Road Ahead 2/8/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

That works. Info about upcoming stuff, even if it is a ways out, is good. I'm still very bitter about the LS/DS imbalance though *shakes his fist at you*

The constant battle for balance between the dark and the light. Seems rather on theme, don't you think?

Can you please fix your quote @CG_Kozispoon ? I didn’t say that.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

Fixed and nixed!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Liath wrote: »

That works. Info about upcoming stuff, even if it is a ways out, is good. I'm still very bitter about the LS/DS imbalance though *shakes his fist at you*

The constant battle for balance between the dark and the light. Seems rather on theme, don't you think?

If she says you said - you always said it.
    giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Any QOL update that doesn't have mod management help will be a huge letdown.

I disagree but its nice to know your opinion

Mod management is the clear and uncontested #1 in QoL changes. Nothing else is needed so badly, nothing else comes close. Getting a major QoL update without mod management would be a slap in the face, because mod management should be priority #1.
  • @Thor_Odinson1 also removing the maximum allowed number of mods we can own too.
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Darth_Bruh wrote: »
    Was really hoping for a QoL update, been quite a while since the last one

I would love the complete removal of sim tickets (EDIT). An autowin feature without sims (like Marvel Strike Force) would be better. Sims go away too fast and this is quite annoying. After all we already spend energy on missions we sim which is more than enough.
    Post edited by Aglardae on

Mod management is the clear and uncontested #1 in QoL changes. Nothing else is needed so badly, nothing else comes close. Getting a major QoL update without mod management would be a slap in the face, because mod management should be priority #1.

Thats just your opinion though.

I have never seen why people want mod management so badly. Just get a better range of higher quality mods. The only time I switch my mods, is when I put my best speed mods on ShoreTrooper and remove Thrawn's mods for P3 of HAAT. I literally never need to switch my mods otherwise and I can still perform perfectly fine in TW, TB, Arena, HAAT and Pit.

Why could people possibly want to switch their mods around all the time? Is it absolutely necessary to use your uber mod set for every game mode? I can't think of an instance where the mods I have wouldn't suffice. I have really strong mods on my Arena team, and my few HAAT teams have strong mods too - after that, everyone else has average mods and thats fine for what I use them for.

Seriously, get a better range of mods and prioritize. Can someone please explain to me the big deal about mod management and why its actually a wanted thing?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!

I do not think that this is the number one concern for the vast majority of the player base. I think for the folks that compete for the top 10-20 in arena every day, sure, it is probably very important. But I think, from a QoL standpoint, improved guild chat/guild tools, a slider for bronzium packs, gear trade in, SHIPS (overall) and improved roster management would all rank higher. Maybe not on the roster management, but I know I get annoyed when i am trying to set up my default squads and sometimes I have to scroll forever to get who I am looking for. That might be a personal issue, lol. I only think about mods when I am trying to build up a new squad, which does not happen often and I can manage with the existing platform. I am also not max modding for arena.

• Zerfius wrote: »
    Maybe not on the roster management, but I know I get annoyed when i am trying to set up my default squads and sometimes I have to scroll forever to get who I am looking for.

So true here, especially when some characters look alike.
  • Aglardae wrote: »
    Zerfius wrote: »
    Maybe not on the roster management, but I know I get annoyed when i am trying to set up my default squads and sometimes I have to scroll forever to get who I am looking for.

So true here, especially when some characters look alike.

Yes! Jawa's, I'm looking at you! And tie pilots, troopers (storm, fost, magma), Hoth bros... yeah, the struggle is real!
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Aglardae wrote: »

I would love the complete removal of sims. An autowin feature without sims (like Marvel Strike Force) would be better. Sims go away too fast and this is quite annoying. After all we already spend energy on missions we sim which is more than enough.

I'm here with my jaw on the floor. Unless you mean sim tickets? That's completely different. Yeah, get rid of sim tickets. But the way you state, just sims, seems like you want us to have to do each battle. Which equate to about 50-70 each day, and that's just refreshing a couple times.

I have a few thousand sim tickets anyway. Sim tickets is another revenue source for those who don't spend refreshes on 20 energy hard nodes.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Zerfius wrote: »
    I am also not max modding for arena.

Um...ok?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nack_Alfaghn
    593 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I finish 1st in both arenas most days and are not too fussed about mod management and would consider it a waste of resources compared to other things the game really needs.

I would personally kill for better guild chat and guild tools. Better squad management would also be helpful for all these modes designed for using our full rosters.

Being able to pick arena payout time would also help everyone who has commitments outside of game around payout time.

Also there is a story that goes with me having a Gungan for my pic that I may tell one day which may or may not involve members of my guild voting.....

But at the end of the day just because someone hates Jar Jar doesn't mean they hate all Gungans does it?

After all I don't like Rose or Holdo but don't hate all women.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Maybe I'm wrong but I would assume most people (myself included) have their best mods on their arena team and therefore mod management would be a welcome addition. And top 10-20 has nothing to do with it, I'm holding the 100-200 range and would love to be able to switch mods from arena to raids to TB to whatever.
  • Meerava wrote: »
    Aglardae wrote: »

I would love the complete removal of sims. An autowin feature without sims (like Marvel Strike Force) would be better. Sims go away too fast and this is quite annoying. After all we already spend energy on missions we sim which is more than enough.

I'm here with my jaw on the floor. Unless you mean sim tickets? That's completely different. Yeah, get rid of sim tickets. But the way you state, just sims, seems like you want us to have to do each battle. Which equate to about 50-70 each day, and that's just refreshing a couple times.

I have a few thousand sim tickets anyway. Sim tickets is another revenue source for those who don't spend refreshes on 20 energy hard nodes.

I meant sims ticket yes.
  • No, it’s Ovaltine Jenkins....

If they do a quality of life update I would like to see stun cuffs and other things we actually need in daily activities instead of 3 out of 30

Not my #1. Exchanging useless gear in the shard shop for shard shop currency...that’s my #1.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -

I personally don’t care one bit about mod management. I rarely move them around. I’d much rather they take a 2nd attempt at balancing mods by introducing 6/7 dot mods.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    kittens kittens kittens

Such naughty language Liath!

• Minowara wrote: »

You've been trying to balance light and dark side?

giphy_27.gif
  • Sim tickets? I have around 400 and the pile is growing.
    Mod updates, yes.
    Mod cap raised, perhaps.
    Ally points. Now there is something that needs addressing. QOL update for sure.
    More credit heists.
    Change up challenge gear, not carbanti or other needed gear.
  • GrantusMaximus
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I finish 1st in both arenas most days and are not too fussed about mod management and would consider it a waste of resources compared to other things the game really needs.

I would personally kill for better guild chat and guild tools. Better squad management would also be helpful for all these modes designed for using our full rosters.

I'm first in ships and arena very day too and have some great mods over 20 speed which are useful to share between toons for different events eg rancor, AAT or TWs so its important for some people, if you empathise with them maybe they'll return the support
  • TurgonGW wrote: »
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »

I have never seen why people want mod management so badly. Just get a better range of higher quality mods. The only time I switch my mods, is when I put my best speed mods on ShoreTrooper and remove Thrawn's mods for P3 of HAAT. I literally never need to switch my mods otherwise and I can still perform perfectly fine in TW, TB, Arena, HAAT and Pit.

Why could people possibly want to switch their mods around all the time? Is it absolutely necessary to use your uber mod set for every game mode? I can't think of an instance where the mods I have wouldn't suffice. I have really strong mods on my Arena team, and my few HAAT teams have strong mods too - after that, everyone else has average mods and thats fine for what I use them for.

Seriously, get a better range of mods and prioritize. Can someone please explain to me the big deal about mod management and why its actually a wanted thing?

It's not "just" my opinion. It is the dominant opinion of the community. Watch gamechanger videos and all of them will tell you that mod management is the most important feature. Even people who have, as you say, a better range of high quality mods are requesting this feature.

You ask why people would want to move their mods all the time, and the whole point is that no one does want to move them around because it's a huge pain. We want mod sets and such so that we can move them around with ease.

What about the times when we need to move our arena mods to G8 toons to beat an event? We currently would have to select each one, confirm to pull it off a toon, then move over to the 2nd toon and apply it, confirm it again, and lather, rinse, repeat. 6 times per toon, for 5 toons. There should be an easier way to do that.

Personally I have let my arena team sit for several months at a time with less than optimal mods just because managing them is a nightmare.

Read the forums. Go on Reddit. Ask your guildmates. Go on YouTube and watch a gamechanger video, then read the comment section. If you don't see the need for mod management then jolly good for you sir. But don't pretend that it isn't the most important thing on the docket for a QoL update in this game. The community has been asking for this since mods came out, you are virtually alone in your opinion.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I would assume most people (myself included) have their best mods on their arena team and therefore mod management would be a welcome addition. And top 10-20 has nothing to do with it, I'm holding the 100-200 range and would love to be able to switch mods from arena to raids to TB to whatever.

Top 20 has nothing to do with it, yes. Those lower in arena who have fewer good mods have greater need to switch them around. I've been playing for 2 years, so by the logic of certain uninformed forumites, I shouldn't care about mod management because I have a decent number of good ones, but I still definitely see a need for it in my own account.

I take 0 damage in the HAAT every time because I don't want to take the time to mod a team specifically for that. I don't want to remod my fast Thrawn so that he has no extra speed so I can pull off certain strategies. It's just too big of a pain to be worth it for me, which means I'm doubtless missing out on the fun of soloing phases.
  • TurgonGW wrote: »

It's not "just" my opinion. It is the dominant opinion of the community. Watch gamechanger videos and all of them will tell you that mod management is the most important feature. Even people who have, as you say, a better range of high quality mods are requesting this feature.

You ask why people would want to move their mods all the time, and the whole point is that no one does want to move them around because it's a huge pain. We want mod sets and such so that we can move them around with ease.

What about the times when we need to move our arena mods to G8 toons to beat an event? We currently would have to select each one, confirm to pull it off a toon, then move over to the 2nd toon and apply it, confirm it again, and lather, rinse, repeat. 6 times per toon, for 5 toons. There should be an easier way to do that.

Personally I have let my arena team sit for several months at a time with less than optimal mods just because managing them is a nightmare.

Read the forums. Go on Reddit. Ask your guildmates. Go on YouTube and watch a gamechanger video, then read the comment section. If you don't see the need for mod management then jolly good for you sir. But don't pretend that it isn't the most important thing on the docket for a QoL update in this game. The community has been asking for this since mods came out, you are virtually alone in your opinion.

He’s not alone, those of you that want it don’t empathize with newer players. Newer players have ZERO time to farm mods but you want easy access to your god mods in every single aspect of the game? That’s not how the game is intended to work, the current method brings balance instead of just giving an advantage to people with god mods
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    TurgonGW wrote: »

He’s not alone, those of you that want it don’t empathize with newer players. Newer players have ZERO time to farm mods but you want easy access to your god mods in every single aspect of the game? That’s not how the game is intended to work, the current method brings balance instead of just giving an advantage to people with god mods

Wrong. Newer people have separate arena shards to handle that aspect of fairness.

By your logic we should all stop using CLS because it's not fair to newer players.
  • Minowara wrote: »

RegAG.gif
    News is closer than you think.

Kozi this is a bit misleading I think. Per the gamechangers, the new 'big' update isn't coming out until late February because they aren't going out to meet with you guys till mid February. When you post 'closer than you think', that makes us think next week. We still have a while to wait (probably around a month) until we get some serious news.

Remember, their idea of "soon" could be 2 months from now....
  • TVF wrote: »

Wrong. Newer people have separate arena shards to handle that aspect of fairness.

By your logic we should all stop using CLS because it's not fair to newer players.

We’re not competing cross shard in arena, in territory war and battle we are. Which is why the current system is fair, you guys competing against eachother in arena can all have it out with “who has the better god mods” us players playing less than 2 years are STILL catching up on cantina farms for legendary events.
  • CleverWes wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »

You've been trying to balance light and dark side?

giphy_27.gif

Well in Star Wars "balance" means the light side always wins, so I'd say they're doing a pretty good job of it.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

We’re not competing cross shard in arena, in territory war and battle we are. Which is why the current system is fair, you guys competing against eachother in arena can all have it out with “who has the better god mods” us players playing less than 2 years are STILL catching up on cantina farms for legendary events.

Lol I'm under 1 year. April 2017. So that doesn't help your point.

Should I stop using CLS in TB and TW since not everyone has him?
This discussion has been closed.