Game progression

It seems like I cannot progress anywhere near as fast as I would like to. I hit level 85 but my top 5 toons are only at level 82. The game has changed since I had last played, right when mods were released. Back then it was all about team power, now it is all about mods and team synergy. Credits are tough to come by in the amount I need to make real progress. One 5* mod takes; I think, over a half million credits to fully upgrade. Leveling up toons can take well over a million credits just to get one to level 70. And starring up toons takes a half million for every 6* and a million for every 7*. There never seems to be enough credits and I am left feeling as frustrated as I was back in November of 2016 when I stopped playing because GW became such a joke. I am lately left feeling like I cannot progress near as fast as I need to in order to be competitive. Having been back playing for 3 months I have only managed to get 7 toons to 7*. I just got 2 toons to G10. Getting mods upgraded has ate through resources that has meant I have not been able to level up toons I would like to have 80+. Instead many of those toons sit between level 50 and 73. GW is still a joke for me to even think about finishing. With only 6 toons over level 80 and the next dozen between 70-73 I am lucky to make it to node 9. I often deal with several nodes of G10 level 80+ opponents with full mods. I love Star Wars and I enjoy the premise of this game. Just wish it was more enjoyable and a little easier to progress. Especially the credit situation. But then again, doubt the devs even care.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firstly they do care.

Progress is very paced in this game. It's a marathon not a sprint.

The background of the game is resource management, yes when you have so many options it can seem overwhelming, but you need to focus and plan.

They introduced the credit heist to help, and it really does.

Final note, time = money if you want to progress at the pace you feel you should you can invest, as many of us have. Not necessary at all, but it's there.
  • And I have put some money into the game, but being on a fixed income I am not able to spend much more than I currently do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As I said it's not necessary, but the pacing of the game is pretty fair. New accounts have access to so much more than many of us did on the road up right now, but it's a long road and may not be for everyone.
  • It sometimes feels like I am playing the game wrong or something. I see all these other 85 level players with deep rosters all at 85 and I do not even have one toon at 85. And trying to learn all the nuances of the game how it is now is difficult. And it almost seems as if you have to have a PHD IQ to really get it all figured out. Just wish it was easier to know which toons to work on and which mods work best with which types of toons.
  • But you took a big break. People with big rosters have been doing daily play that whole time. Kyno is exactly right, this game is about resource management and tradeoffs. It would be even less fun if everybody could quickly get everything - there would be no point to the diversity of the game if everybody had every toon and could counter everything. You build up strengths, build a strategy for your roster, and you will be weaker down the road on some things and stronger on others. Personally that's part of the fun of the game for me.
  • But you took a big break. People with big rosters have been doing daily play that whole time. Kyno is exactly right, this game is about resource management and tradeoffs. It would be even less fun if everybody could quickly get everything - there would be no point to the diversity of the game if everybody had every toon and could counter everything. You build up strengths, build a strategy for your roster, and you will be weaker down the road on some things and stronger on others. Personally that's part of the fun of the game for me.

I guess. But the problem is there is not enough resources to do the limited things I want to do. They could do a credit heist event twice a week and it would still take me months to get anywhere.
  • You also might need to either get into a guild, or get into a good guild, that helps with resource income as well
  • Honestly, start over. You are at an incredible disadvantage in every way on your current account. Truth is, new players have NONE of the struggles originally in the game. I started my second account a while back & am never short on credits or training droids, was quickly sitting on g9/10 7* characters by lvl 75. Win GW every day. Totally f2p account.

Do NOT follow the "go for Phoenix first" guide... how that ever became a thing is beyond me & inevitably the same people that follow it are back here at a pretty decent disadvantage wondering what to do to fix it.
  • You also might need to either get into a guild, or get into a good guild, that helps with resource income as well

In a guild. The extra 500k in credits I get for the 2 raids we do every week helps a little. But raising a toon 2-4 levels every week still takes a long time to get toons leveled. I mean it costs over 200k to move toons up one level in the mid and high 60's and in the 70's. High 70's and low 80's take 300k+ to level one level.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Honestly, start over. You are at an incredible disadvantage in every way on your current account. Truth is, new players have NONE of the struggles originally in the game. I started my second account a while back & am never short on credits or training droids, was quickly sitting on g9/10 7* characters by lvl 75. Win GW every day. Totally f2p account.

Do NOT follow the "go for Phoenix first" guide... how that ever became a thing is beyond me & inevitably the same people that follow it are back here at a pretty decent disadvantage wondering what to do to fix it.

Than what should one be doing. I was told Phoenix Squad would help with GW.
  • JCGray wrote: »
    You also might need to either get into a guild, or get into a good guild, that helps with resource income as well

In a guild. The extra 500k in credits I get for the 2 raids we do every week helps a little. But raising a toon 2-4 levels every week still takes a long time to get toons leveled. I mean it costs over 200k to move toons up one level in the mid and high 60's and in the 70's. High 70's and low 80's take 300k+ to level one level.

You might want to consider looking for another guild. You need something that's running more like three heroic rancor and two Haat per week, there is an astronomical difference between two raids a week and five,
    You also might need to either get into a guild, or get into a good guild, that helps with resource income as well

You might want to consider looking for another guild. You need something that's running more like three heroic rancor and two Haat per week, there is an astronomical difference between two raids a week and five,

I am worried I would not meet another guilds requirements. I did not even meet this guilds requirements. Luckily they accepted me anyway. Taught me about the current state of the game and that I needed to work on team synergy and getting mods put on my toons.

It's 6.3m credits from lvl 1-85, I believe. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

You get 5m avg every 6-12 days from credit heists, so call it 4m/week
    You get another 2-3m per week from challenges, dailies, etc.
    You get 500k from haat and 300k from pit 7, 3 times a week, so another 2.5m
    You get 500k-700k from completing GW every day, so call it 600k avg x 7 days for 4.2m/week

So you should have an average income of 13m/week, give or take.

Yeah, it feels slow cause you want to do everything all at once... But it's enough.

Right now I am prepping for.CLS and.JTR, so I am boosting all requisite chars to 82 (not 85, they have access to all omegas and Zetas at 82). In the last 2 weeks I've done 5 chars and I still have lots to go, and I will get them all done in time... But it takes time, and you have to accept that this is about the long game. I am making plans that take me through may, right now...
  • Blizzisme wrote: »
    JCGray wrote: »

It's 6.3m credits from lvl 1-85, I believe. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

You get 500k-700k from completing GW every day, so call it 600k avg x 7 days for 4.2m/week

Yeah, it feels slow cause you want to do everything all at once... But it's enough.

Right now I am prepping for.CLS and.JTR, so I am boosting all requisite chars to 82 (not 85, they have access to all omegas and Zetas at 82). In the last 2 weeks I've done 5 chars and I still have lots to go, and I will get them all done in time... But it takes time, and you have to accept that this is about the long game. I am making plans that take me through may, right now...

I only get 2.5 million from Credit Heist events and they do not come every 6 days, more like 10-12. My guild does 2 raids a week; which if I get in the FFA for Pit, it gives me an extra million. I do not know if I get 2-3 million a week from the stuff you mentioned. Right now the only toons I have been working on really are my Phoenix Squad, my Scoundrels when I can, and I pushed Thrawn up to level 60 and put some mods I had on him. Besides that I have not really done much. Have not worked on Poe, Holdo, or Tico since getting them other than some basic stuff.
  • Blizzisme
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Blizzisme wrote: »

I only get 2.5 million from Credit Heist events and they do not come every 6 days, more like 10-12. My guild does 2 raids a week; which if I get in the FFA for Pit, it gives me an extra million. I do not know if I get 2-3 million a week from the stuff you mentioned. Right now the only toons I have been working on really are my Phoenix Squad, my Scoundrels when I can, and I pushed Thrawn up to level 60 and put some mods I had on him. Besides that I have not really done much. Have not worked on Poe, Holdo, or Tico since getting them other than some basic stuff.

If you are only getting 2.5m from credit heist you are not doing the highest tier. At lvl 85 you should absolutely be doing it. Getting to the highest tier of credit heist should be a priority for you....

Not sure what you mean by FFA pit... Your guild should let you at least 0-dmg every raid, so you should be getting rewards for all pits and all haat.

If I were you I would prioritize scoundrels until you can do the max tier credit heist(if you can do it after a few tries, that's good enough. You don't need the scoundrels to be able to roflstomp it, at least not at this point) and NS (since they are able to swing well outside their weight class since the rework).

If you are only getting 2.5m from credit heist you are not doing the highest tier. At lvl 85 you should absolutely be doing it. Getting to the highest tier of credit heist should be a priority for you....

Not sure what you mean by FFA pit... Your guild should let you at least 0-dmg every raid, so you should be getting rewards for all pits and all haat.

If I were you I would prioritize scoundrels until you can do the max tier credit heist(if you can do it after a few tries, that's good enough. You don't need the scoundrels to be able to roflstomp it, at least not at this point) and NS (since they are able to swing well outside their weight class since the rework).

I mean free for all. We have a 0 damage policy for the first 24hrs and than the guild leader calls ffa. If I get in on the ffa I can usually get 500k credits. If not and I do 0 damage I only get like 250-300k. The extra 200-250k credits helps me out. Was working on my strongest Scoundrels, but I kept getting told to put them on hold and get my Phoenix Squad maxed out. This is where I get confused because people give different advice. I guess I get back to working on Scoundrels. At least I already have Boba at 7*.

I mean free for all. We have a 0 damage policy for the first 24hrs and than the guild leader calls ffa. If I get in on the ffa I can usually get 500k credits. If not and I do 0 damage I only get like 250-300k. The extra 200-250k credits helps me out. Was working on my strongest Scoundrels, but I kept getting told to put them on hold and get my Phoenix Squad maxed out. This is where I get confused because people give different advice. I guess I get back to working on Scoundrels. At least I already have Boba at 7*.

It depends on what your goals are... Doing scoundrels will slow your other progression short term, but being able to do highest tier of credit heist will be better for you long term.

Phoenix is really good if you want to get thrawn to 7* and can be repurposed for palpatine too, BUT for thrawn at least you will need all uniques omegaed and all basic attacks. Tried without them this past event and it was not doable. Even with them all.omegaed it took me a good 30 tries.

If you aren't farming for thrawn there are better and more interesting squads you could be running. It really depends a lot on how you like to play. You are close on NS, you are close on rebels(don't have your page up right now, but you had Leia, lando, Biggs, etc. Just missing wedge as I recall), and there were some other options too.

Phoenix is advice that is often given to new players because Phoenix performs really well till around lvl 60-65, (then they drop off and pick up again when you can zetaed them...) And gives you a starting point to use to build other teams (i.e. Ezra can go into rebels or Jedi, etc). That really doesn't apply to your situation... You already have a decent base of built up characters... And you are already past the point where Phoenix would be useful without maxing everything to the extreme... And if you are going to do that, there are better uses for your Zetas.

It depends on what your goals are... Doing scoundrels will slow your other progression short term, but being able to do highest tier of credit heist will be better for you long term.

Phoenix is really good if you want to get thrawn to 7* and can be repurposed for palpatine too, BUT for thrawn at least you will need all uniques omegaed and all basic attacks. Tried without them this past event and it was not doable. Even with them all.omegaed it took me a good 30 tries.

If you aren't farming for thrawn there are better and more interesting squads you could be running. It really depends a lot on how you like to play. You are close on NS, you are close on rebels(don't have your page up right now, but you had Leia, lando, Biggs, etc. Just missing wedge as I recall), and there were some other options too.

Phoenix is advice that is often given to new players because Phoenix performs really well till around lvl 60-65, (then they drop off and pick up again when you can zetaed them...) And gives you a starting point to use to build other teams (i.e. Ezra can go into rebels or Jedi, etc). That really doesn't apply to your situation... You already have a decent base of built up characters... And you are already past the point where Phoenix would be useful without maxing everything to the extreme... And if you are going to do that, there are better uses for your Zetas.

I had been farming for Thrawn and to help out on GW. Even at 5* and level 60 I have liked what Thrawn can do on a team. What is needed for Palpatine?? I think I should work on Scoundrels now though so I can get the last tier of Credit Heist done. I have Boba to 7* and at level 75. CWC is about to be 7* and is at level 70. Lando, ST Han, and Cad Bane are all 6* and level 70. I will try to work on NS some to while trying to max out my scoundrels.

I had been farming for Thrawn and to help out on GW. Even at 5* and level 60 I have liked what Thrawn can do on a team. What is needed for Palpatine?? I think I should work on Scoundrels now though so I can get the last tier of Credit Heist done. I have Boba to 7* and at level 75. CWC is about to be 7* and is at level 70. Lando, ST Han, and Cad Bane are all 6* and level 70. I will try to work on NS some to while trying to max out my scoundrels.

Palpatine is an event (coming on the 8th) that needs rebels (Phoenix are also rebels so you can just use them). It is a bit easier than thrawn's event.

Palpatine is an event (coming on the 8th) that needs rebels (Phoenix are also rebels so you can just use them). It is a bit easier than thrawn's event.

Well I got Palpatine, but cannot seem to find the tier 6.