Okay, so what is the REAL evasion of Imperial TIE Fighter?

Prev1
Dryff
672 posts Member
I just had a TIE Fighter dodge 8 attacks in a row (0.1% chance) at a supposed 44.08% evasion. Okay, sure, it happens. My next fleet battle, 7 straight dodges (0.3% chance).

So you're telling me I just hit a 1 in 309249? Talk about successfully navigating the asteroid field...

And no, before you all mention it, there was no foresight involved.

Replies

• I think because the AI is so dumb, the game tries to compensate for it by giving them extra evasion for no reason.
  • If you run a TIE Fighter, assume that evasion is 50%, which means that if they keep dodging and you dont, RNG Checks out. :)

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    If you run a TIE Fighter, assume that evasion is 50%, which means that if they keep dodging and you dont, RNG Checks out. :)

:D:D:D
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    If you run a TIE Fighter, assume that evasion is 50%, which means that if they keep dodging and you dont, RNG Checks out. :)

That’s just about a perfect explanation.
  • I’m 99% convinced that the RNG in this game is poor and leads to extreme outcomes more than it should, but the average still remains accurate. You probably hit 8 times in a row too at some point but didn’t think twice about that situations I suspect that this is not lazy program, but an intentional design to trigger emotions on the game.
  • AI has better rng to make up for lack of proper targeting and attack order
  • Many over exaggerate how many dodges in a row out of frustration as well. And we often choose to ignore when we get on a lucky streak. Just use Vader or Poe and don't worry about the TFP. Save him for last.
  • It's 44%. The odds of having that happen are 0.1%, so roughly once every 1000 times. Consider that there are probably 100,000 fleet battles a day where TIE Fighter is involved, and it should theoretically happen 100 times a day. Today was your day twice. Congrats.

Don't say you never get lucky. Bad luck is still luck of a sort.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Attacking ships don't have 100% accuracy, do they? I know Vader's basic can't be evaded so that's who I try to use to hit TFP, but if ships don't have 100% accuracy, then that's an extra variable.
  • Just save him for last every time and you'll be fine
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    Many over exaggerate how many dodges in a row out of frustration as well. And we often choose to ignore when we get on a lucky streak. Just use Vader or Poe and don't worry about the TFP. Save him for last.
    Just save him for last every time and you'll be fine

Saving him for last is not great advice, because you can't control which of your ships is attacking him anymore. I've lost a number of matches that way that I should/could have won, because his Tarkin jumped ahead of mine on the last couple moves.

Kill TFP as soon as possible with Vader/Poe/Bistan and get it out of the way. Lets you use your AoE attacks that way too.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    Many over exaggerate how many dodges in a row out of frustration as well. And we often choose to ignore when we get on a lucky streak. Just use Vader or Poe and don't worry about the TFP. Save him for last.
    Just save him for last every time and you'll be fine

Saving him for last is not great advice, because you can't control which of your ships is attacking him anymore. I've lost a number of matches that way that I should/could have won, because his Tarkin jumped ahead of mine on the last couple moves.

Kill TFP as soon as possible with Vader/Poe/Bistan and get it out of the way. Lets you use your AoE attacks that way too.

That's right. Think twice on each of turns of unavoidable attackers. If Imp TIE is in the open hit him no matter what. If he might be the last one standing, use Vader's special to minimize evasion
  • It's 3,720 to 1 to navigate an astroid field :) but on a serious note I've noticed it depends on offense or defense. I have a g11, 7* 85 tie and on offense I dodge only once or twice a day with 5 battles. With defense, the enemy tie dodges nearly 83.33% unless it hit it with vader. I save it until the end and have a little more success winning the match but most times it will dodge my full team, hit it with vader, then dodge my whole team until I get to vader again. It's really annoying because mine gets hit multiple times in a row and dies when I attack.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    That is....
    0.14253866 % chance to be exact.
    You can say that's 'one and a little bit less than a half' in a thousand luck. cheers

Edit: So that was why both Imperial TIEs almost never dodged a shot in my latest battle. It evens out ;)
  • Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    It's 3,720 to 1 to navigate an astroid field :) but on a serious note I've noticed it depends on offense or defense. I have a g11, 7* 85 tie and on offense I dodge only once or twice a day with 5 battles. With defense, the enemy tie dodges nearly 83.33% unless it hit it with vader. I save it until the end and have a little more success winning the match but most times it will dodge my full team, hit it with vader, then dodge my whole team until I get to vader again. It's really annoying because mine gets hit multiple times in a row and dies when I attack.

Checks out. The 1 and 2 Dodges from yours comepnsate with the 1 or 2 Hits from the wither guy.

RNG!!!!
  • One word. Bell curve.
  • The good side of this is that it should happen the same when my fleet plays on defense..... I hope
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Drazz127 wrote: »

Use both Poe and Vader in that fleet...and I never once said anything about other streaks...nor was I complaining about anything. Actually defeated the TIE in both of those battles, but the evasion fed too much turn meter to the enemy capital ship.

Because of how ridiculous the TIE can be sometimes, I've gotten in the habit of counting dodges in fleet battles just for fun...and just when I thought my OP was insane...

I just missed Slave 1 four times in five shots. Slave %$#%ing 1. Poe Dameron missed. Tarken capital missed. FO TIE hits. TIE Fighter missed. Wedge missed. At 2% *supposed* dodge, that's like 1 in 6.25 million (not exactly, but something like this). :D:D

It was 50% HP Slave 1 and a stealthed TIE Fighter left against the four aforementioned ships. Because of those misses, it came down to a lone Poe having to hit the TIE for the win (on the cusp of Thrawn insta-kill). I may just have to turn this thread into insane fleet anecdotes.

• Dryff wrote: »
    Drazz127 wrote: »

Use both Poe and Vader in that fleet...and I never once said anything about other streaks...nor was I complaining about anything. Actually defeated the TIE in both of those battles, but the evasion fed too much turn meter to the enemy capital ship.

Because of how ridiculous the TIE can be sometimes, I've gotten in the habit of counting dodges in fleet battles just for fun...and just when I thought my OP was insane...

I just missed Slave 1 four times in five shots. Slave %$#%ing 1. Poe Dameron missed. Tarken capital missed. FO TIE hits. TIE Fighter missed. Wedge missed. At 2% *supposed* dodge, that's like 1 in 6.25 million (not exactly, but something like this). :D:D

It was 50% HP Slave 1 and a stealthed TIE Fighter left against the four aforementioned ships. Because of those misses, it came down to a lone Poe having to hit the TIE for the win (on the cusp of Thrawn insta-kill). I may just have to turn this thread into insane fleet anecdotes.

My tactic is hitting tie with vader basic + poe special. Any other way is rng dependant and it sometimes works to your cause or enemy. In general fleet arena is boring, because basically there is one combo dominating for a very very long time
  • @Liberlitas Agreed. It's TIEs early to apply TL and let Biggs tank while you pick off ships one-by-one. Though I have seen more AoE comps lately with 7* Thrawn everywhere: Thrawn special + Boba + Ghost + Millennium Falcon (this comp will be even more deadly once people start starring and gearing SF FO TIE).
  • @Dryff oh it may be a good combination, even though I didn't face any team like this in my shard top 20 yet! It's usually Biggs, FOTP, Tie Fighter , Tie Reaper/ 5's, Tie Advanced with Scimitar first reinforcement!
  • Liberlitas wrote: »
    @Dryff oh it may be a good combination, even though I didn't face any team like this in my shard top 20 yet! It's usually Biggs, FOTP, Tie Fighter , Tie Reaper/ 5's, Tie Advanced with Scimitar first reinforcement!

Yup, I see like 9/10 use Scimitar as first reinforcement too (though, I have to use Wedge)! There's one guy in the top 10 with Biggs, Falcon, TIE Fighter, FO TIE, and Boba - Scimitar and Ghost as reinforcements. If you don't take down Boba and Falcon before the first reinforcement, it's a tough fleet to beat with triple AoE.
  • Not sure if you watched the clone wars but anakins evasion in his starfighter, is basically 100% chance trust me way better then Tie Fighter lol.
    Also i am curious did you win the match with 8 dodges?
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    Not sure if you watched the clone wars but anakins evasion in his starfighter, is basically 100% chance trust me way better then Tie Fighter lol.
    Also i am curious did you win the match with 8 dodges?

I lost both of those matches (even though I DID end up killing the TIE...too much TM for enemy capital). I did however win the match I mentioned above where Slave 1 dodged 4 attacks... :D
  • Lol
  • Vader's basic can't miss. Therefore, the only ship that should be attacking the TIE is Vader.

The only monkey in the wrench to that strategy is if Vader dies quickly. If that's the case then leave TIE until last - and I mean don't touch him, at all, and that means no capital ships AoEs either. Especially so if you're against a Tarkin capital. Based on what capital ship you're running, if he's the only one left use any non-attacks if possible (e.g. Rex's defense buff) until you're Tarkin ultimate is ready or Thrawn's insta-death.
  • that's like 1 in 6.25 million (not exactly, but something like this)
    0.0000784% to be exact, which is 1 in 1,275,510.2040816
    roughly 1 in 1.275 million