Level 62 player struggling to complete GW -- could use some help

Fjreisat
57 posts Member
edited February 2018
https://swgoh.gg/u/fjreisat/

So, do I just have to get a Phoenix Team to start completing GW before level 85? That seems to be what the advice usually is from the other threads that I've been reading in this forum.

I really want to get some other characters that I actually like before I spend any more resources on Phoenix, but if this is the only option to clearing GW before level 85 then I'll grudgingly go back to farming them.

I was trying to work on building up a second and third team for GW since I really only have my arena team at the moment (which isn't even that good), but I'm starting to think it'll just be easier to farm Phoenix because I'm getting really annoyed with being stuck on Node 6 in Galactic War. I don't really like Phoenix, but I also don't want to spend a ton of time building up another 10-12 characters.

Thank you.

Replies

• You are starting to run into modded characters you could start by farming more mods you only have 4 mods with speed secondaries
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah I just haven't been getting very lucky with mod drops. I sim'd a bunch of Tier 3 Health Mod challenges, and didn't get a whole lot out of it. I didn't think it would be a wise use of Cantina Energy to just go ham on farming mods, hoping for speed ones. Not when I have so much character farming to do still.
  • Phoenix is absolutely not the only way. I lucked out with a Barris bronzium pull early and Barris, JC, luminara, farmboy, and mace took me through to around 70 np. By that point I had other teams.
  • @Fjreisat

I would honestly say go ham on mods for a couple weeks If nothing else it will help to have good solid sets for your arena team that you can switch over when you change things up. The only exception would be if you were farming up something specific for an event.

Mods are the key to the game at this point and especially speed, farm them early and often. I alternate 1 week of mod farming and 2 weeks of character farming

• Blizzisme wrote: »
    Phoenix is absolutely not the only way. I lucked out with a Barris bronzium pull early and Barris, JC, luminara, farmboy, and mace took me through to around 70 np. By that point I had other teams.

I don't have Barriss unlocked, but I have started collecting shards for her recently (20/80) in the hopes of using her in GW.
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    @Fjreisat

I would honestly say go ham on mods for a couple weeks If nothing else it will help to have good solid sets for your arena team that you can switch over when you change things up. The only exception would be if you were farming up something specific for an event.

Mods are the key to the game at this point and especially speed, farm them early and often. I alternate 1 week of mod farming and 2 weeks of character farming

I will consider this. Thanks for the advice.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Phoenix aren't needed but they are an easy mode for gw and they hold the keys to a **** decent second team as they can do the necessary for both thrawn and palpatine.

Thrawn Palpatine Vader tfp and tarkin (tfp and tarkin are people you might gear and farm for ships) are a good backup.

That said 2 or 3 synergistic teams makes gw a joke or any team with a lot of healing potential.
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    Phoenix aren't needed but they are an easy mode for gw and they hold the keys to a **** decent second team as they can do the necessary for both thrawn and palpatine.

Thrawn Palpatine Vader tfp and tarkin (tfp and tarkin are people you might gear and farm for ships) are a good backup.

That said 2 or 3 synergistic teams makes gw a joke or any team with a lot of healing potential.

Yeah I've decided to just farm Phoenix, and that Empire team you mention is almost the exact team I'm trying to build up as my secondary, except I don't have Thrawn, so Palp will be leading and I'm going to include Maul.
    Post edited by Fjreisat on