Attacking outside your payout time makes you a kitten lover

Prev1
KChat
45 posts Member
edited February 2018
We’ve all had it happen - you respectfully wait until one hour before payout to begin the climb. Some kitten lover decides to snipe you back down before you can climb the next rung of the ladder...

Why do people do this? Just because you dropped a few rankings after your payout? Let someone else get a good payout. It’ll still be there tomorrow. It’s petty, rude, & incredibly frustrating.

Don’t be a kitten lover. We all play this game because it’s fun & there are enough problems with it already without adding to them by hurting other players’ progression.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Lol as I'm climbing outside my payout because I was working late today and couldn't climb
  • Some people work during their payout
    Some people have real life events during payout that are more import
    Some people wait for a weak team to be above them before they attack
    Most people's payout is dinner time
    Many people have children to pick up or take somewhere during payout
    Etc
  • Get in a chat with them. Makes it easier to avoid hitting people who aren't at the same payout.
  • To be clear - I’m talking about people who immediately snipe you back down, outside their payout.
  • Is their a good way to find a chat for my Arena & Fleet shards? I really don’t know how I would find that...
  • KChat wrote: »
    Is their a good way to find a chat for my Arena & Fleet shards? I really don’t know how I would find that...

yeah they are on the forums here, people are always looking for their top 10 so they can all get good payouts.
  • I clock out of work at my payout time, so sorry not sorry I will always attack a few hours after my payout.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I struggle with this a bit...I agree with the OP to an extent, but at the same time it's player v player and that means no holds barred. If people want to camp on rank that's their right in a competitive game. No one is owed or guaranteed a certain rank cause it's their payout time. Just go kick his rear end right back :)
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    @KChat it is also possible that the offending party doesn't understand the way that payouts and timezones work. As the others said, your best bet is to try to find that person and see if you can setup a chat for your arena in line or discord.
  • Play the game as it is.
    Forget the 'payout' Concord and Line groups.
    Forget the structure with strangers.
    Forget agreement and reason.
    Fight.
    Fight with what you've built.
    What you've built with YOUR time and YOUR emotion.
    At any time.
    If you can snipe first at payout, you deserve first rewards.
    If you want to get your rank lower after payout, keep going.
    That's how it's designed. That's the intention.
    That is competition. You don't get extra crystals for favors.

Ask yourself, "how would this play out if there were no forums or chats?", and you were forced to play the game as it's presented to you, by yourself.

That is all.

Sincerely,

'Richard'
  • I can't play at my payout so I attack when I can
  • I do my first two in the morning for the dailies, and the other three whenever I get a chance, if any
  • If it's the same person doing it repeatedly and if you have no better recourse, then find out when that person's payout is and interfere with it every day until he is convinced to stop interfering with yours.
  • As stated above, I’m not talking about the “play-when-you-can” player. I’m referring to the vindictive nature of immediately knocking someone back down, just because...
    To be clear - I’m talking about people who immediately snipe you back down, outside their payout.

How do you know its outside their payout time?
  • Pretty easy to determine in fleet. I see when people battle up every day.
    To be clear - I’m talking about people who immediately snipe you back down, outside their payout.

Then maybe you have a weak team that looks very tempting to them once you climb above them.

Or maybe they like being a higher rank than you.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Joining your arena chat is incredibly helpful.

We had someone recently join our fleet chat that didn't know how payouts worked at all.

Another guy, I fought countless times at my payout. He joined the chat, and their payout was hours earlier. They were just used to doing a few battles before bed or in the morning, and it matched up with my payout.

Joining your chat is important because you get confirmation of when everyone else's payout is, and you can tell them when yours is. This makes climbing a lot easier.
  • I think the correct term you're looking for is "kitten".
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
    We’ve all had it happen - you respectfully wait until one hour before payout to begin the climb. Some ‘Richard’ decides to snipe you back down before you can climb the next rung of the ladder...

Why do people do this? Just because you dropped a few rankings after your payout? Let someone else get a good payout. It’ll still be there tomorrow. It’s petty, rude, & incredibly frustrating.

Don’t be a ‘Richard.’ We all play this game because it’s fun & there are enough problems with it already without adding to them by hurting other players’ progression.

I attack when I feel like it. Not to spite anyone out of bitterness. Why so serious? Get over it.
  • I am specifically referring to immediately knocking someone back down. At the top of the leaderboard, we are all capable of beating each other. I’m just saying, let people battle up...
  • K_G0sling wrote: »
    Play the game as it is.
    Forget the 'payout' Concord and Line groups.
    Forget the structure with strangers.
    Forget agreement and reason.
    Fight.
    Fight with what you've built.
    What you've built with YOUR time and YOUR emotion.
    At any time.
    If you can snipe first at payout, you deserve first rewards.
    If you want to get your rank lower after payout, keep going.
    That's how it's designed. That's the intention.
    That is competition. You don't get extra crystals for favors.

Ask yourself, "how would this play out if there were no forums or chats?", and you were forced to play the game as it's presented to you, by yourself.

That is all.

Sincerely,

'Richard'

And everyone in the chat you want to forget will ask, "who is this random guy hitting everyone at random payout times all day? Let's all gang up on him so he never sees the light of day again."
    I am specifically referring to immediately knocking someone back down. At the top of the leaderboard, we are all capable of beating each other. I’m just saying, let people battle up...

They’re trying to send you a message. Take the hint and don’t hit them, or send one back and hit them often.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • The message received is that they are a kitten-ing Richard. That’s my point...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    KChat wrote: »
    I am specifically referring to immediately knocking someone back down. At the top of the leaderboard, we are all capable of beating each other. I’m just saying, let people battle up...

How do you know this persons motives?

How do you know what their payout time is? Maybe you have the same payout?

Sometimes I can only get 2-3 battles in before payout but want to use all 5 before refresh. Too bad if someone gets bumped.

After awhile you recognise the name and teams you can beat easy with no risk of losing a battle for no gain.

It's happened to me before and I've turned around and done it right back. No biggie.

Is this at the top of your leaderboard? Then it's collusion fair and square as the game allows.
    Are you rank 50+? Then any and all of the reasons listed above.

If I can, if everything is perfect, I can sometimes get in 2 attacks before I get in the car.... during work. Then Pick up the kid and he does one with me. That, best case scenario - still leaves me with 2 attacks. Whether I'm up in the top 10 or I'm back down in the 30's -- again, time depending -- I have a guy I work with also running NS, in the time zone after me, I'll hold up this one other guy who tries sniping spots for him as, on weekends, he'll do the same for me.

Never forget - your real allies are you shard mates. Those guys in your guild are just in the way for #1 spot.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    KChat wrote: »
    Never forget - your real allies are you shard mates.

The truest words ever spoken on the forum.

Edit: Errrr.... typed. Whatever.
  • Again, you can see when people battle up, day after day. I know from watching our rankings that my payout is later than theirs. Why is this so difficult to understand? Also, it seems all of our payouts are within a few hours of each other, so this isn’t someone using their battles before refresh, but them being vindictive.

& yes, this is top 10. I guess I need to collude with others there & hope this guy is in chat.
  • Thanks for the input - some of it was actually helpful. I’m done now.
  • I don't have shard chat. I'm very mad when this person intervine with my payout. I believe he/she just wanna be the #1. So i battle him like 5 times near my payout. We battle eachother for days, until he finally realize it's my payout. We don't have any collision since then.

Sometimes i help other people. I know a person which his payout 1 hour before me. I see he have trouble with #1 team (NS), his titans team can't defeat them. Bcause i have imp trooper team, i knock that #1 position, then he can attack me so that he can have #1 position at his payout. I believe we have understanding then. He keep my back, i help him clear his path. All that without shard chat.

The poin, there is many alternative solution about collision. Can be by find ur shardmate and organize via shard chat, or u can find the solution by seeing pattern ingame, etc.

I'm relax now.. just do some battle at lunch refresh, then 1-2 battle near payout. :joy: