Kylo Ren Unmasked Questions

Just a quick couple of questions about this character.

1) Zeta'd Leadership
Is this supposed to restore 5% health and protection regardless if it's a debuff or a buff?

2) Halt
Is this going to be updated to not be cleansable? If not, it should be. I mean, not even Rey could break out of this when he stopped her. (TFA)
#ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    1) yes, it should be both a buff and a debuff.

2)no it is not, they have not revealed any plans to do so.

Technically TFA is masked KR. This is Unmasked KR we are talking about. :wink:
  • Options
    I'm thinking only hero journey level characters get a buff/debuff that can't be removed.

I really wish Kylo Unmasked had a little more, though. I think if he had about twice as much damage as he has now, at least on his basic, he'd be almost palatable. IMO, he should be a little scary to play against. But from what I've seen, he's only slightly annoying as a livelord under the right circumstances.
  • Options
    Graives wrote: »
    I'm thinking only hero journey level characters get a buff/debuff that can't be removed.

I really wish Kylo Unmasked had a little more, though. I think if he had about twice as much damage as he has now, at least on his basic, he'd be almost palatable. IMO, he should be a little scary to play against. But from what I've seen, he's only slightly annoying as a livelord under the right circumstances.

Thrawn fracture is legendary level, talzin plague is marquee level hmm
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Sabine is in there too.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Sabine is in there too.

Oh yes there's sabine.. and if we extend the list, we have boba at f2p level hmm
  • Options
    Do you think they put him in such an easy location to farm because he is underwhelming?

We really need some new FO toons that have synergy with him.
  • Options

Sabine is in there too.

Oh yes there's sabine.. and if we extend the list, we have boba at f2p level hmm

+Hermit yoda
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Have any of you tried to kill a maxed out KRU under his lead? I doubt anyone that has things he is underwhelming. He’s probably the hardest character to kill in the game. You pretty much have to have healing immunity to do it.
  • Options
    I have a 7*, g12, both zeta Kru and find him seriously underwhelming and I have a hard time believing that anyone would have that hard of a time killing him.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have a 7*, g12, both zeta Kru and find him seriously underwhelming and I have a hard time believing that anyone would have that hard of a time killing him.

kru was the best ally for ds 9b hard mission. Better than G12 thrawn or 6* G11 zWampa. He taunts and he is verryyyy durable
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    1) yes, it should be both a buff and a debuff.

2)no it is not, they have not revealed any plans to do so.

Technically TFA is masked KR. This is Unmasked KR we are talking about. :wink:

I can't remember, did UKR do halt in TLJ or was did he only do it in TFA? They should give MKR an ability called Night night, because he made Rey go night night after he halted her hahaha
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options

Sabine is in there too.

+Hermit yoda

Oh yes hermit yoda.. and what level he is? i think he in advance +100M guild level :hushed:
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I will forever ask for the un-dispellable halt. Meta teams shrug off the two turn stun like it's nothing.
  • Options
    When his kit release, i'm interest to have him. But after i do couple fights turn out he is mediocre. I test fight KRU team with classic triple cleanse team, his stun is like regular stun. Yes he is tanky, but there's a lot tanky chars beside him.

Then i said to myself "carry on.. nothing special here" :open_mouth:
  • Graives
    49 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Do you think they put him in such an easy location to farm because he is underwhelming?

That's what I thought. Like... grateful as I am to have an easy toon and ship to grind, I feel like if the gamemakers thought he actually had any value, they would have put him somewhere more easily monetized (i.e. a costlier node that would be more likely to make people pay for crystals to max refreshes).

Still grinding him, though! In hopes that one day, he'll get a rework or something and be on par with Rey JT.

There's also the possibility they only ever envisioned him as a Dark Side TB toon. The health/protection regen are good for multiple PvE battles... and that's probably the only place he'll ever shine given his current kit, unless some wild FO toons come out. Even then, he'll only really be a Leadership. The rest of his kit is meh.

• Options
    Making his stun uncleansable I think is a great idea. He should rival JTR and having something uncleansable is the best way to go I think
  • Options
    By far the best thing about KRU is how crazy he makes the original Kylo under KRU lead. With all the debuffs and buffs Kylo gets, he has ridiculous survivability. This allows you to pick between which special you want to use rather than constantly using outrage to regain protection. My Kylo is g12 with all g12 gear, and have had titan teams use him for target practice for a solid 2 minutes before it ends in a draw.

Taunting here and there, the stuns, and up to 40k-50k damage with his 2nd special on a stunned enemy are pretty good too.

I run KRU lead, Kylo, Nihilus, GK, and CLS in arena and get the top spot occasionally but usually sit in the teens or 20s, which is the best I've done since the zaul days, so I'm pretty happy with him.
  • Options

I too have a G12 KRU. I pair him with zeta Barriss and without annihilate or a heal immunity, then good luck killing him lol. Over 42k in health. Officially replaced GK on my team and I’ve got no complaints. I also don’t need the slow useless GK lead..
  • Options
    DarthApok wrote: »
    I too have a G12 KRU. I pair him with zeta Barriss and without annihilate or a heal immunity, then good luck killing him lol. Over 42k in health. Officially replaced GK on my team and I’ve got no complaints. I also don’t need the slow useless GK lead..

That's the thing, though. They gave Rey JT an uncleansable heal immunity. So she's basically a counter to unkillable KRU, and her teams are dominating everything ATM.

They should've given KRU some kind of edge to counter something Rey JT does. The uncleanseable Stun would have been good. Cut right through her Foresight and take her out, even with her cleansing zeta. I guess it'd seem too much like Fracture then.

• Options
    Kylo and Rey were very much equal opposites in the force. This could have been reflected in game in so many cool ways. They should have had the same release style, like Rey's hero journey being playable from both sides. They should have had equally powerful kits that were opposite in style.

I think we sort of... kind of got the latter portion, given that KRU's ability to soak up damage may be unrivaled, but Rey's healing immunity is the only one you see in top arena. The real problem is that Rey has a supporting cast that KRU just can't match. Without R2 it might have made sense, but R2 is in every team, and there is practically no way to even land a meaningful hit on the JTR, R2, BB8, OB, GK combo. You just take hacks at foresight until illuminated destiny goes off and they go nuts.

R2 remains the most broken thing in this game. He's even shoehorned into half of the nightsister teams i see for some reason. He's he reason the balance between KRU and Rey wasn't there, and he really needs to be a little more powerful i.e. uncleansable stun, to make them both viable arena choices.
  • Options
    When did they remove the unmasked Kylo guys,can't find any info on it in Google
  • Options
    Have any of you tried to kill a maxed out KRU under his lead? I doubt anyone that has things he is underwhelming. He’s probably the hardest character to kill in the game. You pretty much have to have healing immunity to do it.

Or use Vader
  • Options
    JamieD wrote: »
    When did they remove the unmasked Kylo guys,can't find any info on it in Google

They did not remove Kylo Ren (Unmasked).
  • Options
    Why the necro on this thread, @JamieD ?
  • Options

Or use Vader

I will be putting a Zeta on his pre-taunt because he easily eats a full 4 x Debuff Force Crush then Culling Blade on Vader's opening without breaking a sweat. His stun heals him by 10%, DoTs don't even scratch him, and he self heals when damaged, his special heals doubled when someone is stunned. Yeah he's pretty durable. One of the best leader Zetas in the game for how much it changes an entire faction, IMO.
  • Options
    2)Well, if his halt is updated not to be cleansable, KRU will be much more powerful. Maybe Halt will be better than even fracture. The problem is farming route. His ship is also one of the best in this game. Both he and his ship can be farmable with only 10 cantina energy!! I think it’s little bit unfair. Can KRU with unremoval stun be farmable by only 10 cantina energy? It’s unfair. How about launching a new hero’s journey with Dark Side? We have only 2 Light Side hero/heroine characters not Dark Side. In my opinion, Supreme Leader Kylo Ren and Lord Vader are the best choice with special ability: Choke(not cleansable).
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Options
    A fully zetad g12 kru has stood up to my g12 zwampa, zzthrawn, rex, zzmother & gk for 2 minutes and had more health left than when he started. Horrible when maxed out properly.