Adaptive F2P Guide 2.0

Replies

• Options
    Azeotrope wrote: »
    Those extra achievement shards would help. So do you know the drop rate of Vader shards in fleet?

Right now I am 40/85 on Vader

Because of a DS centric month I would assume R2 won't be coming into the game before end of month. That gives you 4 weeks of time (bonus week of event) in worst case scenario. I would assume that a month is enough time to get him to 7* if you complete achievements. If you still feel insecure, then farm Snowtropper from guil store and his hard node. Investing in him now won't be a waste since he will be needed for DS TB. If push come to showe you can panic farm him from cantina node for a week or two if event is announced.
    Carn wrote: »
    Is it recommendend to farm sabine at hard node everyday? If you go with phoenix? Or is it just a waste?

She is needed as a pilot, but only unlocked. I wouldn't invest in her more, because we have more important things to farm.
    Is it still necessary to get 7* Luke first from the Guild Store? If that is still true and if both Sun Fac and FOSFTP are only for challenges and not useful mid to late game maybe it would be more efficient to just do Sun Fac.
    I posed a question about it and will wait for opinions. Farming OB to 7* might be more beneficial early on, but you need him and Luke to be both at 5* (at least) before 60lvl. Farming Sun Fac might be useless in essence after FOSFTP was added, but I need more info on guild store before I make final judgement.
  • IIFunkymonkey
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    - Hard nodes: Jedi Consular (7*), First Order Stormtrooper (7*), Hoth Rebel Soldier (7*), Chewbacca (5*)
    Consular is a must for fleet so best to get him running before 60lvl. Chewbacca can wait – you need him for Credit Heist only. Additionally you can support your progress farming Rey, Boba, Ahsoka or Biggs. Farm FOST and HRS since they can only be aquired from hard nodes (or bronziums).

Hey there! Right now I'm Level 46 and I geared my phoenix squad to their highest gear rank possible for me at this time. Now i got alot of normal energy left, what should i do with it?! Hoard upgrade materials for gear when i need it at a later point in time or should i farm hard nodes for...i don't know, maybe one of the characters quoted above?! I'm also asking this for my second account, so don't look at my arena rank, this account is nearly 2 years old a almost never played in the past years :pensive:

Whoa, i forgot, thanks for the very good guide and the big amount of time you put in all of this (:
  • Options
    by the time I hit 60, I did not have ashoka so farming her earlier would be useful. JC is a big part of your fleet as well so you can farm a couple of each per day. You can also check swgoh for upgrade mats and grab some of them because especially g6-g7 every phoenix needs the same stuff. Can't hurt to hoard a bit there.

• Options
    Carn wrote: »
    Is it recommendend to farm sabine at hard node everyday? If you go with phoenix? Or is it just a waste?

I went pheonix and never unlocked sabine. It seems that it helped people originally in the fleet arena to have her ship but I never got her and her ship. I have been happy without putting the resources to her but using it to get my followup arena team ready and also focus on my fleet described in this guide. I am now currently getting into top 10 with both arenas at level 77.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Naraic @ManuG @Azeotrope @BiigsBob @Kai_Mulai @T4NM4N26 and many others contributing to this thread, I want to ask your opinion on 3 things:
    1. I updated guide a few times - please reread it and see if it's better or worse?
    2. What would you add or substract from current iteration on this guide?
    3. On last page I posted an extensive question about KRU and FOSFTP, adding my opinion and pros/cons of it. I would appreciate your feedback before I make a change to this guide.
    Any input is appreciated :)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Naraic @ManuG @Azeotrope @BiigsBob @Kai_Mulai @T4NM4N26 and many others contributing to this thread, I want to ask your opinion on 3 things:
    1. I updated guide a few times - please reread it and see if it's better or worse?
    3. On last page I posted an extensive question about KRU and FOSFTP, adding my opinion and pros/cons of it. I would appreciate your feedback before I make a change to this guide.

Just on my own background I had to double down on phoenix (gear ix and x as I had minimal omegas) to get Thrawn so I am still using Phoenix in arena at level 79. I can take 2nd in my shard most of the time unless I get unlucky with my climb.

With the Vader and Palpatine rework I'm actually considering a mid game empire team. I've farmed a rebel replacement team but I haven't geared them too high yet I'm not sure which way to go.

I could go with Thrawn Palpatine Vader Storm Trooper and either tfp or tarkin or some combination of Ezra Leia raid Han sth Wiggs.

I haven't used either new ship yet. The fosftp pilot and ship are appearing in my guild store 50% of the time each. Guild shop is too valuable for gear atm for me to start a new farm.

I presume I will go for krum soon(just going to finish 7 star tfp, the double drops appeals to me and I was relying on one of slave1 or tie advanced or scimitar appearing more regularly in shop for challenges so I need another dark side ship soon.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    A lot of this is going to be personal preference and idiosyncracy, but here are my thoughts:
    In cantina battles, I’d suggest farming Hera to 5* before farming Ezra. I stopped farming Ezra for a bit after he was 5* to get Hera up to the same star level for 3rd tier health mod challenge.

Also, when I started I never had any idea about just how time consuming and resource consuming mod farming is. I’d include a suggestion for what proportion of cantina energy to spend on mods and what proportion to spend on character shards.

I don’t see farming Ahsoka as necessary. Yes, her ship has the dispell ability, but otherwise it doesn’t seem that impressive. And Ahsoka as a character isn’t needed for anything except unlocking Yoda and defense mods, which any Jedi can do.

I’d also put Stormtrooper ahead of Fives and Hoth Rebel Scout in farming order. He’s the easiest Empire taunting tank to get, since Royal Guard is only in hard nodes.

When farming Biggs, I’d take him to 7* right away. Not only does that help his ship tremendously, but it gets him ready to be part of a Wiggs arena team.

If someone was starting now and got in a decent guild, I’d recommend they farm First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot and his ship from the guild store. They seem to be showing up more regularly than the random mix of others and having both would give a head start for fleet.

Farming Sabine from hard nodes is also something I’d recommend, since she’s needed for Phantom II and that ship and the Ghost have good synergy together and will most likely be the most powerful for someone starting with Phoenix.

Kylo Unmasked and his TIE Silencer are tricky to place when to farm. With a Phoenix start, they don’t really come into play until fleet opens up, and by that time, there are so many characters to farm in cantina, it can get overwhelming. One way to handle that issue would be to give a choice between a Phoenix start and a First Order start. If someone chose a First Order start, they’s go for Kylo Unmasked as soon as they could. With a Phoenix start, there are more important characters to farm until after Wedge. So farming Kylo Unmasked and TIE silencer would be after Wedge when players need more dark side ships.

The most important and disruptive aspect of the game, from my perspective, is the event schedule. Since the legendary characters mostly come with events, and those events are often hidden until they’re about to start, preparing for them should generally be one of the primary goals for new players. You included a list of events and requirements for each, but I would highlight the generally most important ones and recommended progression toward Commander Luke or Jedi Training Rey.

I’m currently level 74 and have been following your guide for the most part, which has helped a lot toward clearing galactic wars every day, getting Thrawn (although only at 6* since he came earlier than expected), and working my way up to a top 20 rank in arena and fleet arena. It’s one of the best and most detailed guides I’ve seen. Thank you both for writing it and for keeping it updated!
  • BiigsBob
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Nice work wawrzon. Really great effort you put there. And I thank you always.

Think I am getting into mid- end game, and here are some I've learned. (that I wish I knew from the start)

1. Being F2P one should really focus on saving resources FROM THE START

2. Best to invest from the START for END GAME toons/fleet.

End game squad being..

1) CLS/JRT/NS. etc.

- Titan: wonderful. very versatile. And plug and play. Basic TITAN being CLS/Thrawn/Han SOLO/R2/GK. (R2 and Thrawn. We will have fastest 7* on both R2&Thrawn folllowing this guide)

- Double Ben JRT: very long farm. Hardcore end squad.(Vet. chweeie.han. Strong on defense.). You will have R2 easily. But getting FO team ready will make you slower than building Titan.

- NS: Strong. Got easier to farm.

2) Best bet on this wonderful guide would be fast Thrawn/EP-> r2 -> CLS. building TITAN. (Resource saving on
    building empire squad for r2)

3. Never use any resources on ANY toons/fleet/gear you won't use.

4. Anybody could climb up on offense with any mediocre squad to the top
    . (Can defeat anyone except faster users who got End game squad ready with good mods/zeta)

5. Phoenix can defeat any mid-game squad even after lv80. (except again, against end game squad)

- I think Transitioning to OP squad is much more important.

- And carefully I suggest to focus on Phoenix squad instead of other team, and preparing for end game toons maybe more resource saving. (At my shard with ppl lv 82+ many Phoenix sqauds are getting top 5 at payout top 10. Not no.1 though. He is CLS Chaze Thrawn whale)

- But ONE should focus on essential toons for legendary event.

- Then, SThan investment *7 is very good since it's needsd for CLS.

- Lando is not needed for legendary event but it's very cheap investment on gear till 11. and very good against NS with aoe.

- boba is very good plug and play toon. and excellent fleet.

- CREDIT HEIST: Lando, Boba, SThan is enough. (gear 8-9) DONT invest on ig88 or any.

You DONT NEED five *5 for any tier. Just prepare above toons and chepest scoundrel you can get. I used free chewie(wish i didnt invest at all since you get it free, and chepest Mob enforcer with 2*) final tier possible.

For fleet. I am not so sure about preparing Chimaera at mid game. (Its so long farm. It maybe Final Final end game contents imo)

End game fleet squad will be mostly empire, and I suggest prepare for that. We will need empire FO Scoundrel anyway.

And because ZETA importance, we should focus on zeta challenge FAST.

Because of the problems, I am not sure about Chaze, Chirutt takes fleet shipment, but one should focus on fleet.

Then, here comes the problem about ackbar. I carefully suggest Tarkin. (You can defeat anybody with any decent fleets) Ackbar is rebel and we have Phoenix for EP. Tarkin is need for r2d2.

So below will look like semi TL fleet squad.

Tarkin. Ghost, Phantom, TFP(for R2), FOTFP(for bb8), Slave(credit heist. good p&p. cheap), Tie adv. (for r2) Biigs.

- optional: wedge. fives(TL), scimitar. (i wish i didnt invest in sunfac. there is no place for him on empire based fleet i think)

ashoka I dont know. you will have fives, Tie advanced's dispel. and it doesnt quite fit on tarkin/thrawn fleets.

- Think JC can be out too. Def. mod challenge can wait imho. (too much credits and maybe crystal refreshes needed. i suggest health mods and then to speed)

Post edited by BiigsBob on
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    In my arena shard, top 10 is 5 Wiggs variants, 3 Phoenix, 2 Nihilus-led Sith teams. I’m still running Phoenix myself and am going to try to transition from them to an Empire team after I get and gear up Emperor Palpatine and a few others. One of the ways I departed from the guide is that I don’t have Lando or Wedge from cantina farming. Instead, after Phoenix characters, I focused on mods, and now I’m farming TIE Fighter Pilot for fleet and an Empire squad.
  • BiigsBob
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kai_Mulai's quote:

The most important and disruptive aspect of the game, from my perspective, is the event schedule. Since the legendary characters mostly come with events, and those events are often hidden until they’re about to start, preparing for them should generally be one of the primary goals for new players. You included a list of events and requirements for each, but I would highlight the generally most important ones and recommended progression toward Commander Luke or Jedi Training Rey.

===============================

I totally agree here. Focusing CLS/JRT is core goal of this game with Zeta/Mods farming.

You mentioned Phoenix/FO team to start. Some other starting suggestion is Classic rebel with early cls hero's journy characters.

Think it all comes down to when and what legendary schedule be ready on time.

- any squad can defeat anybody. It all comes down to mods/zeta.

- Focusing and saving resources is key to being f2p. (goal is to get legendary.) for f2p players swgoh is resource management game, minimum investment to get maximum rewards. Phoenix is good in this criteria.

- Bare this in mind, one might have second thought about Rex.
    - If ones shards are full of whales with crit everywhere, Rex maybe good choice to even barely stay competitive. But if your phoenix stand strong, maybe preparing for cls/jrt directly will be better choice.
    - Rex may have great use if DS update come up since this squad is great in plug and play. But if one can accomplish fast cls/jrt, its use and versatility may not be that super.

- Phoenix is strong. Not sure mid transitions are needed. Phoenix can defeat rex/wiggs, NS, rebels and almost every teams on offense. Only downside imo is, the squad is fixed and can't adopt when difficult time comes. (but the problem will be one's mods and shard situation)

- Classic rebels are strong too. It all depends on resource saving/legendaey schedules.

(Phoenix/classic rebel/ns/chaze etc are all good. till cls/jrt )

- squad arena is always like rock scissors and paper.

- your squad building and success may vary according to ones shard situation.

- mods guide (when and how much stats needed etc) with samples of battle strategy will be great help for may ppl enjoying this guide.

- fleet arena is not likely so. Fast building end game fleets needed.(currently i think empire -> and finally chimaera)

- maybe "Theory of everything" on swgoh will come up someday regarding schedules, effectiveness on investment, arena strategy and many starting squads options. (ppl can choose according to ones starting schedules and situations)
    - You are really close wawrzon. Grand applause.

- what a great game this swgoh is.
    Post edited by BiigsBob on
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    @Kai_Mulai interesting that there are so few few phoenix still there. As I said I'm level 79 but most of the top 20 in my shard still run Phoenix. I guess we were all at the same point when thrawn came around and pushed every bit of gear in.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    @Kai_Mulai interesting that there are so few few phoenix still there. As I said I'm level 79 but most of the top 20 in my shard still run Phoenix. I guess we were all at the same point when thrawn came around and pushed every bit of gear in.

Top 50 is 28 Phoenix, 14 Wiggs, 5 Sith, and 3 other. So there are still a lot of Phoenix teams. They just vary a bit on rank. Only 3 players in my shard got Thrawn at 7*. Most of us got him at 5 or 6 stars. If he was a couple weeks later, I could have gotten him at 7 stars (probably could do it now). But not then.
  • BiigsBob
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    In my arena shard, top 10 is 5 Wiggs variants, 3 Phoenix, 2 Nihilus-led Sith teams. I’m still running Phoenix myself and am going to try to transition from them to an Empire team after I get and gear up Emperor Palpatine and a few others. One of the ways I departed from the guide is that I don’t have Lando or Wedge from cantina farming. Instead, after Phoenix characters, I focused on mods, and now I’m farming TIE Fighter Pilot for fleet and an Empire squad.

My shards. top 20.

1 crazily fast whale CLS/Chaze full zeta gear 12.

1 jrt.

5-6 phoenix

3-4 wiggs variant. (theres one I admire greatly)

4-5 NS. (stealthed acolyte being hard for aoeless squads)

NO DS team.

I just started Rex Gk wiiggs r2 squad today. (Think i am one of the first to get gk open.)

Phoenix is punishing on me defense. (but one can always win on offense vice versa)

Think everyone is punishing me atm. I may have chances against aoe/debuffing team. But atm there are none.

Top 5 sometime no.2 is not that difficult even without refreshes. (if i can play at payout of course. thinking of moving to other timezone).

- All comes down to shard situation/ legendary schedules/ mods / zeta.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options

Just wow, one day away and I have a lot of comments to read haha

First of all, thanks so much @wawrzon for this incredible guide.

Secondly, today I'm level 60 and have reached one month playing this game and here are some thoughts about the game and the guide according to my first month experience:

1. I agree with many of you and also with the guide, Phoenix are the best starter squad for a f2p. They just have many advantages or at least is what I think: They got me in rank #1-20 without any problems daily, I got Thrawn 5* easily in the second week and my galactic wars are autoed 100% of the times without losing any member or even the protection bar!

2. As @Naraic has mentioned, with the rework of Vader/EP, I'm also considering to change my phoenix arena squad to an Empire squad like EP (L), Vader, Thrawn, FTP, Tarkin and see how it works against NS/Nix squads which are the 95% of my arena shard, the 5% left is classic rebel squads with Wiggs and so which surprinsingly are in the top 10 (whales).

3. I can't talk too much about ships because I just unlocked them and I have only 5 ones plus the 3 commander ships. I think I have said this in another thread but here it is again: if you have followed the phoenix route, you are supposed to start with a fleet squad like: Tarkin fleet (L), Spirit + Ghost II + 3 more ships which I think they should be: Biggs ship + TFP ship + Vader/Boba ship.

The reasons of those five starter ships are the following ones:

- Tarkin leader ship because he is the second best ship commander before Thrawn ship plus you may use Tarkin for R2 event.
    - Ghost II + Spirit don't need an explication I think, they will be your best ships at the beginning if you have followed the phoenix route.
    - Biggs ship because you will eventually use Wiggs in arena and Biggs ship is considered one of the best ships in the game.
    - TFP ship because it is also one of the best ship in the game, it is dark side and you will use TFP in your empire team for R2.
    - Vader/Boba ships, these ones are the hardest to get (80 shards) but I think they are worth it because of the dark side (Challenges) and because they are heroes you will want to have well-geared eventually. Boba for the credit heist event and Vader who have been reworked for R2 event.

4. Questions about crystals spending? The answer is refresh, refresh and refresh! Don't waste your valuable crystals from squad arena or fleet arena in random packs.

Regarding the farming schedules I will write only what I think it should be changed:

1. Cantina: Hera and Ezra 5* then: push them to 6-7* if Thrawn event is near. If Thrawn event is not near, I would recommend to let Hera and Ezra 5* and spend 1-2 weeks farming 5* health mods. They were the key for my Thrawn 5* and to maintain my rank in arena. After farming the 5* mods, I would say you have two options: farm Lando 4* for credit heist event ONLY if you are doing well in arena, if not push Hera/Ezra to 7*. After this, Lando to 5*, TFP 4-5* for fleet arena, push him a bit more if R2 event is near. Finally at level 69, go for Wedge.

2. Cantina store: Chopper 7*, Boba 7*, Stormtrooper 5-7* (very useful and can replace RG in R2 event), then choose between Ashoka/Fives/HRS/Poe.

3. Squad Arena store: Kannan 7*, STH 3-4* (just for credit event if you already have OB/Baze as rebel tank) if not, push him to 7*, Tarkin 5-7* (fleet commander plus R2 event), Leia 7* (a killing machine) then choose whatever you want.

4. GW store: I agree with all except with the idea of farming Zeb 5* then change to Biggs 4*. Zeb 7* straight away, he will be your fastest hero to farm to 7* plus the sooner you get him 7* the sooner you can participate in heroic raids. If you change to Biggs you are just wasting time and believe me, I had Zeb 7* in level 56, you can have Biggs 4* before 60ish level without any change.

5. Hard nodes: Honestly I think this is a personal choice, I have farmed first Sabine 2* just to unlock Ghost II and then I started to farm Boba from this place since I'm already farming Chopper to 7* from cantina store.

6. Guild event store: Cannot say that much, I think it's a good boost for your phoenix farming if you haven't max starred them yet (For instance, Ezra/Hera who share farming place, you have Ezra 7* but Hera is 50/100). If you already have them 7*, I would say classic rebels like Wedge/Leia/STH or ships (I don't know if you can find ships in this store sorry).

I don't know what more to say or add right now. This is just my opinion from a month playing (it's better to say grinding xD) this amazing game following your guide. The best advice I can give to a newbie is to make sure your long term goals, keep focused on them and make the grind of heroes/gear according to the upcoming events. Once again, thanks a lot for all the information this guide provides @wawrzon

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If anybody else wants to chip in pls do so, it's great to get feedback.

I would like to thank those that did invest the time to answer, hope for more. I will probably update this guide in 1-2 days after getting more input. Some of these things were in my head, but a lot is new for me, so it's great to hear it from someone else.
    Thx.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    By the way one thing,

Jedi Consular, royal guard Snow Trooper and ewoks scout seem to the most common drops from bronzium. Of these Jedi Consular is actually useful in fleet. I only occasionally do his hard nodes but I have 6 star jc as one my replacements in fleet arena. Also his ship is one of the more commonnones to come up in galactic war shop.
  • Options
    I followed the guide as closely as I could, and it was tremendously helpful. It's helped me get into a guild way above where I think I should be, and helped me stay in top20 since the beginning. With that said, here's the things I wish I had not done, or done differently:

- Asohka - wish I never got her to 5*. She's not great on fleet, and I unlocked mods in the mod store, but can't afford to buy mods any time soon so that is a wasted benefit. I wish I had farmed Fives in her place, as he's an end game fleet ship that I'm now not sure where I can fit him in.
    - Once you get Zeb and Biggs to 7* from the GW store, ship shards are the best thing for your currency, and Five's ship pops up in there from time to time. That would have made leveling his ship so easy, but I don't have him leveled to go with it.
    - I'm happy I leveled Lando, but wish I didn't take IG-88 to 5*, and instead focused on taking StHan directly to 7*. I think I'd have needed a 5* IG-88 eventually, but you can't even unlock the last tier of credit heist until 80+ (currently level 76).
    - With the new power level of EP/Vader, I think that abandoning the Wiggs team all together is the way to go. I'd rather get Phoenix to g8/9 and Ezra to g10 while focusing on farming an Empire team over farming Wedge. By abandoning Wedge early, it also lets you dump that cantina energy into TFP, which helps the R2 grind, and buffs your fleet earlier.
    - I also would have just gone harder on Tarkin and ignored Ackbar. Now I have Ackbar pretty well leveled but need Tarkin for empire, and would have had him almost 7* had I gone that route from the beginning. That said, I think that 2 months ago when I started, it was correct to go Ackbar. If I were to start over and stay Ackbar, I'd aim for this as my fleet: Biggs, Tie Advanced, Ghost, Umbaran, FOTF, Scimitar, JC, Slave 1. I'd ignore Phantom and Sabine all together.

I'll also second that an emphasis on mods should be made. Explain that spending ANY credits on mods before you have 5dot health mods is a waste, and emphasize how important having a speed arrow for your entire team (aside from maybe Kanan) is. If I had spent more time on mods than I did Lando, I'd easily be top 5-10 rather than top 10-15, which would have made a huge difference for a month straight. I was a total beginner, not a reroll, and I truly undervalued how important mods were.
  • Options
    whitemeat wrote: »
    - With the new power level of EP/Vader, I think that abandoning the Wiggs team all together is the way to go. I'd rather get Phoenix to g8/9 and Ezra to g10 while focusing on farming an Empire team over farming Wedge. By abandoning Wedge early, it also lets you dump that cantina energy into TFP, which helps the R2 grind, and buffs your fleet earlier.
    - I also would have just gone harder on Tarkin and ignored Ackbar.

Great post, thank you. I'm thinking about doing this too instead of transitioning from Phoenix to Rex (L), STH, Boba, Wiggs, although it is a bummer how much I've spent on Rex already. On the other hand I'm only 65 and haven't started on Wedge yet.

Which Empire team do people recommend if you take this new approach? Would Vader, EP, Tarkin, TFP, be good, maybe with STH? It would be relatively easy to switch to that from Phoenix during mid game, although Vader would be low stars for a while and you'd have to rush Hera this week if she's not 7 stars yet.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    - I also would have just gone harder on Tarkin and ignored Ackbar.

Great post, thank you. I'm thinking about doing this too instead of transitioning from Phoenix to Rex (L), STH, Boba, Wiggs, although it is a bummer how much I've spent on Rex already. On the other hand I'm only 65 and haven't started on Wedge yet.

Which Empire team do people recommend if you take this new approach? Would Vader, EP, Tarkin, TFP, be good, maybe with STH? It would be relatively easy to switch to that from Phoenix during mid game, although Vader would be low stars for a while and you'd have to rush Hera this week if she's not 7 stars yet.

I thinking definitely an option. Im looking at switching to a thrawn Palpatine Vader tfp stormtrooper team. Its value though is highly situational and dependent on you having picked up the empire characters at the time you want to switch.
  • Options
    Not sure if switching from Phoenix arena squad to an empire squad instead of Wiggs team is totally worth it. Has anyone try them out? I'm talking from a mid-arena level 60+.

From my position, my arena shard is 45% phoenix 6-7* and 45% Nightsisters with a 10% of random squads. I don't know how a team like Thrawn or EP lead + Vader +TFP + Tarkin would do against Nix/NS considering that the empire team wouldn't be 7*.
  • Options
    ManuG wrote: »
    Not sure if switching from Phoenix arena squad to an empire squad instead of Wiggs team is totally worth it. Has anyone try them out? I'm talking from a mid-arena level 60+.

From my position, my arena shard is 45% phoenix 6-7* and 45% Nightsisters with a 10% of random squads. I don't know how a team like Thrawn or EP lead + Vader +TFP + Tarkin would do against Nix/NS considering that the empire team wouldn't be 7*.

I wouldn't consider 60+ mid-arena level personally. I just hit lvl76, allowing me to Omega my Phoenix. I'd contend that I've just NOW hit mid arena, as new abilities with attacks are entering the arena for the first time in a long time. I wouldn't recommend switching to Empire until you hit 7* on all of them, and can gear them properly. I'll likely not transition to Empire until almost lvl80, and will be using 6* Thrawn, 7* EP, Vader, Stormtrooper, TFP. I see a lot of people discussing Tarkin in this team as well, but I'm pretty confident that you need a tank for EP.

The best part is that 2 toons are unlocked via Phoneix, and the other 3 are all farmed from different shops (cantina, cantina shop, fleet arena [and regular arena if you do Tarkin]). Investing Zetas in Phoenix is a waste unless you're a whale, in which case you shouldn't be here. No real value in Zetas on a Wiggs team that I see, so moving to an Empire team sooner seems like it will allow you to leverage your first few zetas quicker than other routes as well (aside from other legendary toons you unlock along the way).

Another interesting note that I just discovered yesterday is the gear crunch of Phoenix, and how diversifying really helps that. I finally started gearing Darth Maul after unlocking him and Scimitar, and I was able to get him to g8 without having to use or craft any gear that's relevant for another toon. I've hit a brick wall on Phoenix, needing roughly 3 million stun guns, so having an easy gearing toon was refreshing and exciting.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

Can I just say first off, that the guide and indeed this thread have been great to read and I have taken a lot from them. That being said, I went after FO hard when I first started playing at the end of December, as I just enjoy the characters the most. Alongside that I went with Scoundrels, due to the advice here and in various videos.

I have just hit level 70. I now have my Scoundrels up to a level that I think will do all of Credit Heist (Bobba and Lando 7*, ST Han will be there in a couple of days) and my FO team has me on the 300 bubble in Arena (I know Phoenix would very likely have me higher, depending on how many whales in my shard) with Phasma at 7*.

I really am finding the amount of options available a bit mind-blowing though. Especially since Ships were introduced. Currently I am farming KRU in Cantina, and getting FOO shards from the store, Guild Store I am getting FOSFT ship shards and KR shards and Old Ben when they appear (not often it seems). SA store is STHan until tomorrow/next day and then I am not sure, maybe try and finish Tarkin who is at 5* right now. GW I finished Phasma so have changed to Biggs (at 4* currently). FA store I get Vadar and Bobba ship shards when they appear, then whatever is left I try to spread between ****'s ship, TF and FOTF, which has led to none of them getting very far! And GE store I have only just started getting tokens for (finally got in a great guild last week) and was aiming for Ezra and unlocking Ghost.

Normal missions I am farming FOST and and FOTP.

Phew!

So I am just wondering if this is a terrible path I am going down. I am having a lot of fun with the game, not spending money (spent on the KRU pack the week I started, that has been it, doesn't seem enough value in what they charge vs what you get but maybe that's just me) and am going OK in various modes it seems, 300 in Arena, 150 in Fleet (I was top 100 but am slowly losing ground, need Vadar and Bobba ships but only halfway to each!) But then I don't seem to be getting a team that is going to get me any of the elite toons, and I guess that kills me at somepoint soon? But then if I wholesale change now then my SA and SA will plummet and what few crystals I get (currently enough for two Cantina refreshes for KRU) will vanish.

Sorry for the wall of text, but any advice, given the guide etc? My roster is:

https://swgoh.gg/u/hermanbloom/collection/

Thanks guys. As said, have really enjoyed reading this thread. So many helpful people in this game!

• Options
    ManuG wrote: »

Didn't address this part, but Empire will destroy Phoenix and Nightsisters once you've leveled and geared them. The Vader/EP rework just crushed Phoenix, and they can AOE Nightsisters into oblivion. You can also fracture the zombie with Thrawn, and assuming it doesn't kill the zombie, you can easily mow down their team with basics before the zombie does anything relevant.

Also, don't confuse transitioning to Empire with throwing away Phoenix. They'll still exist, and you can move your arena mods to them if a situation arises where they're a better fit than Empire.
  • Options
    Guild Store I am getting FOSFT ship shards and KR shards and Old Ben when they appear (not often it seems).

I realize that the guide suggests this, but it's one of the few things I disagree with. Old Ben has an 8 energy cantina node. I don't believe you should be spending Guild currency on a long-term farm when they have an 8 energy node. I'd much rather see you spend that currency on starting to slow farm a toon like Darth Maul, who's an amazing pilot with real end game potential once zeta'd. Alternatively, just stockpile the currency. I farm VERY little gear now with regular energy, and instead just buy it all from the Guild Store. I just my energy for shard farming. I'm able to do this because I'm in a strong guild that nets me ~500 guild tokens a day, which nets me a Maul purchase or 5-10 pieces or purple gear a day.

I do think you've come too far to turn back, and you should certainly finish FO. From there, the world is yours in all honesty. If you want to be competitive in ships, moving to Empire for TFP, Tarkin and Vader ships is probably your best bet. Alternatively, you could start Phoenix for the legendary toons next go around (you'll be free'd up in every shop, so getting them all won't be too difficult, outside of the cantina energy crunch).

Too much emphasis has been placed on CLS by new players. He's the end game toon, but getting him before level 85, before zetas and g10+ saved for him, and before an R2 or other toons to work with, he's not going to be worth slowing down all the other progress.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    In my shard 22 November start I'm level 80 there's 5 people in the top 25 for the first time that I know of today running empire teams or Sith teams.

2 more who previously were holding in top 25 with Nihilus led Sith who have changed their team to include either one of Palpatine or Vader.

Also I fell to rank 25 for the first time between days. Usually I hold top 20 overnight.
  • Options
    Guild Store I am getting FOSFT ship shards and KR shards and Old Ben when they appear (not often it seems).

I realize that the guide suggests this, but it's one of the few things I disagree with. Old Ben has an 8 energy cantina node. I don't believe you should be spending Guild currency on a long-term farm when they have an 8 energy node. I'd much rather see you spend that currency on starting to slow farm a toon like Darth Maul, who's an amazing pilot with real end game potential once zeta'd. Alternatively, just stockpile the currency. I farm VERY little gear now with regular energy, and instead just buy it all from the Guild Store. I just my energy for shard farming. I'm able to do this because I'm in a strong guild that nets me ~500 guild tokens a day, which nets me a Maul purchase or 5-10 pieces or purple gear a day.

I do think you've come too far to turn back, and you should certainly finish FO. From there, the world is yours in all honesty. If you want to be competitive in ships, moving to Empire for TFP, Tarkin and Vader ships is probably your best bet. Alternatively, you could start Phoenix for the legendary toons next go around (you'll be free'd up in every shop, so getting them all won't be too difficult, outside of the cantina energy crunch).

Too much emphasis has been placed on CLS by new players. He's the end game toon, but getting him before level 85, before zetas and g10+ saved for him, and before an R2 or other toons to work with, he's not going to be worth slowing down all the other progress.

Point of farming OB early on is quite simple - he is a Rebel and a Jedi which can be used in different challenges as well as arena - he is very good there if you don't want to farm STH. He has end game viability in any arena team as a tank (JTR, Wiggs, CLS). Also - at early levels there is not much good units to be farmed, so he is up there at the top. Lastly - Luke and OB are needed for CLS event and both have Cantina node. Using 2 refreshes daily you get 400 energy, so 17 shards a day - farming 1->5* takes over 8 days, 5->7* takes 11 days. Legendary event schedule is unknown, but I wouldn't expect more than a week notice before it drops. All in all you certainly won't be able to farm both of these characters from cantina nodes, unless you panic farm and overspend energy on 200 refreshes. From my personal experience and perspective it's best to get one of them early on, so you have much less work to do later. I can also argue that spending cantina energy on exclusive units and mods (in mid game) is a better option. However it all depends on your commitment and playing style. This guide is more about taking the most effective route for casual and hardcore f2p players. So there is no wrong way of doing it.
  • Options
    @wawrzon Hey mate, i have been following your guide since i returned back to the game 2 months ago, and i'm right now i feel that i'm not progressing enough so can you have a look at my account https://swgoh.gg/u/mohamademad/

should i start over a new account or where should i continue with im currently at this stage in this account ?
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    One of my guildmates noticed an important detail from the last update: Colonel Starck is now ALWAYS in the guild store. In other words, he’s not just in the rotation; he will always show up. That makes him a prime target for farming as part of an Empire team for anyone in a guild that’s regularly doing raids and territory wars.
  • Options

I think the emphases on Commander Luke Skywalker and Jedi Training Rey help focus newer players and provide direction for how to advance in the game. Sure, there’s an order to it and you don’t need to focus on gearing up the New Hope crowd until after you already have R2D2 at 7*, but it’s important to have that end goal to work toward. Otherwise, players will be caught off guard when a legendary or hero’s journey event comes around and their teams are no longer good enough. Better to give people a path and the chance to get those legendary and hero’s journey characters so they have more options.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »

I think the emphases on Commander Luke Skywalker and Jedi Training Rey help focus newer players and provide direction for how to advance in the game. Sure, there’s an order to it and you don’t need to focus on gearing up the New Hope crowd until after you already have R2D2 at 7*, but it’s important to have that end goal to work toward. Otherwise, players will be caught off guard when a legendary or hero’s journey event comes around and their teams are no longer good enough. Better to give people a path and the chance to get those legendary and hero’s journey characters so they have more options.

In addition Wiggs and with anh scoundrel and phoenix window dressing could be a decent arena team. Not sure now with Vader Palpatine rework mainly vader's speed I think the mid game meta may have shifted.