Tired of constantly being placed against tougher teams

I am really tired of the **** of being placed against tough teams from the very first node. I have constantly being placed against teams far tougher than I can beat. Many nights I cannot get past node 6. I think I am at the point of suing the company for trying to strong-arm players to pay to play. This is obviously a trick in programming to force players to pay money into the game. This also makes their claim of lowering the difficulty of the gw out to be a lie. This is supposed to be a game; which a game should be fun, not an aggravation. I need no comments from anyone. This is aimed at EA.

Replies

• Nodes six and 12 are probably the most difficult nodes in my experience. Six usually isn’t much but sometimes I’ll draw a team with good synergy and it’s kinda tough. Don’t worry, GW is only difficult until level 85. After that, it gets easier and easier.

To complete GW, farm Phoenix, or Zinn lead Resistance, or Wedge lead Rebels, or EP lead Sith/Empire, or Nightsisters. The easiest one to farm is Phoenix.

Without at least one of those teams, you’ll need fifteen characters (three teams) with good attack synergy and quality healing.

It’s not supposed to be easy but, it is only a mid-game challenge.
  • Progression is severely slowed because you only get to node 6. It's a genuine observation that has been ignored by devs. This is feedback to the current experience of some players below 85
  • You are going to sue someone for letting you play a game for free. Good luck with that......

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, don't like it then don't play. If you are serious then any reputable lawyer will fall off their chair laughing.
  • snarzenal wrote: »
    Nodes six and 12 are probably the most difficult nodes in my experience. Six usually isn’t much but sometimes I’ll draw a team with good synergy and it’s kinda tough. Don’t worry, GW is only difficult until level 85. After that, it gets easier and easier.

To complete GW, farm Phoenix, or Zinn lead Resistance, or Wedge lead Rebels, or EP lead Sith/Empire, or Nightsisters. The easiest one to farm is Phoenix.

Without at least one of those teams, you’ll need fifteen characters (three teams) with good attack synergy and quality healing.

It’s not supposed to be easy but, it is only a mid-game challenge.

It should not be down right impossible either. This is a game, which means it should be fun. Getting hammered every day is not fun. I am working on getting Phoenix Squad to 6*. The problem is leveling them up. Working on Resistance team now. Just got Poe and Holdo and Tico. Do not have Wedge for a Rebel team or Palpatine. Nightsisters are not complete either. Also, it seems I face hard node besides 6 and 12. I faced an Empire team lead by Thrawn on node 4 tonight. All level 80 with level 7 abilities and good mods. Took out my main team. I was away from the game for a year after they made GW impossible back in 2016. The game was much different then and the synergies you have today did not really exist then. My main team was my team with the highest power. That team is the only one I have over level 80 and they are not even level 85 yet. I have about 1-2 dozen toons between level 70 and 75. Leveling up toons is difficult because credits are hard to come by, especially when GW is so difficult. If I was able to get an extra 300-400k credits from there it would help me out huge.
  • Watp2018 wrote: »
    Progression is severely slowed because you only get to node 6. It's a genuine observation that has been ignored by devs. This is feedback to the current experience of some players below 85

Problem is I am now level 85. But that is me as a player. None of my toons are 85. And after being away from the game for over a year I am having to deal with a much different game than it was back then. Team synergies we're not like they are now. Back then teams were made up of people's toughest teams with the most power. My only team over level 80 is not one of great synergy, but when I started playing again they were my highest level toons and I had no idea of how much the game had changed. Been working on building better teams, but I need the tokens from GW to work on my toons, especially Zeb for my Phoenix Squad. Just very frustrated.
  • Sounds like you need to do some research and find out how the game works these days, yes its vastly different then it was in 2015/16 , but in a lot of respects it's much easier as well. Good luck and hopefully you can figure out some decent strategies as well as put together a squad that will handle Gw for you,.
  • Just think of the huge sense of accomplishment you'll have when you finally get your roster to the point that you can consistently beat GW.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Sounds lime a series of bad decisions have left you in a position where you are struggling.

• Sounds like you need to do some research and find out how the game works these days, yes its vastly different then it was in 2015/16 , but in a lot of respects it's much easier as well. Good luck and hopefully you can figure out some decent strategies as well as put together a squad that will handle Gw for you,.

Been working on Phoenix Squad. Also trying to work on my Empire team now that I have Thrawn. Need Palpatine though. Started working on a Resistance team and First Order team. Need Wedge and I might be able to put together a good Rebel team. But all this is going to take a very, very long time.
  • Naraic wrote: »
    Sounds lime a series of bad decisions have left you in a position where you are struggling.

Part of the problem is the game is very different now than it was when I stopped playing. Trying to learn the new synergies, but getting toons I need, getting them starred up, getting good mods on them, and getting them leveled up takes a very long time.
  • JCGray wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to do some research and find out how the game works these days, yes its vastly different then it was in 2015/16 , but in a lot of respects it's much easier as well. Good luck and hopefully you can figure out some decent strategies as well as put together a squad that will handle Gw for you,.

Been working on Phoenix Squad. Also trying to work on my Empire team now that I have Thrawn. Need Palpatine though. Started working on a Resistance team and First Order team. Need Wedge and I might be able to put together a good Rebel team. But all this is going to take a very, very long time.

Phoenix squad also will unlock, and seven star EP as well, they are useful for more then just thrawn. For that matter, if your Phoenix are built decently and modded decently, they will take care of most if not all of your Gw daily as well. They aren't exactly arena worthy endgame, but they are very VERY useful in many areas of the game.

You might be better off working on them and making sure you have the required chars for CLS ready for the next time his event returns.
  • Post your swgoh.gg and we can give you some help.
    Sounds like you need to do some research and find out how the game works these days, yes its vastly different then it was in 2015/16 , but in a lot of respects it's much easier as well. Good luck and hopefully you can figure out some decent strategies as well as put together a squad that will handle Gw for you,.

Phoenix squad also will unlock, and seven star EP as well, they are useful for more then just thrawn. For that matter, if your Phoenix are built decently and modded decently, they will take care of most if not all of your Gw daily as well. They aren't exactly arena worthy endgame, but they are very VERY useful in many areas of the game.

You might be better off working on them and making sure you have the required chars for CLS ready for the next time his event returns.

What is needed for CLS event???
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Post your swgoh.gg and we can give you some help.

https://swgoh.gg/u/jcgray/
    JCGray wrote: »

You need to have these five chars at seven stars, old Ben, farm boy Luke , r2, Leia and st Han

Gear eight with decent mods will get you thru, might take a try or two but should be quite manageable .
    I am really tired of the **** of being placed against tough teams from the very first node. I have constantly being placed against teams far tougher than I can beat. Many nights I cannot get past node 6. I think I am at the point of suing the company for trying to strong-arm players to pay to play. This is obviously a trick in programming to force players to pay money into the game. This also makes their claim of lowering the difficulty of the gw out to be a lie. This is supposed to be a game; which a game should be fun, not an aggravation. I need no comments from anyone. This is aimed at EA.

Not all nodes are created equal, and that is by design... That being said, since I started playing in August there have been maybe 15 GWs total that I wasn't able to complete... I am almost at my 150 victory challenge.

EA are not strong-arming anyone nor is there any "trick". Why don't you post your swhoh.gg profile and we can take a look and see why you are having so much trouble. Without giving us that, it is very difficult to give you any advice other than "get good".

And it doesn't matter how many posts you make about the same thing, the answer won't change.

You need to have these five chars at seven stars, old Ben, farm boy Luke , r2, Leia and st Han

Gear eight with decent mods will get you thru, might take a try or two but should be quite manageable .

Do not have R2. Guess I need to work on the rest once I get Phoenix Squad to 7*.
  • Blizzisme wrote: »

Not all nodes are created equal, and that is by design... That being said, since I started playing in August there have been maybe 15 GWs total that I wasn't able to complete... I am almost at my 150 victory challenge.

EA are not strong-arming anyone nor is there any "trick". Why don't you post your swhoh.gg profile and we can take a look and see why you are having so much trouble. Without giving us that, it is very difficult to give you any advice other than "get good".

And it doesn't matter how many posts you make about the same thing, the answer won't change.

I posted my swgoh.gg profile in a comment above the one you left.
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Just saw your swgoh.gg, and I think you are trying to do too much at once. You need to focus more.

Try running a team with your strongest chars for now... Phasma, Rey, luminara, JC, and Vader/dooku. Switch out Vader/dooku for thrawn if fighting NS with a zombie. It's not ideal, but with 2x healers it may be viable.

Choose ONE thing and work on that till it is strong enough to carry you. NS is really good for that, can do GW easily at level 85(even if the characters aren't 85 yet), and is the one you are closest to having fully functional imo. MT, assaj, daka, Talia, zombie. Start leveling them up while you work on activating daka. Don't gear your zombie any higher than he is right now until you've had a chance to examine all sides of the zombie gearing debate (there are 4 schools of thought).

Start working on getting 5x 4* dark side ships and pilots. If you can choose ones that you want to being to 5* even better because after that you need 8x 5* ships of any alignment. This is critical, as the ship ability mats challenge is how you get Zetas.

Once you can complete GW regularly, then you need to decide on a plan of progression. Feel free to PM me if you want more details or to discuss it.
    Just saw your swgoh.gg, and I think you are trying to do too much at once. You need to focus more.

Try running a team with your strongest chars for now... Phasma, Rey, luminara, JC, and Vader/dooku. Switch out Vader/dooku for thrawn if fighting NS with a zombie. It's not ideal, but with 2x healers it may be viable.

Choose ONE thing and work on that till it is strong enough to carry you. NS is really good for that, can do GW easily at level 85(even if the characters aren't 85 yet), and is the one you are closest to having fully functional imo. MT, assaj, daka, Talia, zombie. Start leveling them up while you work on activating daka. Don't gear your zombie any higher than he is right now until you've had a chance to examine all sides of the zombie gearing debate (there are 4 schools of thought).

Start working on getting 5x 4* dark side ships and pilots. If you can choose ones that you want to being to 5* even better because after that you need 8x 5* ships of any alignment. This is critical, as the ship ability mats challenge is how you get Zetas.

Once you can complete GW regularly, then you need to decide on a plan of progression. Feel free to PM me if you want more details or to discuss it.

How do I PM someone??

I would have thought Phoenix Squad was my most complete and most are now 6*. My NS, only Talia has more than 4 or 5*. Just wondering.

I would have thought Phoenix Squad was my most complete and most are now 6*. My NS, only Talia has more than 4 or 5*. Just wondering.

Stars are nice, but they basically just give you a multiplier on the stats you get per lvl, so they are not the be-all/end-all. Phoenix needs maxed skills including omegas(at least on the uniques) to be able to carry you, and they do relatively low dmg though their survivability is good. NS, on the other hand, functions well even if their skills aren't fully maxed. Gear wise the NS aren't bad, with zombie low(not necessarily a bad thing), MT and Talia at 8, and assaj and acolyte at 7.

You really need either daka or MT's zeta leader(or both) to really make them shine, but shine they do...

Not sure if you've looked since the rework.
    Talia's basic attack also does an aoe heal(NS only), first special clears debuffs and aoe heals.

Assaj's special heals and clears buffs on enemy, and every time anything dies (including your zombie,at least once per turn) she gets stronger. My strat with NS vs Phoenix is usually wait till assaj can one-shot them. ;p

Zombie taunts at the end of every turn and resurrects as long as there is any NS alive. (If you don't have daka, pair him with acolyte)

Daka has a good stun on her basic and her heal has 100% chance to res one dead NS, and then 35%(non-NS) or 70%(NS) chance to res each other dead party member.

And MT is just ridiculous. Take some time and read her skills.
  • To put this in perspective, at 53k my NS team took out a 96k GK team last TW
  • Ok.

First: you're level 85, so your teams should be too.

Second: you're spreading yourself too thin with half leveling and half gearing toons. If your main concern is GW then focus on your Phoenix team, you don't need Sabine. Resistance is nice for GW too but you're a ways off from having them ready. Next for you is Empire for R2D2 then its the toons for CLS.

Third: stop investing in "useless" toons. Ones like JC should not be a priority for you right now.

Fourth: Phasma is a great default leader for any team due to the amount of bonus attacks she gives. Ive used her since this game started and im in the top 200 of my shard. So she isnt a meta killer but she can hold her own. Keep working on Kylo ren as well,his AOE saves me aganist nightsisters every battle.

Lastly, on youre arena team, you should have a taunter there. Put them in place of JC as you dont need 2 healers. And you can replace dooku with Vader, or Boba. Boba will make dealing with nightsister way easier for you

Hope this helps.
  • Finally cleared a GW last night. Felt good.