Content overload

We’ve just had two long term players leave our guild and both for the same reason. Too much time spent on the game. This is going to become a major issue over time . Why aren’t the tb stages functioning over 12 hour periods as stated they would be ? This would save people a lot of time and stop some from leaving the game completely .

Replies

• If they were 12 hours one complete phase would be missed by all guilds
  • The new content is always optional
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    12 hour phases don't save any time, the amount of time it takes to do your TB missions would be the same. And the reason it hasn't been implemented is the same reason they changed it from 12 to 24 hours in the first place - there is no 12 hour period that everybody can be expected to be able to play the game.
  • The biggest problem is back to back TBattles, Then 2 Territory Wars! They should give people a few days break between guild events of any type imo.
  • Maybe they just realized they shouldn’t be spending so much time playing the game and made the most responsible decision for both themselves and your guild.
  • As my memories someone just said they dont mind content bombardment a week or two at...what, TB sub forum?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dani07 wrote: »
    We’ve just had two long term players leave our guild and both for the same reason. Too much time spent on the game. This is going to become a major issue over time . Why aren’t the tb stages functioning over 12 hour periods as stated they would be ? This would save people a lot of time and stop some from leaving the game completely .

They changed it due to community feedback on the 12 hour phases.

I can see why you would say it saves time but it would increase stress and harder to balance and herd cats.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Anrath wrote: »
    The biggest problem is back to back TBattles, Then 2 Territory Wars! They should give people a few days break between guild events of any type imo.

Personally I enjoy the game. If they ran back to back tw permanently and a territory battle each week i would be delighted.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It'd be nice if your guild could advance phases on it"s own. Keep the same time frame, but let you finish any time within that window. That would let guilds finish a TB in 24-48 hours, and have a break before the next event.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Anrath wrote: »
    The biggest problem is back to back TBattles, Then 2 Territory Wars! They should give people a few days break between guild events of any type imo.

Nobody is forced to participate in every single event. There are many "casual" guilds were nobody minds if you skip one or two events.

More time between events basically means fewer events. If you want a break, simply don't register for it.

That's like going out for dinner with some friends and saying "oh, I'm not hungry, just bring us some drinks" when the waitress wants to take your order. :D
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I can't believe someone is complaining about content overload by saying it should be compressed into an even shorter time frame.

And how long does it really take you to fight three or four battles and put a couple of characters into platoons anyway?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • In fairness just before the latest TB there was a nice gap where not much as happening and everything was back to the way it used to be
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    And how long does it really take you to fight three or four battles and put a couple of characters into platoons anyway?

having to do that twice in a 24h period would take longer, that's for sure.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    JakeC wrote: »
    In fairness just before the latest TB there was a nice gap where not much as happening and everything was back to the way it used to be

What?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Anrath wrote: »

There IS a day break. Unless you call clicking the join button participating in an event. That’s literally all you have to do for the 24 hrs after TB. And lately we’ve been having a huge 3-4 day break after the second TW and before the next TB.
  • Jedi_Bane
    310 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I would prefer more TB and 1 TW in between them. Need all those event coins now that i am farming wampa
  • I've really enjoyed reading all the feedback and have come to the conclusion that they can’t please everyone. I also agree to the fact that in some guilds people can pick and choose if they want to join a particular event so there doesn’t have to be a bombardment of any sort . Thank you all.