palpatine and Thrawn. Max Palpatine's gear, including both Zetas. By this time you should have Vader. Add Tarkin and TF Pilot and you have enough to get R2. Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, Leia and Stormtrooper Han added to R2 give you CLS.

You should have enough now, with good allies to get you through to get Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus to give you one of the classic teams - zPalp, Vader, Thrawn, Sion, DN.

Add Bastilla and Mace to Old Ben, Kanan and Ezra and you've got your five Jedi to get you GM Yoda.

After you've graduating through the guilds and Galactic War is simming nicely, join an active guild and start the grind for Han.

Next up, which is where I am, together with grinding for Han (oo-er!!) improve your bouny hunter team. Bossk zeta'd lead, with Fett x2, Dengar and Embo is a good start; ramp this up to get you the best flavour of Chewie.