The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Zgar, zDT shore palp thrawn. That is a lot of health steal for DT
  • Sith trooper bypassing protection plays nicely with ep unique.
  • Elebrind wrote: »
    Sith trooper bypassing protection plays nicely with ep unique.
    How so?

• Nevermind, I reread it. I was thinking the damage done by ep unique was done to health specifically
  • If anyone is interested, I am from a very large empire community, and we are opening up a guild with the primary focus of earning IPD shards. If you're interested, shoot me a PM here or on Discord (Fizzik#5524) and I'll be glad to answer your questions.
  • DarthDyna wrote: »
    So I've been waiting, dreaming of playing EP and Empire basically since I started in November. Farmed Phoenix to get me this far, but I'm at the point where I'd have to really invest in gearing them to keep up in arena, and I just don't want to keep playing them much longer. I've been saving my ability mats, credits, and gear for the last few weeks, so I should be able to gear EP to somewhere between G8 and G10 (don't have an exact amount on some gear), and max out his level and abilities to lvl 7 basically as soon as I get him.

Having said that, my Empire squad is basically tankless right now. Here's my swgoh.gg, I assume I should just run my top 4+ Palp when I unlock him later this week? Who can/should I farm up for my tank, if anyone? Fwiw my KRU is ~4 days from 7* and RG is 48/65, so about 2 days to 5*. I also have enough for 3 omegas right now, should I save them for my first zeta (4/20 shards now, just unlocked the battle yesterday)?

https://swgoh.gg/u/dae657/collection/?f=empire

Edit: I also should be hitting 80 somewhere between Thursday and Saturday, depending on fleet placement for crystal payout, and I'll have 7* vader within 2 weeks at absolute latest.

I'd suggest farming for Stormtrooper and gearing him. He's a far better tank than RG, and has Empire synergies unlike KRU.
  • vs. RJT in arena don't forget the Thrawn lead ...TM gain on debuffs is big...Vader and EP with their uniques can play very well now in non-leading roles.
  • Hango
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    After Rewarks EP and Vander, good idea might be team 1- zzThrawn (L) 2 EP 3 Vader 4 ShorT 5 Starch or Tarkin.
    STARCK- CD, CC and protecion for allies
    TARKIN- CC down, offens down and TM reduction for the enemy
  • Ftpreliable
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    If u had no IPD, after the EP and DV reworks,

What do u think about EP(L), DV, Thrawn, ShT and... TFP?

The benefits in fleet arena for maxed TFP might be remarkable...
  • If u had no IPD, after the EP and DV reworks,

What do u think about EP(L), DV, Thrawn, ShT and... TFP?

The benefits in fleet arena for maxed TFP might be remarkable...

I think that Thrawn is definitely the best leader. EP (L) will certainly be very good on dark TB and TW.
    TFP- I used it once in the arena, it has a lot of advantages but in the fight for top10 is weak and easy to kill him, but his starfighter is amazing and under the command of Chimarea shoots like a cannon.
  • The team I'm trying out is

zThrawn (L)

zDeath Trooper

Storm trooper

Shore trooper

zVader
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Anyone else notice the description for EP's Let the Hate Flow has removed the ability for it to refresh Shock for 2 turns? That kinda stinks.

There's also a misprint, I hope, in the description for his lvl 7 leader ability. It used to say empire allies gain 20% TM when applying a debuff, but now it's saying only 10%. Considering that was supposed to be the only change b/t lvl 6 & 7, hopefully it's still working properly and is just a typo.
  • - Forget tanks and go full offense
    I am having a lot of fun and quite succesful in arena with:
    zzEP(L), DV, zThrawn, DK, zDT.

“think like a Sith” - Darth Bane
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    BeWary wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the description for EP's Let the Hate Flow has removed the ability for it to refresh Shock for 2 turns? That kinda stinks.

There's also a misprint, I hope, in the description for his lvl 7 leader ability. It used to say empire allies gain 20% TM when applying a debuff, but now it's saying only 10%. Considering that was supposed to be the only change b/t lvl 6 & 7, hopefully it's still working properly and is just a typo.

They removed refresh because (they claim) he would be too op. The 20% tm is now only with zeta.
  • Tried zDVz lead with Thrawn(z), Nihilus(z), Shore and Storm (also tried with GK). Not good.

Gone back to Thrawn, DT, Nihilus, Shore and Storm. Not great either to be fair but handles rebels better.

Seems to me DV lead is only good (even with his unique zeta) is if he goes before R2. Raid Han stunning Vader and R2 getting smokescreen going leaving only GK as a target is a bad start. Plus Vader's basic remains very weak.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Tried zDVz lead with Thrawn(z), Nihilus(z), Shore and Storm (also tried with GK). Not good.

Gone back to Thrawn, DT, Nihilus, Shore and Storm. Not great either to be fair but handles rebels better.

Seems to me DV lead is only good (even with his unique zeta) is if he goes before R2. Raid Han stunning Vader and R2 getting smokescreen going leaving only GK as a target is a bad start. Plus Vader's basic remains very weak.

I use thrawn dt ShT tarkin and storm. I plan on trying palp in for either tarkin or storm when i get zeta on unique (18/20).
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Great squad is: zzPalp lead, zzVader, Thrawn, Shore and Tarkin. The Grand Moff is the key fot things to work out.

Climbed from around 20 to 1 handling very well other metas. Against NS hold Tarkin aeo for a few turns and relesase to kill them all for 25k/30k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZIFBrL7k4
  • ppix3
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I’ve been using as of late g11 Palpatine(lead), g12 kylo ren, g11 zeta savage, g10 Vader, g11 sidious.
    Any opinions? Don’t know who I should zeta next Vader or Palpatine or kylo ren??
    In squad arena usually around #250-260
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    ppix3 wrote: »
    I’ve been using as of late g11 Palpatine(lead), g12 kylo ren, g11 zeta savage, g10 Vader, g11 sidious.
    Any opinions? Don’t know who I should zeta next Vader or Palpatine or kylo ren??
    In squad arena usually around #250-260

Im guessing you don't have thrawn? My suggestion first would be palps unique.
  • dusted off my old TFP for an arena run. He’s now at 314 after the Tarkin lead and Vader is still going first. https://youtu.be/j-QMFpoQEyk
  • Royal Guard should get a rework so that his special cleanses all Empire allies and his UA gives extra durability to Palpatine, maybe preventing critical hits like with the Krooper combo.
  • "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Well that video is odd, facing JRey his whole squad goes before even BB8? And the other battles goes the same way, his toons are crazy faster then oponnent, that's why he can run without any tank. Unfortunately this doesn't correspond how is things on a tough arena.
  • Anyone mess around with saxon?
  • Fizzik wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, I am from a very large empire community, and we are opening up a guild with the primary focus of earning IPD shards. If you're interested, shoot me a PM here or on Discord (Fizzik#5524) and I'll be glad to answer your questions.

I don't see an option to PM you? But I'm interested in joining your guild. I can beat the IPD shard challenge.

Yep still trying to make his lead work. zgar, zdt, palp, shore, and thrawn. Crazy health steal for dt. It still not enough. Especially against ns it didn’t work as much as I wanted.
    If gar increased empires counter a little more - say 60 percent - I think it would do a lot better.

Yep still trying to make his lead work. zgar, zdt, palp, shore, and thrawn. Crazy health steal for dt. It still not enough. Especially against ns it didn’t work as much as I wanted.
    If gar increased empires counter a little more - say 60 percent - I think it would do a lot better.

I feel the counter should have been a 100%
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    page 127 wauwzers
    I joined the dark side once again. Hi ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • How about this.
    Gar Saxon lead, with EPz, DV, Thrawnz, and Dooku.
  • leef wrote: »
    page 127 wauwzers
    I joined the dark side once again. Hi ;)

Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.