Stormtrooper Han with Nightsisters Arena Viable?

I recently got the idea to pair stormtrooper han with the nightsisters under zeta asajj lead. Specifically, Asajj, Talzin, Talia, Daka, and ST Han. On paper, it seems like a great team - Asajj zeta leadership triggers a lot of TM bonuses for nightsisters which pair very well with Talia's kit, added in with TM gains for Talzin and Daka on their uniques, plus Han's taunt which grants TM to other allies any time he takes damage... seems like a match made in heaven.
Has anybody tried this out yet? I am still gearing up this team and my asajj is missing her leadership zeta so I would love to hear if this works for anyone. Cheers!

(Side note: I'm still looking for ways to incorporate NS Spirit into an asajj-led team for her TM reduction on basic attack, but not sure if Talzin/Talia/Daka are worth sacrificing. Thoughts?)

(Final side note: I realize Talia can't cleanse Han if he gets buff immunity or ability block, so perhaps this team is missing an extra cleanser, but again... who to replace?)

Replies

• Honestly any gear level zombie would be better in your team. STHan will be either buff/ability blocked or dispelled. You will receive maybe 1-2 tm boosts max off hits on him if RNG goes your way. After that he is dead weight.
  • Stormtrooper > STHan in this scenario. Tankier but reduces TM in enemies rather than gifting it to allies which amounts to the same result.
  • This is a sick combo, sounds fun.

How about Sun Fac since he removes buffs on basic and has 50% counter.
  • There are a few common characters who are going to dispel his taunt pretty quickly. He won’t be as useful as you’d think.
  • Honestly any gear level zombie would be better in your team. STHan will be either buff/ability blocked or dispelled. You will receive maybe 1-2 tm boosts max off hits on him if RNG goes your way. After that he is dead weight.

Yeah better use zombie.. paper zombie. zombie dead, she's give lot bonus tm n stacking bonus. Or something insane.. like g1 scarif pathfinder?
    :flushed:
  • You would need r2 to force taunt han. You mabe could try something like Mt lead daka r2 zombie and stormtrooper han. Would probably work well against Rey squads it would be hard to get to Mt so plague would take them down.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I used SRP with nightsisters in a few tests and its promising. He gives TM on Basic, speed up on death, self revives, and Dakas ability gives him 2 buffs when he rezzes so his self revive ability always kicks in AND he charges Faka and Aasajj death battery. I dont think he is as good as zombie in arena but Im going to test him with Aasajj lead and Daka Talia and Initiate in p4 of tank since my MT and Zombie are low star. Initiate gives a 3 turn group buff so I think it will work.

Even if he never dies his basic and offense down are nice and his taunt should recharge during topple. If he dies and gives speed up a few times its a bonus. I have used him with them in TW on offense and never lost against superior teams and my NS are all g8 with no zetas. Hes worth playing around with and the whole team is F2P and easy to get.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • First order stormtrooper zetad would be good since he calls an assist.
  • Really awesome feedback! More than I was expecting; thanks everyone!
  • I think Most people use Acolyte and no talia, Acolyte can hit hard with the right mods
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    You would need r2 to force taunt han. You mabe could try something like Mt lead daka r2 zombie and stormtrooper han. Would probably work well against Rey squads it would be hard to get to Mt so plague would take them down.

Jedi rey with raid han and fast thrawn destroys this team. In my experience raid han makes many variations useless because of his taunt ignore on first move
  • St Han taunt cooldown is too long for him to be useful beyond a very young shard/account. He will be dispelled very easily and then he is quite useless.
  • Liberlitas wrote: »
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    You would need r2 to force taunt han. You mabe could try something like Mt lead daka r2 zombie and stormtrooper han. Would probably work well against Rey squads it would be hard to get to Mt so plague would take them down.

Jedi rey with raid han and fast thrawn destroys this team. In my experience raid han makes many variations useless because of his taunt ignore on first move

I honestly doubt you run into this team. I've personally never seen it. But I agree raid han Jedi Rey would beat this squad probably. I don't really see Rey raid han squads on my shard.
  • I generally don't think nightsisters are viable in arena without zombie. Having a character who can constantly revives while granting bonuses to her teammates each time she dies is integral to their synergy
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    GK is much better. Asajj, Talzin, Zombie, Daka, and GK is a great arena team.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I generally don't think nightsisters are viable in arena without zombie. Having a character who can constantly revives while granting bonuses to her teammates each time she dies is integral to their synergy

See my post earlier about Scarif Rebel Pathfinder. Of course zombie is better but SRP gives TM, speed up, self revives at only 15% health (because he is the only rebel) and Dakas unique immediatly puts 2 buffs on him so his self revive kicks in again. When he is at 15% health the AI cant help but target him so he has a constant "soft" taunt, so he is essentially a weaker zombie after his first death. Zombie revives with more health with no taunt and the AI will target someone else.

SRP may not get taunt after every turn or pre-taunt but when he is at 15% health constantly they AI will primary him almost every time (and certainly more than a full health revives zombie). He is a lesser but viable alternative.

If GW wasn't nerfed so badly you could test it there better but its fun to play around with. ;)
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I've asked a few times for someone with a fast SRP to try him with zTalzin, (z)Daka, zAsajj and Zombie but with no success so far. :)
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I generally don't think nightsisters are viable in arena without zombie. Having a character who can constantly revives while granting bonuses to her teammates each time she dies is integral to their synergy

See my post earlier about Scarif Rebel Pathfinder. Of course zombie is better but SRP gives TM, speed up, self revives at only 15% health (because he is the only rebel) and Dakas unique immediatly puts 2 buffs on him so his self revive kicks in again. When he is at 15% health the AI cant help but target him so he has a constant "soft" taunt, so he is essentially a weaker zombie after his first death. Zombie revives with more health with no taunt and the AI will target someone else.

SRP may not get taunt after every turn or pre-taunt but when he is at 15% health constantly they AI will primary him almost every time (and certainly more than a full health revives zombie). He is a lesser but viable alternative.

If GW wasn't nerfed so badly you could test it there better but its fun to play around with. ;)

I tried running him in arena back in October in the week between the rework and prior to zombie getting released. It didn't work well, and the big problem was that Luke would hit hit for 30k, remove his buff, and apply buff block. He doesn't self revive from that

Also, now we have Rey who will consistently target him with her special that removes buffs and turn meter

There's no comparison between any character in the game and zombie when it comes to building your nightsister team
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah. I was saying to use him for raids if your zombie is low star and TW where you can pick your opponents. Zombie is clearly superior though.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah. I was saying to use him for raids if your zombie is low star and TW where you can pick your opponents. Zombie is clearly superior though.

I'm pretty happy with my low star zombie in territory wars. But yeah, scarif is amazing paired with assaj in phase 3 of the tank.