The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start 2017 Winter Edition

Replies

• After 999 cantina energy and 1999 normal energy can you literally only hoard more energy through dailies?
  • OK so I am doing phase 2 of this guide, only doing cantina battles. Just to be sure, I should NOT collect the daily activity bonus for completing 3 battles with cantina energy? Same for shipments, buy the gear but don't collect the activity bonus, right?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    MoPositive wrote: »
    OK so I am doing phase 2 of this guide, only doing cantina battles. Just to be sure, I should NOT collect the daily activity bonus for completing 3 battles with cantina energy? Same for shipments, buy the gear but don't collect the activity bonus, right?

You want to delay hitting level 28 as long as possible. The longer you can delay it the more shards you can unlock. If you collect the bonus you get a whack of exp so you don't want that.
  • Hey, I'm a new player (been playing for about two weeks now) so I'm of course way beyond lvl 28 (currently lvl 43) however there's one thing that tickles me about this guide

when I got into my shard, i was ranked in the 15k-ish. It took me no time to get in the 500-1000 bracket. I think I can reasonably count on getting into the 200-500 bracket today. Now all that whaling technique probably would ensure me a top 20 spot which is (including daily quest reward) 850 tokens a day instead of 700 (150 more per day), and 150 crystals instead of 60 (90 more per day). However, I didn't wait 24 days before entering my shard. So I will have been getting tokens for 24 days, meaning 16800 tokens and 1440 crystals by the time I would have gone lvl 28 using your technique (that's if I don't get past the 200 bracket). so before I catch up with this deficit, if I can maintain a top 20 position, it would take 112 days (almost 4 months) to catch up with tokens, and 10 days to catch up with crystals.

Granted, from there on, I'll be making more, but this advantage will probably not last for more than a couple of months before I drop out of the top 20 because of a holiday, or just leave the game out of boredom.

I'm not sure wasting a whole month doing boring stuff will really matter.

I understand why a veteran player who's been playing for over a year would want to do that, but this is definitely not something a noob like me would be interested in
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I suppose that's why it's called a perfect guide to a perfect start. I don't think it's aimed at beginners.

It's aimed at ultracompetitive people that want to be top of their arena shard without having to pull out the wallet too often.

It's also aimed at being ahead of the people in your shard not being ahead of where you would have been if you didn't do things this way.
  • Hi everyone, just bumping these perfect start threads to find players who joined the latest shard 2 days ago. Top 20 include:
    Delmon Ciiid'r
    Foggedftw2
    Harvester
    Visary
    ANZGC Belgarath
    OldSpiceFlex
    Ran Roth
    PlasmstusRen
    Gimbap
    Jyn Sithwalker
    RadarTech Matt
    Darth Sithious
    Skin Like Winter
    Wraith Vespa
    Penelope
    LuckyOne
    Nicolas Garcia
    Orion
    Galatea Griffiths III
    Javier Skywalker

If this is you jump onto Discord and look for the channel 2018-01-11, the start date for our shard.
  • Nerfdruids
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Just to confirm. As a few of the 'maths' days for hoarding got me confused. So whats the exact requirement of energy normal and/or cantina i need to get from 28 to 40? Including factoring in energy when you level abd experience for each daily reward over that time.

Is that essentially 4200 normal and cantina energy combined?
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    So guys I decided to roll a secondary account and amazingly I pulled Baze from first pack. Since I will be hoarding for 1-2 months I wanted to know a good rebel squad (no phoenix) where I could place him from the beginning.

I was thinking about Lando (cantina battles) (L), Boba (cantina store) , Baze, Biggs (GW store), Leia/STH (Arena Store).

Suggestions?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    ManuG wrote: »
    So guys I decided to roll a secondary account and amazingly I pulled Baze from first pack. Since I will be hoarding for 1-2 months I wanted to know a good rebel squad (no phoenix) where I could place him from the beginning.

I was thinking about Lando (cantina battles) (L), Boba (cantina store) , Baze, Biggs (GW store), Leia/STH (Arena Store).

Suggestions?

You don't want baze and sth your damage would be too low. Eventually you want to swap wedge and Chirrut into that team but I'd say it would work well in the beginning.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    ManuG wrote: »

Suggestions?

You don't want baze and sth your damage would be too low. Eventually you want to swap wedge and Chirrut into that team but I'd say it would work well in the beginning.

Yeah, I think something like Wiggs, Chaze and Boba/Leia/Lando should work eventually pretty decent I guess but I just want to know if there is any other rebel character that would do better than the ones mentioned.
  • Hi, I currently have around 4200 energy stocled up on my level 27 alt. I am apart of the hoarding stage. Since ive spent on some refreshes etc early on my hoarding time won't require 24 days.

Just to clarify. Do i need to bank up 6200 energy to get to level 40? Is the remaining 800 exp (to get me to 7000) what i get from the dailies and energy from leveling up?

I'm really keen to get my alt into the shard so just trying work out the exact energy requirements! Cheers
  • Anyone have an update on the new shard status? I’m starting out but won’t have time to hoard too much.
  • Has the new shard opened?
  • Hello there, [...]
    PHASE THREE level 27 HOARDING
    We have reached our maximim. We stop spending cantina energy. We should have plenty of character shards, gear and mats. Thats where the boring part of the game begins.

All that we do now is stuff we already did in phase two – getting challenges etc.
    More than that, we just collect free cantina energy everyday and wait.

We want to gather energy enough to get us to AT LEAST level 40 in one day. This will unlock GW for us – another place to farm shards easily.
    Level 44 would be even better since you will unlock gear level 5 in one run, so your arena team will be most likely, unbeatable to regular players and only to be vulunerable to heavy spenders.

The Math:
    Level 40 ~7000 exp more from level 28
    Level 44 ~12800 exp more from level 28

From this number we will cut 760 energy that you will get from doing all dailies:
    Level 40 ~6200
    Level 44 ~12000

After finishing Phase Two (without spending normal energy) – we should have ~2k normal energy to spend (1890 from 14 days of 135 free energy hoarding, not really counting free energy you get from levelups). That cuts another 2k.
    Level 40 ~4200
    Level 44 ~10000

Everyday you can hoard 180 energy (3x normal, 1x cantina). That means:
    Level 40 ~24 days of hoarding
    Level 44 ~55 days of hoarding

It depends on you, level 44 means another month of hoarding, and the benefit of starting at level 44 will only last for a couple of days. Getting into play at level 40 is fine.

First of all: thank you for your guide :)

I am lvl 27 and have nearly 11500 energy saved up but the last few weeks i had some theoretical questions regarding this topic:
    first question: lets assume i win daily in squad arena. this gives a lot of crystals. what shall i do with them before i hit lvl 60?
    (the idea: 6 refreshes (3+3) gives daily additional 720 exp. I'll hit lvl 60 within 3 weeks, which leads to 20 days of GW and roughly 300 shards. 1 refresh would mean 4 weeks and 400 shards. therefore i would have a better pilot (zeb/biggs) if i do not refresh)

second question and in addition to the first: what are the weaknesses of hoarding too much energy?
    (i could build a very extreme case in which i hoard 40k energy and get lvl 56 instantly. i would be squad arena leader for a longer time, but also unlock the fleet arena within 2 weeks. 2 weeks of GW would only give me <200 shards. so i assume that i wont be able to compete in fleet arena because of the missing units and power.)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018

second question and in addition to the first: what are the weaknesses of hoarding too much energy?
    (i could build a very extreme case in which i hoard 40k energy and get lvl 56 instantly. i would be squad arena leader for a longer time, but also unlock the fleet arena within 2 weeks. 2 weeks of GW would only give me <200 shards. so i assume that i wont be able to compete in fleet arena because of the missing units and power.)

Do you have a six star character, are you doing naat. This is how you counter this weakness by getting fleet currency from raids while stacking.

Of course you might not manage to be in a guild nice enough to let you raid without producing tickets.
  • Carn
    52 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Now for Chromium pull, i am not sure whats the best option, is there even any?
    If you go for phoenix anyways, wouldnt Zeb or Kanan be the best option for chromium pull?
    When you unlock arena or GW, it will take you a few days to unlock those heroes. When from chromium you could use them right off.
    Wedge, Baze, CHirrut, Rex and so on - what use are they if you use Phoenix all the time?

Baze would be good when you change your arena team as soon as you get Chirrut.
    Rex - When you are that far in the game to use a Rex lead and drop phoenix, you could have farmed him also in guild store?

Maybe there are also other chromium pulls that makes sense or are they just Baze, Wedge, Chirrut, Rex ?

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Carn wrote: »
    Now for Chromium pull, i am not sure whats the best option, is there even any?
    If you go for phoenix anyways, wouldnt Zeb or Kanan be the best option for chromium pull?
    When you unlock arena or GW, it will take you a few days to unlock those heroes. When from chromium you could use them right off.
    Wedge, Baze, CHirrut, Rex and so on - what use are they if you use Phoenix all the time?

Baze would be good when you change your arena team as soon as you get Chirrut.
    Rex - When you are that far in the game to use a Rex lead and drop phoenix, you could have farmed him also in guild store?

Maybe there are also other chromium pulls that makes sense or are they just Baze, Wedge, Chirrut, Rex ?

In theory Kanan or Zeb would be great except for the fact that they are 2 star pulls and many others are 3 star or 4 star.

Personally I prefer lando as an initial pull. He is a 4 star and can carry team in the lower tiers of credit heists.
  • Quick note regarding chromium pull. I got rex on my hording alt and am finding he is not great in the early or mid game due to his gear requirements and shard farming can only be done in the guild store.

Lando, old Ben or baze are the pulls you should be aiming for imo.
  • So, I rolled into Baze on my first try. Are there any discord groups to coordinate into a fresh shard?
  • Carn
    52 posts Member
    Now i am wondering if the 1st chromium pull is still of importance.
    I mean, it was very important to get a good hero before phoenix squad was out.
    Now if one goes for phoenix anyways, what does it matter who you get from chromium?
    The benefit is very small.
    At best, you get a char that you use in arena after phoenix squad, at lvl 70 or something.

Until 70 you can also just farm that char, won't cost that much over such a long time in the game i think.
    You get an advantage yes, but still a very small advantage i think. Or am i wrong?

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    You get an advantage yes, but still a very small advantage i think. Or am i wrong?
    To me the first chromium is lando. It makes the first couple of credit heists so much easier and it means you don't need to move any assets away from phoenix before they are maxed.
  • Carn
    52 posts Member
    Mhhh how many accounts do you need to get lando? may take a while XD
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Mhhh how many accounts do you need to get lando? may take a while XD

True. I'm just saying it's the only first chromium that actually gives an early advantage.
  • This doesn't exactly have anything to do with this discussion but how do you change your profile pic?
  • Good arena start ranking + optimal payout time >>>> starting chromium
  • Is there a time limit to staying under 28?
  • zorglub wrote: »
    Hey, I'm a new player (been playing for about two weeks now) so I'm of course way beyond lvl 28 (currently lvl 43) however there's one thing that tickles me about this guide

when I got into my shard, i was ranked in the 15k-ish. It took me no time to get in the 500-1000 bracket. I think I can reasonably count on getting into the 200-500 bracket today. Now all that whaling technique probably would ensure me a top 20 spot which is (including daily quest reward) 850 tokens a day instead of 700 (150 more per day), and 150 crystals instead of 60 (90 more per day). However, I didn't wait 24 days before entering my shard. So I will have been getting tokens for 24 days, meaning 16800 tokens and 1440 crystals by the time I would have gone lvl 28 using your technique (that's if I don't get past the 200 bracket). so before I catch up with this deficit, if I can maintain a top 20 position, it would take 112 days (almost 4 months) to catch up with tokens, and 10 days to catch up with crystals.

Granted, from there on, I'll be making more, but this advantage will probably not last for more than a couple of months before I drop out of the top 20 because of a holiday, or just leave the game out of boredom.

I'm not sure wasting a whole month doing boring stuff will really matter.

I understand why a veteran player who's been playing for over a year would want to do that, but this is definitely not something a noob like me would be interested in

Well, that's a very good point. Right now i'm followed the guide, i only cashed in some dailies (like 2 or so) by mistake. Right now i'm at level 21, got 1.003 energy and 2* Ezra, Chopper & Hera. Like you said, i don't want to wait for another 2 months or so, because the deficit isn't worth it for tokens, except for the crystals.
  • I have a quick question:everytime I get to lvl 5,I cannot get 200 crystals from facebook login.The game says I am already logged in although I made alt facebook account and I have logged out from my personal facebook account both in facebook app and in mobile browser and because of that Im forced to play to lvl 12 in order to get 350 crystals to open my first chromium.Any suggestions?Getting to lvl 12, takes me about 20 minutes,I have done it maybe 10 times and havent got Rex,Baze,Chirrut,Lando...just some weak toons...
  • Why spam/scam the game though? Don't you get any pleasure out of taking your time to build a team for real instead of exploiting technical aspects? I understand why people would want this, considering the GIVE IT TO ME NOW world we live in - but I will say I have no respect for anyone building an arena team this way. I'm sure I'm not alone. Exploits ruin the game for everyone else. It is bad enough everyone and their mother uses Phoenix or NS in arena. Anyway, if you're reading this guide and considering all these hacks, maybe consider just doing some research on actually being a skilled player instead of gaming the system.