Content Update 1/25/18 [MEGA]

15678911Next

Replies

• I wanted to add some perspective value to the discussion. I am a noob currently (about to hit level 65). The addition of Rose to the SW Cannon was a necessary evil. We have the original Han/Leia love story...then Padme/Anakin...Now we are stuck with Finn/Rose.

As a new player (playing since 12/28/17) I decided to spend a little bit of money. I saw the starter STHan pack and the Boba Fett special. I have purchased some gems for refreshes and joined an active raiding guild. The new content is cool to me...because I have no access to CLS, R2, JTR etc... I like a couple characters extra that are effective resistance for early players.

That being said...My biggest gripe is with the value of the current Dathomir event. 900 gems to refresh?! And I can't sim... If I wanted to spend money to get the shards...this is NOT how I would do it. It's a guarantee that 1280 gems will net 16 shards. spending 1800 (after the first time through of course) to potentially get 20 is the equivalency of Click Bait...preying on the dumb whales (I am not saying whales are dumb, referring to whales who also happen to be ignorant or frivolous).
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    ...That being said...My biggest gripe is with the value of the current Dathomir event. 900 gems to refresh?! And I can't sim... If I wanted to spend money to get the shards...this is NOT how I would do it....

It’s going to be pointed out that it’s your fault you are not number 1 ranked in PVP on your shard. Because all the #1 guys are able to do exactly what you describe without spending money on the refresh. And they bank on human need for instant gratification by panic farming and/or your gullibility in believing you could earn 330 shards easier than being struck by lightning while reading an Oscar Wilde novel under an English oak tree, planted in Germany by a French Grenadire during World War One.
  • I wanted to add some perspective value to the discussion. I am a noob currently (about to hit level 65). The addition of Rose to the SW Cannon was a necessary evil. We have the original Han/Leia love story...then Padme/Anakin...Now we are stuck with Finn/Rose.

As a new player (playing since 12/28/17) I decided to spend a little bit of money. I saw the starter STHan pack and the Boba Fett special. I have purchased some gems for refreshes and joined an active raiding guild. The new content is cool to me...because I have no access to CLS, R2, JTR etc... I like a couple characters extra that are effective resistance for early players.

That being said...My biggest gripe is with the value of the current Dathomir event. 900 gems to refresh?! And I can't sim... If I wanted to spend money to get the shards...this is NOT how I would do it. It's a guarantee that 1280 gems will net 16 shards. spending 1800 (after the first time through of course) to potentially get 20 is the equivalency of Click Bait...preying on the dumb whales (I am not saying whales are dumb, referring to whales who also happen to be ignorant or frivolous).

We don't have padme.
    They gotta make money somehow. You don't have to spend
  • Like I said...I decided to spend. And as a spender, have a right to point out what appears to be a poor value for the money I spend. Patience has nothing to do with it.
    ...That being said...My biggest gripe is with the value of the current Dathomir event. 900 gems to refresh?! And I can't sim... If I wanted to spend money to get the shards...this is NOT how I would do it....

It’s going to be pointed out that it’s your fault you are not number 1 ranked in PVP on your shard. Because all the #1 guys are able to do exactly what you describe without spending money on the refresh. And they bank on human need for instant gratification by panic farming and/or your gullibility in believing you could earn 330 shards easier than being struck by lightning while reading an Oscar Wilde novel under an English oak tree, planted in Germany by a French Grenadire during World War One.

LOL

It is definitely my fault that I am not number one. But....My wallet would be angry with me for spending approximately $350US to 7* a Spirit and a Zombie. I'll stick with my rebel team and light spending habits, while slowly building my Phoenix Team to auto battle GW and earn me Thrawn. And I refuse to refresh something that cost more than 200 Gems. I'm all about value...being cheap and all.
  • We must be getting the update via dial up....
  • baddeputy wrote: »
    Rose is a fierce attacker? Really? Ok let's roll with it. Introducing Fierce Attacker Rose Tico also known as FART! Just like in the the movies, FART shows up unwanted and annoys everyone! FART's special ability is to sneak up on enemies in a silent and deadly way! Beware of FART!

Why is this conversation veering away from the most important thing EVER posted on this forum??

This acronym needs to be a thing... now!
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    baddeputy wrote: »
    Rose is a fierce attacker? Really? Ok let's roll with it. Introducing Fierce Attacker Rose Tico also known as FART! Just like in the the movies, FART shows up unwanted and annoys everyone! FART's special ability is to sneak up on enemies in a silent and deadly way! Beware of FART!

Why is this conversation veering away from the most important thing EVER posted on this forum??

I admit, this is pretty hilarious. Some people know how to appeal to my teen Beavis side.
  • Naw wrote: »

When she gets her zeta will the letter go before or after...?

After!!!!! Duh!! lol.
  • Were we supposed to get an update today? Or did i read an old post? Something about 11oclock
  • Were we supposed to get an update today? Or did i read an old post? Something about 11oclock

There will be update today to inform the update about the plan of the latest update u will have in the update of the update

Hmm.. seems not right :flushed:
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Were we supposed to get an update today? Or did i read an old post? Something about 11oclock

That was yesterday. We got the event calendar at 11 PST.
  • Thank you :)
  • t0neg0d wrote: »

I admit, this is pretty hilarious. Some people know how to appeal to my teen Beavis side.

I was partial to pikachu, but I do say FART is better.
  • Death star, dark side.

Don't care who the pilot is/are. ???krennic lol

3 abilities

1. Passive, all empire allies have 50% increased speed

2. Basic, restore 10%hp/prot to all empire allies and increase their speed by 5% stacking.

3. Active, eliminates entire enemy fleet (?15 turn cooldown, starts on cooldown)

BAM.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Death star, dark side.

3 abilities

2. Basic, restore 10%hp/prot to all empire allies and increase their speed by 5% stacking.

3. Active, eliminates entire enemy fleet (?15 turn cooldown, starts on cooldown)

BAM.

The pilot would have to be Tarkin. But then the name of the game would be survival. The death star isn't a capital ship though. Its not even a moon, its a space station.
    With the empire having two capital ships, the last thing we need is a third. CIS, resistance and FO should be on the list for capital ships.
    Death star, dark side.

3 abilities

BAM.

The pilot would have to be Tarkin. But then the name of the game would be survival. The death star isn't a capital ship though. Its not even a moon, its a space station.
    With the empire having two capital ships, the last thing we need is a third. CIS, resistance and FO should be on the list for capital ships.

I agree. But also the real last thing we need are more rebels. That’s my only hesitation for a Death Star hybrid toon/ship raid.
    Death star, dark side.

3 abilities

BAM.

I agree. But also the real last thing we need are more rebels. That’s my only hesitation for a Death Star hybrid toon/ship raid.

Too much light side, not enough dark. GG would need a rework and a capital ship to match the clones and windu. As much as I detest the new movies, each faction needs a capital ship. We have Holdo, just need her ship. This could also introduce Gen Hux and give him a capital ship. Then no more capital ships.
    Death star, dark side.

3 abilities

BAM.

Too much light side, not enough dark. GG would need a rework and a capital ship to match the clones and windu. As much as I detest the new movies, each faction needs a capital ship. We have Holdo, just need her ship. This could also introduce Gen Hux and give him a capital ship. Then no more capital ships.

Again I agree and I raise you .. 5 factional ships a piece - Empire , rebels are good, seps, galactic republic are good, fo (needs 1 more) and res.
    If cap ships are going the route as thrawn. 5 opposing factions to unlock.
    Death star, dark side.

3 abilities

BAM.

Again I agree and I raise you .. 5 factional ships a piece - Empire , rebels are good, seps, galactic republic are good, fo (needs 1 more) and res.

lol. I was talking about the other factions first before another republic, rebel or empire ship.
    Death star, dark side.

3 abilities

BAM.

lol. I was talking about the other factions first before another republic, rebel or empire ship.

Sorry what I meant was Republic and rebel are good. They don’t need anymore. Empire I will always take though. That’s my personal bias.
    Death star, dark side.

3 abilities

BAM.

Sorry what I meant was Republic and rebel are good. They don’t need anymore. Empire I will always take though. That’s my personal bias.

There is a bias for cap ships to the empire though. My favorite is republic, but I wouldn't ask for more. Diversity to the meta is needed and we never get. The meta changes, but never widens.