Character Strategy- Darth Vader

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2018
    Hiya, Nabbed a couple of questions in this thread for our design team to answer. I'll update with more when needed.

Q: If a character is both Empire and Sith or both Jedi and Rebel, does Vader's unique trigger twice for them? Basically, would he get 16 speed for Palpatine, Old Ben, Ezra and Kanan or just 8?
    • Answer: He would get the former speed bonus mentioned. Although in that example, with those combination of units, his speed bonus is actually +32 speed at level 1 of his unique ability (+4 Speed for each instance of Empire, Sith, Jedi and Rebel).

Palpatine is Empire and Sith (4 + 4 = 8 )
      Old Ben, Ezra, and Kanan are Rebel and Jedi ([4+4]+[4+4]+[4+4])=24.

Q: Zader's previous abilities stay the same I assume? The dots still cannot be cleansed?
    • Answer: The end result of his leader ability "Inspiring Through Fear" remains the same, just the progression upgrade offense numbers were tweaked to be whole numbers instead of decimal numbers.
    • His special, "Force Crush", can no longer be countered. This is available at the base level of the ability.
    • - His basic ability was boosted to deal more damage, even though the upgrade progression remains the same.
    • His special, "Culling Blade", received a 5% damage increase in upgrade 6. It replaced the -1 cooldown, which was converted to the base level of the ability (used to previously unlock at a 4 turn cooldown, and now unlocks at a 3 turn cooldown).

Q: Will either of these upgrades come with a stat increase?? The power on Vader basic was always a little low.
    • Answer: Yes, Vader's basic ability got a big damage boost as well as minor one for "Culling Blade"

Q:Vader rework- Will this Zeta slow down Zader’s ship or allow his ship to go faster?
    • Answer: His ship will gain 2 speed when completely maxed out. The new unique should only speed up his ship, not slow it down.

Q: Does Vader's immunity to turn meter reduction mean that if dazed he will still get turn meter from bonus effects?
    • No. Daze prevents Turn Meter Gain. Vader is immune to Turn Meter Removal. They hit different things, so Vader can still be affected by Daze

Post edited by Kozispoon on
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon please kindly add my question (just a couple of post above) and.. Does he count himself for the speed bonus? Since there's no "for other allies" it should i think.
    Res non verba
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    tcic42u8tal2.jpg
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Hiya, Nabbed a couple of questions in this thread for our design team to answer. I'll update with more when needed.

Q: If a character is both Empire and Sith or both Jedi and Rebel, does Vader's unique trigger twice for them? Basically, would he get 16 speed for Palpatine, Old Ben, Ezra and Kanan or just 8?
    • Answer: He would get the former speed bonus mentioned. Although in that example, with those combination of units, his speed bonus is actually +32 speed at level 1 of his unique ability (+4 Speed for each instance of Empire, Sith, Jedi and Rebel).

Q: Zader's previous abilities stay the same I assume? The dots still cannot be cleansed?
    • Answer: The end result of his leader ability "Inspiring Through Fear" remains the same, just the progression upgrade offense numbers were tweaked to be whole numbers instead of decimal numbers.
    • His special, "Force Crush", can no longer be countered. This is available at the base level of the ability.
    • - His basic ability was boosted to deal more damage, even though the upgrade progression remains the same.
    • His special, "Culling Blade", received a 5% damage increase in upgrade 6. It replaced the -1 cooldown, which was converted to the base level of the ability (used to previously unlock at a 4 turn cooldown, and now unlocks at a 3 turn cooldown).

Q: Will either of these upgrades come with a stat increase?? The power on Vader basic was always a little low.
    • Answer: Yes, Vader's basic ability got a big damage boost as well as minor one for "Culling Blade"

ALL KINDS OF WINNING. THANKS!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • This is sweet. Thanks devs!!
  • giphy.gif
    From where is this gif?

Hiya, Nabbed a couple of questions in this thread for our design team to answer. I'll update with more when needed.

That make me so happy! :D:D
  • I wish he got more of an offense boost. +offense% per debuffed enemy or something. Or double damage against Jedi/Rebel. I mean he’s Darth Vader!! He should be feared! I feel his rework is good but imo I still don’t see much of a threat when facing against one. Same abilities, he’s just a bit faster. Also wish he got 2 uniques to have 6 abilities. Again, he’s Darth Vader! Literally the most recognizable character in Star Wars history!
  • DarthApok wrote: »
    I wish he got more of an offense boost. +offense% per debuffed enemy or something. Or double damage against Jedi/Rebel. I mean he’s Darth Vader!! He should be feared! I feel his rework is good but imo I still don’t see much of a threat when facing against one. Same abilities, he’s just a bit faster. Also wish he got 2 uniques to have 6 abilities. Again, he’s Darth Vader! Literally the most recognizable character in Star Wars history!

Well, kozi said that he got a pretty decent damage boost to his basic and culling blade with the rework.
  • @CG_Kozispoon When will this rework be in affect?
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited February 2018

I’m a bit confused. The original post says 8 speed per instance now your saying it’s 4.

One of the most powerful Dark Jedi in the galaxy will soon have upgraded abilities and new abilities.

UNIT NAME: Darth Vader
    ALIGNMENT: Dark
    CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Attacker

ABILITIES:
    Changes are colored green

Unique: No Escape
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

Edit: I noticed you say at stage 1.
    I guess the increments 1-8 is bounced between speed and health recovery?
  • Charlo999 wrote: »

I’m a bit confused. The original post says 8 speed per instance now your saying it’s 4.

One of the most powerful Dark Jedi in the galaxy will soon have upgraded abilities and new abilities.

ABILITIES:

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

Which is it?

It says “at level 1 of his unique ability” for this example. Of course we all automatically calculate when something is maxed.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Charlo999 wrote: »

ABILITIES:

Which is it?

The original post is when ability is maxed. 4 per instance is without upgrades.
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    @Charlo999 Kozi's description is +4 speed at ability level 1. That means the speed doesn't come from the zeta, at least not entirely.
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Tarkin lead for speed boost +8 palp 8x2 speed, thrawn +8 tfp +8 = +40 plus tarkins which I can’t remember

Cls, old Ben, r2 wiggs or chaze =+40

How fast is vader now *mindblown*

It is 16 for palps because 8 for sith 8 for empire and palps is both
  • Thanks for pointing that out.
    This is even more of a win than we thought then. Max speed boost without the Zeta.
    Zeta probably just does health regen.
  • Bora wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon please kindly add my question (just a couple of post above) and.. Does he count himself for the speed bonus? Since there's no "for other allies" it should i think.

The answer is no. That is based on the example given:
    32 total bonus at lvl 1 = 8 from palp + 24 from 3x jedi rebels
  • So how will the unique work in TB? Let's say you have a full empire team without Palp, so plus 48 speed, and the wave starts with 6 rebels. There's another 48. Then the next wave has another 6 rebels, so will he gain another 48 for a total of plus 144 speed?
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    So how will the unique work in TB? Let's say you have a full empire team without Palp, so plus 48 speed, and the wave starts with 6 rebels. There's another 48. Then the next wave has another 6 rebels, so will he gain another 48 for a total of plus 144 speed?

I really hope that works, gaining 48 speed stacking each wave would get him to ludicrous speeds.
  • I would think that Vader's speed is buffed based on how many active (and buff relevant) characters are on the battlefield. That is, as opposing rebels die, his speed boosts would be reduced.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    So how will the unique work in TB? Let's say you have a full empire team without Palp, so plus 48 speed, and the wave starts with 6 rebels. There's another 48. Then the next wave has another 6 rebels, so will he gain another 48 for a total of plus 144 speed?

Each wave is an encounter, so the bonus starts over each wave
  • ...so JTR with Holdo will counter perfectly this new Sith/Empire Teams ;) DAZE 4 THE WIN!
  • @CG_Kozispoon does Vader unique trigger himself? i mean does his empire+sith tags give himself bonus 8 speed at lvl 1 ability and 16 speed when zeta?
  • Merovingen wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon does Vader unique trigger himself? i mean does his empire+sith tags give himself bonus 8 speed at lvl 1 ability and 16 speed when zeta?

Read the whole thread instead of asking the same questions over and over again... it has been answered already,
  • When a debuff is cleansed is it still considered expired?
    Also does Vader include himself for speed bonus? If so with perfect team he cpuld gain 120 speed lol
  • Creepioo wrote: »
    When a debuff is cleansed is it still considered expired?
    Also does Vader include himself for speed bonus? If so with perfect team he cpuld gain 120 speed lol

Yes

Yes
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I think you can push Vader over 300 speed now with some good mods... will it be fast enough to beat JRT? That remains to be seen...

Under Palp... Vader is going to be an amazing character to move fast (first?) and use force crush immediately followed up with culling blade for big damage and TM gain for the team

Under Krennic... it’s another story for the ability block & protection regen... could also be strong?

Vader lead and he moves fast (first?) and gives TM reduction and gives TM to the team.....

Tarkin lead... Vader moves first without a doubt.. but is it the strongest leader ability?

Going to be fun to play around with... definitely going to make those empire/ Sith teams a lot more interesting :)
  • So many Empire combos, Dont Forget about Stark he's fast and giving everyone crit dmg up is no small feat. Might see some Zaul teams again too.
  • I am close to gaining my next zeta and have G12 ZVader nad G10 Palp. Whose unique should I Zeta first?
  • @Smapty

He can definitely push past 300 speed with a good arena speed set and the right ally-enemy composition.

Palp L, Vader, +3 other empire
    Vs.
    Jtr, bb8, r2, gk, +1 (let's say the 5th isn't a rebel or Jedi)

Vader would gain 16+16+8+8+8+8+8 (not sure if it includes Vader or not)
    If it does include Vader then he would have...
    +72 speed
    if not...
    +56 speed
    An average-decent arena speed set of +110-115 I believe is reasonable for everyone that's top 20.
    72+110 = 182
    Add that to his base speed of 121 and now he is a speed demon at
    303 speed

Even if his unique doesn't include himself it would still be impressive at..
    However that's only a +110 speed set, I'm sure lots of people can push 120-130 even.
    Of course it could be even higher than that, since I am using jtr squads as an example. Many jtr use zolo, and even old ben so that's even more.

Vader can easily become the fastest toon in arena besides the bb8/r2s because of the 16% tm gain. However Vader could outspeed those weak modded JTR squads that are able to climb. Which is a good thing because nobody likes them.
  • @Mullato Vader counts himself as an ally just like Wedge Unique. The theoretical max bonus is +120 speed if opponent is using all Rebel/Jedi with Ezra, Kanan and Old Ben.