February speculation (MERGE)

Replies

• This dark side and unnatural nonsense from Palpatine's quote regarding his former master seems like we are due for more than just the recently official updates to the emperor and Vader. Granted these updates are great and all and I'm excited but if this is all we are getting for the dark side updates I'm a little disappointed. Sure 2 of the iconic Sith characters getting a little love was a big improvement one of which that was greatly needed, but if there are no other Sith coming to the game what can we expect to see in future updates?
  • Zapatine ZZader update dropped in another thread.
  • Ok,I’ll put it differently,the calendar is useless for 80% of the community so shall we make one that makes us happy too? People that have unlocked most legendary events and couldn’t get Jedi Rey have found excitement in nothing since TW release.

It's not about making you happy. It's a business, they want to make money, and holding back key information is a part of that.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    CG could we have some news? Since Jedi Rey nothing really happened. We should stop releasing Calendars if there is NO useful information on them.

Hiya,
    If there is significant community feedback that Event Calendars should no longer be posted on the forums as they do not contain everything upon their release, I'd be happy to suspend it.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • CG could we have some news? Since Jedi Rey nothing really happened. We should stop releasing Calendars if there is NO useful information on them.

Hiya,
    If there is significant community feedback that Event Calendars should no longer be posted on the forums as they do not contain everything upon their release, I'd be happy to suspend it.

I am willing to bet there is significant community feedback that you shouldn't snap at your customers. In this case, it was probably better to ignore it like you guys do most things we complain about.
  • Kozispoon
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG could we have some news? Since Jedi Rey nothing really happened. We should stop releasing Calendars if there is NO useful information on them.

Hiya,

I am willing to bet there is significant community feedback that you shouldn't snap at your customers. In this case, it was probably better to ignore it like you guys do most things we complain about.

No snapping here. :) Though I'm sorry that's your perception. I'm always open to adjust and omit where necessary. Everything I post is for the communities benefit, so if there is something that isn't contributing to that benefit, I'm down to nix it.
    200.gif
  • Simply stunning
  • Steve519
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Hiya,
    Wow, aren't you suppose to be a community manager? Isn't it your job a bit to listen to and help out the community that pays you and your co-workers? We are just tired of being treated like crap from a game developer that we personally support.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Hiya,

Thanks for putting what we all feel but in a nice way.

• Icebringer92
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018

Hiya,

The thing that I don’t get is why reply to this, when the same thing I said has been pointed out in so many threads? I’m really happy with Palpatine and Vader Reworks but what difference would have made, for example,setting their reworks on the calendar at the beginning of the month? Most of the community has them already so it’s not like we need to panic farm and it seems like way more exciting news to look at than dates for TW,isn’t it? :) I’m not saying we need EVERYTHING on the calendar but at least a hint on the calendar for release dates? That doesn’t mean we need to know what toons are coming or what toons we need.
  • Kozispoon

Hiya,

The thing that I don’t get is why reply to this, when the same thing I said has been pointed out in so many threads? I’m really happy with Palpatine and Vader Reworks but what difference would have made, for example,setting their reworks on the calendar at the beginning of the month? Most of the community has them already so it’s not like we need to panic farm and it seems like way more exciting news to look at than dates for TW,isn’t it? :) I’m not saying we need EVERYTHING on the calendar but at least a hint on the calendar for release dates? That doesn’t mean we need to know what toons are coming or what toons we need.

I reply to what I can.
    The community's response to omitting the event calendar because specific dates aren't readily available has been consistent enough it merits response and an honest discussion- at least to me. If its honestly causing more frustration than good in its current iteration I am open to experimenting with doing without for a month, if only to see if the community finds it preferable.
  • Honestly I see no scenario where CG can win here.

Partial calender = complaints

Remove calender = complaints

Full calender = temporary yay, until something happens that causes a delay (and it will happen) at which point there's an endless stream of complaints, snide comments and whinging that will never be forgotten and repeated for all future releases.

Pick your poison.
  • Parableman
    642 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It would be unfortunate to lose the dates of TW and TB just because a few impatient people claim that no information is better than some information. Whiners have a right to say what they want, but they don't speak for the player community. Give us whatever information you can give us, and give it to us whenever you can give it. If that means some stuff doesn't get announced until it's about to hit, then that's all you can do. But if you are able to tell us other stuff sooner, it might be of some benefit. Planning out when the next dark side TB will be is always useful. I'd be happy for any info with as much advance notice as you can give it, even if some stuff doesn't come until the previous month is about to end and more stuff doesn't come until the event is about to hit.
  • It’s simple. CG keeps the calendar as is. If you’re in the “something is better than nothing” camp, read it. If you’re in the “I wanna see everything or I’d rather see nothing” camp, don’t read it. Done and done.
    Go Pens!
  • Kozispoon
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Honestly I see no scenario where CG can win here.

Full calender = temporary yay, until something happens that causes a delay (and it will happen) at which point there's an endless stream of complaints, snide comments and whinging that will never be forgotten and repeated for all future releases.

Pick your poison.

I choose the iocane powder!
    Fair point, but it stands to reason there will always be a vocal minority who will not be happy. The best we can do is find a happy median.
    But far be it from me not to explore all avenues. I'll follow up with production with this third ask to include a full listing of calendar events going forward. I hope to return in a month or two with further info.
  • I just want a state of the galaxy...where are we headed? Give us whatever info you can about the long term plan.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member

Hiya,

@CG_Kozispoon I think the complaint is not including things like the Palp and Vader Rework release date on the calendar. Even if it’s as vague as “Sith Rework Go Live Date - 2/8/18” that would be much appreciated. Supposedly there is another even dropping around the 21st. It’s things like these that we want on the event calendar. Purposefully leaving things like that off is frustrating because we don’t know if we’re getting new content or if it’s more of the same this month.
  • Notnukin
    83 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Explore all avenues? Interesting...can we move bugs and technical problems back to where they have visibility? Here on the main forums? Waiting for ban in 3...2...1
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I’ll add, we all know there is a possible delay. Just let us know what’s coming this month and approximately when. I think there’s more backlash when we have to panic farm vs a few days delay on new content to get it just right.
  • Notnukin
    83 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Deleted the parts you could not control well played. That is the exact reason some people should not have been promoted.
  • Small minority
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    I’ll add, we all know there is a possible delay. Just let us know what’s coming this month and approximately when. I think there’s more backlash when we have to panic farm vs a few days delay on new content to get it just right.

This is probably due to the whole 'August' thing, they gave us a heads up of when they're aiming to release certain content and then they ran into problems delaying it, which lead to 'August' being a joke aimed at saying they don't release content on time.
    If they don't tell us when the content is supposed to be due then there can't be any complaints on it not being on time since we have no idea, but now people complain we don't get more of a heads up...
  • I choose the iocane powder!

Deadpool much!

Oooo, look at all that snowy white stuff on those mountains!!!
  • Atlas1 wrote: »

Hiya,

@CG_Kozispoon I think the complaint is not including things like the Palp and Vader Rework release date on the calendar. Even if it’s as vague as “Sith Rework Go Live Date - 2/8/18” that would be much appreciated. Supposedly there is another even dropping around the 21st. It’s things like these that we want on the event calendar. Purposefully leaving things like that off is frustrating because we don’t know if we’re getting new content or if it’s more of the same this month.
    ^ Exactly.

And also for new content there might be delays on the established dates set on Calendars but it’s pretty obvious that some toons need more testing so people whining about that, don’t know how much work and preparation is needed for every new thing to be developed in the game.. I don’t believe it undermines any marketing campaign or could cause whales not to invest since we would only have dates.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »

Pick your poison.

Fair point, but it stands to reason there will always be a vocal minority who will not be happy. The best we can do is find a happy median.
    But far be it from me not to explore all avenues. I'll follow up with production with this third ask to include a full listing of calendar events going forward. I hope to return in a month or two with further info.

Thank you for the work that you do.

Perhaps a good place to be would just to be put blackout areas on the calendar with a tag like "future content". Keeps us in the loop that something is happening, even if we aren't sure what it is, rather than updates being dropped on us from nowhere. For me personally, it would be much more interesting, and give just enough information to be look forward to certain dates.

I realize this won't make everyone happy, but really, nothing will.
  • I don't think the calendar of events should change at all. It leaves the door for speculation open, and let's be honest, the best thread on the forums all January was the one looking for February's events.

It gives us a taste of what is to come, and we can all see the "dead spots" and speculate on what might fill the voids.

• Hoenur
    28 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Pick your poison.

Maybe it would be useful to tell, which is the planned date like “eta for sith rework is the 9th unless we encounter hickups“ or something like that, but as mentioned before this will lead to people complaining about it being late...
    There is no chance of everyone being happy...
    Or do it like in December, just dates no info, so we know that something is going to happen there, i actually liked that.
  • Psilosin wrote: »
    30 Helens agree that R5D4 should be the next release

I believe R4-P17 before R5D4 but yes I agree
  • CG could we have some news? Since Jedi Rey nothing really happened. We should stop releasing Calendars if there is NO useful information on them.

Hiya,

Please keep it. There's always going to be people who complain about something, but the overwhelming majority is either neutral or likes the calendar as is--we just don't feel the need to post about it all the time.

I like knowing what assault and omega battles are coming down the line, I like knowing the exact start dates of territory war/battles so I don't have to project and count it up myself. I like knowing which legendary event folks will be talking about, and since those don't show up in my event feed (unless there's a Mythic, and not all of them have that yet) it's the only way of knowing. I don't care what the login character for the month is, but it's nice to have it up there all the same.

I even like the blank spots. We know you guys aren't going to go more than a day or so without something happening, so I simply assume there'll be a heist or marquee or other special surprise. I like surprises. Keeps things interesting.

Anyway... (And I know you know this, this is for the benefit of other folks still reading this) There will always be complaints. Just look at the people still complaining that Revan isn't in the game or that clone troopers don't have helmets. People complain when they get free stuff because they didn't get enough free stuff. (Not talking about the Holdo/Rose bug) Ignore them and their sad lives.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I don't think the calendar of events should change at all. It leaves the door for speculation open, and let's be honest, the best thread on the forums all January was the one looking for February's events.

It gives us a taste of what is to come, and we can all see the "dead spots" and speculate on what might fill the voids.

Wait,it’s a misunderstanding! Nobody wants a full Calendar. We just want release dates on it,that doesn’t mean you can’t speculate on what is to come but at least we get a time frame for new stuff, even if there might be delays.