Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Replies

• 0hH3NRY wrote: »
    I'm so happy for this rework. I've stuck with Sith/Empire/Zylo from the beginning.

My question is, what happens to the omegas players used to max the new zeta'd abilities? We know tier 8 will get wiped out, so are those omegas gone to waste now? And we have to pay 13 more omegas on an ability we already have spent 5 on?

Wow... read the descriptions again. There are no new zetas for abilities that already had omegas.
  • @CG_Kozispoon

can you confirm or deny whether these two reworks are what was referenced in the last “what’s ahead” hint?

Thank you.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Really do you still need confirmation after a direct quote from a conversation between Palpatine and Anakin in ep.III followed by the rework of both Darth Vader and Emperor? O_o
  • 0hH3NRY
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    0hH3NRY wrote: »
    I'm so happy for this rework. I've stuck with Sith/Empire/Zylo from the beginning.

My question is, what happens to the omegas players used to max the new zeta'd abilities? We know tier 8 will get wiped out, so are those omegas gone to waste now? And we have to pay 13 more omegas on an ability we already have spent 5 on?

Wow... read the descriptions again. There are no new zetas for abilities that already had omegas.

I was driving, and followed Kozi's original post to the YouTube videos, because why read when you can listen. A video brought up previously used ability mats. So I asked the question.
  • 0hH3NRY wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    0hH3NRY wrote: »

I was driving, and followed Kozi's original post to the YouTube videos, because why read when you can listen. A video brought up previously used ability mats. So I asked the question.

You didnt listen to The right video :blush:
  • Rebels for slaughter
    darth_negan_by_robert_shane-dawhy4s.jpg
  • I think they are still weak. If not why using GK in showcase video.. Does tank that empire/sith have is so bad so that they need help from LS to face meta team? hmm
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    I think they are still weak. If not why using GK in showcase video.. Does tank that empire/sith have is so bad so that they need help from LS to face meta team? hmm

or it means GK is too good :/
  • Unlocking palpatine 7* after these changes will be.....hmmm...hell?
  • twist wrote: »
    Unlocking palpatine 7* after these changes will be.....hmmm...hell?

Event bosses and other NPC's don't have the same kits that we get to play with. I can't see how changing what we get to play with will effect the events.
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    JKRevan wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    The only thing I'm not loving about these reworks is HOW HARD IT IS ( for me ) TO GET ZETAS.

For me its less about getting the zetas, as more "ok, I got 20, WHO THE HELL WILL I ZETA NOW?"

Yeah, that's the next problem, lol.

I am doing Vader UA first (already have his lead). Palpatine UA is probably next, followed by his lead, unless I am using Thrawn lead. Then Palp leader zeta will wait for a bit.
  • LnhIcBQ.jpg

I am ready
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • ewqewqc
    183 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I think they are still weak. If not why using GK in showcase video.. Does tank that empire/sith have is so bad so that they need help from LS to face meta team? hmm

they are not weak. both are pretty tank. to be honest, i dont think im gonna run a tank. just beefy team of Vader, Palp, Tarkin, Thrawn and DN.
    Kitten GK!
  • MaathFaselli_1
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    This is literally their 3rd rework! They got a rework with sith and empire (not 100% sure on empire) and now we get ANOTHER rework?!?! Ok Palp was a Jedi killer BEFORE the rework, now using Ezra and other jedi will be impossible. EA plz rework some Jedi!
  • Gk will still be top tank

Wish they made Vader taunt similar to Unmasked kylo ren

The only thing I see with this is shocking him and then using sith assassin or savage to knock him out after a turn or two
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    They never got a rework when Empire was reworked.
    Palp never got reworked both times, Vader only received a slight damage increase on his basic by 15% for the Sith rework. So he didn't really get a 'rework'.
  • peteyb22 wrote: »
    I wish they would add an ability to Vader that gives him 100% evasion chance against blasters because of one of my favorite scenes, the “we would be honored if you would join us” scene. Plus he’s just the best character, he should be super powerful. In fact while I’m at it, I wish they would add a “stun if already had ability block” on his basic. Now that would be an awesome rework.

Thrawn already has the stun if ability block thing already.
  • Have the early access players had a chance to test the new abilities against the current Jedi Rey teams? I’m not seeing how they’ll get a turn in as most non Jedi Rey teams face this issue. I haven’t had a chance to watch the videos because I’m working but if anyone has seen any evidence of them being even moderately effective I’d love to hear it.
  • Sooooo. When?
  • So excited. I was getting ready to drop a zeta when I got a link to mobile gamers video.
  • Excited for this I saved 40 zetas just in case. Both are going to uniques.
  • I'm gonna get a ton of hate for this, but thank you so much Devs for reworking the current Vader and Palpatine and not adding a "sith anakin" and a chancellor Palpatine! I mean, I understand why characters such as Luke and Han have variants, because they went through substantial changes (Luke: Farmboy to Commander, Han: Smuggler to Captain to Veteran). However, Vader never really went through a substantial change besides when he sacrificed himself to save Luke, and a "pre-suit anakin" is just JKA with a hood. He didn't even have a red lightsaber yet.

IMO I'm glad the devs did what they did

I agree. Its nice to have some existing characters be made more relevant rather than just throw more OP toons at us to farm/gear while a majority of our rosters are pushed further into irrelevancy as time goes on.

Only problem now is I got 3 zetas saved up and I really want to throw them on EP and Vader...but I'm a Jedi fanboy and kind of want to wait and see if JKA and maybe some other Jedi(s) get some reworks/zetas soon as well since JKA was also pictured on the teaser!
  • RacerDejak wrote: »

Your point is invalid.

The meta used to be triple cleanse... with GK as a member.

CLS completely destroyed the triple cleanse meta. What tank was primary used with him? GK

JTR unseated the CLS meta. What tank is currently used with JTR? GK

Nightsisters are the counter meta currently. Guess who's in the most popular NS teams. GK

If you're trying to say that they aren't good because they need GK... well then. They'll fit right in.
  • I’d say the top team for me would be Palpatine Lead, Vader, Thrawn, DN & GK.
  • hmm.. will it be enough to counter the JTRey groups? man i hope so :D it'll feel good to run DS again. Wampa gonna love dat fast Zzader :wink:
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Because GK is a boss of a tank. I've used him ever since I 1st unlocked him several months ago. He fit in perfectly with triple cleanse, Kenobi/zBaris and now with my NightSister team. That's 3 metas right there he was used for. Kenobi is just one of those toons that is just flat out great to have and fits almost anywhere. If you're looking for a tank to help hold defensively in arena...then GK fits that part perfectly. It doesnt mean Vader/Palp won't be good.

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I was thinking palpatine, Vader (or deathtrooper), thrawn, GK, and barris.

I love characters like Barris or chirrut who heal vs Rey.
  • Cool. Everyone and their moms already has EP and Vader at GX-11ish and 40-100 banked zeta mats.

It's going to be EP/Vader vs Vader/EP 24/7 all day everyday (like a month?) until a a bunch of new OP toons comes out immediately after. By then you will all have wasted all your banked gear and mats.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I hear you. I've gotta bad feeling about this...
    If you have both palps and Vader maxed... You can only benefit as will I. See you on the battlefield kid.....savvy